Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,632
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Nov 08

usa

#417074 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for starters, sacred tradition came before the Christian scriptures. Not a single thing from the New Testament was written down for the first 20 or so yrs of Christianity. That's a long time for a Church to function.... unless they had the Holy Mass and Sacraments.
We know that during the Holy Mass ( a sacred tradition) writings of the Apostles were eventually read as well as the Hebrew books of the OT. Also, writings of the Apostolic fathers, like Clement an Ignatius were read too.
300 yrs later, the Roman Catholic Church decided to put together an official canon. They held councils and infallibly declared the current 27 books to be sacred scripture.
You see, it took sacred tradition and the teaching Magistrium of the Catholic Church to put together a Bible.
Remember Jethro, Christ never commanded a Bible be established for His Ministry, only a Church.
The Apostles clearly organized a hierarchy of Bishops, Priests and Deacons.
have to disagree with you history tells us that the catholic church was started by a pagan/christian emporer who put together a group of 100 scholared men together,combined paganism and christianity together to create the catholic church,why else would they use pagan dates and symbols and change the commandments to fit both religions? and what sacred traditions that are devine came before christianity? christianity is based on a one god theory and no one is to come inbetween that god and man,the catholic church has it put together the bible but it does not follow it's teachings,it commits acts of autrocity that does not follow the teachings of a god that supposedly loves us.the church is seriously fallible and the true church would not be fore god/jesus is infallible and no man can come between god and his children except jesus the true leader/head of the church.(if it exists)i asked for scriptural proof didn't get it,maybe because there is none that supports the churches claim? and why would constantine order books to be burned? what was it that he wanted hidden from the world? the truth maybe?
aussiejohn

Madrid, Spain

#417075 Jan 21, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your video here does not make me think that RC mass is the only way to go here.The Pope is shown in the final scene holding the Monstrance.But the Words written do not point to a final RC end,but a sacrament of truth all believers in Christ share,"This do in remembrance of Me."
Given the amount of abuse the popes have chosen to ignore for so long, you wonder whether they actually can read latin. Maybe they only think of what Jesus would want during the performance of rituals, then the rest of the day they...?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#417077 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying one day the 'Church will be no more'??
Good luck with that Jethro. Christ promised the "gates of hell shall not prevail"
This includes the Jethros and free minds of the world.
the gates of hell shall not prevail,but islam will, they take their religion very seriously and for the church to say something against them,well you have heard about the churches being blown up in africa?it's only the begining. if the catholic church is gods church,how come he is doing nothing to stop it??
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#417076 Jan 21, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your video here does not make me think that RC mass is the only way to go here.The Pope is shown in the final scene holding the Monstrance.But the Words written do not point to a final RC end,but a sacrament of truth all believers in Christ share,"This do in remembrance of Me."
How is that possible Pad? And who is to be considered 'all believers anyway'?
Some of you say Christ is not God. Some of you completely removed all form of communion from your celebrations.
And how can you even call it a 'sacrament of truth' when you deny that it is really Christ?

Look, i think you feel your faith and relationship with Christ is threatened by the RC claims.
Remember Pad, Catholics are not the ones saying you or anyone else is going to hell for not being Catholic.
However, your team says Catholics are going to hell because our Pope is the anti Christ; we worship Mary; we worship statues;We changed the word of God; we are not born again...etc etc
That is why we are on this board. Its not to convert you to Catholicism. Its to confront the slander spread about the Church.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#417078 Jan 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>have to disagree with you history tells us that the catholic church was started by a pagan/christian emporer who put together a group of 100 scholared men together,combined paganism and christianity together to create the catholic church,why else would they use pagan dates and symbols and change the commandments to fit both religions? and what sacred traditions that are devine came before christianity? christianity is based on a one god theory and no one is to come inbetween that god and man,the catholic church has it put together the bible but it does not follow it's teachings,it commits acts of autrocity that does not follow the teachings of a god that supposedly loves us.the church is seriously fallible and the true church would not be fore god/jesus is infallible and no man can come between god and his children except jesus the true leader/head of the church.(if it exists)i asked for scriptural proof didn't get it,maybe because there is none that supports the churches claim? and why would constantine order books to be burned? what was it that he wanted hidden from the world? the truth maybe?
Constantine had no authority on Catholic teachings!!

Man, you think after 300 yrs of being killed and tortured by the Roman Empire; when 30 + Popes were slaughtered, that they would suddenly hand Constantine the keys? Heck no.

There is no evidence Constantine influenced Catholicism in such a way. None. The whole idea is made up by fanatics a couple hundred yrs ago. They have zero evidence..
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417079 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully remind you that you do not get to dictate what Gods word is saying.
Don't take this truth as an insult. I'm sure you are trying to be the best Christian you can. But the Holy Bible does not belong to for interpretation.
Also, ironically, you just put yourself on a pedestal by claiming you're a Saint.
Chuck, I read about Saints. I've come to know them thru historical writings. I've seen their fruits they left behind.
You sir are no saint!!
First...God said I'm a saint

Second..the Apostle Paul use to kill Christians. Where do you put him on your pedestal?

Third...you read catholic information about saints and not God's Word.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417080 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully remind you that you do not get to dictate what Gods word is saying.
1 Corithians 1:2 To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ

**What is God's Word saying...help me interpret.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417081 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You sir are no saint!!
Peter denied Christ 3 times. How is he any better than today's Christians?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#417082 Jan 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Corithians 1:2 To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
**What is God's Word saying...help me interpret.
Sure.

