Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
400,701 - 400,720 of 536,750 Comments Last updated 23 min ago
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Deuteronomy 8:3

3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

...to teach you that man does NOT live on bread alone .....

but on EVERY WORD that comes from the mouth of the Lord...
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>look, you asked him for that info, he GAVE it 2 u
and it didnt take him "very long", did it?
people dont know other people on here, yet we assume that when they say something it is lies just because they dont attend the church that we belong to.
he made a statement and you disagreed, you can do that but when you asked him for that info, you KNEW in your heart that he wouldnt give it to you,well you were WRONG, now YOU need to contact them like you said that you would do. even tho it will be a waste of time, since they will stonewall you or lie(if it is the truth, and as long as he has been on here, Disciple has shown himself to be a honorable person).
and even when he got mad at me for exposing another person, I still considered him a smart person with integrity, a trait somewhat lacking on this forum.
Now you said that you would do it, so do it.
LOL, wrong, Preston. I was hoping he would give me the information, not that I need it. Now you're saying you won't accept the answer if it's contrary to what he said! What a shocker! A fundie denying the truth is no surprise to anyone. The fact remains that he or his relative lied. The Church does not grant divorces, nor does she sell indulgences. Not in this country or any other country. The Bishop told me.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight....(I'm laughing as I type)...you don't believe in people being caught up into the clouds but you do believe Jesus' actual body is sitting in a bowl during a catholic mass? funny stuff.....
I guess you don't believe Christ walked on water or turned the water into wine then?

Your rapture concept is new, is it not? I'm talking about the 'left behind' crap and not the actual last day of Earth.

You guys get caught up into Heaven and the rest of the world - including Catholics - have to suffer for awhile. Right?
I say you added to the Book of Revelation.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>BUT THAT VERSE GOES ON TO SAY THAT HE MUST AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY CONFESS HIS SINS.
Law has never done that yet to anyones knowledge and your church continues to protect him thru diplomatic immunity as has been said on here many times lately.
law is a public figure so show us his confession of guilt. you cant for one simple reason, the dirt from your church hiding him couldnt be hidden any longer, could it?
the crimes(not sins)would then be exposed, and all of the catholics that he gave communion to, would be worried for their soul,as well as they should.
look it is very simple to get Saved, repent of your sins and ask the Lord to have mercy on your soul and accept that mercy, and from that time on, you dont have to wory about a sinful priest or a sinful Pastor, YOU WILL KNOW WHAT GOD HAS DONT FOR YOU IN FORGIVING YOU,
that is what some Protestants on this forum have done and they can tell you that what I say to you is the truth.
you put your TRUST in that piece of grain, I put my trust in His Sacrifice
How the hell do you know when Law confessed?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

He who eats this bread will live forever.

Physical bread.....NO!!!

Spiritual bread....YES!!!

Digest the TRUTH which Jesus taught in the WORD OF GOD....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
In your theology sin is sin, so it doesn't matter if you had an impure thought or murdered your adulterous lover.
Which means of course that God doesn't hear the prayers of protestant preachers either, unless you claim to be sinless.
well, unlike your priests, when and before we partake, we have Prayer, and make SURE nothing is between God and ourself. if it is, we take care of it right then by asking for forgiveness, which isnt hard to do.

and like others on here, I have seen some people take more time at prayer than others, when that happens, we gather around that person and lift them up by praying for them.

WE CARE!

and then we can give our thankgiving by partaking in remembrance of His sacrifice which is the ONLY way it is done.

that is what he meant and his followers taught that 2.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more sad than funny...
Christ is in Heaven seated at the right hand of the Father and not in a bowl at the local catholic church.
Yes it is sad that you do not understand scripture nor the power of God and limit Him to a singular place.

The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ? Because there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread. 1 Cor. 10:16-17

For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said,'This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.' In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying,'This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.' For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord. 1 Cor. 11:23-27

"'The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not communion of the Blood of Christ?' Very trustworthily and awesomely does he say it. For what he is saying is this:'What is in the cup is that which flowed from His side, and we partake of it.' He called it a cup of blessing because when we hold it in our hands that is how we praise Him in song, wondering and astonished at His indescribable Gift, blessing Him because of His having poured out this very Gift so that we might not remain in error, and not only for His having poured out It out, but also for His sharing It with all of us." "Homilies on the First Letter to the Corinthians" [24,1] ca. 392 A.D. St John Chrysostom
Anthony MN

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>BUT THAT VERSE GOES ON TO SAY THAT HE MUST AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY CONFESS HIS SINS.
Law has never done that yet to anyones knowledge and your church continues to protect him thru diplomatic immunity as has been said on here many times lately.
law is a public figure so show us his confession of guilt. you cant for one simple reason, the dirt from your church hiding him couldnt be hidden any longer, could it?
the crimes(not sins)would then be exposed, and all of the catholics that he gave communion to, would be worried for their soul,as well as they should.
look it is very simple to get Saved, repent of your sins and ask the Lord to have mercy on your soul and accept that mercy, and from that time on, you dont have to wory about a sinful priest or a sinful Pastor, YOU WILL KNOW WHAT GOD HAS DONT FOR YOU IN FORGIVING YOU,
that is what some Protestants on this forum have done and they can tell you that what I say to you is the truth.
"BUT THAT VERSE GOES ON TO SAY THAT HE MUST AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY CONFESS HIS SINS.

Law has never done that yet ..."

