Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,620
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417403 Jan 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, all who are chosen by God are saints, and God knew who they were before time.
One more thing the catholic church has taken credit for, that only God alone can do.
The Bible says many are called but few are chosen.
Only those washed in the blood of the lamb, cleansed made whole onto righteousness, are chosen by God.
(WHOSE RIGHTEOUSNESS "JESUS' RIGHTEOUSNESS) certainly not mans, because the Bible says none are righteous no not one except God.
I already said that the Church doesn't create saints, rather recognizes them.

How many times do I have to post it, LTM?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417404 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The title is given because of self righteousness by the individual?
No.

No one declares themself a saint in the Catholic Church.

You'd insist that you're a saint. That sounds like an expression of self-righteousness to my ears.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417405 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone can become a saint.
St. Paul was a non-believer at one time, and he was canonized.
St. Peter denied Christ thrice and was canonized.
All things are possible through Christ, are they not?
Paul and Peter were saints long before they died,a person doesn't have to die to become a saint, all they need is to be born again.

the catholic church has no business declaring who is; or who isn't a saint Dan.
Neither does any other denomination; that is the job of the Holy Spirit.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417406 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
As you say....been there done that.
As I also say-it's not up to me to make your argument for you.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417407 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are called saints because of repentence and faith in Christ.
Vatican will canonized/recognize a pope because of his self righteous works.
So, your self-recognition of your own sainthood is fine and just, but others recognizing someone other than themselves is "wrong".

Got it.

Impeccable logic, as always, chuck.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417408 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
No one declares themself a saint in the Catholic Church.
You'd insist that you're a saint. That sounds like an expression of self-righteousness to my ears.
Again...God has declared me a saint and not me.

I can play along. One is recognized for their self righteous works.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417409 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I already said that the Church doesn't create saints, rather recognizes them.
How many times do I have to post it, LTM?
How do you recognize a saint Dan. Only God knows the heart of man.
John Paul II was sold out to Maryism.
So unless He recanted, and cofessed his sins before God, he is not in heaven.
John Paul II lead a lot of people away from God to Mary, all the prayers and Glory that belonged to God alone went to her.

The Bible clearly says God shares His Glory with no one.
Sorry Dan, I don't think that makes a person a candidate for sainthood
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417410 Jan 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul and Peter were saints long before they died,a person doesn't have to die to become a saint, all they need is to be born again.
the catholic church has no business declaring who is; or who isn't a saint Dan.
Neither does any other denomination; that is the job of the Holy Spirit.
Martin Luther promoted the notion you speak of. I don't ascribe to his beliefs on the subject.

Still, the Church does not decide who is an dis not a saint. They recognize saints. Ignore this fact all day if you will, but it's still the truth and formulating an argument based on a faulty assumption is the hallmark of an idiot.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417411 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
As I also say-it's not up to me to make your argument for you.
That's your problem

You listen to sinful men to teach you. I'm taught by God's Word.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417412 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Argumentum ad verecundiam.
Where does God tell us this?
Read the Bible Dan rwad the Bible.Gee.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417413 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your self-recognition of your own sainthood is fine and just, but others recognizing someone other than themselves is "wrong".
Got it.
Impeccable logic, as always, chuck.
It is from God's Word Danny...not mine.

Open it and read
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417414 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your problem
You listen to sinful men to teach you. I'm taught by God's Word.
You're then teaching yourself, and you are sinful as any man is.

My teachers are sinful, you aren't.

You can declare yourself a saint; the Church recognizing a siant is "wrong".

The Gospel of chuck, interpreted by chuck.

Is that about right?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417415 Jan 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Bible Dan rwad the Bible.Gee.
Noted that both you and chuck have used "the bible" as a response to me, and twice failed to cite same.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417416 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is from God's Word Danny...not mine.
Open it and read
Third appeal to biblical authority sans citation of same.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417417 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin Luther promoted the notion you speak of. I don't ascribe to his beliefs on the subject.
Still, the Church does not decide who is an dis not a saint. They recognize saints. Ignore this fact all day if you will, but it's still the truth and formulating an argument based on a faulty assumption is the hallmark of an idiot.
We get it Dan

the vatican looks at people like popes and their self righteous works and recognizes them as saints.

God recognized me as a saint because of repentance and faith in Christ and it absolutely had nothing to do with what I had done on my own.

it's all clear now.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417418 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Third appeal to biblical authority sans citation of same.
As I said... I've already done that with Tony. Look back through the posts. thanks
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417419 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again...God has declared me a saint and not me.
I can play along. One is recognized for their self righteous works.
Pope John Paul II's life is characterized by self-righteous works?

I've not encountered this premise previously.

Care to support the claim somehow?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417420 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said... I've already done that with Tony. Look back through the posts. thanks
I'll simply assume that you can't make the case and move on. I'm not trawling through half a million posts.

Thanks
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417421 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
We get it Dan
the vatican looks at people like popes and their self righteous works and recognizes them as saints.
God recognized me as a saint because of repentance and faith in Christ and it absolutely had nothing to do with what I had done on my own.
it's all clear now.
Again, what "self-righteous" work or works do you speak of on part of the late Pope?

Is it "self-righteous" to point where one declares themself a saint by virtue of one's own acts, a la chuck?

You canonized yourself by declraing your faith in God. You initiated it, right?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417422 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
We get it Dan
the vatican looks at people like popes and their self righteous works and recognizes them as saints.
God recognized me as a saint because of repentance and faith in Christ and it absolutely had nothing to do with what I had done on my own.
it's all clear now.
The roll of saints isn't exclusive to Popes.

There goes that, doesn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min eyeful 605,377
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min It aint necessari... 778,912
AirAsia jet vanishes into sea 24 min yon 3
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 40 min yon 4,925
Boxshots And Ecover Graphic Software (view mobi... 54 min Hamza 1
Moses never existed 54 min Khatru 848
Google Redirect Virus Removal Tool - Huge Deman... 56 min Hamza 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemales mother 265,573
Gay snapchat names 7 hr boygyhoy 183
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 16 hr dallas75225 70
More from around the web