Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,600
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417579 Jan 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No the Assumption is not infallible teaching.
There is nowhere in recorded history, except for the story in the Bible, of Mary "ascending in bodily form".
It could be true, if one had witnessed an alien abduction.
That would mean Mary was not of this Earth to begin with. Some call that type of being - extraterrestrial.
Do you have something that can validate the Assumption occurred, outside of the Bible? You know another contemporary source?
Another odd thing about this is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assumption_of_Ma...
"This doctrine was dogmatically defined by Pope Pius XII on November 1, 1950, in his Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus by exercising papal infallibility."
- 1950?
- It took 1900 years to make this infallible - by a man?
But enough of the points that make your claim false.
Let's have something from you that you can provide that shows differently.
thanks!
I'm fairly certain that you don't decide what is or isn't an infallible (or not infallible) teaching of the Catholic Church.

As you asked me earlier, you CAN make a disticntion between what you believe and what is fact, can you not?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417580 Jan 22, 2013
Jen wrote:
Oxbow...
Jesus was in the beginning with God and the Holy Spirit, they are all one, Triune God, the Holy Trinity...
Yes, when Christ was on earth, His Father was in heaven, as Christ was made man for our deliverance, He became the Lamb that was slaughtered on our behalf, and took on the sins of the entire world, past, present, future...
Then the Holy Spirit was sent here for us to be able to even have any spiritual awakening at all...the Holy Spirit is here...He wont be here for the tribulation though, so for those left it will be totally hard for them to come to know God...
the Word is infallible
Oxbow believes the Word is infallible and draws a different conclusion.

Who's right?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417581 Jan 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
240 184
Scripture clearly shows Christ and God are not one and the same......Scripture erroneously interpreted that supposedly shows God and Christ as the same, makes the Bible infallible...which it is not.
What else is there to say?????
That you're a polytheist-same thing I said before.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#417582 Jan 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
240 184
The first parallel verse to 1Ti 3:16 is: And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And is followed by: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Scripture that clearly shows Christ and God are not one and the same......Scripture erroneously interpreted that supposedly shows God and Christ as the same, makes the Bible infallible...which it is not.
Again Oxbow,that was a witness of all three being one.

They are all tied into together.
Jesus,the Holy Spirit and God the Father.

Isaiah 45:18
For thus says the LORD that created the heavens; >>>God himself that formed the earth and made it; >>he has established it,
>>> he created it not in vain,
>>>he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else

Cross references;
John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him;
and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Oxbow,I have posted enough to show they are one.

Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily

I don't know what else to tell you.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417583 Jan 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 40:28
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
John 1:3
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Colossians 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
240 184
The first parallel verse to 1Ti 3:16 is: And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And is followed by: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Scripture that clearly shows Christ and God are not one and the same......Scripture erroneously interpreted that supposedly shows God and Christ as the same, makes the Bible infallible...which it is not.

Location hidden

#417584 Jan 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 1:8-10
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
Revelation 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty
Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful,
Counsellor,
>>>>The mighty God,
>>>>The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace
240 184

Location hidden

#417585 Jan 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Nehemiah 9:6
Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee
Colossians 1:17
And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Micah 5:2
But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Colossians 1:17
And he is before >>>all things,
and by him >>>all things consist.
240 184

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#417586 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the scriptures you presented Oxbow not in his Bible?
I don't need your "fussing"-I'm not the one who says the Bible denies the Trinity. You fellow protestant is making this assertion. Tend to him.
He say's he uses the KJV,as do I.

Tend to him?

Dear Dan,
that is just what I have been doing.

Location hidden

#417587 Jan 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Jude 1:24-25
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
>>>>To the only wise God >>>our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him,
>>>My Lord and >>>my God.
Can you not see it Oxbow?
I sure can.
240 184

Location hidden

#417588 Jan 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Read this dear Oxbow;
1 Corinthians 12:3-6
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord,>>> but by the Holy Ghost.
Now there are diversities of gifts,
>>>but the same Spirit.
And there are differences of administrations,
>>>but the same Lord.
And there are diversities of operations,
>>> but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
240 184

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#417589 Jan 22, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>The Fact that we exist and yes Nature does teach us.
True in both accounts.
<quoted text>I don't like you so none of my post will ever be directed at you period.
I never asked you to like me. Sounds like you are utilizing your Self. Good for you.

Why do you reject and refuse to believe what Jesus said about it?
<quoted text>Should have made that clear the last encounter.
It's an open forum. If you expect me to not post to you, my suggestion, don't post anything that would cause me to reply.

I'm here to ensure that people like you don't mislead others with false information and conjecture.
<quoted text>You put man over God/Jesus ?
Are you asking me this?

But whether it is a statement and the question mark was an error, or if it is a question, it really is untrue all around.

I don't put man above anything.

I do put Jesus words above "Paul's" and many others, unlike you. So in essence, you aren't as much as a follower of Jesus' teachings as I am, after all, huh?.

Albuquerque, NM

#417590 Jan 22, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
lol....I knew it was risky writing that, and you would catch it.
But I won't admit it was a fumble yet.
I did catch it, and I don't agree it to be a fumble at all.

Self.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>To know oneself is not a oneness, of self with Self.
You are right, it isn't, but understanding the mechanisms of why we do things, through a true in-depth search (meditation and prayer) of our actions (works), we can learn and become better people toward others and in 'faith', hope to make positive changes in the world around us. It also allows one to begin to see the things in the world that can be appreciated, and appreciate what they do for us and us for them.

Self.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>If one is given the opportunity to know, then it is better to know, than to assume.
I agree.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>Likewise, If one is given the opportunity to assume, then it is better to assume, than to know(because one may know incorrectly.)
I disagree. A person can have the best results when understanding all the negative aspects as well. If they refuse to acknowledge and seek out the correct information, then they really can't assume anything, because they don't know if it is true or not.

Saying something is true without accurate details or information to validate it factually is, is a ruse not only to yourself, but also to others. "One should not stop seeking.(Jesus)"
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
What one is given, can be taken away.
In what regard?

Lots of things are given and taken away, that have no relevance on salvation. You are thinking of only things in the material world.

Material issues and things have no bearing in a spiritual realm, if and when salvation occurs. According to Jesus, we feel no pain, harm, or other "demons" that we are apportioned to in this world.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.(Job)
Only to those who think they "know" the inner workings of "God", which I may add, was given to you by men ("Job").

Self.

Location hidden

#417591 Jan 22, 2013
<quoted text>Ox i still believe if Nature teaches us. That when Mary concieved it would have been as a Woman who is carrying an embryo and the egg split and becomes identical twins leaving one God the Father and God the Son who took on the flesh and became sin thoough he never did sin inorder that manking may be saved.
Therefore yes you are correct in that they are Two yet still as one.
In My Opinion that is the only example I can come up with.
They both carry the same SPIRIT of Truth and why Jesus is correct in saying he is the beginning and the end the alpha and omega.
240 184

Mary had no twins....she had a child...Jesus Christ, whom, as teaches the Catholics, is the incarnate Son of God...not God.

Catholic Encyclopedia: Jesus Christ - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race....

Holy Trinity - God Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Show me the Holy Trinity with Christ being God and God being Christ.........
Clay

United States

#417592 Jan 22, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>after going through countless websites you get a lot of different answers,constantine was christian (not catholic),and he influenced the catholic church to include pagan traditions within it's church to help keep peace in his kingdom,that is one explanation of many,and it's the most believable since the church adopted pagan symbols and dates,and as far as a key goes,what keys? it's mythical keys,have you seen it? has any pope seen them? peter had them,he is buried in rome (supposedly)the key should be there,it is an actual key or just a eufinism? as expected,all catholic sites deny any involvement by constantine,which i don't believe,the truth lies with in the archives of the church and they will not allow anyone to see them,plus the books that were burned by constantine and his collegues he put together.and most important no one has established a god does truly exist,it's all theory still at this point.
I heard Constantine this Constantine that all my life from neighbors and certain relatives.
Bottom line: Catholicism was the same before him and after. He did not alter Catholic teachings because he had no authority to do so.
You guys see certain Pagan dates being the same as Catholic dates...like Christmas, and you automatically assume the Church combined them to have a dual observance or something. Baloney.
The Church stamped out those wicked Pagan celebrations with Christianity. It was a victory for Christ.
Someone said that Constantine established Sunday and changed the Sabbath. Baloney. The Church always observed Sunday.
And I don't know what 'Pagan symbols' you mean.
The wedding ring? Do You know the wedding ring on your finger came from Paganism?

Albuquerque, NM

#417593 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fairly certain that you don't decide what is or isn't an infallible (or not infallible) teaching of the Catholic Church.
That is because I don't believe men are infallible, thus the CC is a fraud - in more than just this instance.

BTW - your belief dictates you to believe the "infallible" - Pope and all his "writings".

This is where you err.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>As you asked me earlier, you CAN make a disticntion between what you believe and what is fact, can you not?
Of course I can.

Belief is something perceived as true, without evidence to support it as fact.

Fact is something that may have started as belief, but as information is found (concerning the belief), belief is no longer extant, and facts take over.
- i.e. It is a fact we have to have water in our body. It is belief that "God" will give us water for our bodies if none is available or present.

Got another "infallible teaching"? Let's put this to bed once and for all.

So far we have discussed one infallible teaching, in which I've shown that it has holes in it's promotion.

Albuquerque, NM

#417594 Jan 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't know what else to tell you.
Please stop. You are making a fool of yourself.

Albuquerque, NM

#417595 Jan 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
He say's he uses the KJV,as do I.
Your first crucial mistake.

The second one is you don't know the history of the KJV, yet place it above others.

Your third mistake - you don't believe what Jesus taught.

Do I need to go on?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417596 Jan 22, 2013
<quoted text>Ox i still believe if Nature teaches us. That when Mary concieved it would have been as a Woman who is carrying an embryo and the egg split and becomes identical twins leaving one God the Father and God the Son who took on the flesh and became sin thoough he never did sin inorder that manking may be saved.
Therefore yes you are correct in that they are Two yet still as one.
In My Opinion that is the only example I can come up with.
They both carry the same SPIRIT of Truth and why Jesus is correct in saying he is the beginning and the end the alpha and omega.
Excuse me !!!!! Now that is new never heard that one before 7th.
preston

Waverly, OH

#417597 Jan 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me !!!!! Now that is new never heard that one before 7th.
a woman provides an egg in the birth of a child. the Man provides the seed.

since this was a woman who was a virgin, and no man was involved, then it must be inferred that God produced the sperm(seed), and we know this wasnt done.

the ONLY way this could be done was as I have said numerous times was that God placed an embryo in her womb. since the zygote takes on the DNA of both man and woman,but sometimes there are two eggs released and then twins are born.

but in this instance, only one egg would be involved, but in my opinion this never occurred. I believe an embryo was placed in her womb by God and this developed into the Christ Child
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#417598 Jan 22, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>every step you take is a false step.Dan.lol. I was 12 miles from the church when God spoke to me and told me to "come".
it is a shame that all you are doing is mocking the Work of the Holy Spirit.AND YOU DONT EVEN REALIZE IT.
He's not doing that at all. Just because someone had an emotional experience doesn't mean it's the work of the Holy Spirit. There are many folks here who you think are following satanic doctrines and who claim to base their beliefs divine inspiration.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min La Bopper 753,380
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min BenAdam 602,726
Ebola and Bacterial Menengitis - FEMA Camps wai... 10 min yon 7
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min Toby 96,392
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 21 min ChromiuMan 5,563
Eat a variety of veggies for a healthier you 32 min mohcinovic 1
Eat a wide variety of foods for a healthy diet 35 min mohcinovic 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 37 min Catcher1 174,521
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 37 min Dr_Zorderz 262,040

Top Stories People Search