Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,507
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418812 Jan 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"test the spirits"
Is it convicting rather than CONDEMNING?
If one's testing of the spirits results in rejecting the teaching of the Church who gave us the bible where we get the teaching to begin with, I would say they are testing the wrong spirits.
marge

Ames, IA

#418813 Jan 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture teaches Church and authority. It doesn't teach private judgment of scripture.
Scripture teaches one first must be born-again to see the kingdom of heaven.

Only then can one pick a church and know who teaches truth.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#418814 Jan 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say someone who comes to different conclusions than you do about the bible by "testing the spirits" is wrong?
The Holy Spirit does not lead one into doctrinal error and false unbiblical practices.
marge

Ames, IA

#418815 Jan 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Teaching that is popular with the world is NOT from God, it is from???
1 John 4:5
5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them.
John 3:12
But if you don't believe me when I tell you about earthly things, how can you possibly believe if I tell you about heavenly things?
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#418816 Jan 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Spirit does not lead one into doctrinal error and false unbiblical practices.
Hank, do you believe that we are justified by faith alone?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418817 Jan 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"test the spirits"
The apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthians and told them that the message of the gospel is foolishness to the world.
If your teaching appeals to the world then we know that there must be a problem.
You don't realize that the world at the time was pagan. The best thing you can do to help you with your bible study is to try and understand the context of St. Paul's writings, why he was writing to certain Churches, what problems they were dealing with, recognize St. Paul was writing pastoral letters of instruction and encouragement, etc.

I think that's part of the problem with modern protestantism because for some reason they think they are the ones to whom St. Paul was writing, not realing that he would have considered your teachings heretical and warned the Catholic Christians to stay away from you.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#418818 Jan 29, 2013
One issue that is very damaging to idea of a Pope is the fact that some of the popes were so depraved, even people who professed no religion at all were ashamed of them.

Looking into the history of the papacy, it is easy to see that not all popes were holy men. Accusations against them included but were not limited to blasphemy, simony (the buying and selling of the papal office), perjury, murder, adultery, intercourse with virgins and nuns, incest, sodomy, bestiality, robbery, idolatry, magic, infidelity, and gross and unnatural immorality.

Historians, even Roman Catholic historians will even attest to the fact there have been many sinful popes. Therefore, if popes are supposed to be the "representatives of Christ" here on earth and they are living an immoral lifestyle, should their commands still be obeyed if they are living in sin? No, it would be hypocritical for them to make rulings and decrees, and yet this is exactly what has been done by the popes
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418820 Jan 29, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture teaches one first must be born-again to see the kingdom of heaven.
Only then can one pick a church and know who teaches truth.
So which protestant church is it marge?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#418821 Jan 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church isn't a denomination just because people left them 1600 yrs later and turned around and said "now you guys are a denomination".
The Catholic church has yet to be judged,since many Catholics claim it still with its hideous sins against humanity remains the bride of Christ.YET always within the ranks of your organization and even with those who met in secret,there were b e l i e v e r s who stayed pure and holy,sacrificed all to serve Him,and even laid down their lives for Him.Those are the ones of the true and living BRIDE. You see Clay we would do better to stop calling the church by a title of any organization,but rather the future BRIDE of Christ.

The Bride must be chaste and walk in accordance to the Will of God,not of Man.

I see believers in every group or affiliation who walk with HIM,and are chaste ready to serve the Living Lord,and to embrace their future husband.

I do not know of too many men even amongst sinners who would marry a whore over a woman who has morals.Its all about being driven by either the Lord or this world.

Since thousands of believers throughout history rejected your church system,they cannot be held responsible for those sins that the RCC commited while claiming to be the Bride of Christ,and so on.God is not stupid nor is His Son a push over,HE will judge rightly,and weigh history,and see that He has had many believers who did not bow to the Roman Catholic Church in those 6 centuries that no doubt turned the stomach of God our Father.

God knows who are His,even in every affiliation,yours included,and He knows who were His during the Inquisition years,and beyond.He knows that His church is the Believers not some man-made organization of religious/political power seekers.