You don't know that Preston. Should his confession be public? Why? Do evangelicals confess all of their sins publically?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I received the grace of salvation at my baptism. That was probably a mid-meeting swim for you guys.
were you 3 months old too?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

The life giving ability that Jesus offers and gives to us is connected with His words.

John 6:45

45 It is written in the Prophets:‘They will all be TAUGHT by God.’ Everyone who has HEARD the Father and learned from Him comes to me.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
Transcripts of peoples confessions at Church aren't published.

Why would you concern yourself over communion Law distributed? Is sin transmittable from crackers? That's what communion is to you. You just told me Christ was incorruptible, so a Catholic has no concern over this. They received Christ, not a cracker with "cooties" or whatever.

You're throwing so much mud that you can't keep track of your own positions.

Maybe you should have cut speed reading class and gone to remedial comprehension instead.
Fun Facts

Freeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
One can "debate" Scripture until the cows come home, because nothing can be proven..."
you may not have considered...
"...that these facts were miraculous and true.

In 1970-71, and taken up again partly in 1981, there took place a scientific investigation by the most illustrious scientist Prof. Odoardo Linoli, eminent Professor in Anatomy and Pathological Histology and in Chemistry and Clinical Microscopy. He was assisted by Prof. Ruggero Bertelli of the University of Siena. The analyses were conducted with absolute and unquestionable scientific precision, and they were documented with a series of microscopic photographs. These analyses sustained the following conclusions:

The Flesh is real flesh. The Blood is real Blood.

The Flesh and the Blood belong to the human species.

The Flesh consists of the muscular tissue of the heart..."
http://www.michaeljournal.org/eucharist3.htm

Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Truth wrote:
Can our spiritual needs be satisfied by anything in this material world???
Absolutely NOT!!!
Can your death denying fairytales save you from your eternal death?

Absolutely NOT!!!
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Truth wrote:
Will shopping cure a guilty conscience full of sin???
Absolutely NOT!!!
Did Jesus getting crucified for the sins of others accomplish anything at all?

Absolutely NOT!!! No different than an innocent man going to the electric chair absolves the actual criminal for his crime.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Eucharist is the body and blood of Christ, thus uncorruptible.
Chew on that, wiseass.
No it isn't - it is just a symbolic representation within the mass.

....and yes, they are corruptible.

You are delusional.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

The life giving ability that Jesus offers and gives to us is connected with His WORDS.

John 6:47

47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on ME (Jesus-WORD) hath everlasting life.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Truth wrote:
Ecclesiastes 3:11
11 He has made everything beautiful in its time.[[[[[He has also set eternity in the human heart;]]]]]~~~yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.~~~
You would have to be able to fathom what god has done in order to make such a calim. More bible dishonesty...
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>well, I guess that you and Christians dont have much in common then, because we received His grace when we got Saved.
I got saved on 8/25/82, was filled with the Holy Ghost on 8/27/82, baptised 9 months and one day later than that.
so at your baptism, all you got was wet, nothing more.
and I wouldnt like to have your chances as my chance of Salvtion, and since I stand for His Word, I reject those like you who make mockery out of it because they have been lied to and wrongly taught.
when you find out that you have been lied to, it will be to late, and thru eternity, you will remember the words from this old country boy.
You "stand for His Word" except for the stuff you ignore about baptism, the Eucharist, etc. Get rid of all that stuff and you "stand for His Word".

Do you know how ridiculous you soudn right now? Straight up denying scripture while presuming to tell anyone that you "stand for His Word".

You and LTM and other stand only for your word, not His.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
More sad and funny than every evangelical who picks up a KJV and recites the sinner's prayer and proclaims Jesus is now IN him and has been made a new creation and is guided by the Holy Spirit unto all righteousness and is guaranteed heaven?
I think our claims are more reasonable, especially since Jesus clearly says it and clearly does not say the same about about evangelical claims.
show me where there is a"sinners prayer"in the kjv.you arent that dumb to believe that, so why did you say it?

the "sinners prayer" in in his heart, not written in any book.

so lets look at a certain sinner.

And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

and now lets look at your big man on campus,

cardinal law, hiding from justice, a fugitive from his own country.

I will take what Zacchaeus posssessed over the evil that Law brings to the Lords table.

your problem is this, what you are taught aint comparable to what the Bible says and teaches, why is that?

LOOK AT THE DIFERENCE!
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>do YOU really believe that WE are this ignorant or naive that we can beleive that cardinal law doesnt know his sins, when the whole world DOES?
{
CIC Can. 916 A person who is conscious of grave sin is not to celebrate Mass}
or receive the body of the Lord without previous sacramental confession unless there is a grave reason and there is no opportunity to confess; in this case the person is to remember the obligation to make an act of perfect contrition which includes the resolution of confessing as soon as possible.
even a garbage collecter wouldnt pick up that trash.it stinks so much.
yet you expect us to believe it?
Yes, I do believe you people are ignorant. You've demonstrated it enough times.

You have absolutely no idea who confessed what, when. Anyone can copy bits and pieces of Canon Law or the Catechism or Scripture for that matter. It's understanding what you're reading that's key. The ability to recite it means zilch.

Again...you have no idea about anyone's confession, unless you're trying to tell us you're God now??! What, being St. Paul reincarnated isn't good enough for you anymore?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

332 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 5 min Johnny 293
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min Some Casual Obser... 117,681
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min NoStress4me 441,033
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min AussieBobby 259,008
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 16 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,133
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min UIdiotRaceMakeWor... 172,884
Last Word + 2 25 min andet1987 409
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 41 min dirty white boy- 729,197
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr Juvia Loxar 101