You are not part of the Church of God in Corinth. You don't believe what they believed. That means you are not one of the saints St. Paul referred to.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#417083 Jan 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
First...God said I'm a saint
Second..the Apostle Paul use to kill Christians. Where do you put him on your pedestal?
Third...you read catholic information about saints and not God's Word.
I not only read Gods word, I heard it at the Holy Mass where it comes alive.
You guys are on the outside looking in, trying to understand the Bible using your own intuition.

When Martin Luther added a word to the Bible (Alone) in Rom 3:28, your sola fide teaching took off into infinity. Its false.

Again, you are no authority on the Bible. Even if you mean well, you can't dictate Christianity using the Books the Holy Catholic Church said are valid. Why?
Because the group that said they are valid gets to define why. They get to define what 'word of God' means. They get to interpret the meanings because they were there the day it was taught verbally.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417084 Jan 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.
You are not part of the Church of God in Corinth. You don't believe what they believed. That means you are not one of the saints St. Paul referred to.
"with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ"

**plus the passage says saints in Corinth...those who put their faith in Christ. Folks other than the list in the catholic vault.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417085 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are on the outside looking in, trying to understand the Bible using your own intuition.
When Martin Luther added a word to the Bible (Alone) in Rom 3:28, your sola fide teaching took off into infinity. Its false.
Again, you are no authority on the Bible. Even if you mean well, you can't dictate Christianity using the Books the Holy Catholic Church said are valid. Why?
Because the group that said they are valid gets to define why. They get to define what 'word of God' means. They get to interpret the meanings because they were there the day it was taught verbally.
I missed your answer about Paul....
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#417086 Jan 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the gates of hell shall not prevail,but islam will, they take their religion very seriously and for the church to say something against them,well you have heard about the churches being blown up in africa?it's only the begining. if the catholic church is gods church,how come he is doing nothing to stop it??
Really?
Man, we are damned if we do and damned if we don't in the court of Jethro's opinion.
We were successful in stopping Muslim advances at the Crusades....and you trash us for this.
Now, we haven't done anything in response to Muslims blowing up Churches (again), and you trash us...
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#417087 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
...also, Chuck, you don't even know if those books are valid. You're relying on the authority of the Roman Catholic Church that said the Books are authentic AND to be considered Sacred Scripture.

Yrs later, a rogue Priest invented an idea that those books were all that is revealed about Christianity.(Nevermind that the religion fuctioned without one for almost 400 yrs)...Do you really believe that nonsense, Chuck?
If so, where does Christ say He is establishing a Bible and not a Church to be the authority on Christianity.
If its a Bible you say, then who is the authority to interpret it?
If you say the Holy Spirit is, then which on of you 42,000 is the Holy Spirit guiding to truth???
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#417088 Jan 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed your answer about Paul....
What about Paul? I don't know what you're trying to imply.

Do I think Paul is a Saint - even though he murdered Christians?

Of course. He repented and went to his own death for Christ.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417089 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Paul? I don't know what you're trying to imply.
Do I think Paul is a Saint - even though he murdered Christians?
Of course. He repented and went to his own death for Christ.
I never killed anyone so how is he a saint and I'm not. We both have repented of our sins and put our faith in Christ.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417090 Jan 21, 2013
053 972 946 857
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should use a Bible that is more closer to the events.
http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript.... Query&book=34&chapter= 16&lid=en&side=r&v erse=8&zoomSlider=0
I don't use the NABRE....I refer to it to show Catholics what they are not following that is being taught by their pope approved Bible...

I use the KJV....
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#417091 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying one day the 'Church will be no more'??
Good luck with that Jethro. Christ promised the "gates of hell shall not prevail"
This includes the Jethros and free minds of the world.
I agree with you.

The RCC will continue for eons, but it will never have the power and influence it welded 500 to 1000 years ago. It will also be almost unrecognizable to today's Catholics in another 100 years.

It is an antiquated, corrupt institution.

There are no more Catholic-majority world powers. China does not recognize the Vatican. Countries are questioning old Concords.

After 2000 years, the RCC might claim 5% of humanity as real, practicing Catholics.

On the surface, 5% may not appear like much, but for a fraudulent impostor, 5% isn't so bad.

Of course it would be terrible if the absurd one-true claim were remotely true, but events say it's not. So 5% and falling is about right.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417092 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
...also, Chuck, you don't even know if those books are valid. You're relying on the authority of the Roman Catholic Church that said the Books are authentic AND to be considered Sacred Scripture.
Yrs later, a rogue Priest invented an idea that those books were all that is revealed about Christianity.(Nevermind that the religion fuctioned without one for almost 400 yrs)...Do you really believe that nonsense, Chuck?
If so, where does Christ say He is establishing a Bible and not a Church to be the authority on Christianity.
If its a Bible you say, then who is the authority to interpret it?
If you say the Holy Spirit is, then which on of you 42,000 is the Holy Spirit guiding to truth???
Ok then Clay..quit beating around the bush and interpret this for me. I'm not saying you have the authority..I just want your interpretation.

1 Corithians 1:2 To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with ALL those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417093 Jan 21, 2013
056 002 952
ReginaM wrote:
God said it...Christ seconded it...
Quote: He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

The Sacred Word of God from the KJV...

Any Scripture that is interpreted as saying the opposite shows a Bible that contradicts itself...that is impossible.. the Word of God is infallible...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min onemale 263,402
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min ChristineM 763,476
what the best in this store ?? https://awesome.... 12 min MURAD 1
what the best model of this wrist watches 16 min MURAD 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min BenAdam 603,524
Moses never existed 49 min Hidingfromyou 521
Do you want to earn money from home? Believe me... 1 hr cesar1988 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 175,006
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 9 hr woody934 136

Top Stories People Search