Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590799 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#417474 Jan 22, 2013
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
If there were acknowledged by the RCC a list of "Infallible teachings" -- past and present -- it would be easy for humans to look at and realize how often those teachings have been changed or eliminated over the years.
Absurd claim +
zero specifics +
no evidence beyond faith =
Absurd claim BUSTED
Sorry-I missed this-

I was busy busting someone's absurd claim about the vision at Fatima being for the appeasement of Mussolini.

I sent a list in another post.

United States

#417475 Jan 22, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>"goofballs"?
-
-
<quoted text>
"Actual history"?
-
-
<quoted text>
"medieval wars"?
-
-
<quoted text>
"The FIRST was launched ..."
-
This concept of *first* means a lot to you, doesn't it, Clay?
-
"...Muslims conquered Jerusalem and slaughtered thousands of Catholics."
-
But YOU seem to forget that Catholics were there *first*- in the Holy Land - murdering and fomenting war throughout the region! So, just who was *first*? Does Constantine ring a bell?
-
-
<quoted text>
They were tired of the Catholic Church *first* murdering their people so they fought back.
-
-
<quoted text>
-
"This was the final straw for the Church..."
-
The final straw for the native people of the region - 300 years AFTER Constantine *first* waged war in God's Name - came in the form of Muhammad who created Islam to fight back against the Catholics who had been shedding innocent blood there *first*- for 300 years.
-
I've posted these links before, but you ignore them; look at the birth dates of these two individuals to see who was born *first*:
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_the_ ...
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad
-
-
<quoted text>
No. There is no comparison! The Catholics have been at it 1500 years longer since they were there *first*.
-
-
<quoted text>
They fought back against the Catholics who *first* did the slaughtering! It's instinct to fight back against murderers; it is the *first* thing normal victims do.
-
-
<quoted text>
They fought back against the religion that had *first* been killing and murdering in God's Holy Name.
-
-
<quoted text>
Maybe the priests went missing because they had *first* molested altar boys?
-
-
Clay wrote:
Ok, I didn't ignore your links this time. I read them and I didn't
see anything that backs up your baseless opinion that Muslims were retaliating against Catholic violence, before the Crusades.
I didn't see anything about Constantine waging war on behalf of Catholicism either. Did he go to war? Yup. for religion or politics? Politics.
Against Muslims? No.
You're nuts Guest.
-
actually it WAS a WAR for BOTH RELIGION AND POLITICS! Go ahead and deny it if you need to.
-
Clay: "I didn't see anything that backs up your baseless opinion that Muslims were retaliating against Catholic violence..."
-
you didn't see anything because you don't WANT to see it.
-
So, here is ANOTHER link - Constantine was made a *saint* by the Catholic Church.
-
http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php...
-
that is par for the RCC. The church's history is rife with war and murder and torture and pedophilia.
...... and the perps are given Sainthood.
-
Will they grant Pope Benedict sainthood?:
-
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/pope-be...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#417476 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything they teach doesn't get promulgated under the doctrine of papal infallilibity.
Papal infallilibity has been invoked rarely.
Do you know what infallibility means in case of "papal infallibility"?
The twists and turns of Catholicism.

A. The Pope is human - thus fallible.
B. The Church - which has never been defined - is the holder of infallible teachings, yet the so-called "Church" is only made up men and women.
- this is a conundrum, especially when the Catholics say the so-called "Church" makes the decisions of faith, but in fact they don't, and only a handful of men do.

Can you provide an infallible teaching?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#417477 Jan 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is the witness that they all are one Oxbow.
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Oxbow,are you denying Christ is Lord?
The Rock in the Old Testament was also the Rock in the New Testament.
1 Corinthians 10:4
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
Psalm 18:31
For who is God except the LORD? or who is a rock except our God?
Colossians 1:19

19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417478 Jan 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, you have been shown proof of just the opposite of what you just posted from bibcal scriptures God's true Holy Word.
God declare no human leader over His church .
That is not bibical, we are lead by the Holy Spirit, Jesus Himself said He would never leave nor forsaken us.
The problem is not mine it is yours Anthony, don't try and make it mine.
If your Bishop is not born from above through the power of the Holy Spirit, he is not of God and can not know the things of God.
Which makes him spiritual dead.
Is John Paul II in hell I don't know, that is none of my business that is between him and God.
I hope not, I don't wish hell on anyone Dan, but neither has your Pope have the right to say who goes to hell or heaven, and not amount of money can buy a person into heaven.
Matthew 16:19 is where Christ confers primacy to Peter.

