Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
402,001 - 402,020 of 539,012 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#417197 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already answered the first question.
I have no way of knowing how many divine deities are there. Consider:
Deities of all kinds, throughout history, have been sort by many to assist them and others in all walks of life. From time beginning Gods and Goddess were/are worshipped and honoured, believing that by honouring these divine beings by way of prayer, perhaps gifts and rituals answers would be found and all would be well once again with the sun rising once more. Perhaps a good harvest would be produced, or a hunt would go well, or the answers on how to cure a sick person would found etc. Divine Deities were, in both ancient times and now, sought for guidance, answers in this reality, along with answers to the great mysterious of the world or attaining enlightenment.
You don't know how many divine deities there are? Don't Christians confess one divine deity?
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#417198 Jan 21, 2013
St Mussolini...

Every single Catholic here should pray to Saint Benito Mussolini and thank him for everything he did for his lapdog, the church.

Who knows where the RCC would be today with St. Bonito's gift?

"Who" say the deniers.

LMAO

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417199 Jan 21, 2013
182 071
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to with the Chinese eggs, but it is what Jesus was referring to in "John".
One could also surmise that if Jesus "saw Satan fall from the heavens" ("Luke"), it could also mean he was in Spirit form as well, witnessing this event occurring.
Jesus spoke of the Spirit - and did so, in all he spoke of. Nothing more, nothing less. And surely nothing to do with him "paying for our sins".
He spoke of the Spirit and how it transcends this world.
What else don't you know, that I can enlighten you upon?
When you want to address my post, I will respond:

Mt 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Does that mean that a man and woman whom God has joined together are the same person????!!!!! Is that person the man...or is that person the woman???!!!!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417200 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You should understand that you're adding to the Book of Revelation when you imply a 'government seal' or 'the Beast is the Roman Cathlic Church'.
The Beast was the evil Roman Empire that Catholics defeated and converted to Christianity. Catholicism didn't change after the conversion of Constantine. You been lied to if you believe Ellen White.
Anyway, thats not why I'm replying to this particular post.
Sunday was observed from the earliest possible moments of Christianity. It was NOT invented at the Council of Laodicia in 362 AD like your post above suggests.
I encourage you to watch this video if I am able to upload it..
The Catholic Mass
www.youtube.com/watch...
I never implied it. It was taken from You leaders archives of Catholic statements.......lol
Clay

United States

#417201 Jan 21, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Yea Boy that CATHOLIC BOOK of REVELATION is a tell all for sure. Has quite a bit to say about your Church as well. You need to read it sometime.
I read it just the other day thank you.
I don't see how your opinion on the book makes sense. In fact, I believe you added some ideology to Johns words.
When the Roman Catholic Church said the Book of Revelation is inspired by God and included it in the New Testament, they understood the previous wicked Roman Empire was the Whore of Babylon. They defeated them by converting them to Catholicism. Johns Prophecy came to pass.

Location hidden

#417202 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Really?
Stop and re-read your questions?
Do you think anyone on this planet has the capability of "knowing what God can or cannot do"?
If you do, you are deluded, lying, and just downright ignorant.
My post is not discussing God's capabilities...

You are skirting the answer to my question...

Does that mean that a man and woman whom God has joined together are the same person????!!!!! Is that person the man...or is that person the woman???!!!!

Location hidden

#417203 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Then why did you reply in the manner you spoke to me?
"Christ is not God".
Then you are not "Christian" if you believe this.
Welcome to my world, Rabbi!
DOH!!!
My belief is based on Scripture..which I quoted...which cannot be refuted...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417204 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
Try this one:
The Catholic Mass 155 AD
voobys.com/video/video.php...
<snicker>

Location hidden

#417205 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
No, Greek languange studies - just bits and pieces throughout my years, why?
Because you referred me to a Greek Bible...if you can't read Greek, how do you know what it teaches????

Location hidden

#417206 Jan 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
If God revelaed God as three distinct persons, then it is easily possible....All things are possible with God.
If one of the three distinct persons of God became a man, then a man may pray to God, and God may reveal His Will to the man.
No ifs about it...the Son of God, the second person in the Holy Trinity, came into this world as Jesus Christ. Lived about thirty years, was crucified, died, was buried, and rose again on the third day. Is now seated at the right hand of God...

He was, as the Bible says the Lamb of God: The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

The about Scripture says, emphatically, that Jesus is not God...

