Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,087)

Showing posts 401,721 - 401,740 of530,418
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

truth wrote:
We as Catholic Christian been teach many in great number as prosecution killing and exodus..but we are protector of soul too.
THE PROTECTOR is JESUS CHRIST, not any church.
I suppose you think that if you left romanism, you would be cursed, do you?

“The wicked are not smart”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on.
I don't bother posting much here any more due to the constant childishness and politics here.
However, THIS Christian will not allow your ridiculous comments to go unchallenged.
"Tell us where we're wrong', you said... Well:
praying to Mary is WRONG. Jesus never authorized anyone to pray to her.
"Mary is the Co-redeemer" WRONG. JESUS IS THE REDEEMER.
"Mary saves all whom Jesus rejects" WRONG. Jesus CLEARLY expressed that those who are ashamed of Him (unbelievers) He will cast out. Those who identify with Him (believers) He will in no wise cast out.
Mary saves no one.
JESUS SAVES.
"Mary was crowned queen of Heaven by God" WRONG. In fact, God detests the very term.
Purgatory is the first place Roman Catholics go upon their death to be cleansed of unconfessed sins before being allowed to enter Heaven" WRONG.
The Bible God gave us CLEARLY states, "It is appointed once for men to die, then the judgement".
Purgatory does not exist, either as a place, or a 'state of mind'... It is merely romanist fiction, invented by pope 'innocent 3d', and enforced in belief with threats of excommunication, imprisonment, and burning to death as heretics anyone who refused to believe his lies.
"The Church has seven sacraments" ... WRONG. Firstly, that term is not even mentioned in the Bible God gave us. ORDINANCES are, and there are TWO... the Lord's Table, and Baptism.
"Statuary is recognized and permitted in the Church".. WRONG.
God detests statuary, and in fact, the bible clearly warns against erection of them in the church or elsewhere, for the purposes of worship, adoration, etc... They are false gods, and no one is to kneel before them. The Bible tells us, Exo_20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Lev_26:1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.
Deu_29:17 And ye have seen their abominations, and their idols, wood and stone, silver and gold, which were among them
Psa_106:36 And they served their idols: which were a snare unto them.
Psa_115:4 Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
Psa_135:15 The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
Isa_2:8 Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:
Isa_2:18 And the idols he shall utterly abolish.
Isa_45:16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.
Hab_2:18 What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols?
Zec_10:2 For the idols have spoken vanity, and the diviners have seen a lie, and have told false dreams; they comfort in vain: therefore they went their way as a flock, they were troubled, because there was no shepherd.
Rev_9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
I could go on for months on end discussing this and how WRONG romanism is.
http://www.catholicmemes.com/quotes/things-je...

Jesus founded the Catholic Church; he didnít leave us the Bible.
The Bible is a product of the Catholic Church; God didnít throw it down on Earth from heaven.
Jesus did not give you, so-called Just_a_Christian, the official authority to interpret the Bible correctly and without error.
You are not your own pope or anybody else's pope. Your personal interpretation of the Bible is just it-personal. Itís not binding on you or anybody else.
Stop being so hateful and arrogant.
Please stop leading people astray and on the path to hell.

“The wicked are not smart”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
THE PROTECTOR is JESUS CHRIST, not any church.
I suppose you think that if you left romanism, you would be cursed, do you?

The Bible is a product of the Catholic Church; God didnít throw it down on Earth from heaven.
Jesus did not give you, so-called Just_a_Christian, the official authority to interpret the Bible correctly and without error.
You are not your own pope or anybody else's pope. Your personal interpretation of the Bible is just it-personal. Itís not binding on you or anybody else.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such website called "yougotquestions". LTM, you lack basic comprehension and grammar skills. I'm not wanting to be critical of you, but you have no business trying to read and understand the bible. And sadly you haven't been able to overcome your tendencies to lie. You are not trustworthy. There's really nothing you post here regarding your interpretation of scripture that any Christian should pay attention too.
gotquestions.org

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your wrong actually,if the priest is a man of God,devoted to the Lord Jesus Christ,and walking in the Spirit,he can be of great aid to any human being who seeks spiritual help from him.
so can anyone.

"If" is a big word when making speculative and opinions. Your view of spiritual help seems to be limited to just a select few.

Can you prove this to be exclusive? That's right, be a little more honest with yourself in this regard, Pad, and you'll understand a lot of what I say, will go right to the 'heart'.

How honest are you?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You have yet to explain this Jesus you believe in. You make statements all the time about how we do not understand what it is all about,as though you have some secret insight as to the true teachings of Christ? What are they?
List them,give to us a standard of truth you claim as to the REAL JEsus of your understanding.Who is this New Age Jesus you along with spiritualists believe in? There has to be some creed of faith on your part,you can list? 1-10 for starters. Even 5 of the most clear statements of your faith,spell it out. Give us something to ponder.
I appreciate you asking Pad. And I have posted my beliefs on this forum and others, many times. You've been here long enough to have seen vast amounts of praise for what Jesus taught, yet you still say, "sorry if you have decided that HE is not for you."
- a misconception on your part by far.
- Why would you say this anyhow? Did you miss something in my posts?

