Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,089)

Showing posts 401,761 - 401,780 of530,172
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony this is true from Oxbow
Excellent.

Now I'm sure Antony will be a man and admit he made a clearly (well-documented) mistake.

He would never try to justify by pointing fingers at others.

Come on Ant. We're rooting for you.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: Protestants confuse historical and biblical "proven and authenticated FACT" from over 2000 years of verifiable Catholic TRUTH with their own "made up" anti-catholic fictitious Church history and bible only--legends and myths. Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church has, is and will continue to stand on its own "PROVEN" History from Historian documented writers, Apologist authors (both Catholic and Protestant) and over 2000 years of the biographies of the Lives of the Saints in the Early Church. The Catholic Church has consistently taught and proclaimed "moral truth". Just because the Catholic Church teaches that adultery is wrong, stealing is wrong, sexual abuse is wrong, doesn't guarantee that a small "handful" of its priests won't stray and commit sin. The fact is that Protestant clergy abuse equals or exceeds that of Catholic Clergy.
dannimoss.wordpress.com/clatholicclergy
Sexual abuse of Children by Protestant ministers
reformation.com
Sexual abuse in Protestant Churches more than in Catholic Church
suite101.com/articles/sex-abuse-in-the-protes...
Jesus Christ established, initiated and formed His One True Church
"to save sinners" of which we all are guilty
I suggest that you "clean your Protestant pot of pollution before you continue calling the Catholic kettle Black.
You "bible only" Protestants have (definitely "got it" all right!!
It'S s called judgemental and condemning "HYPOCRICY"!!
Hojo -- both links are from opinion sites and neither link works.

Besides, that's the same old 3rd grade excuse-whining. "The other boys did it too, why pick on me?"

Because you claim you are better than they, little hojo.

Grow up. You have zero proof and real-life says that the claim is absurd. You are no more spiritually superior than Cardinal Law.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow , Jesus is the word , and the word was God.
All things came into being through Him, this makes Jesus God the creator. Gen.1 :1 In the beginng God created the Heavens and the earth.
I take this that you were asking a question Oxbow.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you NOT care?
You claim spiritual superiority because you possess perfect and infallible teachings.
DUH!!!!!!!!! So why don't you know what they are?
Every time anyone points out how "perfect teachings" have proven to be wrong, or have changed completely -- you and others claim they are not "official" teachings or whatever.
Stop being so goofy. If anyone else claimed to have "perfect teaching on morals," YOU would surely say "show me."
Ahhhh, get it yet?
Why would I comb over every single teaching to find out if its infallible? I don't understand you.

The CC is the one started by Christ. It was there in every decade since Jesus. I trust in Christ by trusting in the Church He left us.
I have not found them in error on any teaching. Then again, the only way I could try to find them in error, is to use their Bible against them - with my own personal opinion on it. That not right. its a sin.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
All things came into being through Him, this makes Jesus God the creator. Gen.1 :1 In the beginng God created the Heavens and the earth.
Ah, so the light bulb finally went on, did it?

Anthony just saved you from falling into error....again.
We went through this with you the last time Ox was here.
Now I'm sure you'll be big enough and do the right thing by thanking Anthony for looking out for your soul.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

You fool me not wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am not Regina, although I admire her for standing up for the Church Christ founded.
"The preaching of ministers should be examined by the Scriptures".
By whom??? Under who's authority? Who determines who has such authority?
"Every preacher should expect his doctrines to be examined in this way, and to be rejected if they are not in accordance with the Word of God".
But according to you people, every person is their own authority to interpret the Bible. Who decides who's interpretation is wrong and who's is right?
But WHY does the RCC think it is the only religion authorized to properly interpret scriptures? Look at how they twist "...and Mary did not know Joseph til..." and YES, they've twisted the meaning of that, I don't care what anyone says. They're interested only in ruling and controlling, and they're WRONG about many things.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

You fool me not wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am not Regina, although I admire her for standing up for the Church Christ founded.
"The preaching of ministers should be examined by the Scriptures".
By whom??? Under who's authority? Who determines who has such authority?
"Every preacher should expect his doctrines to be examined in this way, and to be rejected if they are not in accordance with the Word of God".
But according to you people, every person is their own authority to interpret the Bible. Who decides who's interpretation is wrong and who's is right?
Thanks! I'm enjoying the memes, and have some particularly good ones bookmarked for the delightful folks on this board.

