Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,176)

Showing posts 403,501 - 403,520 of512,235
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
The Danger of Fundamentalists
Catholicism IS Christianity
May 6, 2011
I really want to correct the misconception that Catholicism is just a branch of Christianity and at the same time correct the lie that Catholicism is not Christian. Catholicism is NOT just a branch of Christianity. Catholicism IS Christianity. Other Christian churches are just poor imitations of Catholicism. They separated from Catholicism and invented their own teachings to suit their own personal agenda. Others have strayed so far that calling them Christians is not only inaccurate but absolutely false (E.g., religions that claim to be Christians but reject the Trinity, like Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons, which, ridiculously enough, claim they restored Christianity). Mormonism and Jehovah’s Witnesses reject the Trinity but the basic tenet of Christianity is the Trinity, so how can one be a Christian if he, or she, rejects the Trinity? To say that a Christian is someone who follows Jesus’ teachings is being vague since Mormons and Jehovah’s Witnesses have their own version of Jesus. Their Jesus is not the Jesus that Christians know. Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Jesus is just an angel. But when Jehovah’s Witnesses are deliberately trying to mislead Christians away from Christianity, they claim that Jesus is also a god (implying that Jesus is merely a creation among many). In the US Christianity is too watered-down that only a very few have an idea of what Christianity really is. The problem is the watered-down Christianity is spreading like wild fire across the globe so ignorance of Christianity is spreading (Ignorance of Catholicism is ignorance of Christianity). I blame it on the bible fundamentalists who know nothing about the history of Christianity because they’re well-versed in their revisionist history. Bible fundamentalists, who prefer to be called as just “Christians”(to own that word), or “born again”, are continuously lying about the teachings of Catholicism. They also chime in with anti-Catholic “atheists”, or any anti-Catholics, in highlighting the individual Catholic’s flaw in an attempt to say that Catholicism is evil. They would do anything, no matter what it takes, to destroy Catholicism. They mean us harm. No, I’m not being paranoid. In bible fundamentalists’(and anti-Catholics in general) attempt to destroy Catholicism, they’re attempting to destroy our way to know God. But I’m not only blaming the bible fundamentalists. I know that a lot of cradle Catholics (like myself) are guilty of being indifferent for so long that we failed to defend Catholicism from the lies and venom that those bible fundamentalists are spewing against Catholicism. On top of that, Catholicism is also being attacked from within by some Catholics with the same venom and lies that bible fundamentalists spew, not to mention the Catholic priests that gave Catholicism shame (they opened a door for enemies to attack Catholicism by committing crimes against children). Now, many people see that as an opportunity to shame Catholicism into silence in an attempt to destroy Catholicism.
Snipped for space...

Glad to help...

denomination
1. A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.

To say that Catholics are not united under a common faith (Christianity) and name (Roman Catholic Church) and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy (The Vatacan) displays a denial of reality!!!!!
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>it all goes back to this. you say that they[apostles] started your church and reggie says that jesus started your church. one of you is worng or both of you are wrong. i vote for both of you being wrong.
I not only was called to preach back in 1984 but God Himself said that I was also an Apostle, therefore saying that, I can and do say this. my authority to tell you EXACTLY what Jesus said trumps any lies that you have been told concerning this piece of grain being Jesus.
NOT ONE APOSTLE EVER SAID THIS WAS AN ACTUAL BODY THAT YOU CATHOLICS EAT. NOT ONE!!!!! You say that Peter is your first pope, then show us where peter said to you catholics that this piece of grain is actually the real body of Jesus.
Of course Jesus started the Church. But He didn't write anything down or go across the known world preaching. He sent His Apostles.

And yes Preston, the Apostles did say what bread and wine are. Jesus Himself said it.
Paul taught it in 1cor 11:23
You reject it. You say Christ didn't really mean it.
Paul didn't really think it was Christs body and blood. The Apostolic fathers were all nuts too for thinking it. Right?
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Snipped for space...
Glad to help...
denomination
1. A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.
To say that Catholics are not united under a common faith (Christianity) and name (Roman Catholic Church) and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy (The Vatacan) displays a denial of reality!!!!!
You're ignoring the simple reality that the author is pointing out:

Catholicism IS Christianity. Catholicism is not a "group united under a common faith".....Catholicism IS the Christian faith.....the Christian faith IS Catholicism. They are one and the same. Christianity = Catholicism. Catholicism = Christianity.

Anything else is a pale imitation, a johnny-come-lately, watered down version that's been distorted beyond all recognition. THE Christian Church, that is the Catholic Church, is the Church founded by Jesus Christ on the rock of St. Peter, the apostle, with Christ being the chief cornerstone. You people don't understand what a cornerstone is, do you? It's obvious you don't from your comments here (lol).

The Apostolic faith, meaning the faith taught by the Apostles, can only be found in the Catholic Church, including the Eastern rites. Some of you might love God and are trying to keep His commandments (although very, very few of you as evidenced by your comments), but you do not adhere to faith taught by those He left in charge of His church, His apostles and their successors.

Sorry, but you made your choice. Free will and all that.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

TOWARD YOUR HAPPINESS
Catholicism and Fundamentalism: A Contrast

A Pastoral Letter to Catholics in Mississippi and Alabama

"I prefer to work with you toward your happiness." 2 Cor. 1:24

8. Fundamentalists, because of their literalist mindset, have led others, by using brief Scripture quotations taken out of context, to world views and judgments very much opposed to our Catholic understanding. They set up an exaggerated contrast between the world (evil) and the Kingdom (good). While it is true that Scripture talks about the antagonism between the world and the Kingdom, it does not condemn our basic creation. The Bible teaches that we often take the good things God has created and misuse them. it is we who can be evil, not the universe. For Catholics, Biblical teaching has always maintained that our world is good and has been entrusted to our care by God. We do not see it as something evil to escape, rather we embrace our world without embracing the sin within it.

The Fundamentalist approach often leads one to an unbalanced spirituality. Holiness, in this view, comes from fleeing the world: perfect holiness will only be achieved when the world is destroyed. This gives the lie to the Incarnation. Christ Jesus entered the world and began the process of its conversion and transformation. What Adam undid through sin, Christ redoes, and more, through the grace of His redeeming Death and Resurrection.
http://www.shc.edu/theolibrary/resources/fund...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Did they told you about Magus Simon sosero as black no no that peter is not Jesus Christ alive apostol.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nucci,_Avan...

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Jesus started the Church. But He didn't write anything down or go across the known world preaching. He sent His Apostles.
And yes Preston, the Apostles did say what bread and wine are. Jesus Himself said it.
Paul taught it in 1cor 11:23
You reject it. You say Christ didn't really mean it.
Paul didn't really think it was Christs body and blood. The Apostolic fathers were all nuts too for thinking it. Right?
Christ wrote the Ten Commandments with his own finger on stone tablets ) Jesus stated he was the one with the church in the wilderness) and on the wall also in the ground long before the apostles come on the scene.........read his written word then you would know not to say he never wrote anything down.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Soo. Didn't Thomas,one of the twelve referto Christ as my Lordand my GOD?
http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/john/20-2...
Yes.Thomas declared the Lord there,it was not some wow response,but a holy confirmation of Jesus being not only Lord,but God as well.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
So if Christ is not God then why do people in the scriptures worship Him? Isn't it wrong to worship anyone except God?
'
A: the wrong interpretation of what he (Jesus) taught.

Men have erred.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

i am still alive
i don't know how
Hit And Run

Piedmont, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Praise the lard and pass the biscuits.

Lord is not his name god is not his name he has but one name and that is

YAHWEH ALL OTHER NAMES WERE ADDED........
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

conspiracy justice..
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Israel don't have Y letter..hi hi hi
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
552 500
Thanks for proving my point:
Mt 16:8 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Your vain words do not change the definition of the word "church"..He did not establish a denomination.....which is what the Catholic religion is.....a denomination..
Jesus Christ intitiated and established HIS ONE UNIVERSAL CHURCH. and OVER 2000 years of "proven, authenticated and verifable TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY confirms it over and over and over again. Your "bogus, distorted and imaginative (myths) does not, nor will not change the TRUTH of Church History by Apologist Historian authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant)
!!! Luther and the Protestant Reformation established denominations. There were no denominations before Luther came along. Now there are over 42,000+ denominations and the Catholic Church never was, never is, nor ever will be one of these contradicting, inconsistent, and conflicting denominations, that have never, nor will ever agree on ANYTHING accept attacking and condemning the Historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His (One and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church--(the bride of Christ).. You can "spin your wheels, spin the TRUTH, spin "church history-around in circles, like the "tea cups" at Disneyland which is designed to go "nowhere" just like your "personal opinionated" heretical distortion of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church------- also is "going nowhere"!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

evil justice conspiracy how many

o well 15 years
as i know

now
much worse will come
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

but Israel have triangle into triangle..flag

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You're ignoring the simple reality that the author is pointing out:
Catholicism IS Christianity. Catholicism is not a "group united under a common faith".....Catholicism IS the Christian faith.....the Christian faith IS Catholicism. They are one and the same. Christianity = Catholicism. Catholicism = Christianity.
Anything else is a pale imitation, a johnny-come-lately, watered down version that's been distorted beyond all recognition. THE Christian Church, that is the Catholic Church, is the Church founded by Jesus Christ on the rock of St. Peter, the apostle, with Christ being the chief cornerstone. You people don't understand what a cornerstone is, do you? It's obvious you don't from your comments here (lol).
The Apostolic faith, meaning the faith taught by the Apostles, can only be found in the Catholic Church, including the Eastern rites. Some of you might love God and are trying to keep His commandments (although very, very few of you as evidenced by your comments), but you do not adhere to faith taught by those He left in charge of His church, His apostles and their successors.
Sorry, but you made your choice. Free will and all that.
The truth remains:

Glad to help...
denomination

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Hit And Run wrote:
Praise the lard and pass the biscuits.
Lord is not his name god is not his name he has but one name and that is
YAHWEH ALL OTHER NAMES WERE ADDED........
Restoring the Creators name

http://www.worldslastchance.com/videos/non-wl...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>

Why create a picture or statue of someone, if you have no idea what this person looked like if they did exist?
If someone cut a mans picture from a magazine and gave it to you and said this was your father, what would you say?
CONFIRMED BUSTED!
I'd tell that person to "go and ask Michael"! He is an expert at distorting, twisting, manipulating and exaggerated the Truth. He enjoys creating "imaginary myths and legends" especially when it comes to attempting to "undermine and pervert" the TRUTH of Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ intitiated and established HIS ONE UNIVERSAL CHURCH. and OVER 2000 years of "proven, authenticated and verifable TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY confirms it over and over and over again. Your "bogus, distorted and imaginative (myths) does not, nor will not change the TRUTH of Church History by Apologist Historian authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant)
!!! Luther and the Protestant Reformation established denominations. There were no denominations before Luther came along. Now there are over 42,000+ denominations and the Catholic Church never was, never is, nor ever will be one of these contradicting, inconsistent, and conflicting denominations, that have never, nor will ever agree on ANYTHING accept attacking and condemning the Historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His (One and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church--(the bride of Christ).. You can "spin your wheels, spin the TRUTH, spin "church history-around in circles, like the "tea cups" at Disneyland which is designed to go "nowhere" just like your "personal opinionated" heretical distortion of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church------- also is "going nowhere"!!!
You can deny until you are blue in the face...it will not change the facts:

604 552 500
You have proven my point:
Mt 16:8 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Your vain words do not change the definition of the word "church"..He did not establish a denomination.....which is what the Catholic religion is.....a denomination..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 403,501 - 403,520 of512,235
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

505 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min scaritual 680,525
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Go Le Gay Levi GO 109,705
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 min NUTS AMERICA 37,882
5000th post wins game (Apr '13) 12 min andet1987 1,388
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min BenAdam 217,104
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 23 min spunkslut69 262
Gay Snapchat Names 25 min Arturotho_8 1,353
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min VIKING WARRIOR 596,585
•••