Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,741
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

United States

#417859 Jan 23, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott Hahn was educated at the conservative, evangelical Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
I was going to mention that too.
preston

Waverly, OH

#417861 Jan 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to mention that too.
judas started on the Right Road too.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417862 Jan 23, 2013
A beautiful angel with a dreadful aging disease sweetly sings praises to JESUS. &#9829;

You have to hear her message of love & happiness!
http://www.godvine.com/Girl-with-Progeria-Sin...
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#417864 Jan 23, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he is the head of a state? what state?
Thanks to Saint Mussolini, the Vatican is an independent state.

Consider the source and see how that status is used.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417865 Jan 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
A beautiful angel with a dreadful aging disease sweetly sings praises to JESUS. &#9829;
You have to hear her message of love & happiness!
http://www.godvine.com/Girl-with-Progeria-Sin...
Can not imagine the heartless people who gave the above post negative judgies.
preston

Waverly, OH

#417866 Jan 23, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Can not imagine the heartless people who gave the above post negative judgies.
you are a good one to talk.

you and 4bdn have done that to my posts for months.lol

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#417867 Jan 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You have neither the authority nor the intellectual ability to decide who teaches per scripture and who doesn't.
You should stick with being a student. You're not ready, may not ever be ready to be a teacher of scripture.
~~~

YOU WROTE

You're not ready, may not ever be ready to be a teacher of scripture.

SEZ YOU...

AND BY WHAT AUTHORITY TO YOU JUDGE HER...

SHE HAS THE LEADERSHIP, GUIDANCE... OF THE HOLY GHOST....

QUESTION...

How can you.... that denies the authenticity of the scripture ...
WHICH THE HOLY GHOST INSPIRED make such a declaration.

Your belief is based upon CONJECTURE AND FABLES...pre-scriptural conjecture that is nothing more than hearsay, with nothing from the OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT TO VALIDATE BACK IT UP.

YOU CHURCH DOES NOT HAVE A MONOPOLY OR A FRANCHISE ON THE LEADERSHIP OF THE HOLY GHOST...

NO ONE HAS..

BUT EVERY HONEST SEEKER... THAT IS BORN AGAIN ...OF THE SPIRIT ...HAS THIS PROMISE FROM JESUS...

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Pro_16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Pro_17:19 He loveth transgression that loveth strife: and he that exalteth his gate seeketh destruction.

Pro_18:7 A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.

Pro_18:12 Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility.

Pro_21:15 It is joy to the just to do judgment: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#417868 Jan 23, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott Hahn was educated at the conservative, evangelical Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
Being raised as a Protestant, Scott Hahn admits that he had been "hoodwinked, deceived and falsely misled by the "bible only" indoctrination that everything "must be in the bible" in order for it to be true. The fact is that "nowhere" in the bible does it say this and "nowhere" in the bible did Jesus (ever say) that the bible is the only source of truth. In fact, the bible says "just the opposite it 1 Tim 3:15 where Paul calls the Church (not the bible) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. The Greek word for Church, here is "ecclesia" which refers to the visible, heirarchical, authoritative Church,(not an ivisible ethereal body of believers, loosely connect in faith in the bible alone. The New Testament in Acts 2, confirms Pauls writings about Jesus Christs authoritative, visible, heirarchical Church, beginning in Antioch with His Apostles as Bishops, priests, elders and deacons. This "ridiculous" bible only Protestant distortion, denying the truth of what the bible says, and denying what Paul "clearly says about Jesus Christs authoritative "visible Church, is a "typical bible only "fabricated Protestant deceptive lie". "Re-writing and changing the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH History (as well as) the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible by "making up things" is called "Scrape the bottom"--(desperation Protestantism)
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#417869 Jan 23, 2013
universal voodoo cult
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417870 Jan 23, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you are a good one to talk.
you and 4bdn have done that to my posts for months.lol
NOT

However next time someone decides to Stroke your Ego I have founf you a two for one special at Wal- Greens.

truth

Perth, Australia

#417871 Jan 23, 2013
Very precious describe
''weed seed''
your embryo nobody have from my family i hope in future too..
Do you liked me because of that i am not care?

Now according smart diploma as Jesus call Scribe Pharisee and this and that others need suffer.

In future will be miracle like never before.
They will tell who is better then us where is God?!
Then suddenly something happen.

I hope its will be one cooking bread from all of you

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#417872 Jan 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
These doctrines don't date back all the way to Constantine, except for perhaps in seed form, but were slowly adopted over many years as various popes issued decrees. In many cases, the doctrines are not even based on Scripture, but on a document of the church. Most Roman Catholics consider themselves to be Christians and are unaware of the differences between their beliefs and the Bible. Sadly, the Roman Catholic Church has fostered that ignorance by discouraging the personal study of the Bible and making the people reliant on the priests for their understanding of the Bible.
Exactly, LTM.
The romanist religion is against its members reading the bible God gave us on their own, because if they did, their eyes would be opened to God;s truths, and they would leave romanism for Christianity.
The romanist ideal and agenda is mainly 'keep them ignorant, keep them blinded to the truth, and keep them dependent'...

Location hidden

#417873 Jan 23, 2013
Whaddabouit....Full of Love?????

