Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685756 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#416085 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Every memorial can be traced back to its founder....
Okay.

Please inform me of the originator of this memorial runestone as well as the others that are listed.

This mystery has gone on far too long, and based upon your response, you seem to know the answer of its origin.

http://www.runes-for-health-wealth-love-now.c...

I think you are trying to mislead others with a flase ideology that you have no proof to support your stance.

What is in it for you, when you make up stories?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#416087 Jan 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Satan" isn't anywhere Rob, you are misguiding yourself and otehrs with this facade.
Why?
Oh wait - there he is.....*sticks tongue out at Satan* Boogie-boogie!!
"Satan" now probably has it in for me, huh?
Really? Is this your story?
Why are you so fearful of the world?
NASL

It is to my advantage, and the world's advantage to serve God.

To deceive oneself into not believing in the power and intellectual ability of Satan in the heavens and the earth....hmmmm.... Sounds like a trip on the Titanic, straight down into the coldest depths of the sea.....brrrr.....To cold. A place of only dim light.

I prefer a warm spring day. Green pastures, still waters.

You can have your New Dark Age, soon its resources will be used up, all the waters and air polluted, pestilence and disease coming....Its part of the trip Satan has in store on the Titanic, he just doesn't tell you....

Location hidden

#416088 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
You don't get to decide on your own which meaning we are to apply to the text. Your personal stories don't give you that kind of authority.
Preston, I like you as a person, but you are just a blip in the history of Christianity and the Church. There are countless who came before you that are infinately more reliable than someone living on a farm in Indiana in the year 2013. I think you should reflect onthat.
I dont live on a farm in Indiana, I live in a small town of 1200 or so, in Ohio.

so lets look at those who you think might be more reliable than myself.

which of them have you ever read that gave a personal testimony that God sent a man back to tell them that He had a job for them to do?

which of them have you ever heard that gave a personal testimony that jesus appeared to them right before they almost were killed?

those two experiences do give me that authority, when they go along with God calling me to do that Job that my grandfather was sent back to tell me.

which of them have you ever read that gave a testimony that God filled them with the Holy Ghost as John wrote about in chapter 7, verses 37-39.

the answer is NONE. those three experiences make me different than any person that you have ever met or talked to.I dont say them to brag, they are the Truth.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416089 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Even we know? lol.
Funny that there's ne'er a peep from you when evangelicals claim to be new creations with no physical proof. And our claim to be the one true Church pales in comparison to the things these folks say about the CC.
Absolutely true. I am not addressing the absurd evangelicals claims.

I am staying on board topic. Is the RCC spiritually superior to all other churches?

What are the fruits of this supposed superiority?

I address that topic. I do so with real-world facts and links.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416090 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Old protestant saw. The bible beaters working overtime to justify their denial of the plain words of scripture.
Of course it's an article of faith. The teaching is that the Eucharist is the body and blood of Christ under the species (appearance) of bread and wine.
I know what the teaching is.

That teaching is the basis for the claim of spiritual superiority.

Per your claim, "technically" there are no other "true" churches except the RCC. Think about it. You are claiming a spiritual superiority to 100% of America's Founders (Carroll was consider a heretic too by the Vatican.)

While your "perfect morals teacher" was fighting against concepts such as democracy, the rule of law, human rights, and other quaint concepts, a bunch of heretics were building the foundation of modern democracies.

The RCC hasn't been a moral leader since before the Reformation.

It fact, the RCC was so morally corrupt, it spawned a revolution.

The "one true" claim is busted by real-world events and facts. Jesus didn't die on the Cross to save 5% of mankind using a corrupt institution. That is absurd.
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#416091 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Every memorial can be traced back to its founder....
Hank, you've been avoiding answering him all afternoon. It's a simple question, what's the problem? You weren't this tongue tied when you were making insulting 'cracker' jokes about Jesus.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416092 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He said it.
It was the only interpretation until the Reformation-the "reformers" had to disassociate the Church so they disavowed the sacraments to break the connection with the Church. Made it easeier to win converts.
Of course there was "universal" agreement. During the Middle Ages, how did one disagree with the Vatican's interpretation -- without placing themselves in harms way?

At least one monk offered up objections and his works were banned. How many others were censored or worse?

Speaking of which, ever hear of Galileo? 100 years earlier and he would have been murdered for sure.

The RCC embraces that claim because it vests unique power within the Church Priesthood.

So how has all that spiritual superiority and perfection worked out?

Let's see. About 5% of humanity today are practicing Catholics who attend Mass regularly. With all that supposed guidance and perfection, one might have expected more from the RCC than 5%.

In the real world, we call that being BUSTED.

".... for ye shall know them by their deeds."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416093 Jan 15, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank, you've been avoiding answering him all afternoon. It's a simple question, what's the problem? You weren't this tongue tied when you were making insulting 'cracker' jokes about Jesus.
Regina,

I am sorry if I offended anyone....

It was NOT my intentions to make fun of the Lord's Supper....

You should know me better than that....

When I told Dan to take a break and get some soup and crackers, I was trying to get him to get away from this forum and take a break....

I wasn't even thinking about the Lord's Supper....

I guess I will take a break from this forum....

Location hidden

#416094 Jan 15, 2013
for robert f.

Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?

Laman: To usurp the authority of his older brother chickens and to take possession of their coop.

Brigham Young: Because this is the right place in the road.

