Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703469 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Catholic Pedos

Toronto, Canada

#417801 Jan 23, 2013
I think they enjoy the alter boys the most.
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417803 Jan 23, 2013
i see my friend Sime
we did not know that he past away..
oh my friend Sime is been ortodox
he not pray
i know that

ej sime
who lift me up see my friend Sime
he is some
he have long hair as well bear
is that Sime you
oh i did not be scare
did i
noo why should be after all
how you become scare
why i don't see any reason
if god lift me up see
then how i become scare
from whom
its not make my heart scare not at all
then
how god make you scare

people is wrong
lips believers say
you need be scare from god
nooooooo
god not make you scare not at all
then you not love god

Since: Nov 08

usa

#417804 Jan 23, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
What makes you think these words (or any other like them) were God's words? You don't even know the true authors. That's one reason I'm so skeptical.
good point sherlayne,nothing can be varified as to who wrote what,some say moses wrote the first 5 books others say the first seven,which is it? how do we know jesus was not the writer? just because his name is not used doesn't mean he did not write any of the stories,like the first book,no one was on earth till adam,so who wrote the entire first book and how accurate is it?

usa

#417805 Jan 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yuk, I like my beans in the oven with sausages and melt old cheese on top with a side order of sauerkraut, home made bread rolls.
beans,sauerkraut,sausages?? get the tums and keep the window open after that combination rotflmao.

usa

#417806 Jan 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The early Church fathers were killed by the Roman Empire Jethro.
you think the Church fathers thought they would always be protected by them?
can you show me proof of that? real honest proof,not some catholic website made up story??
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417807 Jan 23, 2013
Why you think you are holy and holiest saints with your diploma?

pihhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Don't make me cry!

I am still alive.

Did you died?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#417808 Jan 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
You all are outside of the Church anyway. So it really doesn't matter what you think of sacred scripture.

New Age writes:

The arrogance of Catholicism.

Please define the so-called "Church".

usa

#417809 Jan 23, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Beans and cornbread are a staple down here.
Like most down here,I was raised on them.
Of course,fried taters is also a must.
I remember putting ketchup in my beans when I was a youngin.
Also,chow chow is good with them.
where is down here?love cornbread myself,not good though for sauce slopping,best cornbread i ever had was when i was out in indianapolis, went to a park where an old fashion mill still operated, bought some and it was the best,bought two 5lb bags of cornmeal and brought it home with me...what is chow chow???

Albuquerque, NM

#417810 Jan 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't change what is written in the word of God's Holy Scripture.
Sorry to disappoint you - it was - many times.

http://www.amazon.com/Misquoting-Jesus-Story-...

http://www.1001errors.com/

Why do you think otherwise?

Oh right, because men told you it was infallible.

They lied to you. Now look where you are.....
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#417811 Jan 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Clay wrote:
You all are outside of the Church anyway. So it really doesn't matter what you think of sacred scripture.
New Age writes:
The arrogance of Catholicism.
Please define the so-called "Church".
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03744a.htm
Clay

Garden City, MI

#417812 Jan 23, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>can you show me proof of that? real honest proof,not some catholic website made up story??
I don't have video of Ignatius being led to the Lions by the Roman Emperor or Clement being thrown into the ocean tied to an anchor...

What proof do you want?

Albuquerque, NM

#417813 Jan 23, 2013
Thanks for responding, Pad - I hope I've added some clarity.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Although you bring out a good point here,the fact remains that by faith we believe along with seeing the proof of changed lives in the process.
So you hide honesty behind faith?
It should be the other way around.
One will never understand anything Jesus stated, if they don't put honesty first.
Because, once the honesty is revealed, an individual will then realize that faith is secondary.
These traits go hand-in-hand.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>We know by reason of witness as to what directly comes from the Spirit Himself in regards to our lives.When I was pretty much enslaved by my desires,I found the answer in seeking God's way out of my own prison.
"We know by reason of witness as to what directly comes from the Spirit Himself in regards to our lives."
Really? and by all means you will have some sort of evidence to support this claim of "reason" by these witnesses.
Whom are these witnesses? Unknown authors from 2000 years ago? Unknown authors that don't have their original "autographs" [copies] available?
- so you instead use a book that was created 1600 years later to appease your mind.
I don't believe you know anythign about "God", except what other men have devised.
How honest are you "Pad"?
IMO - with you claiming you know something about "God" is bullshite and just shows how much you put honesty aside for faith.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I became distraught over the fact that I could not change,even though I tried to.But with the Lord's help and reading the Word,over a course of time,change came,and God only knows what could have been had I not changed for the better.
You didn't try very hard, or you never reached "rock-bottom", huh?
Because it seems the latter is a sure way to have someone convert to a false doctrine.
As for you trying to change, sounds like you managed to do so, if you speak of it now as current.
You speak of the Self and its actions.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>As for praying to those beyond the grave and so on.I personally believe that the change from the corruptible to the incorruptible has not happened as far as who enters the Kingdom of God.ONLY Christ is in His resurrected Body sitting at the right hand of His Father in heaven.
Believing is fun. Especially when you get to choose what you do believe.
Again you speak of free will and Self. Why do you reject Jesus when he stated, "to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God"?
Tell me, Pad....in this post above, how much of this was dictated to you by "God"?
You seem to think "He" is in control of you. I doubt this very much.
In fact, I still think your Self is in control.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Nevertheless,most Christians believe that our spirits go directly to be with the Lord after we die,although our body with the soul remains asleep in the grave.Our spirit is the first to leave the person,and enters the realm of glory with God and His Angels,along with the myriad of others who have gone on before no doubt.
Good speculation. I'd like to believe when I die, that I will stand tall and know I had a wonderful life that didn't include hurting others, yet at the same time - help others.
Be honest, we don't know what will happen.
C'mon - how honest can you be with your Self?

