Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,868
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Catholic Pedos

Toronto, Canada

#418125 Jan 25, 2013
Catholic hospital chain beats malpractice suit by saying fetuses aren’t people

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/24/catholi...

Catholics have no integrity

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#418126 Jan 25, 2013
108 093
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Incarnate Son of God.
God made manifest.
The word made flesh.
Fully Divine
Fully human.
Jesus and God are one.
There is a new book on the market now..it just came out..it is called "dictionary"...you need one.

Incarnate: Embodied in human form; personified

Permit me. Christ, the Second Person in the Holy Trinity was embodied in human form...He was personified.

Location hidden

#418127 Jan 25, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have overlooked...
9But you are not in the flesh; on the contrary, you are in the spirit, if only the Spirit of God dwells in you. Whoever does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.g
10But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the spirit is alive because of righteousness.h
11If the Spirit of the one who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, the one who raised Christ from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies also, through his Spirit that dwells in you.
http://www.usccb.org/bible/romans/8
Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
You evidently did not understand my request..

The Holy Trinity: God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Show me this Trinity that expresses your belief that God is Christ and that Christ is God.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#418128 Jan 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me this Trinity that expresses your belief that God is Christ and that Christ is God.
All that is attributed to God the Father in Isaiah 39-44,is to the Son.God is the only Savior,the Son is the same in the New Testament.Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess to God Almighty,and the same is attributed to the So,as EVERY knee shall bow,and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord.Jesus is the Word,the Logos of the Almighty,He was,and is,and IS to come,the firstborn of all creation,that in is His resurrection from the dead.

Reveleation in the first chapters brings out the Father and the Son and that they both are the beginning and the End,so to say Jesus is not part of the Godhead,is to deny His Holy Incarnation.To deny that JESUS who is God,came in the flesh is to be anti-christ. I do not think Oxbow you have the whole Bible in mind when you reject the Trinity or Godhead.

Another fallacy of those who reject the Deity of Christ is that they fail to see that when Jesus walked this earth HE in fact was totally a Man,and was titled quite emphatically the Son of Man.That is the Human Nature He inherited from His precious Mother the Virgin Mary,before even Joseph and Mary were married in a ceremony.

Jesus is Man and totally so through His Human Mother,who being a Virgin,and untouched by a man,deposited of her own humanity into the Lord Jesus.

The fact that Jesus said only His Father in Heaven was good,was because He(the Lord Jesus) took on corruption,that human body that must die because of the Sin of all flesh.Jesus the last time I read Scripture died in place of all sin on the TREE,The Apostle Peter alludes to it in the 2nd chapter of his first epistle.Not seeing what the main purpose of why Jesus had to be crucified and D I E, is another fallacy of those who reject His Deity.

Those who reject His deity say Jesus said this and that,to show He was only human,well when you look at those sayings,you see that the SON of MAN is speaking through Him,who was MAN,and knew the corruptive ways of the flesh,remember He was tempted in every way as all men are tempted,which by the way,even though He never succumbed to the temptation,He had to be crucified as though He himself sinned(which of course we know He did not).But as a Man,Jesus represented Humanity even to God the Father,and that is a wholesome and beautiful Mystery in and of itself.

It is the most awesome thing to behold the Lord Jesus who is both God and Man,to please and represent the Father,but also to represent the human race,as a Man.It is a powerful thing,and none of us can even imagine its magnitude or the results of when we SEE HIM face to face.

Location hidden

#418129 Jan 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
“For in Him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell.” Col. 1:19 “For in Him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily.” Col. 2:9
I agree completely: "the fullness of God was pleased to dwell in him"...it do not say Christ is God nor that God is Christ..

"For in Him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily."...it do not say Christ is God nor that God is Christ..

Further proof that He is the Incarnate Son of God...the second person in the Holy Trinity...

Thanks for your help...
Clay

Chicago, IL

#418131 Jan 25, 2013
Above post was for Ox.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#418132 Jan 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
104 092
<quoted text>
If you have followed this thread you have seen me using Scripture to debunk the teaching that Christ is God Almighty and that God Almighty is Christ.
However, you as any other, can deny the truth..
The Catholics teach that Christ is the Incarnate Son of God...SBC teaches Christ is the Son of God..this, as I have shown is supported by Scripture and it is my firm belief...
What is your belief on the matter....
Full of Love, a non-Catholic, quite obviously has taken the same approach to his faith as you have and concluded differently-both of you employ the Bible alone and interpret same yourself.

You two have come to completely different conclusions respective to the Trinity. One of you is wrong, or both of you are wrong.

