Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,081)

Showing posts 401,601 - 401,620 of532,068
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Catholic-in-denial...
#1.. You are the one claiming moral superiority and Jesus' favor, not me.
#2... If the country founded by Protestants and deists is so terrible as you say -- nothing is keeping you from walking your BS talk and going to a society guided by Catholic ideals.
Yet somehow, just like this Catholic-in-denial -- THEY NEVER DO.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Let's compare....

A small percentage of sick and perverted Catholic priests abusing thousands of innocent adolescent boys and young men enabled by some ingorant Catholic bishops based on bad advice from prevailing psychological recommendations at the time (also, BTW, occuring in protestant communities at a slightly higher rate) over a period of 60+ years, and which has vociferously fought against the evil of abortion...

and

A protestant founded country which endorsed, legalized and enabled the slaughter of 55 million innocent babies in the womb since 1970.

I know which group I think is morally superior. I guess you just value life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness differently....
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how protestants are so quick to dismiss sexual abuse and covering up in protestant communities as 'not in MY church!'. LTM shared personal information about her abusive father, a pentecostal minister, yet spends a majority of the time blasting criminal priests. If she wants to know how a man of the cloth can abuse, she should be asking a protestant since it occurs more often in your communities....
Anthony,it is not widely known that ministers MOSTLY married seek to molest children.Some cases of it no doubt,and I am not denying it,but the greater sin of Ministers is usually adultery with a woman who is not their wife.And even the random GAY encounter as we know that of, Pastor Turner,or Jim Baker,basically unheard of.

Cover up is everywhere,that is why I do not get on the band wagon of constantly bringing up Catholic priest pedophiles.The comments on this forum about priest pedophilia do exceed the truth of what really has happened.I only met one priest who was a pedophile in action,the one who got a hold of me and other orphans years ago. But in my many years I have never met a known one personally other than him. We suspected by wife's cousin of being a pedophile,(he is a priest),but it really has never been proven to the fact that he indeed was one.

You are right however in wondering why LTM is so adamant when she herself went through that aweful experience herself from a minister(family member).Very outrageously sad.I have been through the experience of being a victim,but because of the Lord,I cannot target all priests just because one took liberties with me and other boys in that orphanage.I would not doubt that the very priest was later targeted and even defrocked,or maybe he was never brught to light,if he did not repent. The end of the wicked is in hell,we should never envy them.

You know and I know that the perpetrators of such crimes are a fraction,not the majority.
DWWashburn

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Good I don't see a pit anymore,you sound like a person seeking justice,and I can relate to that.
The Pope(Benedict XVI),has done more than people give him credit to face the crisis of child molesting in his church.He has publicly denounced the actions of priests who do such things,he has spoken to youth gatherings in many countries and confessed to the world virtually,that, priests have done these terrible things,they will be sought out and defrocked,and that his heart breaks for the victims.VICTIMS have even gone to the youth conferences and talked to the Pope,and the Cardinals assembled there.What more can the church do than to constantly make it their purpose to open dialogue with victims,and be full of remorse over what has happened in their watch as it were?
Not only that many of the priests who victimized boys were men who in their sixties and seventies are arressted for those crimes and facing penalties whatever they may be. The present priests who are found that committed such crimes are older,so than within a 20 year period pedophile crimes are now brought to light. Not all bishops and cardinals covered it up,some did,that does not mean everyone is guilty of what some did.
I Think that it is a reality we all are ashamed of,but to accuse all priests of being pedophiles is not practical either,and we have to respect the ultimate fact that PRIESTS are not trained or taught,nor are they given the license to violate children or young women.
It is not a secret society of men who decide to sin in this way,but a problem with perhaps the stringent rules of celibacy.Many of those perpetrators reflect in their actions the lack of discipline to avoid sexual entertainment,which no doubt gives them the impetus to move on boys or girls for that matter.Our society especially here in America is vile with its sexual promiscuity.It is no wonder that anyone is a virgin in our society.

EDITED FOR SPACE
It was not until recently that society deemed pedophilia a crime. That in it self should give those who claim that, your God is the author of morality, a clue that he is not.