Now that that's out of the way-

All Catholics have received Christ in the sacraments, thus they have received His saving grace. This solves your problem with the Bishops, I trust.

RE: the late Pope's status, you agree with chuck-that you are sainted by virtue of your profession of belief in Christ. The late Pope certainly professed this belief, nor did he make declarations as to who is and is not in Heaven (as you do here, declaring people you have no knowledge of as "spiritually dead").

You can't work both sides of the street, LTM.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#417479 Jan 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is the witness that they all are one Oxbow.
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
The Rock in the Old Testament was also the Rock in the New Testament.
1 Corinthians 10:4
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
Psalm 18:31
For who is God except the LORD? or who is a rock except our God?
The Lordship of Jesus Christ is built on this foundational truth: Jesus is God in which Christians BELIEVE.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417480 Jan 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Oxbow,
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost:
>>>>>and these three are one.<<<<<
If what you say is true,then you are saying that the Holy Bible is contradicting it's self.
So many verses say that they are one.
God was manifest in the flesh.
This,speaking of Jesus say's;
Philippians 2:6
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Sounds to me like he's declaring more than one deity. He doesn't disavow Christ, but insists that He is separate from God the Father. If both are divine beings, Oxbow is a polytheist.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#417481 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you do the same about the alter call?
oh Danny the hypocricy.....
No.

I never said LTM was not telling me the truth.
Ahmet

Turkey

#417482 Jan 22, 2013
Test

Albuquerque, NM

#417483 Jan 22, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
Prove that Fatima is not an RCC "infallible" (not "official") teaching.
Please provide a list of the RCC's amazing "unchangeable infallible teachings" to show us that Fatima is not on there.

Dan wrote:
"Prove my outlandish statement false", right?
Here.
The Catechism.
Any more questions?
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX ....

New Age wrote:
Diversion.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
How did I divert?
He asked about the teachings of the Catholic Church.
I supplied the teachings of the Catholic Church.
I'll do his work for him (again).
RE: Fatima-
Private revelations do not form part of the deposit of faith of the Catholic Church, and its members are not bound to believe in any of them. Assent is normally expected (not required, only expected as again, they are not part of the deposit of faith) if the apparition is adjudged to be worthy of belief (which it was in theis case in 1930).
So, no, not part of infallible teachings on faith and morals.
You diverted by the following:

a. you supplied some other statement FM made when his post clearly shows soemthing different.

b. Instead of answering him directly with concise info or even a non-biased link that supports, you posted the man-made Catechism.

FM asked you to prove:
- that Fatima is not an RCC "infallible" (not "official") teaching.
- and to provide a list of the RCC's amazing "unchangeable infallible teachings" to show us that Fatima is not on there.

....you decided to post a link to the Catechism - which is not of "God" - per your standards of who is inspired and who is not. The Catechism is irrelevant.

c. And now your post to me, with trying to explain Fatima is not infallible, yet you still consider it a special moment, why?
- If Mary is infallible, then Fatima must surely be at that level also.....OR.....Fatima is a fallacy, and the Vatican perpetuates this fallacy.

You diverted.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#417484 Jan 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Oxbow,
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost:
>>>>>and these three are one.<<<<<
If what you say is true,then you are saying that the Holy Bible is contradicting it's self.
So many verses say that they are one.
God was manifest in the flesh.
This,speaking of Jesus say's;
Philippians 2:6
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Amen!

Hebrews 1:1-3

1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways,

2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

3 [[[[[The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.]]]]] After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#417485 Jan 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, you have been shown proof of just the opposite of what you just posted from bibcal scriptures God's true Holy Word.
God declare no human leader over His church .
That is not bibical, we are lead by the Holy Spirit, Jesus Himself said He would never leave nor forsaken us.
The problem is not mine it is yours Anthony, don't try and make it mine.
If your Bishop is not born from above through the power of the Holy Spirit, he is not of God and can not know the things of God.
Which makes him spiritual dead.
Is John Paul II in hell I don't know, that is none of my business that is between him and God.
I hope not, I don't wish hell on anyone Dan, but neither has your Pope have the right to say who goes to hell or heaven, and not amount of money can buy a person into heaven.
Clay wrote the post, not me.

Jesus did appoint an earthly representative to guide His Church. It's in the bible.

Jesus did establish baptism as a means of obtaining the saving grace necessary for salvation. It's in the bible.

LTM, a perfect example of why we can't trust just anyone's claim that they are guided by the Holy Spirit is Oxbow. He says he's born again from above, says Jesus is not God and uses the same bible you do to back it up.

Yes, we DO need an infallible earthly interpreter, otherwise there'd be millions of infallible interpreters running around. Oh wait.....

Albuquerque, NM

#417486 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope John Paul needs one more miracle to be a saint....ugh...recognized.. sorry.
....sort of hard to do, if one is dead.

I know - maybe he can come back from the dead in Spirit form and show everyone that "he lives".

I guess one will have to be at that place when that occurs, for one to believe it actually happens.

...one more miracle.....what hogwash.

Albuquerque, NM

#417487 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Once more miracle to affirm that the individual has the The beatific vision:
(Latin: visio beatifica)– in Christian theology is the ultimate direct self communication of God to the individual person, when she or he reaches, as a member of redeemed humanity in the communion of saints, perfect salvation in its entirety, i.e. heaven. The notion of vision stresses the intellectual component of salvation, though it encompasses the whole of human experience of joy, happiness coming from seeing God finally face to face and not imperfectly through faith (1 Cor 13:11–12).[
Incorrect.

"Paul" is talking about the Spirit here.

Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417488 Jan 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The twists and turns of Catholicism.
A. The Pope is human - thus fallible.
B. The Church - which has never been defined - is the holder of infallible teachings, yet the so-called "Church" is only made up men and women.
- this is a conundrum, especially when the Catholics say the so-called "Church" makes the decisions of faith, but in fact they don't, and only a handful of men do.
Can you provide an infallible teaching?
Done a few minutes ago for another poster.

The Church makes the decisions via the Magisterium, etc. No, they do not take a popular vote. What's the "conundrum"? A popular vote on doctrine assures an intrinsically "better" outcome?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417489 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I never said LTM was not telling me the truth.
My apologies

you were just being sarcastic

Albuquerque, NM

#417490 Jan 22, 2013
1 Cor 13:11–12

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417491 Jan 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Free MInd wrote:
Prove that Fatima is not an RCC "infallible" (not "official") teaching.
Please provide a list of the RCC's amazing "unchangeable infallible teachings" to show us that Fatima is not on there.
Dan wrote:
"Prove my outlandish statement false", right?
Here.
The Catechism.
Any more questions?
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX ....
New Age wrote:
Diversion.
<quoted text>
You diverted by the following:
a. you supplied some other statement FM made when his post clearly shows soemthing different.
b. Instead of answering him directly with concise info or even a non-biased link that supports, you posted the man-made Catechism.
FM asked you to prove:
- that Fatima is not an RCC "infallible" (not "official") teaching.
- and to provide a list of the RCC's amazing "unchangeable infallible teachings" to show us that Fatima is not on there.
....you decided to post a link to the Catechism - which is not of "God" - per your standards of who is inspired and who is not. The Catechism is irrelevant.
c. And now your post to me, with trying to explain Fatima is not infallible, yet you still consider it a special moment, why?
- If Mary is infallible, then Fatima must surely be at that level also.....OR.....Fatima is a fallacy, and the Vatican perpetuates this fallacy.
You diverted.
Um, if someone wants to know what the Church teaches, what third-party source other than the actual Church teachings would you suggest I provide? If asking about the teachings of the Catholic Church, their actual teachings would be the standard.

Who said "infallible"? I didn't. I supplied the information requested-personal visions do not form the deposit of faith. You can believe it or not.
marge

Ames, IA

#417492 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, a belief of yours that requires you to judge what God is and is not capable of doing.
Feel free to parcel out God's omnipotence as you see fit. I cannot presume to do this.
You should and can, according to His Word.

Albuquerque, NM

#417493 Jan 22, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
confrinting
I agree. But there are at least three books in Reve 20 :12 Wouldn't it be sad for you if one of them was the CCC?
I disagree.

The number is not specific.

Please list the "at least three books" you think exist.

Please be specific.

Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min River Tam 839,958
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 27 min dollarsbill 4,632
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 40,534
What happened to the emmastubate thread about E... 1 hr bubba brown 7
Israel End is Near 1 hr MUQ2 112
Why do Women get tattoos when its so ugly! (Sep '11) 2 hr tampabayallstar 58
i am board dose anyone want to talk? 2 hr set free in truth 25
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr gundee123 100,082
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Insults Are Easier 271,403
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Serah 612,216