Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653900 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#417754 Jan 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
The first parallel verse listed for Ti 3:16 is: Mt 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: Followed by:And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Plain as day...from Scripture.. God is God and Christ is His Son......God said so!!!!!! I believe Him!!!!!
Please explain this verse;

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy

>>>great is the (((mystery)))) of godliness<<<<:

>>>God<<< was manifest >>in the flesh<<<,
justified >>>>in the Spirit<<<<,

seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world,

>>>>received up into glory.

GOD,FLESH and SPIRIT.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#417755 Jan 23, 2013
Dan wrote:
Citation, please.
As I said, individuals are granted diplomatic immunity.
BTW, the Pope HAS diplomatic immunity. He's a foreign head of state. Just like the article says.
Diplomatic immunity is a form of legal immunity and a policy held between governments that ensures that diplomats are given safe passage in all countries. the pope does not qualify,he was given immunity by a vote in the united nations,and they should revoke it so he can be brought back here and stand trial.
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417756 Jan 23, 2013
your ministers is not god
remember that
they did not created nothing at all

Christ words is perfect.

Did you know what Masters prepare?

all angels as demons will fall is ministers is bigger then them all
noooooooooooooooo
then

Location hidden

#417757 Jan 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You all are outside of the Church anyway. So it really doesn't matter what you think of sacred scripture.
Under the false banner of Scripture alone, you're all right. In fact, you can't argue with Catholicism either.
I am curious Ox...how would you define your religion? I don't know of any Protestant denominations that do not believe in the Trinity.
If I may?

Clay,I am a child of God,so I am part of His church.

I'm not going to argue with you about it.

No one taught me about the trinity,I read the scriptures and can see the trinity.
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417758 Jan 23, 2013
we are not interesting about immunity
its nothing at all

Jesus Christ words is perfect.

Did they put Jesus on Cross?
Yes they are.
Is that your immunity which help not happening?
no

usa

#417759 Jan 23, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe someone can become a saint even if they were involved in covering up molestation charges?
well a criminal is pope so why not a saint.

Location hidden

#417760 Jan 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
650 573
<quoted text>
What do you think? I will give you three guesses..
Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
You wrote:
for it is written,
Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God,

>>>and him only<<< shalt thou serve.

Oxbow,can you answer this for me?

Why did the Wisemen worship Jesus when they seen Him?

10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.

11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and >>>>>worshipped him:
and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417761 Jan 23, 2013
if you have sin as send in sea
but pray my prayers
CROSS
you will be saved
he will pool his hand direct in hell
take you out from there..

