Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658358 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#417492 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, a belief of yours that requires you to judge what God is and is not capable of doing.
Feel free to parcel out God's omnipotence as you see fit. I cannot presume to do this.
You should and can, according to His Word.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#417493 Jan 22, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
confrinting
I agree. But there are at least three books in Reve 20 :12 Wouldn't it be sad for you if one of them was the CCC?
I disagree.

The number is not specific.

Please list the "at least three books" you think exist.

Please be specific.

Thanks!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417494 Jan 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
"Paul" is talking about the Spirit here.
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
Better question-

Why do you think that I'm subject to your interpretation of scripture?

Are you chuck?

Albuquerque, NM

#417495 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah
I've heard many catholics say we don't know if we go to Heaven until we die. If that's the case, how does the vatican know pope john paul is in Heaven?
I hear the same thing from non-Catholics too.

How do you know those fundamentalists are in heaven?

Honesty again plays an important part here.

You do realize this, right?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#417496 Jan 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
240 184
The first parallel verse to 1Ti 3:16 is: And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And is followed by: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Scripture that clearly shows Christ and God are not one and the same......Scripture erroneously interpreted that supposedly shows God and Christ as the same, makes the Bible infallible...which it is not.
What else is there to say?????
Romans 10:11-13
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for >>>>the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God,
>>>which he hath purchased with >>his own blood

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
John 12:45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
John 14:7-10 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
he that hath seen me >>>>hath seen the Father;

Albuquerque, NM

#417497 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Canonization, again, is a long process requiring extensive proof that the person proposed for canonization lived and died in such an exemplary and holy way that he or she is worthy to be recognized as a saint.
The qualifiers men like to place upon other men.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417498 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies
you were just being sarcastic
Yes.

I never hear one of these altar call stories that isn't replete with some form of privation on part of the person telling it. "I hit rock bottom eating Alpo in my trailer park with the utilities turned off......" kind of thing.

Albuquerque, NM

#417499 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>

They now are the faithful departed, and are saints in Heaven.
You do know the difference between stating a fact, versus stating a belief, right?

Do you have proof for your claim?

I didn't think so either.

Please stop misleading others with unfounded claims.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417500 Jan 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You should and can, according to His Word.
What part fo "His word" places you or me in charge of limiting God's power to do things?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417501 Jan 22, 2013
<quoted text>
The qualifiers men like to place upon other men.
Well, it is a process of recognition.

Should they abandon it?

United States

#417502 Jan 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I didn't ignore your links this time. I read them and I didn't see anything that backs up your baseless opinion that Muslims were retaliating against Catholic violence, before the Crusades.
I didn't see anything about Constantine waging war on behalf of Catholicism either. Did he go to war? Yup. for religion or politics? Politics.
Against Muslims? No.
You're nuts Guest.
-
oh, I almost forgot ... FYI - there is no possible way Constantine could have waged war against Muslims, Clay, and your statement shows me you still have not read what I wrote.
-
Islam was not a religion until 300 years AFTER Constantine's death - can you understand that? can you understand what I am trying to get through to you?
-
For 300 years AFTER Constantine waged war in the Name of God - FOR the Roman Catholic Church - Muslims did not exist. There were, however, people native to the area that followers of Constantine continued to war with and persecute. They got tired of it. Their response was to fight back and Muhammad created Islam to *unite* the native people together....
...much like Constantine did when he started Wars for God to *unite* everyone under one religion and one government.
-
.... and we have been dealing with the sheer horror of that since!

Albuquerque, NM

#417503 Jan 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is the witness that they all are one Oxbow.
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Oxbow,are you denying Christ is Lord?
The Rock in the Old Testament was also the Rock in the New Testament.
1 Corinthians 10:4
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
Psalm 18:31
For who is God except the LORD? or who is a rock except our God?
Why do you believe men over Jesus?

Location hidden

#417504 Jan 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
240 184
The first parallel verse to 1Ti 3:16 is: And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And is followed by: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Scripture that clearly shows Christ and God are not one and the same......Scripture erroneously interpreted that supposedly shows God and Christ as the same, makes the Bible infallible...which it is not.
Isaiah 40:28
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

John 1:3
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Colossians 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Albuquerque, NM

#417505 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
For example, I certainly wouldn't place my own judgement in front of God's as to who gets to Heaven and who does not.
No you probably don't, but it doesn't stop you from thinking that those other religions won't get there for some odd reason.

There are other paths to salvation, whether you think there isn't or not.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417506 Jan 22, 2013
<quoted text>
You do know the difference between stating a fact, versus stating a belief, right?
Well, if they are people who believe in God, they are among the faithful. They'd self-identify as such.

This isn't at issue, is it?

Albuquerque, NM

#417507 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Argumentum ad verecundiam.
Where does God tell us this?
Is that like saying "the Church" is defined as the RCC?

Where does "God" tell us that it is?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417508 Jan 22, 2013
<quoted text>
The "heaven" part,

I get it.

I'm operating on the assumption that no one on the board has been to haaven and come back to report.

I'll be clear henceforth.

Location hidden

#417509 Jan 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
240 184
Nehemiah 9:6
Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee

Colossians 1:17
And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Micah 5:2
But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Colossians 1:17
And he is before >>>all things,
and by him >>>all things consist.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417510 Jan 22, 2013
<quoted text>
No you probably don't, but it doesn't stop you from thinking that those other religions won't get there for some odd reason.
There are other paths to salvation, whether you think there isn't or not.
I never said that non-Catholis can't get to heaven.

Ever.

Albuquerque, NM

#417511 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
Anyone can become a saint.
St. Paul was a non-believer at one time, and he was canonized.
St. Peter denied Christ thrice and was canonized.
All things are possible through Christ, are they not?
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul and Peter were saints long before they died,a person doesn't have to die to become a saint, all they need is to be born again.
the catholic church has no business declaring who is; or who isn't a saint Dan.
Neither does any other denomination; that is the job of the Holy Spirit.
You are both incorrect. The canonization of a person to sainthood is a man's process, not of the HS or another entity.

"St. Peter was not canonized. He was proclaimed a saint by early Christians because of his martyrdom. The canonization process did not come into existence until the 12th century. In the primitive Church, martyrs were immediately recognized as witnessing to the perfection of Christian life on earth, having shown the ultimate proof of their love for Christ by the offering of their lives. By the sacrifice of their lives for Christ, they attained Heaven in eternal glory and were indissolubly united to the Lord, the Head of the Mystical Body."

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_was_St._Peter_...

"The canonization process did not come into existence until the 12th century."

+ all pre-12th Century "saints" were decided upon by men and not "God".

+ this is a clear indication that any designation of "Saint" after the 12th C. is of man's doing, and not of "God".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min X Pendable 183,440
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min Peace_Warrior 618,827
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min onemale 282,849
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min Catcher1 70,002
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min Toby 974,598
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,969
Clinton Hackers Of The Rich And Famous 1 hr Chelsea 1
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr gundee123 4,918
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 3 hr Jersey97boy 86
More from around the web