Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
401,061 - 401,080 of 538,995 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#416242 Jan 16, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
"Satan" isn't anywhere Rob, you are misguiding yourself and otehrs with this facade.
Why?
Oh wait - there he is.....*sticks tongue out at Satan* Boogie-boogie!!
"Satan" now probably has it in for me, huh?
Really? Is this your story?
Why are you so fearful of the world?
<quoted text>
Okay, I understand.
Just because "Peter" exclaimed this, you also believe it.
Fair enough.
Can you please show me some evidence of this characteristic or even "Satan" doing the prowling.
- video evidence is the best way to prove your point.
Or - in truth - you have no evidence of such an entity, which leads me back to the original statement I made - "why are you so fearful of the world", to blatantly create false scenarios with an unfounded being?
NASL

Since you can't tell the difference between spiritual things and physical things, it makes me wonder why you ask for evidence? Are you asleep? Are you dancing with the devil?

Since you cannot take a picture of your mind which is not physical, then how do you know Satan is not there and has numbed your ability to discern...?

Satan sold you the ticket, his minions built the ship, and promised a short trip to paradise, but its a long way to the bottom of the cold Atlantic for the Titanic. I just don't know if you are asleep in your cabin, or dancing in the ballroom.

I fear God, which means I have a reverence for God.

Location hidden

#416243 Jan 16, 2013
fred wrote:
Going to make this short and simple today Yahweh is the creator but he is not a god it is a proven fact that man changed his name so why is the world worshiping a man made god.
fred

Easy. You never take the time to know. You think you know. And show you don't know.

Its called self-deception and avoidance.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416244 Jan 16, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Since you can't tell the difference between spiritual things and physical things, it makes me wonder why you ask for evidence? Are you asleep? Are you dancing with the devil?
Since you cannot take a picture of your mind which is not physical, then how do you know Satan is not there and has numbed your ability to discern...?
Satan sold you the ticket, his minions built the ship, and promised a short trip to paradise, but its a long way to the bottom of the cold Atlantic for the Titanic. I just don't know if you are asleep in your cabin, or dancing in the ballroom.
That's called the Stockholm Syndrome.
Fun Facts

Freeland, MI

#416245 Jan 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
We can pray for people all the time, husbands, wifes, children, friends.
For salvation, healing etc. but these people we pray for must be a live and we are never to pray to them.
Nor are we to dead people nor are we to pray for dead .
Once a person soul leaves the body they are either in heaven with the Lord or they are in Hell, and will remind there for all eternity.
To day is the day of Salvation, chose this day to do good not evil.
You may have overlooked...
http://bible.cc/luke/20-38.htm
http://bible.cc/mark/9-4.htm
Questions?
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/saints.html

Location hidden

#416246 Jan 16, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo's head is spinning again.
I never said that you approved. Again -- "Hojo says Jesus approves of bank fraud and Priests raping orphans. I disagree."
So which is it Hojo?
1... The Standards of Jesus say it is OK for His appointed Church to use diplomatic immunity to avoid accountability in immoral behavior.
Or...
2... The Standards of Jesus say it is NOT OK for His appointed Church to use diplomatic immunity to avoid accountability in immoral behavior.
Think. Bank investigations, Schools for the Deaf, Orphanages.
These are not traditional reasons to claim diplomatic immunity.
What do you believe about Jesus' standards?
Free Mind

You offer doubt.

No one takes it, after having faith....

You may strain one's understanding, and present what appears to be a moral delemma....

But Jesus' standards are to forgive one another for trespasses.

Thus if a person that is a servant or an authority sins, I would forgive him.

Here is your delemma that you choose to have both doubt and faith.

At times you write as if from a person of faith, and other times with doubt....This war in your mind makes you weak, it doesn't make you free.

Location hidden

#416247 Jan 16, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called the Stockholm Syndrome.
Free Mind

Hmmmm. I never thought of it that way. But you may be right.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#416248 Jan 16, 2013
"Satan" isn't anywhere Rob, you are misguiding yourself and otehrs with this facade.
Why?