If you look at state law in America, you will see the change in the age of consent throughout the years.

Why are we so upset with the RCC? Simple, if one priest was caught, how many of his superiors had to know what happened and they chose to cover it up.

When one priest was caught, all the priests in that church, more than likely, knew about it. The reason for transfer had to given to the local bishop, right? Now, for the RCC's sake, let's say that the bishop was unaware of the real reason. OK, but how many of the priests involved with the cover up, moved up to being a bishop? Now they have the power to do something, but they chose not to.

They get reports from the next wave of priests that need a quick transfer. Do they ask questions or do they see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil?

As these bishops move up and the second wave of priests who know what is happening move up, another round of bad priests get their quickie transfers and no one says a things!

All this is done by people who 'answered God's call'!

How many victims does it take before we take action? How many cover ups does it take?

Do you really believe that people will forgive and forget so quickly?

When you hear that the RCC claims that it cannot pay restitution to the victims, because the buildings do not belong to the church, they belong to the followers; yet the buy a $58 million building in California; what are we supposed to think?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
I suppose it's too much to ask that some people get a clue.
67 Throughout the ages, there have been so-called "private" revelations, some of which have been recognized by the authority of the Church. They do not belong, however, to the deposit of faith. It is not their role to improve or complete Christ's definitive Revelation, but to help live more fully by it in a certain period of history. Guided by the Magisterium of the Church, the sensus fidelium knows how to discern and welcome in these revelations whatever constitutes an authentic call of Christ or his saints to the Church.
Christian faith cannot accept "revelations" that claim to surpass or correct the Revelation of which Christ is the fulfillment, as is the case in certain non-Christian religions and also in certain recent sects which base themselves on such "revelations".
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p1s1c2a1.htm#II...
Now no more feeding the monkey after this. He's starting to bray thereby showing his true nature.
I don't know what you think you posted here Regina, but what has it got to do with our faith in a Faithful God.
The Bible clearly States without faith You can not please God, and without faith God will not move.
When Jesus was healing people in the N.T. He said your faith has healed you.
You church has no authority over the word of the Lord, to change it or anything else and that is what you do.
To say otherwise is preaching a false doctrine.
My understand of the catholic church thEY take scripture then say as an example (THIS IS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ,BUT IT MEANS THIS
AND THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS GODS ONLY TRUE CHURCH SO THEY HAVE THE ONLY AUTHORITY TO TELL THE WORLD WHAT IT SAYS).
I AM TELLING YOU THAT IS RUBBISH.
IF YOUR GOING TO FEED THE MONKEYS, MAKE SURE ITS NOT SOMETHING THEY ARE GOING TO CHOKE TO DEATH ON IT.
YOUR RELIGIOUS DOCTRINE ARE PUTTING PEOPLE INTO HELL IN DROVES.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
May 05
Kykkos Mother of God
The original of this icon is attributed to St. Luke (the Apostle). It is reputed to have traveled extensively before it came to rest in Cyprus where it is credited with numerous miracles and healings. Copies of this icon became commonplace in Russian in the 17th century.
http://holy-icons.com/category/ourlady/
ReginaM
Peace

These are some really beautiful icons....
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
... When I was about 13 and attended catholic mass with my parents back in the day, one sunday the parish priest spoke from the pulpit that he had received complaints from some of the followers that Jahova Witnesses had come to their houses giving out brochures. The priest said next time they come to your house, call the police.
Organized religion does nothing but divide people, create ignorance and hatred of others.
I disagree with that priest's remedy to stop Witnesses from coming to your door.They come to everyone's door,as they are following the true pattern of what the early Apostles and disciples of Christ did in the first[-Century church.When Witnesses come to our door,we simply tell them that we do not agree with them,and we are busy.

I am not for taking their right away to visit each home,and involving the police.Nevertheless,if they badger people,than the people need to stand up for their privacy and challenge the Witnesses to literally leave them alone ,without incident.