Continued....

Albuquerque, NM

#417814 Jan 23, 2013
<ontinued to Pad>
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The communicating with the saints as the RCC and also the Orthodox believe,does not bother me personally,as I realize that as spirits they are with the Lord and can communicate their requests to HIM.As far as knowing that God has made them saints,that was estableished in the Scriptures.
"I realize that as spirits they are with the Lord and can communicate their requests to HIM."
- again you speak as if you "know", but in truth, you don't have a clue.
Why do you try and mislead others with false information and personal beliefs?
You are starting to sound like the Catholics - and their wild-eyed stories of supposed enlightenment.
Got anything to back up what you say? Maybe you can borrow somethign from the Catholics to help you!?!
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that saints are canonized by the RCC does not make the individual who is with the Lord any less or more a saint in that realm with the LORD.
I can understand this, as this leads to one could speculate, that "we are all gods", as your Bible states.
Psalm 82:6
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#417815 Jan 23, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>beans,sauerkraut,sausa ges?? get the tums and keep the window open after that combination rotflmao.
LOL,your not kidding.
But it is good not something I would eat now at my age, tummy doesn't digest food like it use to.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#417816 Jan 23, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
What are we judged by if not the Word of God?
Which god?

Albuquerque, NM

#417817 Jan 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:

Do you believe someone can become a saint even if they were involved in covering up molestation charges?
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>well a criminal is pope so why not a saint.
Exactly.

One that is the head of an organization, normally would resign under these types of circumstances (i.e. Penn State), but since the Pope is involved witht he cover-up, and all his subordinates are as well, what do they have to lose?

Nothing short of the RCC collapsing in on itself because of it.

Albuquerque, NM

#417818 Jan 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you realize how difficult it is to keep track of all the different non-catholic Christian groups.
Even more so, its impossible to keep track of the doctrinal mess.
Just look at this board in the last 24 hrs and see how chaotic protestantism is.
"Everyone is right!" @2009 JustWow

Albuquerque, NM

#417819 Jan 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Joining the RCC does not make you anymore better a believer than watching Martial Arts on TV makes you a practitioner of Martial Combative Arts."
Being able to partake of the Bread of Life and the Cup of Salvation is reason enough for most converts.
partaking in a ritual is not "reason enough".

Why do you do rituals?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#417820 Jan 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Do you believe someone can become a saint even if they were involved in covering up molestation charges?
<quoted text>
Exactly.
One that is the head of an organization, normally would resign under these types of circumstances (i.e. Penn State), but since the Pope is involved witht he cover-up, and all his subordinates are as well, what do they have to lose?
Nothing short of the RCC collapsing in on itself because of it.
"but since the Pope is involved witht he cover-up, and all his subordinates are as well"

Total fabrication without merit.

Albuquerque, NM

#417821 Jan 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
Funny - you give me a biography from a Catholic website.

Of course you would. You enjoy being biased.

Sounds to me everyone who believes in Jesus is part of this "Church".

Yep - not one person can claim exclusiveness.

IMO, except for so-called "Catholics". Why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min Cat 86,838
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 26 min Big Al 223,069
When you talk in the mind you are now able to h... 2 hr Infinite Force 1
We have off world aliens/Grey's that look like ... 2 hr Infinite Force 11
the end and destruction of christianity 3 hr Infinite Force 3
Pray 4 Sleeping Libtard 2 Wake UP! 9 hr True 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 hr Redeemed Jersey P... 996,391