Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
402,021 - 402,040 of 536,752 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>

I wouldn't say Catholics 'fly the RCC wave by the seat of our pants'. Rather, I would say we have true faith in Jesus Christ and the Church He started.
Wrong again. You don't accept ALL of what Jesus taught.

You have little faith in Jesus.

Why do you think you are not lying?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>

You conspiracy 'Christians' have no true faith in Christ. You seem to think He was lying when He said, "I will be with you always until the end of the world".
No conspiracy at all. I'm trying to spread the word of Jesus, and you refuse to accept it.

Don't put any onus on me with lies and distortions.

I don't think he was lying at all.....especially if he is Spirit, and I become Spirit when I die.
- "I will be with you always until the end of the world".
+ even when the world ends - he and I (and everyone else) is still Spirit.

Have you ever felt (the flow of the excitement in your body) "astonishment" before?

You actually begin to see "the kingdom of God's" in probably the right way.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>35 degrees here and tonight the low is expected to be a low of 14 degree. Tesday 28 high and 29 low. I reckon we are having a heat wave compared to you guys.
Yep you really are having a heat wave.
I had to go out all afternoon, to warm up I had to soak my old bones.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
180 135
<quoted text>
The Scripture says...plain as day "Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh."
However,we both know that they are not, literally, one flesh. You cannot face this truth, because, to do so, you would have to admit the same logic applies to "I and my Father are one".
I showed you the teaching on this matter by the Catholics....they teach Christ is the Incarnate Son of God....not God. I showed you that the pope approved NABRE, on Joh 10:30, does not teach that Christ is God. Several Scripture that shows God saying that Christ is His Son...etc etc...
Oxbow

The Bible is not a book on logic, based on logic. And to jump from one scripture and then to another and presume you can do so, applying logic, is an intellectual pride.

The Bible has literal, figurative, and spiritual in natures with some overlapping....

No one can define God.

It is not a sin to try and understand God, rather to presume you can by logic.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No ifs about it...the Son of God, the second person in the Holy Trinity, came into this world as Jesus Christ. Lived about thirty years, was crucified, died, was buried, and rose again on the third day. Is now seated at the right hand of God...
He was, as the Bible says the Lamb of God: The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!
The about Scripture says, emphatically, that Jesus is not God...
Oxbow

Ditto my last post to you.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
<snicker>
Actually, I don't think its funny at all. Ellen white (inventor of the SDA idea) told you the Roman Catholic Church decided on Sunday in the year 362 at the command of Constantine.
Well, not so. Christians observed Sunday hundreds of yrs before that, for good reason too. Its what the Apostles taught.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
The Bible is not a book on logic, based on logic. And to jump from one scripture and then to another and presume you can do so, applying logic, is an intellectual pride.
The Bible has literal, figurative, and spiritual in natures with some overlapping....
No one can define God.
Darn good insight Robert.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You think He meant, "I will be with you sort of... but you won't really know my true will until a Bible can be printed and handed out to the regular folks, then you'll figure out on your own what I want"

Even more bizarre.. "some gnostics will come along and use part of this Bible, and add some other weird books and say its me talking....But don't worry, because THEY will have the correct faith, so listen to them"
Now you know what I am thinking? Hmmm....you sure need to wrassle in your arrogance, Clay. You have no idea what I am thinking.

Unless you are psychic, then you aren't a Catholic. You've shown you aren't, so that dangling thread is cut.

Do they teach you to be arrogant in mass nowadays, or is this your Self taking the reigns?

Funny thing is, you'll probably divert from that question too, with some off-topic rant about me, AND NEVER tackling the truth head-on.

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
182 071
<quoted text>
When you want to address my post, I will respond:
Mt 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Does that mean that a man and woman whom God has joined together are the same person????!!!!! Is that person the man...or is that person the woman???!!!!
Spirit.

It fits all of Jesus' parable.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My belief is based on Scripture..which I quoted...which cannot be refuted...
Which is from and based upon the decisions of men.

Are you a robot like hojo?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My belief is based on Scripture..which I quoted...which cannot be refuted...
BTW - I just refuted it.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you referred me to a Greek Bible...if you can't read Greek, how do you know what it teaches????
Other people who have mastery skills did the legwork for me -(thanks gents!)- why?

You are going off-topic.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
188 142
<quoted text>
Nothing veiled...you praised the Greek Bible as "the Bible" to read..yet you can't read Greek!!!!!????
How you figga???
Untrue.

I pointed you to the earliest known bibles for you to confer and understand that their printing is much earlier and more likely to not have the scribal errors, changed information, or rewrites, that later editions, like the NABRE or the KJV have.