CROSS
believe in power of Christ
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#417762 Jan 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
```
Thank you for your thoughfulness...
Kay Marie has been in the hospital (in the heart center) for over a week now.
I have been driving 78 miles a day (up and back )to be with her.
Something fell on her foot and broke two toes on Christmas Eve...Infection set in immediately.
Being on blood thinner
(because of the two mechanical valves in her heart) and
poor circulation to her foot (which the doctor attempted to open up the arteries in her leg) it has created a difficult situation .
She has received several units of blood...because of internal bleeding.
She certainly needs the prayers of those that care and believe in God's healing power.
Confrinting, I am sorry to hear about KM, please give her my love.
I will be praying for her and you. God Bless you both

usa

#417763 Jan 23, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I already said that the Church doesn't create saints, rather recognizes them.
How many times do I have to post it, LTM?
if the pope is the vicar of christ like they believe,why can't the church create saints? because maybe it's a falsehood?

Location hidden

#417764 Jan 23, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
FOL, I just wanted to let you know I have been praying for you and your brother. How is he doing?
Oh,Thank you Truth.
And please keep praying.

He is now in Phili at the cancer center of Amrica.

They did a scan on him there and the cancer is not in his liver.

It is in his pancreas and lymphnodes.

They had to wait to get his sugar down first.

The cancer in his pancreas caused his sugar to go really high.

Thank you for your concern.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#417765 Jan 23, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>who you were talking to doesnt matter, the FACT was that you insulted "career ministers" in which I happen to be.
SO I SHOWED YOU TO LOOK AT YOUR OWN DOGHOUSE BEFORE YOU START BARKING ON OTHERS.
and as far as catholics going to hell, you choose that path, not me for you. Jesus said "except ye repent, ye shall ALL perish". with that repentance, comes a Born Again Experience, and that doesnt mean eating a piece of grain every week.
and just to let you know, there is more ammo that can be used against your church than you could ever find against mine. so remember that the next time you wish to speak out against "career ministers" that are Protestants. I am not a Baptist so any dirt that you find on them is their problem, and even that dirt doesnt mean that all Baptists are guilty of any sexual crime of rapine against little boys.
and how YOU or any other person could stay in a church like that is beyond me and God.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.STAY THERE AND SEE ,WHEN YOU PASS OVER, IF HE RECEIVES YOU.
well I didn't mean to insult you.

Again, you just reiterated that I'm going to hell though.
Or... I chose my own path to hell. Same thing.

I'm not meeting the criteria that the 'born agains' teach according to their interpretations of sacred Scripture. I'm not properly saved.

Lets compare are jabs:

I pointed out the struggle Evangelical Ministers have in seeing Catholicism because they'd need to basically, give up their lifestyle. They would face ridicule from family and friends if they joined the Catholic Church. Its career suicide! I feel for anyone standing at that crossroad. I read testimonials from some that crossed over. A good book is "Rome Sweet Home" by Dr. Hahn - a former anti catholic Evangelical Minister.
But Preston, if you truly think you have the scriptural knowledge and can teach infallibly on it, then have at it. I can't see God condemning you for preaching what you believe to be the absolute truth. I'm not trying to get in the way of your conscience.

Your Jab:

I'm not saved. I'm going to hell and I chose this path...
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417766 Jan 23, 2013
then what you see
i see man who took me for my hand
i trust in you Jesus
then
bring me here in this city where nothing exist
i walk i call everyone
no no no nobody weak up nobody talk
dead body everywhere
whats happen with this people i say
first i been so frozen
i can't speak
then after second time i see i can move i can talk but whom
nobody alive

then
now which minister will save us
whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo
shut up
you evil people..i am sick of you all
you not listening

then go
where you put your fuck off monument
is that shame
not from meeeeeeee
i don't give any dollar for that monument not at all..
calculated all symbols
then
call me sick as well mental
or kill me
i am not care any more

i just care
for my prayers
i will cry and pray on my way
i know Jesus you will come
they calculated with symbol of them
i will pray and fill with my soul too..

usa

#417767 Jan 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard Constantine this Constantine that all my life from neighbors and certain relatives.
Bottom line: Catholicism was the same before him and after. He did not alter Catholic teachings because he had no authority to do so.
You guys see certain Pagan dates being the same as Catholic dates...like Christmas, and you automatically assume the Church combined them to have a dual observance or something. Baloney.
The Church stamped out those wicked Pagan celebrations with Christianity. It was a victory for Christ.
Someone said that Constantine established Sunday and changed the Sabbath. Baloney. The Church always observed Sunday.
And I don't know what 'Pagan symbols' you mean.
The wedding ring? Do You know the wedding ring on your finger came from Paganism?
all catholic dates match those of paganism,and one of their biggest gods the sun,is worshipped on the 25th and jesus just happened to be born on the very same day? joke right?not the wedding ring but the cross is also from the pagan religion.the church stamped out pagan celebrations and took the same dates for their own purpose.everything about the church is a lie,why else would they change their beliefs so much?

Location hidden

#417768 Jan 23, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>yes i know,it has been pointed out to me allready,i prefer a nice bread,something that holds together more when wet over corn bread with my bean soup,beans are like eggs,you can do so many different things with them,their good for you, and you can have them 7 days a week and use seven different recipes.unfortunately i don't get to enjoy them as much because g/f is not a big fan of beans,except with hotdogs.and she puts ketchup in her beans "yuck".
Beans and cornbread are a staple down here.

Like most down here,I was raised on them.

Of course,fried taters is also a must.

I remember putting ketchup in my beans when I was a youngin.

Also,chow chow is good with them.
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417769 Jan 23, 2013
life going stop on this planet

who will be save
pray that you can died before happen

sweet dream
sweet soul
who will save you all

we know one day all of us will go as body into direct death..but soul..did you see where all soul stay frozen?
Did any planet exist with frozen soul?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#417770 Jan 23, 2013
"Why the Catholic Church is the Only True Christian Church"!

It is becoming less and less popular these days to consider the term 'Christian' to mean Catholics, or even the numerous Protestant denominations. When someone says that he or she is 'Christian,' they are generally referring to Fundamentalism. Fundamentalism, however, is based primarily on the teachings of Paul, rather than Jesus; and those who adhere to it merely "pick and choose" specific lines and passages which will uphold their erroneous beliefs, leaving out or misinterpreting anything which is not convenient to their stand.

Fundamentalists routinely dismiss the Catholic Church in such contemptuous terms as "the whore of Babylon," and attempt to grant it unsavory status by likening it to an equally-contemptuous term, "Judaizers." To briefly note the correlations between the two, Fundamentalists have great negativity toward such aspects as Priests, Altars, Holy Water, Dietary Regulations, the bread/wafers, and keeping the Ten Commandments. In other words, the Catholic Church following the same precepts as the Jewish religion which Jesus lived, is something which Fundamentalists point at as "wrong." Teaching that Jesus, and belief in Jesus, represents the irrelevance of the Old Testament, Fundamentalists dismiss one of the most important precepts which Catholics adhere to:
Matthew 5:17-19 says "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place. Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever obeys and teaches these commandments will be called greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

The subject of what constitutes "salvation" is one of the most significant dividers. As Fundamentalists fully believe that once one has "accepted Christ as one's personal savior" that one individual act constitutes being "saved," they are dismissing everything that is clearly written in black and white, clearly stating that that is not so. With that belief, Fundamentalists take extreme exception to much of what the Catholic Church is based upon-- they do not believe in the sacraments, even the Eucharist and confession are scorned. Nothing past the act of being "saved" is considered relevant.

As is written in Matthew 7:21: "Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord," shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." This is only one passage which is given to mean that one's actions are indeed relevant. What is the will of God? One can begin that answer with the Commandments. One can continue answering by recalling the words of Jesus in his Sermon on the Mount:

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

In those words alone one cannot deny the importance of how one lives one's life. Those who have given themselves to the Catholic Church, either as its leaders or followers, know this. And one need look no further than the eighth Beatitude to understand. The question you can ask yourself is are you a Fundamentalist, or are you a true Christian?

Location hidden

#417771 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>
```
Something fell on her foot and broke two toes on Christmas Eve...Infection set in immediately.
Being on blood thinner
poor circulation to her foot (which the doctor attempted to open up the arteries in her leg) it has created a difficult situation .
She certainly needs the prayers of those that care and believe in God's healing power.
My thought's and prayers are with her GIF.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#417772 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>
```
Being on blood thinner
Please tell her that she is in my thoughts and prayers.
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417773 Jan 23, 2013
big frozen planet
when new sun come
all of you will be alive
i start talk
ejjjjjjjj youuuuuuuuuuuu
what you doing
i waithing and i know all of them come here
where
in this frozen state
pardon planet
yessssssssssss
how you know man
i know all of you
will come here
many many many place
is that your home
where you have many room
yepppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ppp
which clor
blue
are you for sure is that planet i see its looks as around but not river
as well not any sun as i can see that time
i remember i walk there
where
on that place where you put frozen soul
Are you for sure its blue?
yes i am i see that i speak one man he guarding there he help put you all there..
where?
its as big blue ball as planet

Is that your house with many rooms?
Did i speak with proper man?
who

its frozen..its bring me see
that place
Are you joking?
no

I am still alive?

When new Sun come all soul will be alive!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 min andet1987 2,575
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 4 min Johnny 794
"The Crew" (Jan '08) 5 min Voyeur 7,927
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 15 min Insults Are Easier 63,721
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min crucifiedguy 281,853
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 45 min razz58 3,801
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 47 min LAWEST100 618,736
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Lbj 106,493
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 973,749
More from around the web