Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596039 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#417414 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your problem
You listen to sinful men to teach you. I'm taught by God's Word.
You're then teaching yourself, and you are sinful as any man is.

My teachers are sinful, you aren't.

You can declare yourself a saint; the Church recognizing a siant is "wrong".

The Gospel of chuck, interpreted by chuck.

Is that about right?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417415 Jan 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Bible Dan rwad the Bible.Gee.
Noted that both you and chuck have used "the bible" as a response to me, and twice failed to cite same.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417416 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is from God's Word Danny...not mine.
Open it and read
Third appeal to biblical authority sans citation of same.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417417 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin Luther promoted the notion you speak of. I don't ascribe to his beliefs on the subject.
Still, the Church does not decide who is an dis not a saint. They recognize saints. Ignore this fact all day if you will, but it's still the truth and formulating an argument based on a faulty assumption is the hallmark of an idiot.
We get it Dan

the vatican looks at people like popes and their self righteous works and recognizes them as saints.

God recognized me as a saint because of repentance and faith in Christ and it absolutely had nothing to do with what I had done on my own.

it's all clear now.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417418 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Third appeal to biblical authority sans citation of same.
As I said... I've already done that with Tony. Look back through the posts. thanks
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417419 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again...God has declared me a saint and not me.
I can play along. One is recognized for their self righteous works.
Pope John Paul II's life is characterized by self-righteous works?

I've not encountered this premise previously.

Care to support the claim somehow?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417420 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said... I've already done that with Tony. Look back through the posts. thanks
I'll simply assume that you can't make the case and move on. I'm not trawling through half a million posts.

Thanks
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417421 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
We get it Dan
the vatican looks at people like popes and their self righteous works and recognizes them as saints.
God recognized me as a saint because of repentance and faith in Christ and it absolutely had nothing to do with what I had done on my own.
it's all clear now.
Again, what "self-righteous" work or works do you speak of on part of the late Pope?

Is it "self-righteous" to point where one declares themself a saint by virtue of one's own acts, a la chuck?

You canonized yourself by declraing your faith in God. You initiated it, right?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417422 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
We get it Dan
it's all clear now.
The roll of saints isn't exclusive to Popes.

There goes that, doesn't it?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417423 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll simply assume that you can't make the case and move on. I'm not trawling through half a million posts.
Thanks
Millions Danny...I think it was yesterday. Take a look. Not like you have anything else going on. you're welcome
Pad

Rockford, IL

#417424 Jan 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to be Catholic to be a Saint. You just have to be in Heaven. There are plenty of non Catholics up there.
If we are in Christ,we are grafted in. He is the Vine,we are the branches,there is no denomination or identity to any certain religious affiliation.It all has to do with a PERSON,His life,arrest,scourging,crucifix ion,death and Resurrection."In Him we live and have our being." It is not thus saith the: Presbyterians,Assemblies of God,Quakers,Baptists,Roman Catholics,Orthodox,or Anglicans,OR whoever else claims to believe in Him,It is Written in the Word,and we believe it,we live it,and we walk with H I M(The Firstborn of all Creation."
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417425 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the day you decided to believe in God.
You don't know the day that you will attain Heaven.
"born again" literally means "born from above." —a spiritual transformation. New birth, being born again, is an act of God whereby eternal life is imparted to the person who believes (2 Corinthians 5:17; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:3; 1 John 2:29; 3:9; 4:7; 5:1-4, 18). John 1:12,13 indicates that "born again" also carries the idea "to become children of God" through trust in the name of Jesus Christ.

Before that we are spiritual dead, when we are born again, we pass from death into life, in a sense we go from the devils realm and enter in to Gods heavenly realm.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417426 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, what "self-righteous" work or works do you speak of on part of the late Pope?
They are rognized for their works,....no?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417427 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You canonized yourself by declraing your faith in God. You initiated it, right?
Come on Danny...

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

**Your parents can't do this for you...thanks
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417428 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The roll of saints isn't exclusive to Popes.
There goes that, doesn't it?
yep...just those who repent and put their faith in Christ..thanks
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417429 Jan 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you recognize a saint Dan. Only God knows the heart of man.
John Paul II was sold out to Maryism.
So unless He recanted, and cofessed his sins before God, he is not in heaven.
John Paul II lead a lot of people away from God to Mary, all the prayers and Glory that belonged to God alone went to her.
The Bible clearly says God shares His Glory with no one.
Sorry Dan, I don't think that makes a person a candidate for sainthood
But, you just told me that all whom God has chosen are saints-here and in heaven.

Now, you're holding the late Pope up to a Heavenly qualification test that you wouldn't dream of applying to yourself.

How do you know he didn't confess? Why would you think he didn't?

What DO you actually believe on the subject? Pick one, please.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417430 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
They are rognized for their works,....no?
What "self-righteous" works is the Pope guilty of?

You've only made the claim one half-dozen times. Just provide one "self-righteous" act you believe he's guilty of.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417431 Jan 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
"born again" literally means "born from above." —a spiritual transformation. New birth, being born again, is an act of God whereby eternal life is imparted to the person who believes (2 Corinthians 5:17; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:3; 1 John 2:29; 3:9; 4:7; 5:1-4, 18). John 1:12,13 indicates that "born again" also carries the idea "to become children of God" through trust in the name of Jesus Christ.
Before that we are spiritual dead, when we are born again, we pass from death into life, in a sense we go from the devils realm and enter in to Gods heavenly realm.
Ok.

What day will you go to Heaven?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417432 Jan 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is the witness that they all are one Oxbow.
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Oxbow,are you denying Christ is Lord?
The Rock in the Old Testament was also the Rock in the New Testament.
1 Corinthians 10:4
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
Psalm 18:31
For who is God except the LORD? or who is a rock except our God?
240 184

The first parallel verse to 1Ti 3:16 is: And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And is followed by: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Scripture that clearly shows Christ and God are not one and the same......Scripture erroneously interpreted that supposedly shows God and Christ as the same, makes the Bible infallible...which it is not.

What else is there to say?????
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417433 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Danny...
Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
**Your parents can't do this for you...thanks
Faith can do it.

Thanks

And keep on topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Aerobatty 854,322
Newspaper Editorials 7 min Rani 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 min ChristineM 444,209
skype sex id luv to try it (Aug '13) 11 min sashi 189
How Many Basketball camps for boys are in US wh... 24 min hoopslessons 1
Gay Nation Wants To Replace American Flag 1 hr Burke Devlin 9
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 1 hr soloboy69 126
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr AntiqueAnnie 612,603
The Christian Atheist debate 4 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 847
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 hr DebraE 100,733