In the Bible the early Apostles and disciples went from door to door compelling people to forsake evil and become followers of Christ.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what you think you posted here Regina, but what has it got to do with our faith in a Faithful God.
The Bible clearly States without faith You can not please God, and without faith God will not move.
You church has no authority over the word of the Lord, to change it or anything else and that is what you do.
My understand of the catholic church thEY take scripture then say as an example (THIS IS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ,BUT IT MEANS THIS
AND THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS GODS ONLY TRUE CHURCH SO THEY HAVE THE ONLY AUTHORITY TO TELL THE WORLD WHAT IT SAYS).
IF YOUR GOING TO FEED THE MONKEYS, MAKE SURE ITS NOT SOMETHING THEY ARE GOING TO CHOKE TO DEATH ON IT.
??

What in the world are you talking about??
It has absolutely nothing to do with the paragraphs I copied and pasted from the Catechism regarding Private Revelations.
Away with your bile. It sounds like the only choking being done around here is you choking on the truth that Christ founded ONE church...One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism...not 40,000+ different Lords, Faiths, Baptisms. You people can't even agree if Jesus is truly man and truly God, or not. Every time one of you posts about it, a different answer comes up. But all are invariably non-Christian. Very frightening. That's why protestantism is a heresy in and of itself, a tremendous sin of pride. Which God do you believe in, LTM? Is the Christ you believe in truly human? Or is He truly God? Or is He both? Is He God at all? Did His Blessed Mother give birth to all of Him or half of Him? Most of you say half. So what happened to the other half? And on and on it goes, so far removed from the faith of our fathers, the faith of those who walked with God made man. Much too far removed and you get further away with each passing day. What a pity.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Anthony,it is not widely known that ministers MOSTLY married seek to molest children.Some cases of it no doubt,and I am not denying it,but the greater sin of Ministers is usually adultery with a woman who is not their wife.And even the random GAY encounter as we know that of, Pastor Turner,or Jim Baker,basically unheard of.
Cover up is everywhere,that is why I do not get on the band wagon of constantly bringing up Catholic priest pedophiles.The comments on this forum about priest pedophilia do exceed the truth of what really has happened.I only met one priest who was a pedophile in action,the one who got a hold of me and other orphans years ago. But in my many years I have never met a known one personally other than him. We suspected by wife's cousin of being a pedophile,(he is a priest),but it really has never been proven to the fact that he indeed was one.
You are right however in wondering why LTM is so adamant when she herself went through that aweful experience herself from a minister(family member).Very outrageously sad.I have been through the experience of being a victim,but because of the Lord,I cannot target all priests just because one took liberties with me and other boys in that orphanage.I would not doubt that the very priest was later targeted and even defrocked,or maybe he was never brught to light,if he did not repent. The end of the wicked is in hell,we should never envy them.
You know and I know that the perpetrators of such crimes are a fraction,not the majority.
Pad, I have know many young men and heard the testemony of another who dreamed of being priest, to serve the Lord from their hearts.
Everyone of them were molested by older priest, as alter boys or when they entered the priesthood.
I am not talking about one or two men Pad.
I have said many times my heart goes out to the many men and woman who have chosen to serve God as a priest or a nun even though they are innocent of abuse are painted with the same brush.
We have a wonderful spirit filled priest up here at "Christ the King Church," He loves the Lord so much many catholic's are being filled with the gospel of Jesus because of Him.
My father was jailed for what he did, I used the story of my Dad to show abuse was not just in the catholic church, its in every walk of life.
Regina and Anthony found another use for that info.
I would not let my kids in to boy Scouts, but they were alter boys,
because I trusted the Priest who I call my personal Angel.
So Pad I don't believe all catholic priest are pedophiles or homosexuals .
I don't paint all cathoic's with the same brush as Regina and Anthony do with Protestants.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM
Peace
These are some really beautiful icons....
They are lovely, aren't they? And so are their meanings. Icons are so rich with symbolism, every detail has a special significance, including the borders and backgrounds.

As the site points out, the Apostle St. Luke was an iconographer and some of these are attributed to him. So much for statues and other representations being against the commandments. And it certainly refutes the claim of the Madonna being a figure from mythology, lol!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

DWWashburn wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not until recently that society deemed pedophilia a crime. That in it self should give those who claim that, your God is the author of morality, a clue that he is not.
If you look at state law in America, you will see the change in the age of consent throughout the years.
Why are we so upset with the RCC? Simple, if one priest was caught, how many of his superiors had to know what happened and they chose to cover it up.
When one priest was caught, all the priests in that church, more than likely, knew about it. The reason for transfer had to given to the local bishop, right? Now, for the RCC's sake, let's say that the bishop was unaware of the real reason. OK, but how many of the priests involved with the cover up, moved up to being a bishop? Now they have the power to do something, but they chose not to.
They get reports from the next wave of priests that need a quick transfer. Do they ask questions or do they see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil?
As these bishops move up and the second wave of priests who know what is happening move up, another round of bad priests get their quickie transfers and no one says a things!
How many victims does it take before we take action? How many cover ups does it take?
When you hear that the RCC claims that it cannot pay restitution to the victims, because the buildings do not belong to the church, they belong to the followers; yet the buy a $58 million building in California; what are we supposed to think?
"Simple, if one priest was caught, how many of his superiors had to know what happened and they chose to cover it up."

His superior is his bishop. The bishop wasn't covering up, he was simply following the prevailing treatment course for anyone who was accused of sexual deviancy in those days. Most of the bishops during that time were advised by the psychological profession to send him to treatment and once he received a "clean bill of health" from the experts, the bishop re-assigned him. We know now, AFTER THE FACT, is was the wrong thing to do and those criminals should've been kicked out of the priesthood and turned over to the authorities.

But the axe you have to grind with the Catholic Church isn't really just about sick abusing priests now is it?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad, I have know many young men and heard the testemony of another who dreamed of being priest, to serve the Lord from their hearts.
Everyone of them were molested by older priest, as alter boys or when they entered the priesthood.
I am not talking about one or two men Pad.
I have said many times my heart goes out to the many men and woman who have chosen to serve God as a priest or a nun even though they are innocent of abuse are painted with the same brush.
We have a wonderful spirit filled priest up here at "Christ the King Church," He loves the Lord so much many catholic's are being filled with the gospel of Jesus because of Him.
My father was jailed for what he did, I used the story of my Dad to show abuse was not just in the catholic church, its in every walk of life.
Regina and Anthony found another use for that info.
I would not let my kids in to boy Scouts, but they were alter boys,
because I trusted the Priest who I call my personal Angel.
So Pad I don't believe all catholic priest are pedophiles or homosexuals .
I don't paint all cathoic's with the same brush as Regina and Anthony do with Protestants.
What a liar.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
??
It has absolutely nothing to do with the paragraphs I copied and pasted from the Catechism regarding Private Revelations.
Away with your bile. It sounds like the only choking being done around here is you choking on the truth that Christ founded ONE church...One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism...not 40,000+ different Lords, Faiths, Baptisms. You people can't even agree if Jesus is truly man and truly God, or not. Every time one of you posts about it, a different answer comes up. But all are invariably non-Christian. Very frightening. That's why protestantism is a heresy in and of itself, a tremendous sin of pride. Which God do you believe in, LTM? Is the Christ you believe in truly human? Or is He truly God? Or is He both? Is He God at all? Did His Blessed Mother give birth to all of Him or half of Him? Most of you say half. So what happened to the other half? And on and on it goes, so far removed from the faith of our fathers, the faith of those who walked with God made man. Much too far removed and you get further away with each passing day. What a pity.
JESUS WAS FULLY GOD, AND HE WAS FULLY MAN.
or don't you know that.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Immaculate conception was not a NEW concept when Jesus was born. It had been practiced for centuries before that Gods would impregnate women on earth.

Why do catholics believe this concept was UNIQUE to christianity when it was already old hat 1,000 years before.

http://www.examiner.com/article/immaculate-co...

CONFIRMED!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
"YOUR RELIGIOUS DOCTRINE ARE PUTTING PEOPLE INTO HELL IN DROVES."