Okay, I understand.
Fair enough.
Can you please show me some evidence of this characteristic or even "Satan" doing the prowling.
Or - in truth - you have no evidence of such an entity, which leads me back to the original statement I made - "why are you so fearful of the world", to blatantly create false scenarios with an unfounded being?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Diversion.

Your made-up conclusion about me is very telling, about the person you are.

I ask for evidence, because I know for a fact there isn't any

Dance? Me? I'm sorry no, I am not.
- But I love watching you, especially when you try to justified your bogus claim through diversion.

Your posts show how much that you don't know and understand.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Because "Satan" doesn't exist in this world. But with you perpetuating that "he" does, only shows how misguided you are.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan sold you the ticket, his minions built the ship, and promised a short trip to paradise, but its a long way to the bottom of the cold Atlantic for the Titanic.

I haven't bought any tickets to anywhere.

Why do you need to lie about others?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't know if you are asleep in your cabin, or dancing in the ballroom.
*taps you on the shoulder*
Rob - wake up, you are having a dream.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Why fear "God"? Afraid of "His" love?

Location hidden

#416249 Jan 16, 2013
Why?
Okay, I understand.
Fair enough.
<quoted text>
Diversion.
Your made-up conclusion about me is very telling, about the person you are.
I ask for evidence, because I know for a fact there isn't any
Dance? Me? I'm sorry no, I am not.
- But I love watching you, especially when you try to justified your bogus claim through diversion.
Your posts show how much that you don't know and understand.
<quoted text>
Because "Satan" doesn't exist in this world. But with you perpetuating that "he" does, only shows how misguided you are.
<quoted text>
I haven't bought any tickets to anywhere.
Why do you need to lie about others?
<quoted text>
*taps you on the shoulder*
Rob - wake up, you are having a dream.
<quoted text>
Why fear "God"? Afraid of "His" love?
NASL

Psalm 27

The Lord is my light and my help;
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
before whom shall I shrink?

When evil-doers draw near
to devour my flesh,
it is they, my enemies and foes,
who stumble and fall.

Though an army encamp against me
my heart would not fear.
Though war break out against me
even then would I trust.

There is one thing I ask of the Lord,
for this I long,
to live in the house of the Lord,
all the days of my life,
to savor the sweetness of the Lord,
to behold his temple.

For there he keeps me safe in his tent
in the day of evil.
He hides me in the shelter of his tent,
on a rock he sets me safe.

And now my head shall be raised
above my foes who surround me
and I shall offer within his tent
a sacrifice of joy.
I will sing and make music for the Lord.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416250 Jan 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right michael God does know all things.
God will do nothing unless He is ask first, other words He can't do nothing."YOU HAVE NOT BECAUSE YOU ASK NOT".
TO ASK GOD FOR SOMETHING AND PRAY TO HIM TAKES FAITH,
WITHOUT IT YOU CAN NOT PLEASE GOD, AND HE WILL NOT INTERFER IN ANYONES LIFE UNLESS HE IS ASKED FIRST.
If what you believe is true than anyone who doesn't pray should be living a very poor uneventful life.

I don't pray for things to happen or change, and I have everything I need or desire.

Great family, perfect health, positive outlook, no money issues.....LIFES GOOD!

Why would any God desire that you worship him? God would desire or need nothing. I would believe that God would expect all of his creation to just get along, and help each other out.

... Millions of people pray BILLIONS of prayers everyday of the year, wanting things for themselves and others, and look around at the divisions, ignorance and hatred throughout our world.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416251 Jan 16, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Free Mind
You offer doubt.
No one takes it, after having faith....
You may strain one's understanding, and present what appears to be a moral delemma....
But Jesus' standards are to forgive one another for trespasses.
Thus if a person that is a servant or an authority sins, I would forgive him.
Here is your delemma that you choose to have both doubt and faith.
At times you write as if from a person of faith, and other times with doubt....This war in your mind makes you weak, it doesn't make you free.
Robert F. says.........But Jesus' standards are to forgive one another for trespasses. Thus if a person that is a servant or an authority sins, I would forgive him.

Michael says.....For those that believe in Adam and Eve, why were they not forgiven or given a second chance by God?

