Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,471
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#417227 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My belief is based on Scripture..which I quoted...which cannot be refuted...
Which is from and based upon the decisions of men.

Are you a robot like hojo?

Albuquerque, NM

#417228 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - I just refuted it.

Albuquerque, NM

#417229 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you referred me to a Greek Bible...if you can't read Greek, how do you know what it teaches????
Other people who have mastery skills did the legwork for me -(thanks gents!)- why?

You are going off-topic.

Albuquerque, NM

#417230 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
188 142
<quoted text>
Nothing veiled...you praised the Greek Bible as "the Bible" to read..yet you can't read Greek!!!!!????
How you figga???
Untrue.

I pointed you to the earliest known bibles for you to confer and understand that their printing is much earlier and more likely to not have the scribal errors, changed information, or rewrites, that later editions, like the NABRE or the KJV have.

I don't praise anyone except our Father - you know, the Creator of All?

Please don't put words into my mouth as if I stated them. That is lying, misleading and some would say, bearing false witness against others.

Please go into the closet and pray for forgiveness.

Albuquerque, NM

#417231 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You slamming God shows your true colors....
Untrue again.

I slam your "God", because "He" is an abomination as per the ancient text.

You don't know much about your religion, huh?

Why do you limit your "God"?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#417232 Jan 21, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have faith and trust in Benny Hinn, so be it. Would Jesus sport that kind of wardrobe, live in a mansion, and flash giant-size diamond rings? I think not.
~~~

If we look at the ring and the fancy duds ...there is no one on earth (that supposed to represent God ) the has more fanfare and showmanship then the pope..

I have not witnessed any one kissing The ring that Benny Hinn is wearing, or bowing down to him.

Neither have I seen him dressed in a as flashy-er garb as the pope and
the cardinals wear.

Rev Hinn doesn't wear a duck bill hat either., nor does he have the zillions of $000000000 at his disposal.

He has to depend upon freewill offerings and gifts from his followers, for His support.

The expenses of His ministry runs into the millions monthly..

Evidently there are those that believe Rev Hinn is for real, or they

would not support Him as they do...

He does not have all his expenses paid by a global organization..as the pope does...and he evidently does a far greater work and wins more souls that are saved and healed than the pope...
chuck

Ashburn, VA

#417233 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Peters moment of Sainthood wasn't when he denied Christ, it was when was crucified upside down... for Christ.
how about the Christian who was killed a couple days ago in Hong Kong because he proclaim Christ as his savior?

not a saint because he wasn't crucified upside down for Christ?

You're a clown

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#417234 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The above is from the NABRE of John 1:1.....Show me where it teaches Jesus is God....
If I may?
ISAIAH 9
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful,
Counsellor,
The mighty God,
The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

#417236 Jan 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
The Bible is not a book on logic, based on logic. And to jump from one scripture and then to another and presume you can do so, applying logic, is an intellectual pride.
The Bible has literal, figurative, and spiritual in natures with some overlapping....
No one can define God.
It is not a sin to try and understand God, rather to presume you can by logic.

Darn good insight Robert.

~~~

The Bible is the inerrant word of God, and not subject to either of your private evaluations.

It is the Book that all Christians, and sinners will be judged by....when they stand before God in the last day.

It is the ultimate standard that the lives of all man kind will be compared to/measured by...

BEST PAY HEAD TO IT...

THE HOLY SPIRIT DID NOT WRITE NOR DID HE INSPIRE A CATECHISM.

ONLY WHAT GOD HAS SPOKEN FORTH AND SENT HAS HIS APPROVAL ...

ALL ELSE IS HOG WASH...

Isa_55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Rev_20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

JESUS SAID

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

THERE IS NO OTHER WORDS THAT MAN HAVE CONJURED UP THAT IS SPIRIT AND LIFE

THE WORDS OF SPIRIT AND LIFE GIVEN/SPOKEN BY JESUS.... ARE THE ONLY WAY ONE DISCERNS/UNDERSTANDS ,WHAT IS FLESH/CARNAL AND WHAT IS OF THE SPIRIT.

Rom_8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

1Co_2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1Co_16:18 For they have refreshed my spirit and yours: therefore acknowledge ye them that are such.