In the END Clay,it is all about HIM,and His Spirit,and His Mind that should be in us.It does not take a Rocket Scientist to know that an organization cannot duplicate what is spiritual,holy and miraculous in CHRIST.
marge

Ames, IA

#418822 Jan 29, 2013
If I have told you earthly things - If, after I

have illustrated this new birth by a most

expressive metaphor taken from earthly things, and

after all you believe not; how can you believe,

should I tell you of heavenly things, in such

language as angels use, where earthly images and

illustrations can have no place?

Or, if you, a teacher in Israel, do not understand

the nature of such an earthly thing, or custom of

the kingdom established over the Jewish nation, as

being born of baptism, practised every day in the

initiation of proselytes, how will you understand

such heavenly things as the initiation of my

disciples by the baptism of the Holy Ghost and

fire from heaven, if I should proceed farther on

the subject? clarke
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418823 Jan 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So those protestants who reject your church's teachings are not being led by the Holy Spirit?

I think most of them here will disagree with you.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418824 Jan 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
One issue that is very damaging to idea of a Pope is the fact that some of the popes were so depraved, even people who professed no religion at all were ashamed of them.
Looking into the history of the papacy, it is easy to see that not all popes were holy men. Accusations against them included but were not limited to blasphemy, simony (the buying and selling of the papal office), perjury, murder, adultery, intercourse with virgins and nuns, incest, sodomy, bestiality, robbery, idolatry, magic, infidelity, and gross and unnatural immorality.
Historians, even Roman Catholic historians will even attest to the fact there have been many sinful popes. Therefore, if popes are supposed to be the "representatives of Christ" here on earth and they are living an immoral lifestyle, should their commands still be obeyed if they are living in sin? No, it would be hypocritical for them to make rulings and decrees, and yet this is exactly what has been done by the popes
So which sinless protestant leader would you recommend we listen too?
altered state

Kansas City, MO

#418825 Jan 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It is absurd. Test the spirits? Read, interpret, judge and infallibly declare and teach scripture on your own? Anyone who wants to be a preacher can get ordained and start a church? I read somewhere that non-Catholic Christian and non-Christian groups around the world are amazed and disgusted with the watered down version of "Christianity" in modern American culture. Everyone is a paper pope, truth is relative.
The Godbots read and believe.....thats a sign of being brainwashed in black and white.How does a Bible character say anything?
Fun Facts

Freeland, MI

#418827 Jan 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic church has yet to be judged,since many Catholics claim it still with its hideous sins against humanity remains the bride of Christ.YET always within the ranks of your organization and even with those who met in secret,there were b e l i e v e r s who stayed pure and holy,sacrificed all to serve Him,and even laid down their lives for Him.Those are the ones of the true and living BRIDE. You see Clay we would do better to stop calling the church by a title of any organization,but rather the future BRIDE of Christ.
I see believers in every group or affiliation who walk with HIM,and are chaste ready to serve the Living Lord,and to embrace their future husband.
I do not know of too many men even amongst sinners who would marry a whore over a woman who has morals.Its all about being driven by either the Lord or this world.
Since thousands of believers throughout history rejected your church system,they cannot be held responsible for those sins that the RCC commited while claiming to be the Bride of Christ,and so on.God is not stupid nor is His Son a push over,HE will judge rightly,and weigh history,and see that He has had many believers who did not bow to the Roman Catholic Church in those 6 centuries that no doubt turned the stomach of God our Father.

You may have overlooked...
http://bible.cc/romans/14-13.htm
http://bible.cc/ephesians/4-29.htm
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/3-9.htm
Questions?

