Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417352 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
..........um, anyone "From His right hand" is in Heaven, Chuck. The Lord is in heaven in Deutoronomy.
Sheesh.
you're right Danny my fault

here you go:

Psalm 16:3 As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417353 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope John Paul needs one more miracle to be a saint....ugh...recognized.. sorry.
Once more miracle to affirm that the individual has the The beatific vision:

(Latin: visio beatifica) in Christian theology is the ultimate direct self communication of God to the individual person, when she or he reaches, as a member of redeemed humanity in the communion of saints, perfect salvation in its entirety, i.e. heaven. The notion of vision stresses the intellectual component of salvation, though it encompasses the whole of human experience of joy, happiness coming from seeing God finally face to face and not imperfectly through faith (1 Cor 13:1112).[
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417354 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen anything from the vatican to recognize the two who were killed in Hong Kong. Think something will come out from them soon?
Dunno.

Are you going for forward them for recognition?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417355 Jan 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If millions of protestants can believe the Holy Spirit works through Benny Hinn so he can perform thousands of miracle healings and predict future events, why is it so bad for Catholics to believe a few can be attributed to our previous pope?
lol...millions Tony.. come on.

you mean gullible didn't you. You know that of all the people on this thread, there is one guy who likes Benny Hinn.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417356 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
you're right Danny my fault
here you go:
Psalm 16:3 As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.
Nice passage-how does this vitiate the canonization process in Catholicism?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#417357 Jan 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
The Bible is not a book on logic, based on logic. And to jump from one scripture and then to another and presume you can do so, applying logic, is an intellectual pride.
The Bible has literal, figurative, and spiritual in natures with some overlapping....
No one can define God.
It is not a sin to try and understand God, rather to presume you can by logic.
Darn good insight Robert.
~~~
The Bible is the inerrant word of God, and not subject to either of your private evaluations.
It is the Book that all Christians, and sinners will be judged by....when they stand before God in the last day.
It is the ultimate standard that the lives of all man kind will be compared to/measured by...
BEST PAY HEAD TO IT...
THE HOLY SPIRIT DID NOT WRITE NOR DID HE INSPIRE A CATECHISM.
ONLY WHAT GOD HAS SPOKEN FORTH AND SENT HAS HIS APPROVAL ...
ALL ELSE IS HOG WASH...
Isa_55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Rev_20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
JESUS SAID
Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
THERE IS NO OTHER WORDS THAT MAN HAVE CONJURED UP THAT IS SPIRIT AND LIFE
THE WORDS OF SPIRIT AND LIFE GIVEN/SPOKEN BY JESUS.... ARE THE ONLY WAY ONE DISCERNS/UNDERSTANDS ,WHAT IS FLESH/CARNAL AND WHAT IS OF THE SPIRIT.
Rom_8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
1Co_2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co_16:18 For they have refreshed my spirit and yours: therefore acknowledge ye them that are such.
1Pe_4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
confrinting

I agree. But there are at least three books in Reve 20 :12 Wouldn't it be sad for you if one of them was the CCC?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417358 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunno.
Are you going for forward them for recognition?
Come on Danny...you know everything.

You said the vatican recognizes saints but not these folks?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417359 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice passage-how does this vitiate the canonization process in Catholicism?
Clay said saints are on in Heaven. What do you say?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417360 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Once more miracle to affirm that the individual has the The beatific vision:
(Latin: visio beatifica) in Christian theology is the ultimate direct self communication of God to the individual person, when she or he reaches, as a member of redeemed humanity in the communion of saints, perfect salvation in its entirety, i.e. heaven. The notion of vision stresses the intellectual component of salvation, though it encompasses the whole of human experience of joy, happiness coming from seeing God finally face to face and not imperfectly through faith (1 Cor 13:1112).[
Do you believe someone can become a saint even if they were involved in covering up molestation charges?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417361 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Danny...you know everything.
You said the vatican recognizes saints but not these folks?
Canonization is a formal process, chuck.

Have you forwarded their case to the local Catholic bishop?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417362 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay said saints are on in Heaven. What do you say?
All christians in Heaven are saints. Some are considered to be worthy of higher honor, emulation, or veneration, with official church recognition given to some saints through canonization.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#417363 Jan 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
221 180 135
<quoted text>
I never said the Bible is a book on logic...nor that it is based on logic.
I never said anything about defining God..I never said one word about trying to understand God..nor did I say you could by using logic.
You are grasping at straws.
Oxbow

I tend to agree with you. You wrote nothing based on nothing, interpretted by nothing, and I tried to understand it. How silly of me....
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417364 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe someone can become a saint even if they were involved in covering up molestation charges?
Anyone can become a saint.

St. Paul was a non-believer at one time, and he was canonized.

St. Peter denied Christ thrice and was canonized.

All things are possible through Christ, are they not?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417365 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Canonization is a formal process, chuck.
Have you forwarded their case to the local Catholic bishop?
Nice deflect Danny..

Why ask a bishop when I can read God's Word about the saints?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417366 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All christians in Heaven are saints. Some are considered to be worthy of higher honor, emulation, or veneration, with official church recognition given to some saints through canonization.
There are no saints here on earth?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417367 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice deflect Danny..
Why ask a bishop when I can read God's Word about the saints?
You asked me directly when the Vatican might recognize the people you mentioned, thus my inquiry on whether you'd forwarded their story to a Catholic bishop.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417368 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no saints here on earth?
All christians in Heaven are saints.

The operative is "in Heaven".
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417369 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All christians in Heaven are saints.
The operative is "in Heaven".
yeah

I've heard many catholics say we don't know if we go to Heaven until we die. If that's the case, how does the vatican know pope john paul is in Heaven?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417370 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah
I've heard many catholics say we don't know if we go to Heaven until we die. If that's the case, how does the vatican know pope john paul is in Heaven?
Canonization, again, is a long process requiring extensive proof that the person proposed for canonization lived and died in such an exemplary and holy way that he or she is worthy to be recognized as a saint.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417371 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone can become a saint.
St. Paul was a non-believer at one time, and he was canonized.
St. Peter denied Christ thrice and was canonized.
All things are possible through Christ, are they not?
Paul was a saint/christian because he put his faith in Christ...here on earth

Peter was a saint/christian because he put his faith in Christ...here on earth

It has nothing to do with being canonized.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Stilgar Fifrawi 830,271
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 10 min Classic 2,306
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 min Chess Jurist 442,969
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min curtjester1 40,217
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 58 min boots 59
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 99,250
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 3,930
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr dr Shrink 611,943
More from around the web