Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,131
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Australia

#417329 Jan 22, 2013
why they talking about righteousness people when they judging them..justice not exist who told you it is..no no never exist that for good people they know how they set up..
justice died on Cross..
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#417330 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Prove my outlandish statement false", right?
Here.
The Catechism.
Any more questions?
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX....
Thank you Dan.

What are the RCC's "infallible teachings on faith and morals."

Dan writes -- "Prove my outlandish statement false.. "

Dan, THAT is exactly my point, glad you finally picked it up.

When you make these absurd claims about "perfect" and "infallible" teachings -- why are you so surprised that someone would ask for a list so that the absurd claim can be addressed ... directly and specifically.

If anyone else claimed to possess "infallible teachings" from God, wouldn't YOU ASK THE SAME QUESTION?

When unchangeable "infallible teachings" change over the centuries, that's not good for the claim. So the solution is to say those teachings were never "infallible" in the first place.

Get the absurdity yet?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417331 Jan 22, 2013
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Dan.
When you make these absurd claims about "perfect" and "infallible" teachings -- why are you so surprised that someone would ask for a list so that the absurd claim can be addressed ... directly and specifically.
If anyone else claimed to possess "infallible teachings" from God, wouldn't YOU ASK THE SAME QUESTION?
When unchangeable "infallible teachings" change over the centuries, that's not good for the claim. So the solution is to say those teachings were never "infallible" in the first place.
Get the absurdity yet?
Everything they teach doesn't get promulgated under the doctrine of papal infallilibity.

Papal infallilibity has been invoked rarely.

Do you know what infallibility means in case of "papal infallibility"?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417332 Jan 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Thank you Dan.
Get the absurdity yet?
What teaching has "changed" that has you mentioning this? One example si fine, more than one is fine-just let me know.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#417333 Jan 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Thank you Dan.
Get the absurdity yet?
You sure do sound like Free Mind....another poster on here....
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417334 Jan 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to be Catholic to be a Saint. You just have to be in Heaven. There are plenty of non Catholics up there.
So normal folks like you and I like these:

The Christian Post:
Two North Korean Christians have died because of their faith, a global persecution watchdog group revealed today. Opens Doors USA confirmed the deaths of the two Christians, revealing that one was shot while he was leaving for Bible training in China, and that another one died in a labor camp in North Korea.

**Now that I have told you about them, will you pray to them? Are they not the same as Peter?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#417335 Jan 22, 2013
preston wrote:
I think that I would start on cleaning my own house(doctrine and beliefs) before I started on another group of people.
If I were some people.hint, hint
"I think that I would start on cleaning my own house (doctrine and beliefs)"

- it's not what Jesus wanted, but okay.

Maybe you should begin with your own being ('house') and address your TRUE honesty ('doctrine').

This is where it begins.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417336 Jan 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Thank you Dan.
Get the absurdity yet?
RE: faith, the Nicene Creed sums it up.

RE: morals, it's in the Catechism.

Albuquerque, NM

#417337 Jan 22, 2013
Robert F wrote:
Oxbow
The Bible is not a book on logic, based on logic. And to jump from one scripture and then to another and presume you can do so, applying logic, is an intellectual pride.
The Bible has literal, figurative, and spiritual in natures with some overlapping....
No one can define God.
It is not a sin to try and understand God, rather to presume you can by logic.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said the Bible is a book on logic...nor that it is based on logic.
I never said anything about defining God..I never said one word about trying to understand God..nor did I say you could by using logic.
You are grasping at straws.
Both sides of this issues have made posts "defining God".

Now you guys deny it.

Yeah - honesty is strong with you guys. Uh-huh....sure......
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417338 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So normal folks like you and I like these:
The Christian Post:
Two North Korean Christians have died because of their faith, a global persecution watchdog group revealed today. Opens Doors USA confirmed the deaths of the two Christians, revealing that one was shot while he was leaving for Bible training in China, and that another one died in a labor camp in North Korea.
**Now that I have told you about them, will you pray to them? Are they not the same as Peter?
All the faithful in Heaven can intercede for us.