Location hidden

#417207 Jan 21, 2013
188 142
<quoted text>
But this question seems to be veiled in a guise.....a guise to discredit me.
Lay it on me Rabbi - I know you want to.....
what does this questions have to do with the forum's title?
A: nothing.
Nothing veiled...you praised the Greek Bible as "the Bible" to read..yet you can't read Greek!!!!!????

How you figga???

Location hidden

#417208 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Even after you post this, you still think your "God" is exclusive?
Interesting.
You slamming God shows your true colors....

Location hidden

#417209 Jan 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know how many divine deities there are? Don't Christians confess one divine deity?
You did not ask "Don't Christians confess one divine deity?"
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417210 Jan 21, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi 7th how is your weather, this is what we are looking forward to
right now it is 31% below zero
Wind chill warning in effect.
Tonight A few flurries ending early this evening then cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries.
Becoming partly cloudy after midnight. Wind northeast 20 km/h. Low minus 27.
Wind chill minus 38. TuesdayA mix of sun and cloud.
Becoming sunny in the afternoon. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light in the morning. Temperature steady near minus 27. Wind chill minus 41.
35 degrees here and tonight the low is expected to be a low of 14 degree. Tesday 28 high and 29 low. I reckon we are having a heat wave compared to you guys.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#417211 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
In the video
Notice that the day of observance is Sunday.
The Eucharist is the real presence of Jesus Christ and not a symbol.
You see that the Catholic Mass in 155 AD is the same Catholic Mass that we have 1,900 yrs later.
Where did Justin learn this from?
Well, we know Paul preached to hold steadfast to your traditions(2thess 2:15)and instituted the Mass(1cor 11:23-25).
Paul is also clear that whomever partakes in the Eucharist unworthily will be guilty of profaning the actual body and blood of Our Lord.(1cor 11:27)
Justin Martyr likely learned from someone who walked personally with the Apostle Paul and was ordained a Bishop by him.
Very nice video, Clay, thanks!

Here are some excerpts from St. Justin Martyr's First Apology, 155-157 B.C.
http://www.rosarychurch.net/consecration/just...
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#417212 Jan 21, 2013
155-157 A.D.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#417213 Jan 21, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
BIG D, You are incorrect again! Read my post again, I said Christian Charity. You do know that the government is not a Christian origination, right?
You are correct our government used to be Christian, we were successful then now we are in decay without hope.
Sad....
Catholic Girl

Linthicum Heights, MD

#417215 Jan 21, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct our government used to be Christian, we were successful then now we are in decay without hope.
Sad....
yes, sad. let's try and turn it around again. alittle kindness here and there never hurt. if we live our religion, perhaps others will notice how happy, peaceful life can be.
----

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#417216 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not an authority on Catholicism. Even so, if I state something I 'think'( but its outside of Church teaching ) its ok because I'm not serving in a teaching capacity but rather, I'm on a debate forum. Of course, I have a hunch I'm correct in the teaching, otherwise I wouldn't bother stating my opinion on it.
I wouldn't say Catholics 'fly the RCC wave by the seat of our pants'. Rather, I would say we have true faith in Jesus Christ and the Church He started.
You conspiracy 'Christians' have no true faith in Christ. You seem to think He was lying when He said, "I will be with you always until the end of the world".
You think He meant, "I will be with you sort of... but you won't really know my true will until a Bible can be printed and handed out to the regular folks, then you'll figure out on your own what I want"
Even more bizarre.. "some gnostics will come along and use part of this Bible, and add some other weird books and say its me talking....But don't worry, because THEY will have the correct faith, so listen to them"
heehee

Of course, uh-huh - Catholics always add qualifiers....and never an honest statement about the truth that men have given you what you believe.

"I'm not an authority on Catholicism. Even so, if I state something I 'think'( but its outside of Church teaching ) its ok because I'm not serving in a teaching capacity but rather, I'm on a debate forum."

What you state is an expression of "Self". Which is not in any religion, but exists.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God".

Nowhere does it say, to know a certain religion is to know the kingdom of "God", now does it?

*sighs*

Jesus is probably saddened too.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#417217 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not ask "Don't Christians confess one divine deity?"
I just did. Don't they? Do you know any that don't?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Stuart Cudahy 733,090
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Thinking 226,367
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Dr_Zorderz 258,008
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 42 min bacon hater 94,676
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Stephania 599,962
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr Naveen kumar 1,108
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 2 hr Falcon 751
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr Blck 106
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••