I really thought, for a minute, you asked me for an honest and frank answer, because you were genuinely interested in the truth.

Ro 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Does this verse say Christ is God and God is Christ?

Is there something about my question you don't understand??
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#417874 Jan 23, 2013

Mainline history about the sun cult in Rome..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_kingdoms_of...

http://biblelight.net

Bible exposition..

http://www.geocities.ws/pitbeast/
truth

Perth, Australia

#417875 Jan 23, 2013
still you not explain
weed seed
seal of hand
seal of head

explain
pure and clear
hand
man hand
but white
spiritually looking perfect as geometric from computer
its so nice see that i never see before..
perfect hand

then
explain
seal of hand

Who show that to me?
How they can listen my inner voice when i pray and cry.
You need cry always that everyone see tears..you cry within yourself.
Who guarding your soul?
truth

Perth, Australia

#417876 Jan 23, 2013
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1-Corinth...
God listen always prayers.
I pray alone in my room..nobody there.
You can do too.
God know how you looks ..you can't hide nothing ..your weakness sin or goodness..nothing at all hidden front of him.
God love us some.
http://bible.cc/1_peter/5-6.htm

When everybody left you, turn upon yourself
souls of my soul
tears of my tears
He not forget his tears.
He suffer too.
Don't fill shame cry as well pray.
Clay

United States

#417877 Jan 23, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may?
Clay,I am a child of God,so I am part of His church.
I'm not going to argue with you about it.
No one taught me about the trinity,I read the scriptures and can see the trinity.
I didn't mean to get into your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Its funny, but Catholics acknowledge the work of the Holy Spirit throughout the world. Its you guys who deny His work in us...
'We're not saved; we're not properly born again; we're pagan; we worship statues and Mary; our Pope is the anti Christ; we changed the Bible; we added books; we're all going to hell...'

I think its odd that you guys get ticked when I say "you're on the outside of the Church, looking in."

Or I point out the dilemma lifelong Protestant Ministers face when shown the truth in Catholicism.
And BTW, I was relaying the testimonials I've read from former ministers who've came into the Catholic Church... the agony they dealt with concerning their careers and the congregations they've built up. The lifelong friends they lost due to their conversion. The ridicule from family. Its tough. I wouldn't want to face that decision. Many just embrace ignorance and continue on with their life.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#417878 Jan 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
Roman Catholicism
----------
The bishops, with the Pope as their head, rule the universal Church.
----------
God has entrusted revelation to the bishops.
----------
The Pope is infallible in his teaching.
----------
Scripture and Tradition together are the Word of God.
----------
Mary is the co-redeemer, for she participated with Christ in the painful act of redemption.
----------
Mary is the co-mediator, to whom we can entrust all our cares and petitions.
----------
Initial justification is by means of baptism.
----------
Adults must prepare for justification through faith and good works.
----------
Grace is merited by good works.
----------
Salvation is attained by cooperating with grace through faith, good works, and participation in the sacraments.
----------
No one can know if he will attain to eternal life.
----------
The Roman Catholic Church is necessary for salvation.
----------
Christ's body and blood exist wholly and entirely in every fragment of consecrated bread and wine in every Roman Catholic church around the world.
----------
The sacrifice of the cross is perpetuated in the Sacrifice of the Mass.
----------
Each sacrifice of the Mass appeases God's wrath against sin.
----------
The sacrificial work of redemption is continually carried out through the sacrifice of the Mass.
----------
I can't believe you really think all that stuff is true.
Clay

United States

#417879 Jan 23, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree,I know of many ministers that are faithful to God and are not ashamed to preach His word.
diddo. I've met very noble Ministers who love Christ and will get their reward someday.
I can't consider the ones who stand at the pulpit knowingly spreading slander about us, to be in that group...
I don't picture Preston doing that. But I picture Confrint doing it!

Location hidden

#417880 Jan 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mean to get into your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Its funny, but Catholics acknowledge the work of the Holy Spirit throughout the world. Its you guys who deny His work in us...
'We're not saved; we're not properly born again; we're pagan; we worship statues and Mary; our Pope is the anti Christ; we changed the Bible; we added books; we're all going to hell...'
I think its odd that you guys get ticked when I say "you're on the outside of the Church, looking in."
Or I point out the dilemma lifelong Protestant Ministers face when shown the truth in Catholicism.
And BTW, I was relaying the testimonials I've read from former ministers who've came into the Catholic Church... the agony they dealt with concerning their careers and the congregations they've built up. The lifelong friends they lost due to their conversion. The ridicule from family. Its tough. I wouldn't want to face that decision. Many just embrace ignorance and continue on with their life.
Catholics claim the church Christ built is the Roman Catholic Church.

That never happened..The RCC is a denomination (A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.)

Christ did not build any denomination...He established Christianity.

Quote:And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

History shows Emperor Constantine founded this cult some 300 years after Christ ascended into Heaven. The foundation for this cult is paganism...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Pegasus 261,690
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 7 min love_spell 221,379
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 10 min Dubai Massage 055... 119
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Dally Mama 750,806
Firma Ulus )) ULUS B0SCH Servisi (( 299 15 34 ... 21 min hangrup 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min Dave Nelson 230,024
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min AnnieJ 602,189

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE