Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595994 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#417394 Jan 22, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, Dan, but IF God Saved you? you will know it, you will know it from the top of your head down to your soles on your feet.you will probably know the Day, the Year, and down to the hour, at least I do.
as I have said on here before.
The first Birth I dont remember(getting Blessed),
the Second Birth, I cant forget.
You know the day you decided to believe in God.

You don't know the day that you will attain Heaven.
Clay

United States

#417395 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay said saints are on in Heaven. What do you say?
Everyone in Heaven is a Saint.
We certainly can look at people on Earth and see a degree of Holiness that would qualify them as a Saint. Many used that title for Mother Teresa.
I thought of my Grandma as a saint..
I don't think its wrong to look at people on Earth and think of them as saints. Even if its Drew Brees lol
The official title of Saint given by the Catholic Church is for those who lived a life of virtue and holiness and made it to Heaven. The Church publicly recognizes them for us, so we can see an example or role model.
Heaven is filled with saints that no one ever knew.
We celebrate them on All Saints Day.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417396 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Canonization, again, is a long process requiring extensive proof that the person proposed for canonization lived and died in such an exemplary and holy way that he or she is worthy to be recognized as a saint.
Dan, all who are chosen by God are saints, and God knew who they were before time.
One more thing the catholic church has taken credit for, that only God alone can do.

The Bible says many are called but few are chosen.
Only those washed in the blood of the lamb, cleansed made whole onto righteousness, are chosen by God.
(WHOSE RIGHTEOUSNESS "JESUS' RIGHTEOUSNESS) certainly not mans, because the Bible says none are righteous no not one except God.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417397 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin Luther can have his own definition, but I don't ascribe to it.
Christians are called saints because of repentence and faith in Christ.

Vatican will canonized/recognize a pope because of his self righteous works.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417398 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are Paul letters sent to the saints?
Citation, please.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417399 Jan 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The official title of Saint given by the Catholic Church is for those who lived a life of virtue and holiness and made it to Heaven.
The title is given because of self righteousness by the individual?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417400 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are Paul letters sent to the saints?


St. Paul is God?
Clay

United States

#417401 Jan 22, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, Dan, but IF God Saved you? you will know it, you will know it from the top of your head down to your soles on your feet.you will probably know the Day, the Year, and down to the hour, at least I do.
as I have said on here before.
The first Birth I dont remember(getting Blessed),
the Second Birth, I cant forget.
The journey of a Catholic is filled with encounters with God.
We don't remember our Baptism, when our parents brought us into the Church though.
Jews don't remember their circumcision either (thankfully)
Most Catholics remember their first communion.
The Sacrament of Confirmation in Jr high is a profound moment.

Sounds like you remember your alter call? Or when you 'accepted Christ'? I think that's great Preston. I love hearing peoples testimonials.
For the typical Catholic, its more of a growing experience, since we were raised in the faith.
Still, I testify to more than one, very profound experiences with the Holy Spirit.... walking on air in a way.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417402 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Citation, please.
As you say....been there done that.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417403 Jan 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, all who are chosen by God are saints, and God knew who they were before time.
One more thing the catholic church has taken credit for, that only God alone can do.
The Bible says many are called but few are chosen.
Only those washed in the blood of the lamb, cleansed made whole onto righteousness, are chosen by God.
(WHOSE RIGHTEOUSNESS "JESUS' RIGHTEOUSNESS) certainly not mans, because the Bible says none are righteous no not one except God.
I already said that the Church doesn't create saints, rather recognizes them.

How many times do I have to post it, LTM?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417404 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The title is given because of self righteousness by the individual?
No.

No one declares themself a saint in the Catholic Church.

You'd insist that you're a saint. That sounds like an expression of self-righteousness to my ears.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417405 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone can become a saint.
St. Paul was a non-believer at one time, and he was canonized.
St. Peter denied Christ thrice and was canonized.
All things are possible through Christ, are they not?
Paul and Peter were saints long before they died,a person doesn't have to die to become a saint, all they need is to be born again.

the catholic church has no business declaring who is; or who isn't a saint Dan.
Neither does any other denomination; that is the job of the Holy Spirit.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417406 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
As you say....been there done that.
As I also say-it's not up to me to make your argument for you.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417407 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are called saints because of repentence and faith in Christ.
Vatican will canonized/recognize a pope because of his self righteous works.
So, your self-recognition of your own sainthood is fine and just, but others recognizing someone other than themselves is "wrong".

Got it.

Impeccable logic, as always, chuck.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417408 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
No one declares themself a saint in the Catholic Church.
You'd insist that you're a saint. That sounds like an expression of self-righteousness to my ears.
Again...God has declared me a saint and not me.

I can play along. One is recognized for their self righteous works.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417409 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I already said that the Church doesn't create saints, rather recognizes them.
How many times do I have to post it, LTM?
How do you recognize a saint Dan. Only God knows the heart of man.
John Paul II was sold out to Maryism.
So unless He recanted, and cofessed his sins before God, he is not in heaven.
John Paul II lead a lot of people away from God to Mary, all the prayers and Glory that belonged to God alone went to her.

The Bible clearly says God shares His Glory with no one.
Sorry Dan, I don't think that makes a person a candidate for sainthood
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417410 Jan 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul and Peter were saints long before they died,a person doesn't have to die to become a saint, all they need is to be born again.
the catholic church has no business declaring who is; or who isn't a saint Dan.
Neither does any other denomination; that is the job of the Holy Spirit.
Martin Luther promoted the notion you speak of. I don't ascribe to his beliefs on the subject.

Still, the Church does not decide who is an dis not a saint. They recognize saints. Ignore this fact all day if you will, but it's still the truth and formulating an argument based on a faulty assumption is the hallmark of an idiot.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417411 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
As I also say-it's not up to me to make your argument for you.
That's your problem

You listen to sinful men to teach you. I'm taught by God's Word.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417412 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Argumentum ad verecundiam.
Where does God tell us this?
Read the Bible Dan rwad the Bible.Gee.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417413 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your self-recognition of your own sainthood is fine and just, but others recognizing someone other than themselves is "wrong".
Got it.
Impeccable logic, as always, chuck.
It is from God's Word Danny...not mine.

Open it and read

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Tommy 854,132
What Is RacismAnd Bigotry? 5 min Burke Devlin 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Burke Devlin 272,067
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 8 min andet1987 1,455
The Christian Atheist debate 9 min HipGnosis 799
The Next O.J. & Nicole 10 min andet1987 6
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 14 min andet1987 6,117
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 43 min I Am No One_ 444,191
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr New Age Spiritual... 612,602
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr RiccardoFire 100,732
More from around the web