Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
401,541 - 401,560 of 532,422 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I just thought I'd ask because you seem to echo Freemind assetion that Jesus is really impressed with the USA. I mean, if wealth, material possessions and the freedom to slaughter babies in the womb is so much more Jesus's ideal, then yes, He must've blessed this country with protestant leaders who have been at the forefront of it all...
If you hate the USA so much and love Catholic America so much, I have good news for you.

There are millions of folks in the Catholic south who would love to trade places with you.

There is nothing standing in your way! Walk your talk.

Ummmm? I thought not. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd respond if you cited the quote.
Again, running the vitriol to provoke a response. Very middle school of you, FM.
Just provide information and I'll respond.
OK...

You could easily find it for yourself (Second Secret of Fatima), but here's another one for you to run from.

How does an individual claim diplomatic immunity unless invoked by an institutional authority.

Roman Catholic Church 101...

Q... What institutional authority uses diplomatic immunity to keep individuals from testifying in court cases involving sexually abused orphans?

A... Jesus only appointed Church, Perfect teachings on morals.

You can find that too if you tried.

But somehow, they never lift a finger to find the actual facts. Shocker!!!!!!
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
These statements from Our Lady of Lourdes? Showing the children what hell looked like... anyway my complaint here is the last few sentences. This is the Blessed Mother you are speaking of. Not a good description from you about Jesus' mother. How would you like it if someone spoke of your mother this way. I hope you ask for forgiveness.
Catholic Girl, please read the post again.

I NEVER SAID DESCRIBED MARY THAT WAY.

THE VATICAN DID SO WHEN IT PUT SHAMEFUL WORDS IN HER MOUTH.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Secrets_of...

Words supposedly given in 1917, but not released until later.

Did anyone lie? If not, then PRETEND YOUR OWN MOTHER used the same words and see how it sounds.

DUH!!!!!!!!!! Would YOU say anything like that to humanity?

Neither did Mary.
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

How quickly true believers set the facts aside in order to make sense of their lies.

Memo to "spiritually superior" Catholics in denial....

When you come here under a banner claiming religious superiority, then expect to be BUSTED.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Demon?
Do you know that when Mary appeared to Juan Diego at Guadalupe, Mexico and left her image on his cloak, she converted millions of indigenous Mexicans to Jesus Christ, seemingly over night?
Quite a blunder for a demon. I thought their goal was to get people AWAY from Christ.
why don't you read the link Clay,
This is who the catholic church has representing Mary the Mother of Jesus.

It was so strongly written in the paganistic mind the image of the Mother Goddess with a child in her arms, that when the days of the great falling away came, the portrait of Isis and the child Horus was accepted not only in popular opinion, but by formal episcopal sanction, as the portrait of the Virgin and son. Representations of Isis and her child were often enclosed in framework of flowers. This practice too was applied to Mary who is often pictured the same way, as those who have studied Medieval Art well known.

The Egyptian goddess Isis was often represented as standing on the crescent moon with twelve stars surrounding her head. There is another woman mentioned with twelve stars in the Bible, but its not Mary. But it was also adopted to Mary (left). This adoption was to satisfy the superstitions of the heathen mind. And even as the pagans had statues of Goddess, so likewise, statues were made of Mary, even though the scriptures forbid such a practice! In some cases, the very same statues had been worshipped as Isis, were simply renamed as Mary and the Christ child- and the old worship continued! "When Christianity triumphed", says one writer, "these painting and figures became those of the Madonna and child without any break in continuity: No archaeologist, in fact, can now tell whether some of these objects represent the one or the other." Not only has this deceived them but it is deceiving and uniting the world.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
May 05
Kykkos Mother of God

The original of this icon is attributed to St. Luke (the Apostle). It is reputed to have traveled extensively before it came to rest in Cyprus where it is credited with numerous miracles and healings. Copies of this icon became commonplace in Russian in the 17th century.
http://holy-icons.com/category/ourlady/
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oct 27
Platytera (“More Spacious than the Heavens”) Mother of God

The Theotokos “More Spacious then the Heavens” is of the type, Our Lady of the Sign. The Theotokos is the “sign” foretold in Isaiah 7:14:“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; behold, a virgin shall conceive in the womb, and shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Emmanuel.” The Mother of God is shown in the Orans position, that is a position of prayer or supplication. The Platytera is placed in the apse of Orthodox churches as an intermediary, supplicating God on our behalf.
http://holy-icons.com/category/ourlady/
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Here is a picture of how Catholic children are taught about Mary.

http://onlinecatholicstore.com/our-lady-of-fa...