I don't praise anyone except our Father - you know, the Creator of All?

Please don't put words into my mouth as if I stated them. That is lying, misleading and some would say, bearing false witness against others.

Please go into the closet and pray for forgiveness.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You slamming God shows your true colors....
Untrue again.

I slam your "God", because "He" is an abomination as per the ancient text.

You don't know much about your religion, huh?

Why do you limit your "God"?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have faith and trust in Benny Hinn, so be it. Would Jesus sport that kind of wardrobe, live in a mansion, and flash giant-size diamond rings? I think not.
~~~

If we look at the ring and the fancy duds ...there is no one on earth (that supposed to represent God ) the has more fanfare and showmanship then the pope..

I have not witnessed any one kissing The ring that Benny Hinn is wearing, or bowing down to him.

Neither have I seen him dressed in a as flashy-er garb as the pope and
the cardinals wear.

Rev Hinn doesn't wear a duck bill hat either., nor does he have the zillions of $000000000 at his disposal.

He has to depend upon freewill offerings and gifts from his followers, for His support.

The expenses of His ministry runs into the millions monthly..

Evidently there are those that believe Rev Hinn is for real, or they

would not support Him as they do...

He does not have all his expenses paid by a global organization..as the pope does...and he evidently does a far greater work and wins more souls that are saved and healed than the pope...
chuck

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Peters moment of Sainthood wasn't when he denied Christ, it was when was crucified upside down... for Christ.
how about the Christian who was killed a couple days ago in Hong Kong because he proclaim Christ as his savior?

not a saint because he wasn't crucified upside down for Christ?

You're a clown

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The above is from the NABRE of John 1:1.....Show me where it teaches Jesus is God....
If I may?
ISAIAH 9
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful,
Counsellor,
The mighty God,
The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
No one can define God.

Darn good insight Robert.

~~~

The Bible is the inerrant word of God, and not subject to either of your private evaluations.

It is the Book that all Christians, and sinners will be judged by....when they stand before God in the last day.

It is the ultimate standard that the lives of all man kind will be compared to/measured by...

BEST PAY HEAD TO IT...

THE HOLY SPIRIT DID NOT WRITE NOR DID HE INSPIRE A CATECHISM.

ONLY WHAT GOD HAS SPOKEN FORTH AND SENT HAS HIS APPROVAL ...

ALL ELSE IS HOG WASH...

Isa_55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Rev_20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

JESUS SAID

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

THERE IS NO OTHER WORDS THAT MAN HAVE CONJURED UP THAT IS SPIRIT AND LIFE

THE WORDS OF SPIRIT AND LIFE GIVEN/SPOKEN BY JESUS.... ARE THE ONLY WAY ONE DISCERNS/UNDERSTANDS ,WHAT IS FLESH/CARNAL AND WHAT IS OF THE SPIRIT.

Rom_8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

1Co_2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1Co_16:18 For they have refreshed my spirit and yours: therefore acknowledge ye them that are such.

1Pe_4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Peter's tomb discovered in Jerusalem --- because he never went to Rome.

www.biblelight.net/peters-jerusalem-tomb.htm
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way for Catholics to even think they refute the truth -- chant and attack all others.
Why are you in hated Protestant America instead of "spiritually superior" Catholic America to the south?
zzzzzzzzzzz
Wrong again "BS" which is par for the course with you!! I don't hate Protestants!! I was one for over 35 years and I still have many (common) Protestant "brothers and sister friends (in Christ) from those early years. We can "share out faith" with each other, sharing our common love, worship and reverence for Christ (openly) and still respect each others differences..... The blatant and hostile attacks on this forum have been intitiated from Protestants who come on this Catholic Forum to spread their "snake oil venom" of Protestant condemnation and judgement against other Christians (especially Catholics). The fact is bible only Protestantism (never has, nor ever will be) able to stand on its own doctrine of believes without (having to attack) the Catholic Church and the VERIFIABLE BIBLICAL AND HISTORICAL TRUTH of 2000 years of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

325 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Rosa_Winkel 225,524
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min It aint necessari... 729,224
new developments in michael brown shooting 10 min Marc 1
Oscar Pistorius Judge will deliver verdict on..... 30 min Doctor REALITY 5
Tamilnadu ruled by Telugu kings Pallavas, choda... 33 min Dharma 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 37 min Doctor REALITY 599,505
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 39 min Rosa_Winkel 441,040
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 259,010
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr NFL Fanny 117,682