Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 544,818
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“The wicked are not smart”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#416980 Jan 20, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! I'm enjoying the memes, and have some particularly good ones bookmarked for the delightful folks on this board.
Glad to have you here!
Hi Regina!
Some of those memes are great. I'm glad you are thinking to put them to good use! LOL

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#416981 Jan 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"willing to learn"
lol. Now that is the funniest thing you ever uttered on here. You honestly think there will be a point when any of you guys say, "gee sola scripture really wasn't taught".
Heck no. You're going to your grave holding on to that false teaching that you consciously know is wrong.
Its called ignorance Ox. And you guys can't exist without it.
Clay wrote: Its in scripture Ox.

So your "its in scripture" is nothing but hot air.....know why?? Because there is no such....

Location hidden

#416982 Jan 20, 2013
972 946 857
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Sorry. You have quoted something from somewhere, I know not....
NABRE
John 1:1
"In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God."....
John 1:14
"And the Word became flesh
and made his dwelling among us,
and we saw his glory,
the glory as of the Father’s only Son,
full of grace and truth."
Thus, the Word was God and became flesh.
There is nothing of Hellenistic Philosophy, except the use of Greek as the language, nor is there any reference to Proverbs.
Word was God....Was in this case "As the definite or prepositive article (to be distinguished from the postpositive article — as it is called when it has the force of a relative pronoun, like the German der, die, das, examples of which use are not found in the N. T.), whose use in the N. T. is explained at length by Winers Grammar,§§ 18-20; Buttmann, 85 (74ff); (Green, p. 5ff). As in all languages the article serves to distinguish things, persons, notions, more exactly, it is prefixed"
and since the word "Was" has no modifer....
"to substantives that have no modifier; and those that designate a person or a thing that is the only one of its kind; the article thus distinguishes the same from all other persons or things...."
In short The Word was God, means the Word was God....
Similarly if we say, The Word is God, it means the Word is God.
It does not mean was becoming, or is becoming....
The NABRE is the New American Bible Revised Edition...

Location hidden

#416983 Jan 20, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Sorry. You have quoted something from somewhere, I know not....
NABRE
John 1:1
"In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God."....
John 1:14
"And the Word became flesh
and made his dwelling among us,
and we saw his glory,
the glory as of the Father’s only Son,
full of grace and truth."
Thus, the Word was God and became flesh.
There is nothing of Hellenistic Philosophy, except the use of Greek as the language, nor is there any reference to Proverbs.
Word was God....Was in this case "As the definite or prepositive article (to be distinguished from the postpositive article — as it is called when it has the force of a relative pronoun, like the German der, die, das, examples of which use are not found in the N. T.), whose use in the N. T. is explained at length by Winers Grammar,§§ 18-20; Buttmann, 85 (74ff); (Green, p. 5ff). As in all languages the article serves to distinguish things, persons, notions, more exactly, it is prefixed"
and since the word "Was" has no modifer....
"to substantives that have no modifier; and those that designate a person or a thing that is the only one of its kind; the article thus distinguishes the same from all other persons or things...."
In short The Word was God, means the Word was God....
Similarly if we say, The Word is God, it means the Word is God.
It does not mean was becoming, or is becoming....
And...you are not answering my question..

Quote: If Christ be God....why did He say:
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Why did He not know of "that day and hour"????

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#416984 Jan 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And...you are not answering my question..
Quote: If Christ be God....why did He say:
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Why did He not know of "that day and hour"????
Oxbow

This is the first time you asked....

But it is obvious. There are about 100 trillion connections in the human brain. When God emptied himself out to become a human, he necessarlily limited himself to the human brain. And so the time and date of everything and events in the universe cannot be held in a human brain.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#416985 Jan 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
972 946 857
<quoted text>
The NABRE is the New American Bible Revised Edition...
Oxbow

I know.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416986 Jan 20, 2013
You fool me not wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an ex-Catholic and yet, you continue to visit these Catholic threads. For a long time now, I have been reading many of your posts and I have no doubt about your true motives.
You keep coming back in order to:
1- Bash the Church in an attempt to keep others from possibly joining the Church and therefore add to the number of haters of the Church. You do this in order to mitigate the guilt you feel for abandoning the true Church (you do know in your heart that Catholicism is the truth but you have chosen yourself over God).
2- You seek sympathy from other haters such as yourself because you want to be perceived as a victim and the Church as a monster. Of course, you do this in a futile effort to validate your contempt for the Catholic Church.
“I don't care what anyone says”
There you have it. You have decided that you WILL NOT listen to the truth because you are too proud and rebellious.
I can only feel sorry for you. You have chosen the path that leads to destruction.
Like other Roman Catholics here -- all "bashed" by "haters."

I see your problem.

How dare anyone dispute the claim of 'one-true' spiritual superiority? It's crazy -- they ask for historical, real-life evidence beyond 'because we say so.'

Great Catholic post above. It speaks pointedly to that Catholic perfect teaching thing.

TRUTH, JUSTICE, REFORMATION AMERICA :o)
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416987 Jan 20, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you have a broken line in the catholic church,as far as the papacy is concerned,the chair was bought and paid for Pope Benedict IX by his father,how holy is that??
Facts confuse them.

Links make them angry.