I'll break it down for you again, okay? When you are reading them, there is only one context - my belief in the RCC is not what the title states. There is another path, possibly many, and they doesn't go through the RCC or Christianity.

So when you are reading these personal annotations (as others will surely be), please be sure to COMBINE these beliefs into ONE belief, and not many factions (as "Robert" tends to believe).

This is like you and all of Christianity has put forth - a splintered Jesus of man's making showing the way - which has led you to fight amongst yourselves and others, and to see who is prominently on top.

Top of what? Of a personal belief? Yes Pad, you literally try to be more of a person than another is, just because of your belief. Believe me, you aren't any more special than the man sleeping in a side alley in NYC or one in a shelter, or even someone in the White House.

For you mind to grasp....

a. Man is fallible.

b. Men wrote the Bible - thus making it fallible.
- Unless you have something written by "God" exclusively?

c. Many men are inspired by "God", not just a handful chosen by men.
-If Jesus taught 12 disciples, then they all were inspired in different ways - thru a personal belief in "God".
- quite the paradox in some ways, unless one agrees that Self, our being/Spirit/consciousness is the focal reference of what was taught, then it all fits.
- Of course the Spirit has to be proven to exist, and I beleive it has - which also inclused "faith".

e. Jesus taught of how to reach the kingdom of "God".
- Yet his most profound statement is not included in your belief. Huh, image that?
- I have this "faith" in Jesus that it is true.

f. I believe that Jesus was a man who taught this philosophy, and not some man who rose in bodily form (your "Christ").
- the body is of a 'material' nature (bio-electrical mass). I don't believe that anything of the material nature (body) can enter this kingdom of "God". We can only RISE in Spirit form.
+ "faith" and "belief in Jesus" again is both portrayed here.

The rest of my beliefs, well, I have many more.

Funny isn't it, just like you, I get to believe what I may?

Wait - that is all Self, huh?

Are you honest to speak your beliefs?

Are you honest enough to "know your yourself"?

Thanks for responding.

Cheers!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
NASL
Why do you believe most men, like the guy who wrote the article?
He was just out to make a buck off of his books....
The so-called experts are out for a buck or a position.
This so-called movement to discredit the Bible started in the late 1800s. Unfortunately, recent discoveries as to how old some of the N.T. writings are, demonstrate their they were completely wrong.
No citations please. Opinions about opinions....What a way to try and discredit the Bible. You need to come up with something better....Lie upon lie, just for a buck....Sounds like the hypocrites and Judas....
And the anger begins.

No worries Robert, the astonishment awaits you my friend.

If you let it.

Jesus said so, I believe him. Why don't you?

"King of the All".....Hmmmmm....sounds like fun!!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
There is a difference between creating and making.
Have you created any atoms or photons today?
No, you have just rearranged them. That is making.
Basic law of the Universe...,matter and energy are neither created or destroyed, only transmutted....
I create many things. You are just too closed minded to accept it.

Here is a simple one. I just created a moment. Oops there it went into the past. Here I'll create another.

This is nice.....*smiles*.....AAAAHHHH !!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
Things Jesus Never Said:
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations
By writing a book and giving it to each individual
So that they can decide on their own, without consulting you,
All things that I have commanded you.
Things Jesus did say:

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:ĎLook, the kingdom is in the sky!í
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:ĎIt is in the sea,í then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

(5) Jesus says:

(1) "Come to know what is in front of you,
and that which is hidden from you will become clear to you.
(2) For there is nothing hidden that will not become manifest."

(6)

(1) His disciples questioned him,(and) they said to him:
" Do you want us to fast?
And how should we pray and give alms?
And what diet should we observe?"

(2) Jesus says: "Do not lie.(3) And do not do what you hate.
(4) For everything is disclosed in view of <the truth>.
(5) For there is nothing hidden that will not become revealed.
(6) And there is nothing covered that will remain undisclosed."

I like playing this game.

How honest are you?
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You can read about (all the exaggerated- blown-up and out-of-proportion "hype") and "so-called abuse cover-up" in the "National Inquirer weekly or just ask Confrinting, Michael, PAD, jethro8, LTM or any other, Catholic bashing (heretic and hypocrit) on this forum.
.....ANY of them will "fill you in" on their "anti-catholic" obscure and remote trash articles that they (dig-up)written by "hack writers" who lay away at might, trying to come up with some more of their "distorted and perverted" copy as they "unsuccessfully" attempt to undermine Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.....The fact is that "bible only Protestants" "throw out more whoppers than burger king" and are as "desperate as ever" and will "say anything and everything" resorting to more and more lying, manipulating, and distorting, by exaggerating and twisting the truth, in order to keep their 42,000+ bible only (boats) from sinking deeper and deeper into oblivian.
!!
The spiritually superior Catholic Hojo confuses faith with fact.