What about Peter here?

Albuquerque, NM

#417339 Jan 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not worthy of a response..
Runaway liitle one. Runaway!

Typical.

Albuquerque, NM

#417340 Jan 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse apples....you are crawfishing...
Diversion.

No need to fret Rabbi - the astonishment will come if you let it.

Why don't you beleive Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#417341 Jan 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
would make the Bible fallible...which it is not...
yes it is.

I've shown you many instances that prove that is the case.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#417342 Jan 22, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
Prove that Fatima is not an RCC "infallible" (not "official") teaching.
Please provide a list of the RCC's amazing "unchangeable infallible teachings" to show us that Fatima is not on there.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Prove my outlandish statement false", right?
Here.
The Catechism.
Any more questions?
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX....
Diversion.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417343 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All the faithful in Heaven can intercede for us.
What about Peter here?
I don't believe for one second that you think praying to the two who were killed in Hong Kong for their faith is the same as praying to a catholic saint.

Ain't buying it Danny

Saints are those who put their faith in Christ. Regular people like you and I. God determines who saints are..not the vatican.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417344 Jan 22, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Clay: "If I'm new to Christianity, I'm going to find out which Church was there from the beginning. Then and only then, would I be in the correct group."
-
-
There was so much confusion during the early days of the church.
-
Make sure the one you are in IS NOT a CULT.
-
The catholic Church has all the marks of a cult and its leaders order torture and murder of heretics ...
-
It doesn't matter if it was *there first* as you say ... if it FIRST does NOT follow Jesus! Because if it is NOT following Jesus ... it wasn't **there** in the first place.
-
The Catholic church does NOT follow Jesus.
Um, they DO follow Jesus. Where on earth did you pull your comment from?

Please tell me this isn't your own independent thought.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417345 Jan 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Free MInd wrote:
Prove that Fatima is not an RCC "infallible" (not "official") teaching.
Please provide a list of the RCC's amazing "unchangeable infallible teachings" to show us that Fatima is not on there.
<quoted text>
Diversion.
How did I divert?

He asked about the teachings of the Catholic Church.

I supplied the teachings of the Catholic Church.

I'll do his work for him (again).

RE: Fatima-

Private revelations do not form part of the deposit of faith of the Catholic Church, and its members are not bound to believe in any of them. Assent is normally expected (not required, only expected as again, they are not part of the deposit of faith) if the apparition is adjudged to be worthy of belief (which it was in theis case in 1930).

So, no, not part of infallible teachings on faith and morals.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417346 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe for one second that you think praying to the two who were killed in Hong Kong for their faith is the same as praying to a catholic saint.
Ain't buying it Danny
Saints are those who put their faith in Christ. Regular people like you and I. God determines who saints are..not the vatican.
You can pray for me. I can aak you to pray for me. I can ask anyone to pray for me.

Saints are recognized by the Vatican-not made saints by the Vatican.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417347 Jan 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to be Catholic to be a Saint. You just have to be in Heaven.
Psalm 16:3 As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.

Deuteronomy 33:2 Now this is the blessing with which Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death. 2 And he said:
The Lord came from Sinai,
And dawned on them from Seir;
He shone forth from Mount Paran,
And He came with ten thousands of saints;
From His right hand

***You said: You just have to be in Heaven to be a saint.

**your statement contradicts God's Word...unless you can interpret the passages I posted for me...thanks
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417348 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You can pray for me. I can aak you to pray for me. I can ask anyone to pray for me.
Saints are recognized by the Vatican-not made saints by the Vatican.
Pope John Paul needs one more miracle to be a saint....ugh...recognized.. sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Happy Lesbo 809,939
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min seenthisside 949
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 min karl44 442,095
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min Naked Truth from ... 608,224
safe abortion clinic in manila (Jul '13) 29 min lyca 43
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 46 min andet1987 5,554
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 47 min sall 163
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Aardvark Ratnick 268,904
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 10 hr coco 204
More from around the web