1Pe_4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#417237 Jan 21, 2013

Peter's tomb discovered in Jerusalem --- because he never went to Rome.

www.biblelight.net/peters-jerusalem-tomb.htm
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#417238 Jan 21, 2013
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way for Catholics to even think they refute the truth -- chant and attack all others.
Why are you in hated Protestant America instead of "spiritually superior" Catholic America to the south?
zzzzzzzzzzz
Wrong again "BS" which is par for the course with you!! I don't hate Protestants!! I was one for over 35 years and I still have many (common) Protestant "brothers and sister friends (in Christ) from those early years. We can "share out faith" with each other, sharing our common love, worship and reverence for Christ (openly) and still respect each others differences..... The blatant and hostile attacks on this forum have been intitiated from Protestants who come on this Catholic Forum to spread their "snake oil venom" of Protestant condemnation and judgement against other Christians (especially Catholics). The fact is bible only Protestantism (never has, nor ever will be) able to stand on its own doctrine of believes without (having to attack) the Catholic Church and the VERIFIABLE BIBLICAL AND HISTORICAL TRUTH of 2000 years of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church!

#417239 Jan 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again "BS" which is par for the course with you!! I don't hate Protestants!! I was one for over 35 years and I still have many (common) Protestant "brothers and sister friends (in Christ) from those early years. We can "share out faith" with each other, sharing our common love, worship and reverence for Christ (openly) and still respect each others differences..... The blatant and hostile attacks on this forum have been intitiated from Protestants who come on this Catholic Forum to spread their "snake oil venom" of Protestant condemnation and judgement against other Christians (especially Catholics). The fact is bible only Protestantism (never has, nor ever will be) able to stand on its own doctrine of believes without (having to attack) the Catholic Church and the VERIFIABLE BIBLICAL AND HISTORICAL TRUTH of 2000 years of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church!
~~~

YOU ARE AS FLAKY AS A SNOW STORM.

WE EVANGELICALS DID NOT CREATE THIS FORUM.

IF YOU ROMAN CATHOLIC ATTACKS WERE NOT DAILY AGAINST US

We would have no reason to defend the truth of GOD'S WORD against your conjecture.

Your pope is the one that has challenged us...

He repeated what other popes have said OVER THE CENTURIES.

HE SAID

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

NOTE -->

Rom 1:18 For -->the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; <--

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#417240 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow,
This is scripture;
1 Timothy 3 KJV
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
>>>>God was manifest in the flesh,
justified in the Spirit,
seen of angels,
preached unto the Gentiles,
believed on in the world,
received up into glory.

Oxbow,can't you see it?

It's not that complicated.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417241 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You should understand that you're adding to the Book of Revelation when you imply a 'government seal' or 'the Beast is the Roman Cathlic Church'.
The Beast was the evil Roman Empire that Catholics defeated and converted to Christianity. Catholicism didn't change after the conversion of Constantine. You been lied to if you believe Ellen White.
Anyway, thats not why I'm replying to this particular post.
Sunday was observed from the earliest possible moments of Christianity. It was NOT invented at the Council of Laodicia in 362 AD like your post above suggests.
I encourage you to watch this video if I am able to upload it..
The Catholic Mass
www.youtube.com/watch...
Did not these following people represent YOUR CHURCH so it is not the protestant church's at fault as you would like to claim.
Clay

United States

#417242 Jan 21, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
how about the Christian who was killed a couple days ago in Hong Kong because he proclaim Christ as his savior?
You're a clown
I guess I would be a clown if I really thought a person needed to be crucified to be a saint.
I don't think that though...so I'm not sure why you implied it.
Clay

United States

#417243 Jan 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
If we look at the ring and the fancy duds ...there is no one on earth (that supposed to represent God ) the has more fanfare and showmanship then the pope..
I have not witnessed any one kissing The ring that Benny Hinn is wearing, or bowing down to him.
Neither have I seen him dressed in a as flashy-er garb as the pope and
the cardinals wear.
Rev Hinn doesn't wear a duck bill hat either., nor does he have the zillions of $000000000 at his disposal.
He has to depend upon freewill offerings and gifts from his followers, for His support.
The expenses of His ministry runs into the millions monthly..
Evidently there are those that believe Rev Hinn is for real, or they
would not support Him as they do...
He does not have all his expenses paid by a global organization..as the pope does...and he evidently does a far greater work and wins more souls that are saved and healed than the pope...