You are mentally unstable. No wonder St. Peter said certain people shouldn't be reading and interpreting scripture.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

DWWashburn wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know anything about the Crystal Cathedral sale to the RCC,and I cannot speculate about it.But the biggest problem is that no matter what can be said in either exposing more of what has happened in the CC concerning child molestation.OR the fact that an organization is confessing and trying to do all it can to end the scandal.

Either way,the results of what is either to be unleashed imformation,or the burden of dealing with an internal malady within the system,The CC can only mover forward and deal with each thing as it unravels. The cheap attacks of people against the CC on a constant basis,is no longer desire to see justice served,but to destroy the organization,which cannot succumb to that barage,because of what it is basically founded on to begin with.

That is the organization is too big and complexed to tear it down with blind attacks about the moral fiber of the whole organization at large.

The scandall has been addressed and faced head on by not only the Catholic Church but all of Christianity.We all know and understand that once sin is exposed,it loses its power over human beings.The Catholic Church knows that it has to face up to whatever has been surfaced concerning some of its priests,and the same applies to every facet of Christianity.

That actually does not stop the predator,as he is driven by sexual passion,and a boy or girl is still at risk,if such a perpetrator exists in the church even now.Do we blame the whole organization for that one person?

Who knows who he is until he strikes? When he is found out,the Church now is going to act accordingly,we have to give them the time and space now to comply with dealing heavily with that offender. In other words,Sin has been exposed on a grand scale,NOW the church can work with God in disposing of it within the Sanctuary.We Christians must allow those perpetrators to be incarcerated and punished by law as well.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
??
The hypostatic union is the term used to describe how God the Son, Jesus Christ, took on a human nature, yet remained fully God at the same time. Jesus always had been God (John 8:58, 10:30), but at the incarnation Jesus became a human being (John 1:14). The addition of the human nature to the divine nature is Jesus, the God-man. This is the hypostatic union, Jesus Christ, one Person, fully God and fully man.

Jesus' two natures, human and divine, are inseparable. Jesus will forever be the God-man, fully God and fully human, two distinct natures in one Person. Jesus' humanity and divinity are not mixed, but are united without loss of separate identity. Jesus sometimes operated with the limitations of humanity (John 4:6, 19:28) and other times in the power of His deity (John 11:43; Matthew 14:18-21). In both, Jesus' actions were from His one Person. Jesus had two natures, but only one personality.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

DWWashburn wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, what protestant denomination are you? I've got my google page up and ready....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS WAS FULLY GOD, AND HE WAS FULLY MAN.
or don't you know that.
Really? So Mary wasn't His mother then?
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Oh, No! Heckle doesn't know the difference between the Incarnation and the Immaculate Conception! LOL!!

They're batting a 1,000 today!

:)
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The hypostatic union is the term used to describe how God the Son, Jesus Christ, took on a human nature, yet remained fully God at the same time. Jesus always had been God (John 8:58, 10:30), but at the incarnation Jesus became a human being (John 1:14). The addition of the human nature to the divine nature is Jesus, the God-man. This is the hypostatic union, Jesus Christ, one Person, fully God and fully man.
Jesus' two natures, human and divine, are inseparable. Jesus will forever be the God-man, fully God and fully human, two distinct natures in one Person. Jesus' humanity and divinity are not mixed, but are united without loss of separate identity. Jesus sometimes operated with the limitations of humanity (John 4:6, 19:28) and other times in the power of His deity (John 11:43; Matthew 14:18-21). In both, Jesus' actions were from His one Person. Jesus had two natures, but only one personality.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW
It was the Catholic Church who first taught the Hypostatic Union....so, yes, LOL....I do understand it.

But are YOU sure?

Which half did the Blessed Virgin Mary give birth to?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 401,601 - 401,620 of532,068
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

545 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min Vinod S 4,378
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min It aint necessarily so 719,650
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Dr_Zorderz 256,281
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 13 min Rammy 12
jawan bhanji ki chudai kaise karu (Apr '13) 16 min kumudbandhu 35
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min Strength and Honor 172,146
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min Buck Crick 223,928
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 93,614
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 11 hr Docter REALITY 120
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••