The price of spiritual superiority.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#416988 Jan 20, 2013
You fool me not wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an ex-Catholic and yet, you continue to visit these Catholic threads. For a long time now, I have been reading many of your posts and I have no doubt about your true motives.
1- Bash the Church in an attempt to keep others from possibly joining the Church and therefore add to the number of haters of the Church. You do this in order to mitigate the guilt you feel for abandoning the true Church (you do know in your heart that Catholicism is the truth but you have chosen yourself over God).
2- You seek sympathy from other haters such as yourself because you want to be perceived as a victim and the Church as a monster. Of course, you do this in a futile effort to validate your contempt for the Catholic Church.
There you have it. You have decided that you WILL NOT listen to the truth because you are too proud and rebellious.
I can only feel sorry for you. You have chosen the path that leads to destruction.
You're a bit incorrect. I come here to try to understand how in the world I ever believed in some of the obvious nonsense grown men teach! All I can come up with was I was a kid, my Dad was dying and I was very vulnerable. Needed something to cling to. I WILL listen to truth if I find any here. As for me choosing the path that leads to destruction - are you saying all non-Catholics have chosen that? If you are, you are way out of line. There are many, many pious and good non-Catholics. As I've said countless times before, when I was young I never questioned. Now I surely do! I will state true motives any and every time. I haven't a thing to hide. In fact, I have a few nice memories. Do you honestly believe your church has the "fullness of truth?" It does NOT. I don't think you're a bad person for believing it, I just think your religion is in error in many ways.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#416989 Jan 20, 2013
More - Do I come here to keep others from joining? Hell, no! I'm a truthseeker and a realist. Believe what you want. Some of the stuff I see posted here makes me realize some folks are just stuck on stupid. THEY are the ones who will not consider TRUTH. When a person refuses to open their mind and consider alternate viewpoints, it's called "brainwashed". They are the ones to feel sorry for.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416990 Jan 20, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the church doesn't lie? they lied about the extent of the abuse,they lied about laundering money,and they lied about bank fraud,there lying about being the true church,they lie about the traditions that exist only within the catholic church,show me one shred of proof that i'm wrong in all i just stated.
Facts confuse them.

You could post 100 links, it will mean nothing.

The cult will continue to chant "All 6783 Popes have been perfect in every way and anything to the contrary is just rumor, forgery, hatred, nah, nah, nah..."

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#416991 Jan 20, 2013
You fool me not wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the RCC are horrible, wicked and downright cruel with your gay-bashing. Responsible for countless acts of violence against them. And you feel justified, don't you? You should be ashamed of spreading your hatred/homophobia. Look what it does to people!
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416992 Jan 20, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
More - Do I come here to keep others from joining? Hell, no! I'm a truthseeker and a realist. Believe what you want. Some of the stuff I see posted here makes me realize some folks are just stuck on stupid. THEY are the ones who will not consider TRUTH. When a person refuses to open their mind and consider alternate viewpoints, it's called "brainwashed". They are the ones to feel sorry for.
Ex-Catholic here.

Imagine! They believe the world media, banking authorities in the USA and EU, greedy lawyers for orphans and deaf children -- are all plotting against them.

We are here trying to destroy the Church.

Harmlessly goofy, but with a creepy side too me thinks.

We just need to accept their spiritual superiority -- as displayed here every day :o)
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#416993 Jan 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I take this that you were asking a question Oxbow.
Look LTM, here's yours and the buffoon Oxbow's problem; you both claim the bible and only the bible is your rule of faith, then you both claim to be led by the Holy Spirit unto all truth when you read it. He says the Holy Spirit guided truth he gets from the bible is that Jesus is NOT God. How can you say he's wrong when it's the "Holy Spirit" telling him this?
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#416994 Jan 20, 2013
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Like other Roman Catholics here -- all "bashed" by "haters."
I see your problem.
How dare anyone dispute the claim of 'one-true' spiritual superiority? It's crazy -- they ask for historical, real-life evidence beyond 'because we say so.'
Great Catholic post above. It speaks pointedly to that Catholic perfect teaching thing.
TRUTH, JUSTICE, REFORMATION AMERICA :o)
And "Jesus Approved" slaughter of 55 million innocents....
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#416995 Jan 20, 2013
You fool me not wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am not Regina, although I admire her for standing up for the Church Christ founded.
"The preaching of ministers should be examined by the Scriptures".
By whom??? Under who's authority? Who determines who has such authority?
"Every preacher should expect his doctrines to be examined in this way, and to be rejected if they are not in accordance with the Word of God".
But according to you people, every person is their own authority to interpret the Bible. Who decides who's interpretation is wrong and who's is right?
U Sho Nuf Is Purdy !!!!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#416996 Jan 20, 2013
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts confuse them.
You could post 100 links, it will mean nothing.
The cult will continue to chant "All 6783 Popes have been perfect in every way and anything to the contrary is just rumor, forgery, hatred, nah, nah, nah..."
Another Protestant Reformation USA and Jesus approved dogma; The Internet Never Lies....

Lol.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416997 Jan 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And "Jesus Approved" slaughter of 55 million innocents....
Yes, according to the Second Secret of Fatima.

About that many died in World War, all ordered up by Jesus.

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."

Creepy stuff.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416998 Jan 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Protestant Reformation USA and Jesus approved dogma; The Internet Never Lies....
Lol.
No one said that. You are being goofy again.

Mexico City is calling you. Live out your life in a morally superior Catholic society.

Terrible, awful Reformation America doesn't deserve you. Go where most churches are TRUE, like you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#416999 Jan 20, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, are you a follower of Benny Hinn? You gotta be kidding! He's the biggest phony going!
~~~

I am a follower of Jesus Christ..

Since Benny Hinn is evidently standing between Anthony and God...

That means He is closer to God than Anthony is.

I don't see Benny Hinn attempting to claim a franchise or a monopoly on the Kingdom of God...even though He was raise as a Roman Catholic.

He ministers healing to them as well as the protestants. All that attend his meetings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 743,281
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min ChristineM 228,516
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Clearwater 174,180
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 26 min Johnny 3,346
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 38 min Stiff N clean 260
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 43 min AussieBobby 260,119
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 601,380

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE