Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
402,221 - 402,240 of 532,538 Comments Last updated 17 min ago
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the day you decided to believe in God.
You don't know the day that you will attain Heaven.
"born again" literally means "born from above." a spiritual transformation. New birth, being born again, is an act of God whereby eternal life is imparted to the person who believes (2 Corinthians 5:17; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:3; 1 John 2:29; 3:9; 4:7; 5:1-4, 18). John 1:12,13 indicates that "born again" also carries the idea "to become children of God" through trust in the name of Jesus Christ.

Before that we are spiritual dead, when we are born again, we pass from death into life, in a sense we go from the devils realm and enter in to Gods heavenly realm.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, what "self-righteous" work or works do you speak of on part of the late Pope?
They are rognized for their works,....no?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You canonized yourself by declraing your faith in God. You initiated it, right?
Come on Danny...

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

**Your parents can't do this for you...thanks
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The roll of saints isn't exclusive to Popes.
There goes that, doesn't it?
yep...just those who repent and put their faith in Christ..thanks
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you recognize a saint Dan. Only God knows the heart of man.
John Paul II was sold out to Maryism.
So unless He recanted, and cofessed his sins before God, he is not in heaven.
John Paul II lead a lot of people away from God to Mary, all the prayers and Glory that belonged to God alone went to her.
The Bible clearly says God shares His Glory with no one.
Sorry Dan, I don't think that makes a person a candidate for sainthood
But, you just told me that all whom God has chosen are saints-here and in heaven.

Now, you're holding the late Pope up to a Heavenly qualification test that you wouldn't dream of applying to yourself.

How do you know he didn't confess? Why would you think he didn't?

What DO you actually believe on the subject? Pick one, please.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
They are rognized for their works,....no?
What "self-righteous" works is the Pope guilty of?

You've only made the claim one half-dozen times. Just provide one "self-righteous" act you believe he's guilty of.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
"born again" literally means "born from above." a spiritual transformation. New birth, being born again, is an act of God whereby eternal life is imparted to the person who believes (2 Corinthians 5:17; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:3; 1 John 2:29; 3:9; 4:7; 5:1-4, 18). John 1:12,13 indicates that "born again" also carries the idea "to become children of God" through trust in the name of Jesus Christ.
Before that we are spiritual dead, when we are born again, we pass from death into life, in a sense we go from the devils realm and enter in to Gods heavenly realm.
Ok.

What day will you go to Heaven?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is the witness that they all are one Oxbow.
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Oxbow,are you denying Christ is Lord?
The Rock in the Old Testament was also the Rock in the New Testament.
1 Corinthians 10:4
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
Psalm 18:31
For who is God except the LORD? or who is a rock except our God?
240 184

The first parallel verse to 1Ti 3:16 is: And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And is followed by: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Scripture that clearly shows Christ and God are not one and the same......Scripture erroneously interpreted that supposedly shows God and Christ as the same, makes the Bible infallible...which it is not.

What else is there to say?????
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Danny...
Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
**Your parents can't do this for you...thanks
Faith can do it.

Thanks

And keep on topic.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
We get it Dan
the vatican looks at people like popes and their self righteous works and recognizes them as saints.
God recognized me as a saint because of repentance and faith in Christ and it absolutely had nothing to do with what I had done on my own.
it's all clear now.
I agree with you Chuck.The fact of real sainthood was established in the Word,by the authors of the 66 books All Jews save one Luke.It is quite apparent in Scripture that a saint is one who is converted to his or her Creator,in the case of Christians we are given the title saints by the Apostles themselves.I do not believe it was ever God's plan to have a hiearchy of men who do not consider themselves saints to begin with,to canonize people saints,which alone would be God's election. The Pope and his Cardinals do not consider themselves saints,yet they canonize would[-be saints. It does not always compute does it?

But let them have their saints,it does not take away the fact that God has called us all to be saints,and in the Last Day we will know for sure than,won't we? I doubt any spirit-filled Christian who is not Roman Catholic will ever be canonized a saint,no matter what great things God wroughts through that vessel. I know of many evangelical men and women who walked with God,served Him and experienced much faith,and answers to many prayers,and even were martyred,but never would be canonized by the RCC by virtue of course that they were not RC.So only RCs become saints that is the bottom line.We haven't got a chance!But the Lord know who we are.How does anyone judge the holiness in the lives of God's people?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again...God has declared me a saint and not me.
I can play along. One is recognized for their self righteous works.
"God has declared me a saint and not me"

The thing that would separate you from an actual saint is, in their humbleness, they would never declare such a thing about themselves.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your self-recognition of your own sainthood is fine and just, but others recognizing someone other than themselves is "wrong".
Got it.
Impeccable logic, as always, chuck.
Well Dan if you are going to go there;;; I recognize Mother Teresa for sainthood before I would any of the Popes.
When was the last time you saw a Pope get down and dirty, with the people. Never.
They claim the best seats in the highest places on earth, passing judgement on people for the wrongs they do, but did nothing to the people in their own organization for the harm they have done to the people.
How is that for Impeccable logic,

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute truth...based on Scripture....
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You've only made the claim one half-dozen times. Just provide one "self-righteous" act you believe he's guilty of.
Claiming to be the Vicar of Christ, that heads the only true church of Jesus.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
works that he has done in his live. works the vatican acknowledges and therefore recognized as a saint.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you recognize a saint Dan. Only God knows the heart of man.
John Paul II was sold out to Maryism.
So unless He recanted, and cofessed his sins before God, he is not in heaven.
John Paul II lead a lot of people away from God to Mary, all the prayers and Glory that belonged to God alone went to her.
The Bible clearly says God shares His Glory with no one.
Sorry Dan, I don't think that makes a person a candidate for sainthood
To be a Saint, we need to be as much like Christ as possible. Right?

You claim John Paul sold out to Marism. Hilarious. JP II was trying to be as much like Jesus Christ as possible... by following Our Lords example of honoring His Father and Mother.
When we honor Mary, we honor and please Christ.

Also, if Im Jesus, i wouldnt be to happy about people spreading rumors about my Mom. Be careful LTM when you teach that she had other children. If you're wrong....you're in trouble.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>ONLY NAIVE AND SENILE PEOPLE BELIEVE IN BEN HEN.
anyway, it is God that gives and does miracles, so the pope nor any other person is responsible.imo
My opinion agrees with your opinion.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
240 184
The first parallel verse to 1Ti 3:16 is: And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And is followed by: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Scripture that clearly shows Christ and God are not one and the same......Scripture erroneously interpreted that supposedly shows God and Christ as the same, makes the Bible infallible...which it is not.
What else is there to say?????
Well, I could say that you've just declared yourself a polytheist-that you believe in more than one deity.

We don't get many polytheists here. Welcome to the board.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Claiming to be the Vicar of Christ, that heads the only true church of Jesus.
He never declared that. He is by virtue of his office.

Christ declared it. He's head of Christ's Church on earth.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith can do it.
Thanks
And keep on topic.
we don't have the faith Dan to believe in God...He gives it to us.

what in the world are you talking about?

**and again...parents can't do it for you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

534 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Don't end capital punishment!!: CHANGE IT!!!!!! 3 min Anon 3
Obama the Anti-President 6 min yon 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min Curiosityforever 115,042
amber armes (Jun '13) 11 min umm 20
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 19 min yon 1,521
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min Stilgar Fifrawi 172,302
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min Dr_Zorderz 256,440
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 36 min stupid is not a disease 720,495
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr Helga 72