Why WOULD Hinn be anything special. He is one in a million self proclaimed ministers who picked up a Bible and declared themselves an authority.

The Pope, on the other hand, is one of 265 who sat in Saint Peters chair as head of the Church Christ started.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417244 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I don't think its funny at all. Ellen white (inventor of the SDA idea) told you the Roman Catholic Church decided on Sunday in the year 362 at the command of Constantine.
Well, not so. Christians observed Sunday hundreds of yrs before that, for good reason too. Its what the Apostles taught.
Nope theses folks said so. Never read dear Ellens books but maybe I should.
We celebrate Sunday instead of Saturday, because the Catholic Church has transferred the sacredness from Saturday to Sunday at the council of Laodicea in the year of 364 AD." The Converts Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, from P. Geiermann, the work of Pope Pius X, on 1-25-1910
According to the Roman Catholic Church 'Sunday' is their distinct and distinguished mark of authority.
"Sunday is our mark of authority. The church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." The Catholic Record, London, Ontario, September 1, 1923
"The observance of Sunday by Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the (Catholic) Church." Plain Talk About the Protestantism of Today, by Monsignor Segur, p. 213
"But the Protestant mind does not seem to realize that in...observing the Sunday... they are accepting the authority of the spokesman for the church, the pope." Our Sunday Visitor, Catholic weekly, Feb. 5, 1950
"Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act... a mark of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters." Office of Cardinal Gibbons, through Chancellor C. F. Thomas, Nov. 11, 1895
Clay

United States

#417245 Jan 21, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
how about the Christian who was killed a couple days ago in Hong Kong because he proclaim
Christ as his savior?
You're a clown
You don't have to be Catholic to be a Saint. You just have to be in Heaven. There are plenty of non Catholics up there.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#417246 Jan 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
WE EVANGELICALS DID NOT CREATE THIS FORUM.
IF YOU ROMAN CATHOLIC ATTACKS WERE NOT DAILY AGAINST US
For "once" (and only once) you are correct!! You did not create this forum---but the fact is that you "came on" this Catholic forum, for "one purpose only"!! To attack, condemn and pass your (bible only) anti-catholic heretical judgment against (not only us Catholics) but against OTHER CHRISTIANS (even Protestants) who disagree with your interpretation (or better yet MISINTERPRETATION of the bible........Any Catholic attacks against you Protestants, have been intitiated and instigated by Protestants like you, who live and preach your "half-truth, half-heresy" Christianity (not to preach the (ecumentical) Gospel of Jesus, but to "degrade, rip, condemn and attack other Christians. I know the Protestant judgmental "game" (against Catholics) ALL TO WELL!...It is the "major part" of your bible only teaching, indoctrination and propaganda beliefs!!You CANNOT EXIST without it!!! Which has been proven, over and over and over again, on this forum by the comments you make.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417247 Jan 21, 2013
The WLC Team firmly believes that the end of all things will be in the next few years. In Daniel and Revelation we have been given many details warning about the end to prevent any from being taken by surprise. Revelation 17:13 foretells that when John Paul II appears again (impersonated by one of Satan’s devils), all world leaders will grant him their power and authority. Sovereignty will be superseded by necessity. All nations will agree to global governance because of severe economic hardship and general chaos. This is why the current economic global crisis will continue to worsen, setting the stage for the beast power to extend its control as never before in its long history. After the re-emergence of Pope John Paul II, the revived beast power will employ every power within its reach to prevent Yahuwah’s people from observing the true seventh-day Sabbath. To this end, news is published which highlights the fulfillment of prophecies around us. We pray that this will help to awaken His people from their stupor, so that the needed repentance and conversion will be pursued

http://www.worldslastchance.com/prophecy-in-n...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Thetruth 229,916
what makes white men so goofy (Sep '08) 4 min Johnny 181
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min yon 602,161
Appjoy invite code (Apr '14) 15 min Dpud803 106
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min AussieBobby 261,624
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 46 min gunslinger 178
bhains ki chudai liaise ki........ (Feb '14) 1 hr Crazy Jaat 30
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 750,282
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 11 hr girls united states 125
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 11 hr girls united states 387

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE