Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665402 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416170 Jan 16, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he states " And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven" jesus decended to heaven where he is so is his church after all he is the foundation of the church,peter was the head apostle,directed the others to go and preach gods word,as he guarded the gates to heaven....just a theory that does make some sense.
Peter was not infallible...and he was not the superior apostle.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#416171 Jan 16, 2013
The best minds will tell you that when a man has begotten a child he is morally bound to tenderly care for it, protect it from hurt, shield it from disease, clothe it, feed it, bear with its waywardness, lay no hand upon it save in kindness and for its own good, and never in any case inflict upon it a wanton cruelty. God's treatment of his earthly children, every day and every night, is the exact opposite of all that, yet those best minds warmly justify these crimes, condone them, excuse them, and indignantly refuse to regard them as crimes at all, when he commits them. Your country and mine is an interesting one, but there is nothing there that is half so interesting as the human mind.
-- Mark Twain, Letters from the Earth

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#416172 Jan 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
THE QUESTION THAT HAS GONE UNANSWERED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH REMAINS..
AND TO-DATE IS HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED BY ANY ROMAN CATHOLIC HERE..
IT IS
WHAT IS YOUR HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE..???
The apostle PETER WROTE THAT YOU SHOULD set the Lord apart in our hearts and PROVIDE A REASON (to any one that ask) FOR YOUR HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE...
1Pe_3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
IT IS A SIMPLE QUESTION ...
GIVE THE ANSWER PLEASE.
no name calling pleas..
no Roman Catholic history please
no quoting from some Saint...
but your own personal reason for your own personal hope
of eternal life...
~~~

WHAT IS YOUR HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE..what do you base your hope of eternal existence upon.

I have posted the above question here several times. Fact is ...it was ask in my first post on this forum...years ago.

It is a crucial question...

Which ... if it cannot be honestly answered on earth....before one dies

and leaves this world.

The answer proves.... One either has hope of eternal life in heaven

or in hell.

which is it... and on what premise/promise from God's word ?...is it predicated?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416173 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
WHAT IS YOUR HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE..what do you base your hope of eternal existence upon.
I have posted the above question here several times. Fact is ...it was ask in my first post on this forum...years ago.
and leaves this world.
or in hell.
which is it... and on what premise/promise from God's word ?...is it predicated?
GIF,

I am hoping for a far better life then this one that I know live in.....

My hope is that I can live forever.....

My hope is built on the promises of God....

Titus 1:2

2 in the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time,

This eternal life is found "in Jesus Christ!"
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416174 Jan 16, 2013
correction: far better life then this one that I "NOW" live in....

sorry

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#416175 Jan 16, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
and leaves this world.
or in hell.
My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less ...Hymn

My hope is built on nothing less
Than JesusÂ’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in JesusÂ’ Name.

Refrain

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

Refrain

His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

Refrain

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Refrain

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416176 Jan 16, 2013
Colossians 1:27-28

27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

28 He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ.

Christ is our hope of eternal life.....
preston

Athens, OH

#416177 Jan 16, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>levity?? didn't read like that to me,and you do it to often,as you are doing so right now.
NO! I am serious now, you stick your nose in on a private conversation between myself, karen and LTM about how we eat bean soup and GIF came on and said that is how he does it too.

it is and was none of your business. so shove it. I dont like you and never will. 2 me, you are a heathen
truth

Lesmurdie, Australia

#416178 Jan 16, 2013
When you have tired eyes
before you go sleep
what you see
''trun nije gospino mliko=log is not mother mary milk''
i see
river as cross blue toward purple
all around yellow light
oh when i go sleep
what i can see
i can see river blue as purple all around yellow light
when i go sleep
did my life
will be like that
as river in light
MICHAEL

Canada

#416179 Jan 16, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do believe you people are ignorant. You've demonstrated it enough times.
You have absolutely no idea who confessed what, when. Anyone can copy bits and pieces of Canon Law or the Catechism or Scripture for that matter. It's understanding what you're reading that's key. The ability to recite it means zilch.
Again...you have no idea about anyone's confession, unless you're trying to tell us you're God now??! What, being St. Paul reincarnated isn't good enough for you anymore?
How many times have you and other catholics on here posted that you DON'T PRAY TO MARY you pray WITH MARY?

I see a lot of praying TO Mary here.

http://www.catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php...

BUSTED!
MICHAEL

Canada

#416180 Jan 16, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>NO! I am serious now, you stick your nose in on a private conversation between myself, karen and LTM about how we eat bean soup and GIF came on and said that is how he does it too.
it is and was none of your business. so shove it. I dont like you and never will. 2 me, you are a heathen
Preston aka (attemcowboy) says.....

......it is and was none of your business. so shove it. I dont like you and never will. 2 me, you are a heathen.

Michael says.......you always have something nice to say. Its good, your christian upbringing taught you to be so polite to others.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Drake

Louisville, KY

#416181 Jan 16, 2013
The Vatican is going back to the old ways because they have regained a great amount of power. Read Eric Phelps' book Vatican Assassins.

Drake Shelton
Louisville Truthers
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#416182 Jan 16, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>not a conspiracy theorist,it states in the real commandments not to make graven images above and below earth,and the church did,and proits heavily from it,you know a catholic house when you drive by one because you see a statue of mostly mary,but i've seen other saints also,my g/f's parents have one of mary and one of joeseph in their yard,and as stated before i have seen people bowing in front of these idols and saying sometype prayer,and that is wrong,i did not say it is,god did, and the church chooses to ignore it.again one more thing they ignore in the bible they flauntily claim they gave to the world,they plagerized certain books that were stolen from the holy land used ones that would work in combination with paganism,and created catholocism to keep the people of the roman empire happy,the history is there it is corroborated... and yes the church does do good work but they open a place to feed people and let them sleep in a basement,but the food that is served is not coming from the church directly but through donations from people,they don't pay for it themselves,case in point in my old home town there is a catholic church there that has an old rectory that they haven't used for many years,the town asked if they could use it as a food pantry for the poor,and they said yes,next question was "how much do you want to pay for the use of the building?" true story,the church does everything for a profit.
Couple things Jethro.

first: I don't believe your last part of the story about the CC wanting to charge people to use their old rectory as a food shelf. You guys really want to believe it, but I'm guessing somebody has got some info wrong.

Second: The Roman Catholic Church compiled the New Testament Bible in the 4th century, using the writings they determined to be inspired to them. If you have evidence to the contrary, id like to see it.

Third: How come God said "Do not make unto thee any graven images"... Then later, commanded the Israelites to make graven images of Angels?
could it be that the first one had to do with worshiping false gods, and had nothing to do with a general rule on images themselves?
Pat

East Granby, CT

#416184 Jan 16, 2013
Give a man a wish and he will wish you hadn't for if you teach him how to wish he will wish his life away attempting to send silent wishes to an absent sky wizard and will accomplish nothing at all.
truth

Lesmurdie, Australia

#416183 Jan 16, 2013
don't be affraid from tired life
when i put my hand on prayers
i cry
don't be afraid from tears
its emotion its love
log is not mother mary milk
when i go sleep
i see
blue river so pure and yellow beautifull light..
oh
don't be afraid from my tears
i cry
when i pray
many times
LIES

East Granby, CT

#416185 Jan 16, 2013
truth wrote:
don't be affraid from tired life
when i put my hand on prayers
i cry
don't be afraid from tears
its emotion its love
log is not mother mary milk
when i go sleep
i see
blue river so pure and yellow beautifull light..
oh
don't be afraid from my tears
i cry
when i pray
many times
What you say is true!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#416186 Jan 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont live on a farm in Indiana, I live in a small town of 1200 or so, in Ohio.
so lets look at those who you think might be more reliable than myself.
which of them have you ever read that gave a personal testimony that God sent a man back to tell them that He had a job for them to do?
which of them have you ever heard that gave a personal testimony that jesus appeared to them right before they almost were killed?
those two experiences do give me that authority, when they go along with God calling me to do that Job that my grandfather was sent back to tell me.
which of them have you ever read that gave a testimony that God filled them with the Holy Ghost as John wrote about in chapter 7, verses 37-39.
the answer is NONE. those three experiences make me different than any person that you have ever met or talked to.I dont say them to brag, they are the Truth.
Preston, you should get out more often.
truth

Lesmurdie, Australia

#416187 Jan 16, 2013
corupt world who sold own soul will tell you who they are pretending and using good soul did they are..so visible evilllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllll

so what
they deserve
they try hide
but they fall as they know they are fall

byyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Lesmurdie, Australia

#416188 Jan 16, 2013
you don't need respect corupt authority not at all..definitly not
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#416189 Jan 16, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>undoubtly, the pope has not talked to Dust Storm who just yesterday told us that the rcc doesnt issue indulgences.
this is pathetic, when you think that they(teh rcc) cant come up with any more stupidity, they DO!
Another lie from Presto the Great Apostle. lol I never said the church does not grant indulgences. The church does not grant indulgences for money which in context is what Regina was saying as well against the false accusations of Disciple. Then I posted several myths all of which Protestants in here have stated incorrectly because you dont care if you post lies. Dont post to me or about me Preston as you are incapable of telling the truth. You can hitch your wagon to other geniuses like LTM. lol I do notice several of the Protestants need to tell us how smart you are because obviously it isnt recognized by anyone but you. You better check with LTM to see if you are as smart as her. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Clearwater 88,269
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 55 min Brian_G 284,602
The Future of Politics in America 1 hr Johnny 268
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Neville Thompson 969
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 184,765
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 2 hr Sad Days in America 26
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 3 hr truth 603
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 5 hr Seentheotherside 179
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Aussie Kev 977,403
More from around the web