2 imperfect beings, with NO knowledge, tempted, to eat from the tree of knowledge, whose sin stains every unborn child through no fault of their own. Makes no common sense, the story was created to instill FEAR.

That is why I believe the Adam and Eve story is just a fabrication to scare people, and were never real people.

At some point common sense has to enter the equation.

LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#416252 Jan 16, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
No I never over looked anything .

I am talking about spiritual things.
A person is spiritual dead if they are not rebirth in the spirit of God.
Luke 20:38 refers to those who a spiritual alive in Christ Jesus.

Location hidden

#416253 Jan 16, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert F. says.........But Jesus' standards are to forgive one another for trespasses. Thus if a person that is a servant or an authority sins, I would forgive him.
Michael says.....For those that believe in Adam and Eve, why were they not forgiven or given a second chance by God?
2 imperfect beings, with NO knowledge, tempted, to eat from the tree of knowledge, whose sin stains every unborn child through no fault of their own. Makes no common sense, the story was created to instill FEAR.
That is why I believe the Adam and Eve story is just a fabrication to scare people, and were never real people.
At some point common sense has to enter the equation.
Michael

Just a quick point. God did not cause Adam and Eve to die. They chose to die spiritually when they ran and hid from God.

The rest of what you write is from basically your same point of view.

I once thought you understood and needed encouragement to re-establish your understanding.

But more or less, I must write, I think your view is anti-Christ, anti-God. As you reject anything of God. Perhaps you understand this, perhaps not....
LTM

#416254 Jan 16, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
The communion of saints is all that each one of us has in common with all other believers. We have been forgiven through His death, and saved by His life (Romans 5:10), set free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2), and passed from spiritual death to eternal life (1 John 3:16). We have all been permanently adopted as children of God by the will of God (John 1:12-13). We have become God's handiwork to do good works that He has prepared for us (Ephesians 2:10), and we have all been given an eternal home in the New Jerusalem in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ, our Lamb, our Temple and our Light (Revelation 21:22-27). These are only a few of the blessings we have in common with all other believers
LTM

#416255 Jan 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Eph 3. Paul is also talking about spiritual things , all who are born again is born of the Holy Spirit which strengthens us and equips us for service in Christ Jesus
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

AS THE FAMILY OF GOD WE A ONE IN THE SPIRIT , WHICH UNITS ALL SAINT TOGETHER IN HIM.
THOSE IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#416256 Jan 16, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably confusing annulment with divorce and that has already been gone around several times in here and what that entails.
First, do not assume I read nor have the time to respond to all the nonsense people post in here most of which has been addressed numerous times. Second the issue at hand is the claim that indulgences are granted for money not that you even understand what an indulgence is let alone believe it. I did not read any article nor do I care to, but until you demonstrate that you even have a clue what an indulgence entails it is not worthy of time. Again however the issue is the truth of your false claims that the church accepts money for indulgences. Furthermore your claim the church sells divorces. lol
Please provide proof from any official Catholic source that this is a teaching or practice. Heresay about what someone you know may or may not have said is not proof. You have made the accusation so it is on you to prove your assertion. If some rogue were too practice that they would be reprimanded, but truth is not your strong suit.
I will give you little help.
ISSUE: What does the Catholic Church teach about remarriage after divorce? Can divorced and remarried Catholics substitute their personal judgment for a Church annulment? Can divorced and remarried Catholics receive Holy Communion?
RESPONSE: The Catholic Church does not permit the practice of divorce and remarriage under any circumstances. As our Lord says,“The man who divorces his wife and marries another is guilty of adultery against her. And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another, she is guilty of adultery too”(Mk. 10:11-12). One can be an innocent victim of divorce, and serious circumstances may warrant a separation of spouses, but remarriage is morally wrong.[1]
http://www.cuf.org/faithfacts/details_view.as...
This practice of buying and selling of the rcc by the way is called "simony"

And no it is not annulments it's divorce by profit.
preston

Waverly, OH

#416257 Jan 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
gettin closer, getting closer.

Temple Laver Moved to New Home
by Gil Ronen

The Temple Institute moved a giant copper laver, or wash basin, to the new home of its exhibit of Temple articles on Monday.

A statement by the Temple Institute said the basin, which is 2.5 meters (8.2 feet) tall and 2.8 meters (9.1 foot) in diameter is kosher for use in the Third Temple and can be used to purify 12 priests at once.

The statement also said the new basin has advanced systems that make it possible to overcome certain problems in Jewish law, as was done at the time of the Second Temple.

The Temple Organizations HQ congratulated the Temple Institute for its new headquarters and wished its employees "to see their vessels being moved again soon, this time to their appointed place, the Temple…"

Temple Laver Moved to New Locale

Temple Institute moves to new headquarters, and takes giant laver with it.

The Temple Institute moved a giant copper laver, or wash basin, to the new home of its exhibit of Temple articles on Monday.

A statement by the Temple Institute said the basin, which is 2.5 meters (8.2 feet) tall and 2.8 meters (9.1 foot) in diameter is kosher for use in the Third Temple and can be used to purify 12 priests at once.

The statement also said the new basin has advanced systems that make it possible to overcome certain problems in Jewish law, as was done at the time of the Second Temple.

The Temple Organizations HQ congratulated the Temple Institute for its new headquarters and wished its employees "to see their vessels being moved again soon, this time to their appointed place, the Temple…"

The laver, a large vessel which appears like a kettle, was the first vessel which the priests had contact with every day, for they had to sanctify their hands and feet with its waters before commencing any sacred task in the Holy Temple.

The original laver which was constructed for the desert tabernacle in Moses' time included two spigots for releasing the water. In the era of the Second Temple, the High Priest Ben Katin fashioned 12 faucets for the laver, so that the entire shift who participate in the offering of the daily sacrifice may sanctify themselves at once.

The Midrash (Bamidbar Rabbah 9:14) relates that the original laver was made from the contributions of the righteous women of Israel, who donated their shiny mirrors towards this cause. These mirrors, made of highly polished copper, were melted down and it was from these that the laver was created.

This act of sacrifice– the fact that the women cared more about fulfilling G-d's word than about their own appearance – was precious in the eyes of G-d. He declared that the laver must be of copper throughout the ages, to invoke the merit of these righteous women.

Tags: Temple Mount ,Temple Mount organizations ,Temple Movement
preston

Waverly, OH

#416258 Jan 16, 2013
Israel Planning to Build Holy Temple, Claims PA Official
"The construction of the false Temple on the Temple Mount is closer than ever before," claims an official with the Al-Aqsa Mosque.
AAFont SizeBy Elad Benari
First Publish: 1/9/2013, 4:13 AM

The Temple Mount
Flash90The head of manuscripts at the Al-Aqsa Mosque, Najeh Bkeirat, has accused Israel of trying to "Judaize" the Temple Mount by building a new Holy Temple.

Speaking on January 4 to the Palestine journal, which is affiliated with the Hamas terrorist group, Bkeirat claimed that "the construction of the false Temple is closer than ever before."

Bkeirat claimed in the interview that an analysis of Jerusalem's development plans finds there is an intention to Judaize the Al-Aqsa Mosque, and within this framework build the Temple on its ruins and to then reduce the number of Arab residents in the city.

In order to deal with the "danger" of such a move, he called to increase the Muslim presence in the Al-Aqsa Mosque and hold educational programs in it, in addition to public relations activities about the importance of the mosque and the other Islamic holy places in Jerusalem.

Arabs continuously accuse Israel of "Judaizing" the Temple Mount, sometimes resorting to ridiculous propaganda such as accusing Israel of using chemicals to erode the foundations of the mosque in order to cause it to collapse.

The Popular Resistance Committees terrorist organization has threatened Israel that any harm to the Al-Aqsa mosque would “open the gates of hell against the Zionist enemy.”

Meanwhile the Waqf, which was left in charge of the Temple Mount following Jerusalem’s reunification in 1967, has removed every sign of ancient Jewish presence at the Jewish holy site. The decision to leave the Temple Mount in the hands of the Waqf was made by then-Defense Minister Moshe Dayan.

At the entrance to the Temple Mount, a Waqf sign says,“The Al-Aqsa Mosque courtyard and everything in it is Islamic property”.

Police, in an attempt to appease the Waqf, discriminate against Jews. They limit the number of Jewish worshippers allowed on the Temple Mount at one time in order to prevent conflict with Muslim worshippers. They often close the Mount to Jews in response to Muslim riots – despite evidence that Muslim riots have been planned in advance for the specific purpose of forcing Jews out.

A recent report by archaeologists found that the Waqf is continuing to destroy Jewish antiquities on the Temple Mount in a direct violation of a ruling by the Supreme Court.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#416259 Jan 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
AS THE FAMILY OF GOD WE A ONE IN THE SPIRIT , WHICH UNITS ALL SAINT TOGETHER IN HIM.
THOSE IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH.
Exodus 21:1 Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them.

2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.

3 If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him.

4 If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself.

5 And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:

I would type this in all caps, but I am not a screaming bitch.
preston

Waverly, OH

#416260 Jan 16, 2013
Likud candidate Moshe Feiglin, head of the Likud's Jewish Leadership faction, was detained by police on Tuesday morning after bowing down during a visit to the Temple Mount. This is not the first time that Feiglin has been arrested for worshiping on the Mount.

The Temple Mount is the holiest site in the world according to Judaism. It is also home to the Al-Aqsa Mosque. Police allow Jews to visit the site, but they are forbidden to pray in the area or show other outward signs of worship due to fears that Jewish prayer would inflame Muslim anger.

Palestinian Authority and Muslim leaders have frequently accused Jews and Israel of attempting to harm the Al-Aqsa mosque, and sometimes cite Jewish prayers and rituals as proof of their claim.

A source told Arutz Sheva that police have expressed willingness to release Feiglin if he agrees to certain conditions, but that Feiglin is refusing to sign. Police often ask Jews detained on the Temple Mount to commit to not visiting the holy site for a set period of time.

Feiglin was arrested during the Sukkot holiday for allegedly praying on the Temple Mount – a charge he denied. Then, too, police insisted that he agree to restrictive conditions prior to release, but he refused to sign.

A court ordered his release later in the day, and he walked free immediately.

An association of Temple Mount-related movements protested "the continuing harassment of Jews ascending the Temple Mount, which time and again reaches the point of unbelievable absurdity."

The movements appealed to "all [political] parties that value human rights in Israel" to speak out against police discrimination at the holy site.

If as a Chrstian, you are interested into what is presently ocurring now in Israel, this is a good link to get. you can have them send it to your email account every day.

arutz sheva. google it
LTM

#416261 Jan 16, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you believe is true than anyone who doesn't pray should be living a very poor uneventful life.
I don't pray for things to happen or change, and I have everything I need or desire.
Great family, perfect health, positive outlook, no money issues.....LIFES GOOD!
Why would any God desire that you worship him? God would desire or need nothing. I would believe that God would expect all of his creation to just get along, and help each other out.
... Millions of people pray BILLIONS of prayers everyday of the year, wanting things for themselves and others, and look around at the divisions, ignorance and hatred throughout our world.
I am very happy for you Michael, you have everything you want .
Because you have , I know many non believers who do not have.
As a Christian, I wouldn't classify myself as material rich but I have all I need or want I am satisfied.
There are many rich christians, and there are many very poor christian materially.
A persons treasure is where their heart is Miclael.
I may live from one cheque to another but you know what I feed 8 people on my money, I have been doing that since May last year.
I get each month and I have money left over how I don't know.
All my bills get paid as well.
You want to talk about a miracles, God multiplies all my supplies
I don't worry I an very content.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Buck Crick 733,058
AOL - Do not use 9 min yon 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min Stephania 599,945
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 14 min Just TLC 4,338
nuru massage service in Dubai ,Dubai massage nu... (Feb '14) 17 min dubaimassage 9
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 20 min Falcon 746
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 20 min JUDEletePete 117,975
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr River Tam 226,359
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 258,001
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Blck 106
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••