Like the title of this board -- the spiritually-superior one terms the faith of others as "whoopers."

Hojo, after 1600-2000 years -- the FACT is that your superior "Only-True" claim should stand up to historical, real world events and reality.

The REALITY is that the RCC has not lived or taught perfect morals.

The reality is that you live in a country founded on ideals that were (and some still are) very anti-Catholic. Your brothers live to the south. Why not enjoy the fruits of your superior moral teachings?

The spiritually-superior RCC doesn't walk its talk.

Why should Hojo?

We get it.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And God said: Mt 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased..
God did not say: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is me in whom I am well pleased..
If you want a learn about what was written, one must step outside the comfort of Christianity.

For a very good beginning point on textual criticism, you should read Bart Ehrman's book, "Misquoting Jesus", and then utilize that step in understanding the misconceptions of the Bible.

Good luck.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such website called "yougotquestions". LTM, you lack basic comprehension and grammar skills. I'm not wanting to be critical of you, but you have no business trying to read and understand the bible. And sadly you haven't been able to overcome your tendencies to lie. You are not trustworthy. There's really nothing you post here regarding your interpretation of scripture that any Christian should pay attention too.
Anthony, you don't conprehend the seriousness of calling a cow holy.
My grammer skills should be the least of your worry's.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

You fool me not wrote:
<quoted text>
Got it. Under the banner of spiritual-superiority, another RCC goofball claims the RCC "interprets the Bible correctly and without error."

OK goofball catholic, it's been a long time -- where's the beef?

What are the historical fruits of these perfect teachings?

Why do you live in a country founded on traditionally anti-catholic ideals?

Move south and enjoy your totalitarian catholic ethic in the real world.

No? Go figure?

“People say I look like him! ”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Hmm. So if the Roman Catholic Church is the only one true church...then what are all these buildings at every street corner with crosses on them doing there, and what is their purpose?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute truth from Scripture.....
They can't accept the truth Oxbow.
Its bibical, they don't believe what the bible says.
The catholic's wrote their own bible its called the catechism that is what they follow.
Which goes against Gods Holy Scriptures; yet they take credit for giving the bible to the world.
Hmmm still trying to figure that one out.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, you don't conprehend the seriousness of calling a cow holy.
My grammer skills should be the least of your worry's.
I agree with the person who posted the nut icon.

I am nuts for responding to anything anthony posts.
and a few others on here.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, it's strange reading a Catholic asking for links as back-up. Everything is easily found with a simple Google search. No problem. Wouldn't it be nice if BOTH sides used the same standards?!
Mary's words at Fatima, 1917:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Secrets_of...
"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."
Again, a simple search will show pages of supporting links, plus everything is footnoted.
RCC and diplomatic immunity:
Wikileaks caused a lot of press, especially in Ireland.
http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/27593
Of course you mmay view many sources as "anti-Catholic," but you can easily research to verify info. This link provides some history:
http://www.concordatwatch.eu/showtopic.php...
Look, it's already Monday in Australia!
"Archbishop used immunity in civil suit"
http://www.smh.com.au/world/archbishop-used-i...
Again, this is easy to confirm. You'll find news stories worldwide. Heck, I even provided a link from tomorrow (Australia).
Now for the excuses and denial -- exactly the opposite of what the RCC claims is needed for a "true confession."
I post these links because "official teaching" or not, these links show RCC fraud, lies, and immoral behavior -- at the institutional level.

These are not the sins of mere individuals. These are examples of institutional RCC fraud, lies, and immorality.

Spiritually and morally superior? Nope, BUSTED.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

You fool me not wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina is that you? nice pic lol.

The preaching of ministers should be examined by the Scriptures. Their doctrines are of no value unless they accord with the Bible. Every preacher should expect his doctrines to be examined in this way, and to be rejected if they are not in accordance with the Word of God.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

CommanderRiker wrote:
Hmm. So if the Roman Catholic Church is the only one true church...then what are all these buildings at every street corner with crosses on them doing there, and what is their purpose?
They are community centers and they don't do much.

That's why I'm amazed that the true and superior ones aren't enjoying the fruits of their faith by moving south, where the majority of church buildings are true churches?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

"And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul's message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth."
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

The apostles always affirmed that the doctrines which they maintained respecting the Messiah were in accordance with the Jewish scriptures. The Bereans made diligent and earnest inquiry in respect to this, and were willing to ascertain the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 401,721 - 401,740 of530,418
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

565 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min scaritual 717,283
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Aura Mytha 223,387
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 13 min Ed Teach 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min Lyndi 171,524
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 20 min yon 160
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 21 min scirocco 114,723
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min WasteWater 255,786
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 51 min Ultra Dave 111
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Daniel 64