Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,113)

Showing posts 402,241 - 402,260 of511,671
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

`Non-belivers don't liked Cross ..they say who is better then us.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly what I have been telling them all along.
lol....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why WOULD Hinn be anything special. He is one in a million self proclaimed ministers who picked up a Bible and declared themselves an authority.
The Pope, on the other hand, is one of 265 who sat in Saint Peters chair as head of the Church Christ started.
~~~

Why would your church be any thing special? It is a self proclaimed religious system.... that with out the Bible... have declared themselves the supreme authority as lil god's upon the earth..

You have no proof whatsoever that God set any one upon a throne in Rome

to attempt to usurp the throne of David, and attempt a physical kingdom

of God upon the earth.
'
Jesus said

Joh_18:36 Jesus answered,

===> My kingdom is not of this world: <===

if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews:--> but now is my kingdom not from hence. <--

JESUS DID NOT LIE...

HIS KINGDOM IS A SPIRITUAL KINGDOM UNTIL HE RETURNS TO SET UP HIS PHYSICAL KINGDOM IN JERUSALEM.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

NOTE

Isa 9:7 --> Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. <--

THE UNGODLY KINGDOM THAT HAS BEEN SET UP IN ROME IS AN A-BOM-I-NATION.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>get off of your soap box. ben hen never says anything about people getting Saved and you know it. his shows(which are all they are)are a farce and are contemptible to REAL Christians. he needs those millions to cover his large ego, and it is a shame for someone who claims to be a minister to support this charlatan.
now jump on me all you wish, you gave your biased opinion of him because he speaks with a forked tongue, I give my unbiased opine because of that forked tongue of his.
Benny Hinn: Charging to Hear Him Preach
Posted on July 2, 2009 by Chrystal Whitt Benny Hinn maintains that while people may not like to hear him talk about money, money is necessary to do ďGodís work.Ē
Hinn recently lost $2 million on his crusades to Uganda. In the article you can read by clicking here, Hinn apparently has no qualms about charging an entrance fee to get in, which amounts to fifty American dollars. Does this show that Hinnís passion is Godís Word, or turning a profit?
He laments a loss of revenue, not need of the gospel. When God commissioned the disciples to preach, He didnít ask that they starve. The Apostle Paul even said that if you preach the gospel, you should make your living from the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:14), meaning they were given support by the church. God didnít expect them to go without food or clothing. However, Paul did not always excercise this right for fear of hindering the gospel.
What a far cry is the contrast between Benny Hinn and the Apostle Paul. Benny Hinnís motivation is to make moneyÖthe Apostle Paulís passion was the gospel and edifying the church. Benny Hinn has no problem with taking money from people to turn a profit; the Apostle Paul took nothing for the sake of the gospel. See the contrast?
It is never okay to charge an entrance fee and justify it by saying it takes money to spread the gospel. The face of greed is an ugly sight, isnít it?
http://slaughteringthesheep.wordpress.com/200...
~~~

YOU WROTE..

"ben hen never says anything about people getting Saved and you know it."

NEITHER DOES THE POPE SAY ANY THING ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING SAVED...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

why they talking about righteousness people when they judging them..justice not exist who told you it is..no no never exist that for good people they know how they set up..
justice died on Cross..
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Prove my outlandish statement false", right?
Here.
The Catechism.
Any more questions?
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX....
Thank you Dan.

What are the RCC's "infallible teachings on faith and morals."

Dan writes -- "Prove my outlandish statement false.. "

Dan, THAT is exactly my point, glad you finally picked it up.

When you make these absurd claims about "perfect" and "infallible" teachings -- why are you so surprised that someone would ask for a list so that the absurd claim can be addressed ... directly and specifically.

If anyone else claimed to possess "infallible teachings" from God, wouldn't YOU ASK THE SAME QUESTION?

When unchangeable "infallible teachings" change over the centuries, that's not good for the claim. So the solution is to say those teachings were never "infallible" in the first place.

Get the absurdity yet?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Dan.
When you make these absurd claims about "perfect" and "infallible" teachings -- why are you so surprised that someone would ask for a list so that the absurd claim can be addressed ... directly and specifically.
If anyone else claimed to possess "infallible teachings" from God, wouldn't YOU ASK THE SAME QUESTION?
When unchangeable "infallible teachings" change over the centuries, that's not good for the claim. So the solution is to say those teachings were never "infallible" in the first place.
Get the absurdity yet?
Everything they teach doesn't get promulgated under the doctrine of papal infallilibity.

Papal infallilibity has been invoked rarely.

Do you know what infallibility means in case of "papal infallibility"?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

<quoted text>
Thank you Dan.
Get the absurdity yet?
What teaching has "changed" that has you mentioning this? One example si fine, more than one is fine-just let me know.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

<quoted text>
Thank you Dan.
Get the absurdity yet?
You sure do sound like Free Mind....another poster on here....
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to be Catholic to be a Saint. You just have to be in Heaven. There are plenty of non Catholics up there.
So normal folks like you and I like these:

The Christian Post:
Two North Korean Christians have died because of their faith, a global persecution watchdog group revealed today. Opens Doors USA confirmed the deaths of the two Christians, revealing that one was shot while he was leaving for Bible training in China, and that another one died in a labor camp in North Korea.

**Now that I have told you about them, will you pray to them? Are they not the same as Peter?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
I think that I would start on cleaning my own house(doctrine and beliefs) before I started on another group of people.
If I were some people.hint, hint
"I think that I would start on cleaning my own house (doctrine and beliefs)"

- it's not what Jesus wanted, but okay.

Maybe you should begin with your own being ('house') and address your TRUE honesty ('doctrine').

This is where it begins.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

<quoted text>
Thank you Dan.
Get the absurdity yet?
RE: faith, the Nicene Creed sums it up.

RE: morals, it's in the Catechism.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Robert F wrote:
Oxbow
The Bible is not a book on logic, based on logic. And to jump from one scripture and then to another and presume you can do so, applying logic, is an intellectual pride.
The Bible has literal, figurative, and spiritual in natures with some overlapping....
No one can define God.
It is not a sin to try and understand God, rather to presume you can by logic.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said the Bible is a book on logic...nor that it is based on logic.
I never said anything about defining God..I never said one word about trying to understand God..nor did I say you could by using logic.
You are grasping at straws.
Both sides of this issues have made posts "defining God".

Now you guys deny it.

Yeah - honesty is strong with you guys. Uh-huh....sure......
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So normal folks like you and I like these:
The Christian Post:
Two North Korean Christians have died because of their faith, a global persecution watchdog group revealed today. Opens Doors USA confirmed the deaths of the two Christians, revealing that one was shot while he was leaving for Bible training in China, and that another one died in a labor camp in North Korea.
**Now that I have told you about them, will you pray to them? Are they not the same as Peter?
All the faithful in Heaven can intercede for us.

What about Peter here?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not worthy of a response..
Runaway liitle one. Runaway!

Typical.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse apples....you are crawfishing...
Diversion.

No need to fret Rabbi - the astonishment will come if you let it.

Why don't you beleive Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
would make the Bible fallible...which it is not...
yes it is.

I've shown you many instances that prove that is the case.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Free MInd wrote:
Prove that Fatima is not an RCC "infallible" (not "official") teaching.
Please provide a list of the RCC's amazing "unchangeable infallible teachings" to show us that Fatima is not on there.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Prove my outlandish statement false", right?
Here.
The Catechism.
Any more questions?
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX....
Diversion.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All the faithful in Heaven can intercede for us.
What about Peter here?
I don't believe for one second that you think praying to the two who were killed in Hong Kong for their faith is the same as praying to a catholic saint.

Ain't buying it Danny

Saints are those who put their faith in Christ. Regular people like you and I. God determines who saints are..not the vatican.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Clay: "If I'm new to Christianity, I'm going to find out which Church was there from the beginning. Then and only then, would I be in the correct group."
-
-
There was so much confusion during the early days of the church.
-
Make sure the one you are in IS NOT a CULT.
-
The catholic Church has all the marks of a cult and its leaders order torture and murder of heretics ...
-
It doesn't matter if it was *there first* as you say ... if it FIRST does NOT follow Jesus! Because if it is NOT following Jesus ... it wasn't **there** in the first place.
-
The Catholic church does NOT follow Jesus.
Um, they DO follow Jesus. Where on earth did you pull your comment from?

Please tell me this isn't your own independent thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 402,241 - 402,260 of511,671
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

621 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min pusherman_ 679,317
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min RiversideRedneck 216,331
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 5 min -USA-1 37,809
Read " SONS OF THUNDER" by Robert Epperly 8 min Tom 1
Bush Vetoes Stem Cell Bill (Jul '06) 11 min swedenforever 163
Dubai Massage Body to Body Service in Dubai 05... 12 min Dubai Massage 0553405368 4
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min wilderide 89,387
teen snapchat nudes 1 hr TheFrozenJogurt 103
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 5 hr JACK 216
•••
•••
•••