Glad to have you here!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo -- both links are from opinion sites and neither link works.
Besides, that's the same old 3rd grade excuse-whining. "The other boys did it too, why pick on me?"
Because you claim you are better than they, little hojo.
Grow up. You have zero proof and real-life says that the claim is absurd. You are no more spiritually superior than Cardinal Law.
You can believe all the anti-catholic "trash sources" of pollution that what you want!! It makes "absolutely no difference" to me or any other Catholic on this forum. Go argue with your other) 42,000+ bible only inconsistent Protestant "half-truth half-heresy" beliefs. I'll stick to the historical and biblically PROVEN TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church. You can do what you want!! There is "nothing to discuss or debate"!
!
nott

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

truth wrote:
god can examine your heart as well heart of cow some as human too..Holy Spirit don't have border..but every Spirit is not holy..then who liked rest in cow.
Many incarnate do what ever and so ever..now why you jealous over catholic as well other Christians
i don't know..but you need know we as Catholic believe
on the end unite of all saints as well Christ believers.
i hope you will explain word incarnate..
I saw Gods image in a bowl of fruitloops.......OMG!!!!!!
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You can believe all the anti-catholic "trash sources" of pollution that what you want!! It makes "absolutely no difference" to me or any other Catholic on this forum. Go argue with your other) 42,000+ bible only inconsistent Protestant "half-truth half-heresy" beliefs. I'll stick to the historical and biblically PROVEN TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church. You can do what you want!! There is "nothing to discuss or debate"!
!
Hojo rants -- "nothing to discuss or debate"

I agree. You have no proof and only self-produced, biased "evidence."

The entire world looks at your evidence and says "no way."

Over 90% of practicing Catholics were born into the faith and had everything drilled into them since childhood.

Go for it, but never forget, this country was founded on Reformation ideals that you hate -- and even though you are free to leave for some Catholic "paradise," -- you refuse to leave.

Lots of talk, but zero walk.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't accept the truth Oxbow.
Its bibical, they don't believe what the bible says.
The catholic's wrote their own bible its called the catechism that is what they follow.
Which goes against Gods Holy Scriptures; yet they take credit for giving the bible to the world.
Hmmm still trying to figure that one out.
And they equate their "Magisterium and Tradition" to the Word of God...
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I comb over every single teaching to find out if its infallible? I don't understand you.
The CC is the one started by Christ. It was there in every decade since Jesus. I trust in Christ by trusting in the Church He left us.
I have not found them in error on any teaching. Then again, the only way I could try to find them in error, is to use their Bible against them - with my own personal opinion on it. That not right. its a sin.
Clay writes -- "Why would I comb over every single teaching to find out if its infallible?"

You wouldn't have to do so, if your church were honest and gave you a list.

Question? What kind of con artist claims to have "perfect teachings --- but when asked to tell us what these amazing teachings are -- the con artist asks "why?"

Answer: a lousy con artist, who few believe.

2000 years after Jesus supposed appointed this church to spread the faith and save souls -- fewer than 5% of humanity are PRACTICING Catholics.

So according to Clay and his superior church of Perfect Teachings -- saving 5% is a good job and the largest child sex-abuse scandal in world history means nothing, just a few bad apples.

Imagine if this BS were not drilled into people since early childhood!!!

No one would believe it.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
And the anger begins.
No worries Robert, the astonishment awaits you my friend.
If you let it.
Jesus said so, I believe him. Why don't you?
"King of the All".....Hmmmmm....sounds like fun!!
NASL

Sorry you are angry. I bear none. You must be confused if you think I am angry....

Truth, Beauty, Goodness. Transcendental qualities are the three legged stool.

Actually, God is All in all. But God is not Creation. God is the Creator. And that is where the three transcendental qualities which bring astonishment, not the Creation, but the Creator.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
*[1:1] In the beginning: also the first words of the Old Testament (Gn 1:1). Was: this verb is used three times with different meanings in this verse: existence, relationship, and predication. The Word (Greek logos): this term combines God’s dynamic, creative word (Genesis), personified preexistent Wisdom as the instrument of God’s creative activity (Proverbs), and the ultimate intelligibility of reality (Hellenistic philosophy). With God: the Greek preposition here connotes communication with another. Was God: lack of a definite article with “God” in Greek signifies predication rather than identification.

The above is from the NABRE of John 1:1.....Show me where it teaches Jesus is God....

And...if Christ be God....why did He say:
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Why did He not know of "that day and hour"????

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know anything about the Crystal Cathedral sale to the RCC,and I cannot speculate about it.But the biggest problem is that no matter what can be said in either exposing more of what has happened in the CC concerning child molestation.OR the fact that an organization is confessing and trying to do all it can to end the scandal.
Either way,the results of what is either to be unleashed imformation,or the burden of dealing with an internal malady within the system,The CC can only mover forward and deal with each thing as it unravels. The cheap attacks of people against the CC on a constant basis,is no longer desire to see justice served,but to destroy the organization,which cannot succumb to that barage,because of what it is basically founded on to begin with.
That is the organization is too big and complexed to tear it down with blind attacks about the moral fiber of the whole organization at large.
The scandall has been addressed and faced head on by not only the Catholic Church but all of Christianity.We all know and understand that once sin is exposed,it loses its power over human beings.The Catholic Church knows that it has to face up to whatever has been surfaced concerning some of its priests,and the same applies to every facet of Christianity.
That actually does not stop the predator,as he is driven by sexual passion,and a boy or girl is still at risk,if such a perpetrator exists in the church even now.Do we blame the whole organization for that one person?
Who knows who he is until he strikes? When he is found out,the Church now is going to act accordingly,we have to give them the time and space now to comply with dealing heavily with that offender. In other words,Sin has been exposed on a grand scale,NOW the church can work with God in disposing of it within the Sanctuary.We Christians must allow those perpetrators to be incarcerated and punished by law as well.
the perpertrators and those who protected them need to be punished for both are guilty of a crime,the pope needs to step down and face his punishment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

947 894
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its in scripture Ox. You just don't know how to head the Bible, that all.
Regardless though, you're not to decide what is scriptural or not. aren't you the fella that preaches that Christ is not God? Yet, you're a Christian??
Willing to learn.......Show me the Scripture of which you speak...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I create many things. You are just too closed minded to accept it.
Here is a simple one. I just created a moment. Oops there it went into the past. Here I'll create another.
This is nice.....*smiles*.....AAAAHHHH !!
NASL

Since you think of yourself as Self, I know you think you create....Ah, Gnosticism's arrogance....

How many atoms and galaxies did you create today?

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
http://stopbaptistpredators.or g/index.htm
wrong forum for this,you should be posting this on a forum about the baptist church not the catholic church,how does this help get to the truth about the catholic church being the true church?but nice attempt to deflect things away from the C. church.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I take this that you were asking a question Oxbow.
I did not write: Oxbow , Jesus is the word , and the word was God.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
947 894
<quoted text>
Willing to learn.......Show me the Scripture of which you speak...
"willing to learn"

lol. Now that is the funniest thing you ever uttered on here. You honestly think there will be a point when any of you guys say, "gee sola scripture really wasn't taught".
Heck no. You're going to your grave holding on to that false teaching that you consciously know is wrong.
Its called ignorance Ox. And you guys can't exist without it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 401,761 - 401,780 of530,172
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

370 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 min Aura Mytha 223,249
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min pusherman_ 716,794
Gold buyers Wanted 9 min Basten 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min Jim Justice 114,660
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 36 min Strength and Honor 171,462
Who really controls America and other Western c... 47 min The Awakener 47
Being Gay is not wrong! (Mar '07) 55 min yon 169
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 255,735
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 hr amy 63