How do you know who is correct?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#418133 Jan 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never denied the Holy Trinity...
I firmly believe Scripture that supports the Catholic teaching that Christ is the incarnate Son of God and not God the Almighty as Catholics erroneously believe....
Is the deity of Christ biblical?"
Answer: In addition to Jesus’ specific claims about Himself, His disciples also acknowledged the deity of Christ. They claimed that Jesus had the right to forgive sins—something only God can do—as it is God who is offended by sin (Acts 5:31; Colossians 3:13; Psalm 130:4; Jeremiah 31:34). In close connection with this last claim, Jesus is also said to be the one who will “judge the living and the dead”(2 Timothy 4:1). Thomas cried out to Jesus,“My Lord and my God!”(John 20:28). Paul calls Jesus “great God and Savior”(Titus 2:13) and points out that prior to His incarnation Jesus existed in the “form of God”(Philippians 2:5-8). God the Father says regarding Jesus:“Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever”(Hebrews 1:8). John states that “in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word [Jesus] was God”(John 1:1). Examples of Scriptures that teach the deity of Christ are many (see Revelation 1:17, 2:8, 22:13; 1 Corinthians 10:4; 1 Peter 2:6-8; Psalm 18:2, 95:1; 1 Peter 5:4; Hebrews 13:20), but even one of these is enough to show that Christ was considered to be God by His followers.
Jesus is also given titles that are unique to YHWH (the formal name of God) in the Old Testament. The Old Testament title “redeemer”(Psalm 130:7; Hosea 13:14) is used of Jesus in the New Testament (Titus 2:13; Revelation 5:9). Jesus is called Immanuel—“God with us”—in Matthew 1. In Zechariah 12:10, it is YHWH who says,“They will look on me, the one they have pierced.” But the New Testament applies this to Jesus’ crucifixion (John 19:37; Revelation 1:7). If it is YHWH who is pierced and looked upon, and Jesus was the one pierced and looked upon, then Jesus is YHWH. Paul interprets Isaiah 45:22-23 as applying to Jesus in Philippians 2:10-11. Further, Jesus’ name is used alongside God’s in prayer “Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ”(Galatians 1:3; Ephesians 1:2). This would be blasphemy if Christ were not deity. The name of Jesus appears with God's in Jesus' commanded to baptize “in the name [singular] of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”(Matthew 28:19; see also 2 Corinthians 13:14).
Actions that can be accomplished only by God are credited to Jesus. Jesus not only raised the dead (John 5:21, 11:38-44) and forgave sins (Acts 5:31, 13:38), He created and sustains the universe (John 1:2; Colossians 1:16-17). This becomes even clearer when one considers YHWH said He was alone during creation (Isaiah 44:24). Further, Christ possesses attributes that only deity can have: eternality (John 8:58), omnipresence (Matthew 18:20, 28:20), omniscience (Matthew 16:21), and omnipotence (John 11:38-44).
Now, it is one thing to claim to be God or to fool someone into believing it is true, and something else entirely to prove it to be so. Christ offered many miracles as proof of His claim to deity. Just a few of Jesus' miracles include turning water to wine (John 2:7), walking on water (Matthew 14:25), multiplying physical objects (John 6:11), healing the blind (John 9:7), the lame (Mark 2:3), and the sick (Matthew 9:35; Mark 1:40-42), and even raising people from the dead (John 11:43-44; Luke 7:11-15; Mark 5:35). Moreover, Christ Himself rose from the dead. Far from the so-called dying and rising gods of pagan mythology, nothing like the resurrection is seriously claimed by other religions, and no other claim has as much extra-scriptural confirmation.
There are at least twelve historical facts about Jesus that even non-Christian critical scholars will admit:
cont
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#418134 Jan 25, 2013
Oxbow
cont
1. Jesus died by crucifixion.
2. He was buried.
3. His death caused the disciples to despair and lose hope.
4. Jesus' tomb was discovered (or was claimed to be discovered) to be empty a few days later.
5. The disciples believed they experienced appearances of the risen Jesus.
6. After this, the disciples were transformed from doubters into bold believers.
7. This message was the center of preaching in the early Church.
8. This message was preached in Jerusalem.
9. As a result of this preaching, the Church was born and it grew.
10. Resurrection day, Sunday, replaced the Sabbath (Saturday) as the primary day of worship.
11. James, a skeptic, was converted when he also believed that he saw the resurrected Jesus.
12. Paul, an enemy of Christianity, was converted by an experience which he believed to be an appearance of the risen Jesus.
Even if someone were to object to this specific list, only a few are needed to prove the resurrection and establish the gospel: Jesus' death, burial, resurrection, and appearances (1 Corinthians 15:1-5). While there may be some theories to explain one or two of the above facts, only the resurrection explains and accounts for them all. Critics admit that the disciples claimed they saw the risen Jesus. Neither lies nor hallucinations can transform people the way the resurrection did. First, what would they have had to gain? Christianity was not popular and it certainly did not make them any money. Second, liars do not make good martyrs. There is no better explanation than the resurrection for the disciples’ willingness to die horrible deaths for their faith. Yes, many people die for lies that they think are true, but people do not die for what they know is untrue.
In conclusion, Christ claimed He was YHWH, that He was deity (not just “a god” but the one true God); His followers (Jews who would have been terrified of idolatry) believed Him and referred to Him as God. Christ proved His claims to deity through miracles, including the world-altering resurrection. No other hypothesis can explain these facts. Yes, the deity of Christ is biblical.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#418135 Jan 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You mistake arrogance for confidence.
Confidence in what? Surely not Jesus.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to convert you, I know you've rejected the Church.

Good - because it is futile to do so.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you try so hard to convert others to gnosticism? I think it's lack of confidence.
No it's not, it is to bring them closer to Jesus.

Location hidden

#418137 Jan 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
108 093
<quoted text>
There is a new book on the market now..it just came out..it is called "dictionary"...you need one.
Incarnate: Embodied in human form; personified
Permit me. Christ, the Second Person in the Holy Trinity was embodied in human form...He was personified.
A minature inverter/converter is always a great means to learn something new.

and when we look at your word description(embodied) we find that it totally agrees with what I have been saying about an egg of mary was NEVER used by God as far as Jesus was concerned.

em·bod·y (m-bd)
tr.v. em·bod·ied, em·bod·y·ing, em·bod·ies
1. To give a bodily form to;

NOTICE THAT IT SAYS TO GIVE A BODILY FORM.

AN EGG IS JUST THAT, AN EGG, AND LIKE i HAVE SAID TIME AND TIME AGAIN, AN EGG CAN NOT IN AND OF ITSELF PRODUCES A BODY.LOL

BUT THE EMBRYO DOES.
Fun Facts

Freeland, MI

#418138 Jan 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You evidently did not understand my request..
Look again...

9 You, however, live not by your natural inclinations, but by the Spirit, since the

Spirit of God
has made a home in you. Indeed, anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ

does not belong to him
http://www.catholic.org/bible/book.php...
"The Spirit of Christ"...
not..
The Spirit 'Given to' Christ...
Questions?
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/jesus_christ...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#418139 Jan 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>A minature inverter/converter is always a great means to learn something new.
and when we look at your word description(embodied) we find that it totally agrees with what I have been saying about an egg of mary was NEVER used by God as far as Jesus was concerned.
em·bod·y (m-bd)
AN EGG IS JUST THAT, AN EGG, AND LIKE i HAVE SAID TIME AND TIME AGAIN, AN EGG CAN NOT IN AND OF ITSELF PRODUCES A BODY.LOL
BUT THE EMBRYO DOES.
Embryos occur without a fertilzed egg (in human development)?

Location hidden

#418140 Jan 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
Oxbow
cont
1. Jesus died by crucifixion.
2. He was buried.
3. His death caused the disciples to despair and lose hope.
4. Jesus' tomb was discovered (or was claimed to be discovered) to be empty a few days later.
5. The disciples believed they experienced appearances of the risen Jesus.
6. After this, the disciples were transformed from doubters into bold believers.
7. This message was the center of preaching in the early Church.
8. This message was preached in Jerusalem.
9. As a result of this preaching, the Church was born and it grew.
10. Resurrection day, Sunday, replaced the Sabbath (Saturday) as the primary day of worship.
11. James, a skeptic, was converted when he also believed that he saw the resurrected Jesus.
12. Paul, an enemy of Christianity, was converted by an experience which he believed to be an appearance of the risen Jesus.
Even if someone were to object to this specific list, only a few are needed to prove the resurrection and establish the gospel: Jesus' death, burial, resurrection, and appearances (1 Corinthians 15:1-5). While there may be some theories to explain one or two of the above facts, only the resurrection explains and accounts for them all. Critics admit that the disciples claimed they saw the risen Jesus. Neither lies nor hallucinations can transform people the way the resurrection did. First, what would they have had to gain? Christianity was not popular and it certainly did not make them any money. Second, liars do not make good martyrs. There is no better explanation than the resurrection for the disciples’ willingness to die horrible deaths for their faith. Yes, many people die for lies that they think are true, but people do not die for what they know is untrue.
In conclusion, Christ claimed He was YHWH, that He was deity (not just “a god” but the one true God); His followers (Jews who would have been terrified of idolatry) believed Him and referred to Him as God. Christ proved His claims to deity through miracles, including the world-altering resurrection. No other hypothesis can explain these facts. Yes, the deity of Christ is biblical.
THIS MATTER CAN BE RESOLVED VERY EASILY.

all OXBOW has to say is this; God, the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, nothing more has to be added, however if he wants to be bullheaded, who on here would wish for him to be otherwise, if he so chooses.

One can not be Seperated from the other. when I first got saved, even to think of the Name of Jesus would give me Blessings and i wondered about that since I felt that God the Father would be jealous, but he soon let me know that He was well pleased and proud of His Son.

that settled it in my Heart and I have never looked at this dilemma(in my mind,anyway) any other way, since it isnt.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#418141 Jan 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>THIS MATTER CAN BE RESOLVED VERY EASILY.
all OXBOW has to say is this; God, the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, nothing more has to be added, however if he wants to be bullheaded, who on here would wish for him to be otherwise, if he so chooses.
One can not be Seperated from the other. when I first got saved, even to think of the Name of Jesus would give me Blessings and i wondered about that since I felt that God the Father would be jealous, but he soon let me know that He was well pleased and proud of His Son.
that settled it in my Heart and I have never looked at this dilemma(in my mind,anyway) any other way, since it isnt.
Well, Oxbow isn't saying that.

Why are you all so anxious to bail Oxbow out of his heresy?

I'm Catholic and believe in the Trinity and you guys have condemned me to the nether regions a thousand times.

Location hidden

#418142 Jan 25, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
this isn't facebook.
I realize that this isnt facebook, however, to show a picture of a little baby sometimes turns the insults, fangs showing and so on, into all of us forgetting those displays and becoming human beings with soemthing in common.

I hope that you understand that reasoning, because that is why I put it up there, but never mind, you can now look at my ugly mug instead of a beautiful baby boy, as I do what I do best.

SITTING.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#418143 Jan 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>A minature inverter/converter is always a great means to learn something new.
em·bod·y (m-bd)
BUT THE EMBRYO DOES.
An egg must be fertilized first.

"The chromosomes of the oocyte and sperm are...respectively enclosed within female and male pronuclei. These pronuclei fuse with each other to produce the single, diploid, 2N nucleus of the fertilized zygote. This moment of zygote formation may be taken as the beginning or zero time point of embryonic development."
[Larsen, William J. Human Embryology. 2nd edition. New York: Churchill Livingstone, 1997, p. 17]

"The development of a human being begins with fertilization, a process by which two highly specialized cells, the spermatozoon from the male and the oocyte from the female, unite to give rise to a new organism, the zygote."
[Langman, Jan. Medical Embryology. 3rd edition. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins, 1975, p. 3]

"Embryo: The early developing fertilized egg that is growing into another individual of the species. In man the term 'embryo' is usually restricted to the period of development from fertilization until the end of the eighth week of pregnancy."
[Walters, William and Singer, Peter (eds.). Test-Tube Babies. Melbourne: Oxford University Press, 1982, p. 160]

http://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/articles/em...

Location hidden

#418144 Jan 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Embryos occur without a fertilzed egg (in human development)?
and that simply put, is WHY it was considered a miracle.

do you really believe that God had sexual intercourse with Mary, fertilizing her egg, making Jesus half man/ half God?

I dont. because if that occured, that would be exactly what Jesus would have been.

Location hidden

#418145 Jan 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Oxbow isn't saying that.
Why are you all so anxious to bail Oxbow out of his heresy?
I'm Catholic and believe in the Trinity and you guys have condemned me to the nether regions a thousand times.
go back to grade school,dan, calling oxbow [bullheaded] isnt bailing him out of anything.

I consider him in the same class as the sda, 4bdn,and Orville.

USELESS
Dan

Omaha, NE

#418146 Jan 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and that simply put, is WHY it was considered a miracle.
do you really believe that God had sexual intercourse with Mary, fertilizing her egg, making Jesus half man/ half God?
I dont. because if that occured, that would be exactly what Jesus would have been.
Um, He was fully man and fully God.

His conception was miraculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Secrets To Dog Training: Stop Your Dog's Behavi... 16 min Jack Miller 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 30 min ChristineM 764,437
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 33 min arabian 5,425
hill climb racing hack last update NOV 2014 35 min hill climb racing 1
hill climb racing hack for android 45 min Hack free 2
Clash of clans hack last updated NOV 2014 1 hr Hack free 1
Moses never existed 1 hr truth 553
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 263,441
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Catcher1 175,040
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr jjustice0981 603,601

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE