Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 626949 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Poplar Bluff, MO

#416273 Jan 16, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 21:1 Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them.
2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.
3 If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him.
4 If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself.
5 And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:
I would type this in all caps, but I am not a screaming bitch.
Who let teh Dogs OUT ?
Woof Woof !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#416274 Jan 16, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo's head is spinning again.
I never said that you approved. Again -- "Hojo says Jesus approves of bank fraud and Priests raping orphans. I disagree."
So which is it Hojo?
1... The Standards of Jesus say it is OK for His appointed Church to use diplomatic immunity to avoid accountability in immoral behavior.
Or...
2... The Standards of Jesus say it is NOT OK for His appointed Church to use diplomatic immunity to avoid accountability in immoral behavior.
Think. Bank investigations, Schools for the Deaf, Orphanages.
These are not traditional reasons to claim diplomatic immunity.
What do you believe about Jesus' standards?
Where did I (ever) that Jesus approves of bank fraud, rape or
ANY sin! You must have some sort of "mental disorder" that allows you to (dream this up) to go along with the "hate and hostility" that you have for Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. You need to get some "psychiatric" help-Free Mind for the anti-catholic vengenance and hate that has "corrupted" your heart, mind and soul!!The Standards of Jesus have "totally escaped" you and your other Protestant bible only "buffoons" You Protestants continue to live you "shallow (half-truth, half-heresy (so-called) Christian life that is stuck in an (exaggerated hole) of lies, distortion and deceit that is twisted and judgementally (preverted). Let us Catholics know when you have finally decided to "Climb out of your jet black hole", of anti-catholic garbage and trash!!"
truth

Perth, Australia

#416275 Jan 16, 2013
Simply turn other side of face when someone put critic..spit spit spit over me if going be better for you..Jesus been one of them.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#416276 Jan 16, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Yes and NO !!!!
I am all ears "quest".LOL
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#416277 Jan 16, 2013
Be back tomorrow "quest"

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#416278 Jan 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you are! But when it comes to facts and logic, you cover your ears and yell.

Exodus 21:1 Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them.

2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.

3 If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him.

4 If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself.

5 And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:

Yell at me or ignore me; the bible god doesn't change.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416279 Jan 16, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn...Waiting for proof of your first lie. Surely there must be yellow page ads with something like cheap divorce call your nearest RCC. 50% off if you call today! Thanks!
Actually, there are paid ads for Catholic annulments and annulment assistance.

http://annulmentwriter.webs.com/...

Others just use generic web promotion.

http://www.divorcehelp.net/annulment.html

Sweet. If you pay your money, stats say you have an 80% chance of getting it cheap.

But some requests are denied and must be appealed. More money.

In the end, with enough money, an annulment is virtually guaranteed.

It's a nice franchise.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#416280 Jan 16, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there are paid ads for Catholic annulments and annulment assistance.
http://annulmentwriter.webs.com/...
Others just use generic web promotion.
http://www.divorcehelp.net/annulment.html
Sweet. If you pay your money, stats say you have an 80% chance of getting it cheap.
But some requests are denied and must be appealed. More money.
In the end, with enough money, an annulment is virtually guaranteed.
It's a nice franchise.
First Annulment is not divorce as the site states and I clearly said, but the accusation is insisted that the church is selling divorces not annulments for $3,000 but it would have been many more thousands if he had not known someone amongst other allegations.

The site you posted for annulment a 6 month to 1 year proceeding with a free advocate is an independent person who helps with the proceedings of an annulment. Furthermore the site says IF THE Person is unable to pay for the proceeding the fee is reduced or eliminated. However the discussion is not about annulment but divorce so no need to run down your rabbit holes as that was gone over adnauseum.

Again take your focus factor and prove the teaching that the church today is selling indulgences and encouraging divorce for profit without deflecting. Thanks!

From the site you posted and unless you are talking about divorce this is another deflection so get over it.

It takes 6 months to 1 year to complete the annulment process.

An advocate is assigned to represent you free of charge by the Tribunal. You are not required to hire a Cannon Lawyer or anyone else to handle the annulment process for you.

You do not attend the hearing or appear in court.

You will not be 'cross-examined' or even see your ex-spouse.

The cost of an annulment varies depending on the filing party's income and ability to pay. Most Archdiocese have plans for payment of the fees in monthly installments.

For example, the following total costs are being reported:

NY, the cost ranged from $25 to a maximum of $225,
Madison, WI the cost averaged $190,
Chicago the a fee of $250 is requested, but waived in part or in whole if the filing party is unable to pay
Lafayette LA,$225

Lay people are also paid and there are costs for acquiring information.

Again however the accusation is not annulment but divorce. So provide proof of divorce not annullment deflection. Thanks!
preston

Waverly, OH

#416281 Jan 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
he is probably disagreeing with this statement of yours.

Once a person soul leaves the body they are either in heaven with the Lord or they are in Hell, and will remind there for all eternity.

I certainly agree with the first part of this statement. when my grandfather died and soon came back to life, he had been in the Presence of what he called the "greats in heaven". andd I certainly would neve disagree with him words and what he saw, and in 1982, as I asked God when i was going to do the job that He told me about, the Lord answered.

as far as hell is concerned, the Bible says that hell and the grave gave up the dead that are in them and they are cast into the lake of fire.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#416282 Jan 16, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
First Annulment is not divorce as the site states and I clearly said, but the accusation is insisted that the church is selling divorces not annulments for $3,000 but it would have been many more thousands if he had not known someone amongst other allegations.
The site you posted for annulment a 6 month to 1 year proceeding with a free advocate is an independent person who helps with the proceedings of an annulment. Furthermore the site says IF THE Person is unable to pay for the proceeding the fee is reduced or eliminated. However the discussion is not about annulment but divorce so no need to run down your rabbit holes as that was gone over adnauseum.
Again take your focus factor and prove the teaching that the church today is selling indulgences and encouraging divorce for profit without deflecting. Thanks!
From the site you posted and unless you are talking about divorce this is another deflection so get over it.
An advocate is assigned to represent you free of charge by the Tribunal. You are not required to hire a Cannon Lawyer or anyone else to handle the annulment process for you.
The cost of an annulment varies depending on the filing party's income and ability to pay. Most Archdiocese have plans for payment of the fees in monthly installments.
Chicago the a fee of $250 is requested, but waived in part or in whole if the filing party is unable to pay
Lafayette LA,$225
Again however the accusation is not annulment but divorce. So provide proof of divorce not annullment deflection. Thanks!
Back in '78 my annulment cost me $350. Not bad. They never told me what it was based on. I don't care, I got it.

NOW one reason for annulment is whether or not a person was psychologically "mature enough" at the time of the marriage. That is ridiculous, as I doubt anybody is ever fully psychologically mature.

I never did believe in the annulment process as I see it as a loophole, nothing more. I wasn't even going to apply for it, but I was an active Catholic at the time and the guilt and fear did me in. Powerful control mechanisms.

The really disgusting part is that the priest who got it for me turned out to be gay and having an affair with another man. How could he tell me getting an annulment was extremely important when he was doing something totally against what he preached? At least this affair was with an adult male and not an underaged kid. He's listed on, I forget what they call it, and it says he never came forward. He has since passed on. I really hope God forgave him. I'm not against gays at all, everybody knows that, but priests such as he really come down hard on them. This guy was one hell of a hypocrite.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#416283 Jan 16, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Lafayette LA,$225
Those sites are bogus.

Hey, did you hear? Evangelical ecclesial gathering groups are charging $25k per altar call! And they're not giving anyone a break either. If someone can't afford it, tough noogies. They should be ashamed (if they had any shame)!
Robert Dye

United States

#416284 Jan 16, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn...Waiting for proof of your first lie. Surely there must be yellow page ads with something like cheap divorce call your nearest RCC. 50% off if you call today! Thanks!
Wull ... there is a bit of a point here. Not that I agree that the Church is selling annulments, but I think there IS a perception that this happens.
Just looking at some of the Kennedy cases makes me shake my head.
When my diocese was founded in 1972, the priests pushed for a policy that there would be absolutely NO document or processing fee for annulments.(The process is kind of expensive, what with all the Xerox costs, postage, and time for the priests who serve on the tribunal.) Rather, annulments would be funded through the Diocesan Development Fund, SPECIFICALLY to avoid the appearance that we were "selling annulments."
As for disciple calling this "simony," you've got me. It makes no sense.
Simony is the sale of a religious office, and is prohibited by Canon Law (specifically BECAUSE it had happened in the past. You generally don't prhibit something no one has ever done. You don't even think about it.)
Most of the folks who spend time attacking the CC on the board are not worth the time. They don't WANT to know what the CC actually teaches ... they just want to make an attack.
Meh.
Rob
preston

Waverly, OH

#416285 Jan 16, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Those sites are bogus.
Hey, did you hear? Evangelical ecclesial gathering groups are charging $25k per altar call! And they're not giving anyone a break either. If someone can't afford it, tough noogies. They should be ashamed (if they had any shame)!
I googled this statement of your and found no proof of it. you say they have no shame, your statement is a SHAM.

Evangelical ecclesial gathering groups are charging $25k per altar call!

if you are lying just to make a point, what is the point(that old prof of mine said that 2, but since he is dead, it belongs 2 me now)? as I alway say.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#416286 Jan 16, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Those sites are bogus.
12 Myths about Annulments

MYTH NUMBER ONE:

A Divorced Person is Automatically Excommunicated from the Catholic Church

The truth is that divorce itself does not affect or alter a person's status in the Catholic Church. Divorce is

a function of the civil law and secular courts. Although it has been a widespread misconception for many

years, it is a myth that a divorced Catholic is "excommunicated," this is, not able to receive the

sacraments within the Church.

MYTH NUMBER TWO:

An Annulment Costs Thousands of Dollars

The truth is that no Tribunal anywhere in the world asks for "thousands of dollars," although the fee

requested for an annulment process does vary from one Tribunal to another. In the Archdiocese of

Baltimore, the requested fees range from one hundred dollars to five hundred dollars, depending on the type

of case, but the fee the Petitioner pays is only about one-half of the Tribunal's actual cost for a case. It is

a myth that the process costs thousands of dollars, and in fact no one is ever turned away from a

Tribunal because of their inability to pay a fee.

MYTH NUMBER THREE:

12 myths about marriage annulments in the Catholic Church

Only Catholic Marriages Need to be Annulled

The truth is that every marriage is considered a promise for life, a promise until death. It makes no

difference whether that promise was made in a Catholic ceremony or not. No one, no matter what their

religious affiliation or membership, is considered free to contract another marriage if they were married

previously. Every prior marriage must be investigated and annulled before a person can enter a new

marriage. It is a myth that no annulment is required if a person wasn't married in a Catholic ceremony.

MYTH NUMBER FOUR:

If an Annulment is Granted the Children will be Illegitimate

The truth is that an ecclesiastical annulment is concerned only with the spouses, and not the children. An

annulment has no effect at all on the legitimacy of children, or other arrangements regarding children, such

as custody or support. These are all concerns of the civil law, and an ecclesiastical annulment has

absolutely no effects under civil law. It is a myth that granting an annulment makes the children

illegitimate.

http://www.archbalt.org/loader.cfm...
preston

Waverly, OH

#416287 Jan 16, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Wull ... there is a bit of a point here. Not that I agree that the Church is selling annulments, but I think there IS a perception that this happens.
When my diocese was founded in 1972, the priests pushed for a policy that there would be absolutely NO document or processing fee for annulments.(The process is kind of expensive, what with all the Xerox costs, postage, and time for the priests who serve on the tribunal.) Rather, annulments would be funded through the Diocesan Development Fund, SPECIFICALLY to avoid the appearance that we were "selling annulments."
Simony is the sale of a religious office, and is prohibited by Canon Law (specifically BECAUSE it had happened in the past. You generally don't prhibit something no one has ever done. You don't even think about it.)
Most of the folks who spend time attacking the CC on the board are not worth the time. They don't WANT to know what the CC actually teaches ... they just want to make an attack.
Meh.
Rob
look, there is no difference betwen divorce and an annulment, just a twisting of words so your church can make some extra money. in other words, just another opportunity to rip your constituents
off.

with your annulments, you just simply make it into a legal contract that your church can break, in a marriage contract, that makes it a heavenly contract that no person can break.

your church will sink to unknown depths(hell) to play god.

please dont answer, I dont feel the urge to regurgitate this early in the morning
Robert Dye

United States

#416288 Jan 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying what? That we pray to Mary asking her to intercede on our behalf?
Never mind.
.Your reply (How despicable!) went right over Freem's head.
If s/he couldn't catch THAT, there's NO way you're going to get rational responses.
Rob
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#416289 Jan 16, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh.
Rob
disciple would be funny if not so sad. No they dont. However disciple is not talking about annulments. I clarified that. He/She insists its divorce the church is selling not annulments and then made some ridiculous claim of the amount. I would have to go back and read it but I think it said 10k and only 3k because he knew someone.

I have asked them to produce the teaching or proof of the practice of the church selling divorces for profit. His Simony claim is bogus.

He also claims the church is currently selling indulgences. I have asked him to prove his allegation. No time at all is warranted with him until he does.

Fr. Dye the reality is more than a few of the people on these boards were kicked off of Catholic Answers boards by their own admission exactly because as you say they are not interested in learning anything but only putting for preconceived notions as truth with no intention of any charity. The allegations are endless. The Pope said he is God. The Jesuit Oath etc. The pope says pedophilia is normal and on and on and on. Twisted excerpts from the Catechism, false catechisms, catholic sites that arent catholic presented, Mary Ann Colins the fictitious Nun, Jack Chick, Loraine Boetner, Davinci Code, and on and on. Some in here even got kicked off topix. What you have to do to have that happen has got be pretty serious. lol

Regardless it does sometimes wake up Catholics to how much hostility is out there. I think the biggest problem in the church right now is lack of knowledge about the faith. I could go into great detail on that, but these wolves are out there waiting to devour anyone seperatated and if not grounded they can be led astray.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#416290 Jan 16, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I googled this statement of your and found no proof of it. you say they have no shame, your statement is a SHAM.
Evangelical ecclesial gathering groups are charging $25k per altar call!
if you are lying just to make a point, what is the point(that old prof of mine said that 2, but since he is dead, it belongs 2 me now)? as I alway say.
That's only if you have connections, otherwise it's $40K. True story. I have friends in other countries. Ooops, they just moved. Hey, what do you know, it only costs $35K in their new country, and I hear they throw in an extra Hallelujah and canned vienna sausages at the basement reception afterward. This getting better and better. Stay tuned!
Robert Dye

United States

#416291 Jan 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I mean Rob :
The cathoic church has over stepping Gods authority.
{ Although the Rev. Bernard Casper was improperly practicing as a priest for at least three decades, any sacraments administered by him would be considered valid, a spokesman for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester said Thursday}
YOUR KIDDING RIGHT BECAUSE GODS WORD SAYS DIFFERENTLY. ROB.
SORRY . THIS ONLY GOES TO PROVE CATHOLIC'S HAVE CHANGED THE WORD OF GOD TO BUILT ON A DOCTRINE OF DECEPTION .
Valid, but illicit.
If I use pasterirized grape juice to celebeate mass, it's valid, because it's vaid matter for consecration.
But it's illicit, because it is outside the established norms of canon law.
.Sacraments performed by a priest without faculties are still valid, because he's validly ordained, and ordination cannot ge done away with.
But every priest legally in minisrty has to have faculties granted him by a local ordinary. The priest in question did NOT have faculties, so sacraments he celebrated (masses, confessions, confirmations, baptisms) were all valid, but not licit.
.What that means, practically speaking, is that every time he celebrated a sacrament without faculties to do so, he committed mortal sin, and that's on him, and NOT on those who received the sacraments at his hands.
Rob
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#416292 Jan 16, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh.
Rob
No it's not.
The Catholics define it as the selling of spiritual things.
Read the Bible is clear about that. Matrimony and indulgences are spiritual, or artifacts that have spiritual value.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min RiccardoFire 615,629
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Mocking Jay 950,233
You are of your 'father'.......the devil 39 min Doctor REALITY 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 49 min Aussie Kev 663
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 58 min Lbj 42,215
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Frank Merton 179,976
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr gundee123 14,126
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 278,327
More from around the web