http://www.usccb.org/

http://www.orthodoxphotos.com/history.shtml

God knows who are His,even in every affiliation,yours included,and He knows who were His during the Inquisition years,and beyond.He knows that His church is the Believers not some man-made organization of religious/political power seekers.
In the END Clay,it is all about HIM,and His Spirit,and His Mind that should be in us.It does not take a Rocket Scientist to know that an organization cannot duplicate what is spiritual,holy and miraculous in CHRIST.
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/4-5.htm
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418828 Jan 29, 2013
altered state wrote:
<quoted text>The Godbots read and believe.....thats a sign of being brainwashed in black and white.How does a Bible character say anything?
Hey, Altered States was a good movie.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#418830 Jan 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic church has yet to be judged,since many Catholics claim it still with its hideous sins against humanity remains the bride of Christ.YET always within the ranks of your organization and even with those who met in secret,there were b e l i e v e r s who stayed pure and holy,sacrificed all to serve Him,and even laid down their lives for Him.Those are the ones of the true and living BRIDE. You see Clay we would do better to stop calling the church by a title of any organization,but rather the future BRIDE of Christ.
The Catholic Church isn't the "Bride of Christ" because they have a few charismatic Bishops or some nice schools.
They are the Bride of Christ because they are the recipients of infallible teachings on faith and morals from Jesus Christ.,
The teaching Magistrium of the CC will always be protected from error on these teachings because Christ promised so. They proclaim the truth in the Gospel and administer the Holy Sacraments, which includes, distributing Our Lords very being in the Holy Eucharist.

A bad Pope or Priest does not define Catholicism.

He did not promise to stop a Pope from sinning. He only promised that they will not bring down His Church.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#418831 Jan 29, 2013
World Trade Center (WTC) security company Stratesec has been a topic of considerable discussion among independent 9/11 investigators. One point of discussion has been the possible familial relationship between Stratesec’s CEO, Wirt Dexter Walker III, and its director Marvin Bush, whose brother was President of the United States on 9/11. Although Wirt and Marvin are distant relatives, these ties are inconsequential relative to each man’s family connections to old drug money, deep state operatives, and the wealthy, powerful people who have controlled such money and operatives over the last two centuries.[1]

Russell & Company was started in 1818 by Samuel Russell, cousin of the founder of the “secret society” called Skull & Bones at Yale University, William Huntington Russell. Samuel had gotten his start through merchant companies like Whittlesley & Alsop of Boston, MA. The Alsops were also major investors in the businesses run by James Monroe Walker, and Russell & Company partner John N. Alsop Griswold was a director of the C,B&Q as well as president of the Illinois Central railroad. Many years later, in the 1960s, Washington Post columnist Joe Alsop, a descendant of the Whittlesley & Alsop owners, convinced President Johnson to create the Warren Commission, which was a cover-up for the assassination of President Kennedy.[17]

In 1828, Russell & Company merged with another drug smuggling syndicate run by John Perkins Cushing.[18] Cushing brought in his cousins, Robert Bennet Forbes and John Murray Forbes. Robert Bennet Forbes was Senator John F. Kerry's great-grandfather. John Murray Forbes attended school at Phillips Academy in Andover, the alma mater of George H.W. Bush, and his sons Jeb and George W.

http://911blogger.com/news/2010-09-03/history...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#418832 Jan 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So which sinless protestant leader would you recommend we listen too?
There is no such....people whom are Christians know that!!!!
Hit And Run

Piedmont, OK

#418833 Jan 29, 2013
The roman catholic church is the beast and is with out a teacher but for satan.who changes the laws with trial and error.she is the woman that sits on seven hills named after seven different gods.

And if you support this church you are guilty of the churches crimes you are just as guilty.

You have been brainwashed into god worship the very thing the creator warns you not to worship god and or gods.god worship must be destroyed for the creator Is Yahweh And is not A god And no one can prove this to be incorrect.so you just keep worshiping your god.....That very well could be satan and yes satan is a woman.....And you will cause them to forget my name...And the world has....
Hit And Run

Piedmont, OK

#418834 Jan 29, 2013
Please don't get me wrong there are great Christians but most are not they are the first ones to rob and steal commit adultery.And to be honest I have never meet a great catholick most are greedy sorry people.who worship idols.And lie.And try and push a bull shit religion on people.I'm telling you the church is evil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Rider on the Storm 794,059
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 6 min tasia 227
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min lil whispers 607,082
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min lovewithin 39,648
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Rick in Kansas 267,332
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 26 min graciousaint 253
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 27 min mamma-san 221,531
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr HipGnosis 505
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 97,439
More from around the web