Here are some of the actual words behind that picture, uttered by Mary in 1917, during World War 1 foretelling World War 2:

#1.... Where bad people go -- "Plunged in this fire were demons and souls in human form, like transparent burning embers, all blackened or burnished bronze, floating about in the conflagration, now raised into the air by the flames..."

#2... "To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."

Would Jesus really sent this Mary......

http://onlinecatholicstore.com/our-lady-of-fa...

.. to give that message to the world?

What kind of sicko would put those words in Mary's mouth and why?

The RCC, War, and Politics

BUSTED
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Prove that Fatima is not an RCC "infallible" (not "official") teaching.

Please provide a list of the RCC's amazing "unchangeable infallible teachings" to show us that Fatima is not on there.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Song of the Angels by Bouguereau

Today, while much of the world marks the new beginning of the calendar year, the Church commemorates the great solemnity of the Mother of God.

What does this mean?

That the Blessed Virgin Mary is the Mother of God means that the child— conceived in her womb by the power of the Holy Spirit, carried in her body for nine months, and born into this world— is God. As such, this celebration highlights the pivotal truth of the Church's Faith- that God has, in Jesus Christ, accepted a human nature, chosen to be born into this world as we have all been born into this world, and has lived a real, human life.

In doing so, God has accepted the full implication of what is means to be human, including the experiences of suffering and death.

"Why" God did this is what the Scriptures are all about- from start to finish, from Genesis to Revelation. In fact, the Bible is not just some kind of spiritual "self help" book or just a collection of ancient literature- the Bible is the story of why God accepts a human nature in Christ.
http://www.wordonfire.org/WoF-Blog/WoF-Blog/J...
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Song of the Angels by Bouguereau
Today, while much of the world marks the new beginning of the calendar year, the Church commemorates the great solemnity of the Mother of God.
What does this mean?
That the Blessed Virgin Mary is the Mother of God means that the child— conceived in her womb by the power of the Holy Spirit, carried in her body for nine months, and born into this world— is God. As such, this celebration highlights the pivotal truth of the Church's Faith- that God has, in Jesus Christ, accepted a human nature, chosen to be born into this world as we have all been born into this world, and has lived a real, human life.
In doing so, God has accepted the full implication of what is means to be human, including the experiences of suffering and death.
"Why" God did this is what the Scriptures are all about- from start to finish, from Genesis to Revelation. In fact, the Bible is not just some kind of spiritual "self help" book or just a collection of ancient literature- the Bible is the story of why God accepts a human nature in Christ.
http://www.wordonfire.org/WoF-Blog/WoF-Blog/J...
Poor Mary was barely mentioned in the Gospels. She was completely omitted from the very first Nicene Creed ordered up by Constantine.

Glad you are making up for lost time.

Ironic isn't it -- that Mary's status would be the beginning of the great East-West Schism (Filioque controversy, late 500's)

Why couldn't the Gospel writers made it clear in the first place? Many Catholics killed each other during the heydays of the Schisms.

BUSTED
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

The RCC stood against the Bill of Rights then.
Who changed?
BUSTED
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Mary was barely mentioned in the Gospels. She was completely omitted from the very first Nicene Creed ordered up by Constantine.
Glad you are making up for lost time.
Ironic isn't it -- that Mary's status would be the beginning of the great East-West Schism (Filioque controversy, late 500's)
Why couldn't the Gospel writers made it clear in the first place? Many Catholics killed each other during the heydays of the Schisms.
BUSTED
Filioque about the Blessed Virgin Mary????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(See Eastern Orthodox Icons of the Theotokos linked above.)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Sermon 467 : Joy Before the Ark of God : Fourth Sunday of Advent

The image of John the Baptist leaping in joy in the womb of his mother at the sound of the greeting of the Blessed Virgin Mary hearkens back to the Old Testament image of David, leaping and dancing before the Ark of the Covenant. The New Testament is properly understood when one references patterns or events that are described in the Old Testament.
http://www.wordonfire.org/WOF-Radio/Sermons/2...
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

THE THEOTOKOS

by Archbishop Dmitri of Dallas and the South

The piety of the Church gives a rather prominent place to the one whom we call the Theotokos, she who gave birth to God, the ever-virgin Mary. On August 15th, we celebrate the major feast day known as the Dormition or Falling-asleep of the Mother of God. Three weeks from that date, on September 8th, we celebrate her birth. There are, of course, other feasts in her honor, and no service of the Church fails to make reference to her. Prayers are addressed to her and hymns to her glorification are sung. In them we call her "more honorable than the cherubim and without compare more glorious than the Seraphim …"

It is difficult to understand a Christian piety that does not include the most Holy Theotokos.
http://www.orthodoxresearchinstitute.org/arti...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Turning to and praying to Mary IS getting people away from Christ!
Not so!! Praying to her is "just the opposite!! It is prayer that is "manifested" in the context of "intercessory prayer" which leads us to a more "full, complete and abundant (personal) relationship with Jesus Christ Himself!!
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
The RCC stood against the Bill of Rights then.
Who changed?
BUSTED
LOL...That's right....change course....because you don't know what the hell you're talking about. BUSTED!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!!!!!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
If your religion requires the use of diplomatic immunity to obstruct justice for sexually abused orphans, you might want to think about getting out of it.
Been there and done the bible only Protestant (merry-go-round circus" for over over 35 years!....It's called Protestant "confusion, chaos, and distortion of Sacred Scripture, which is all "laced with" sola scriptura heresy, in denial of TRUE Church History and Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.....YOU CAN HAVE IT--all 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent (hodge-podge) of Protestant denominations that "do nothing" but their pass personal judgement and condemnation upon any and all Christians, especially Catholics!!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad-
Here's a scenario I'll write using logic employed by many protestants on this board. I'm in quotation marks here.
"Pad's church sacrifices poodles and prays to the entrails".
You might ask where I'd heard such a thing.
"I read it on a website from John Blogger"
You-Is John Blogger a member of my church?
"No".
Where did he tell you he heard that?
"Another non-member of your church on the radio"
Here's what my church believes-see (cites source actaully FROM your church)? It doesn't say that. We don't do that.
"Oh-I never thought to actually look at the source".
Well, I better do a better job of telling people I don't do what I don't do already.
----------
See what I mean?
I understand your point,but the truth is,whole populations that are Roman Catholic in this world venerate openly the blessed Mother,having a statue of her in front of them,kneeling before it,singing litanies and canticles of praise to her near divine office,glorifying her. Statues of Mary are often placed on pedestals and carried around,many faithful trying to touch the pedestal to gain some virtue if possible.

Catholics here in the US especially try to claim that their prayers and devotion to Mary is within that safe realm of non[-Divine worship,and I understand many American and propbably Canadian Catholics do not actually worship Mary.But I watch EWTN often and really Dan,much of what is said about Mary,and the practices of devotion to her are exactly the very reason why Prots and evangelicals reject Catholicism.The reasoning given by Catholic teachers on the devotion to Mary often exceeds the boundaries of what some Catholics try to say do not exist in the whole of Catholicism.

Mary is not in any way the Spouse of the Holy Spirit,for instance.Even trying to reason such a thought is preposterous.

Catholics cannot separate in their mindset the Man Christ Jesus,from the Eternal God He was and is and IS to come. Jesus was the Son of Man,and technically still is due to His resurrected Body.But it is in that realm of His being the Son of Man that He also is the Son of Mary.YET,Catholics and Orthodox insist that Mary is the Mother of God,and that if we do not call her such,than we do not believe in the Incarnation.Mary was the Mother of Jesus the Son of Man,Mother of the Man Jesus,giving Him flesh and blood from her mortal body.

To say that Mary is the Mother of God is to separate Jesus from the Father and the Holy Spirit,that He is a separate or a God alone from the Father and the Holy Spirit.JESUS is with the Father and the Holy Spirit G O D.The Three are not separate Gods.GOD is ONE,indivisible.The Godhead is the OFFICE of Their being,the Administration of the Father,Son and Holy Spirit=ONE GOD forever and ever.

So if you say that Mary is the Mother of God,you are saying technically that she is the Mother of the Father-Son,and the Holy Spirit.Which of course for a mortal human being that is impossible,and should not be even mentioned.

She bore the Man Christ Jesus who WAS from the beginning G o d.She did not bear God,because He was God before she even existed.But she bore the total humanity of the Person Jesus,anointed to be the Messiah,and who IS God from the Father and the Holy Spirit of Promise to all humanity.

But as Son of Man Jesus lived in the realm of being lesser than the Angels for 30+ years,He died in human agony,but was RAISED by the Father from the dead.His separate role of being the Son of Man changed to the Eternal Son from what was His roots to begin with,He sits at the right hand of His Father in GLORY!

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
if there is a god your right,and if there isn't your wronng in death there is darkness and nothing more,and since the one god theory has not been proven to be true,in death there is darkness,don't care if you believe in god or not,everyone is afraid to die or does not want to die. admit or not everyone has that little bit of fear and uncertainty within them that says "what if".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

437 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS 720,190
When hurricanes become ANGRY 4 min andet1987 16
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 9 min andet1987 4,094
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 15 min jay 394
Man To Man Combat 15 min andet1987 3
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 18 min Naveen kumar 4,476
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 19 min Remnant of 144000 38,440
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 45 min Le_le 172,263
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr HasbhaRAT Trolls Biffers 114,973
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Dr_Zorderz 256,380
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 6 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••