Thomas: I don't really believe the chicken crossed the road.

Noah: Are you sure there weren't two chickens?

Lilburn W Boggs: I don't care which side of the road the chicken's on, you have permission to kill it.

Elder's Quorum President: It was the 31st and he had to get his Home Teaching done.

Relief Society President: That's where the refreshments were.

The Doctrine and Covenants: "The duty of a chicken is to cross the road when there is no other poultry present."

Mark Hoffman: Would you like to buy the chicken's original diary documenting his crossing of the road?

Lamoni's servants: We don't know why it crossed the road; all we know is it's wings had been cut off.

Martin Harris: I have never denied seeing the chicken cross the road.

Temple Square Guide: The acoustics are so good you can hear the chicken cross the road from any seat in the Tabernacle.

President Merrill J Bateman: I'm not so much concerned that the chicken crossed the road but that its feathers were not knee-length.

Gerald Lund: Not only did this chicken cross the road, but his whole family crossed the road as well. The grand, panoramic story of this chicken's family will be told in my soon-to-be-released 36 volume set "The Cluck and the Glory."

Nephi: It is better for a chicken to cross the road than a nation dwindle in unbelief.

Lorenzo Snow: As the egg is, the chicken once was; as the chicken is, the egg may become.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#416096 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont live on a farm in Indiana, I live in a small town of 1200 or so, in Ohio.
so lets look at those who you think might be more reliable than myself.
which of them have you ever read that gave a personal testimony that God sent a man back to tell them that He had a job for them to do?
which of them have you ever heard that gave a personal testimony that jesus appeared to them right before they almost were killed?
those two experiences do give me that authority, when they go along with God calling me to do that Job that my grandfather was sent back to tell me.
which of them have you ever read that gave a testimony that God filled them with the Holy Ghost as John wrote about in chapter 7, verses 37-39.
the answer is NONE. those three experiences make me different than any person that you have ever met or talked to.I dont say them to brag, they are the Truth.
If those stories were true, it wouldn't give you the authority on sacred scripture... teachings on things, like the Holy Eucharist were already revealed.. we don't need any more revelation on this subject nor countless others.

And yes Preston, people claim what you just claimed, every day in this world.
Many live in compounds awaiting the Apocalypse.

Location hidden

#416097 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
for robert f.
Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?
Laman: To usurp the authority of his older brother chickens and to take possession of their coop.
Brigham Young: Because this is the right place in the road.
Thomas: I don't really believe the chicken crossed the road.
Noah: Are you sure there weren't two chickens?
Lilburn W Boggs: I don't care which side of the road the chicken's on, you have permission to kill it.
Elder's Quorum President: It was the 31st and he had to get his Home Teaching done.
Relief Society President: That's where the refreshments were.
The Doctrine and Covenants: "The duty of a chicken is to cross the road when there is no other poultry present."
Mark Hoffman: Would you like to buy the chicken's original diary documenting his crossing of the road?
Lamoni's servants: We don't know why it crossed the road; all we know is it's wings had been cut off.
Martin Harris: I have never denied seeing the chicken cross the road.
Temple Square Guide: The acoustics are so good you can hear the chicken cross the road from any seat in the Tabernacle.
President Merrill J Bateman: I'm not so much concerned that the chicken crossed the road but that its feathers were not knee-length.
Gerald Lund: Not only did this chicken cross the road, but his whole family crossed the road as well. The grand, panoramic story of this chicken's family will be told in my soon-to-be-released 36 volume set "The Cluck and the Glory."
Nephi: It is better for a chicken to cross the road than a nation dwindle in unbelief.
Lorenzo Snow: As the egg is, the chicken once was; as the chicken is, the egg may become.
preston

lol....Very good. I am not up on LDS....But no doubt someone is....

Location hidden

#416098 Jan 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Satan" isn't anywhere Rob, you are misguiding yourself and otehrs with this facade.
Why?
Oh wait - there he is.....*sticks tongue out at Satan* Boogie-boogie!!
"Satan" now probably has it in for me, huh?
Really? Is this your story?
Why are you so fearful of the world?
NASL

I Peter 5 :8,9

Stay sober and alert. Your opponent the devil is prowling like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, solid in your faith.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#416099 Jan 15, 2013
Amen
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#416100 Jan 15, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
atem....
What you are refering to is called "valid but illicit". It has nothing to do with holiness, but rather what is lawful.
Since the priest is in the person of Christ, and not is Christ, the priest, and people are not perfectly holy....
The argument is very old. Mainly about corrupt priests, and whether that impinges on the validity of the sacraments.
Unless a priest has basically been laicized(kicked out of being a priest) or restricted by the RCC when they act as a priest in the Mass, still remains valid.....
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news3/20...
This is what I mean Rob :
The cathoic church has over stepping Gods authority.
{ Although the Rev. Bernard Casper was improperly practicing as a priest for at least three decades, any sacraments administered by him would be considered valid, a spokesman for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester said Thursday}
YOUR KIDDING RIGHT BECAUSE GODS WORD SAYS DIFFERENTLY. ROB.
SORRY . THIS ONLY GOES TO PROVE CATHOLIC'S HAVE CHANGED THE WORD OF GOD TO BUILT ON A DOCTRINE OF DECEPTION .
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#416101 Jan 15, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
atem....
What you are refering to is called "valid but illicit". It has nothing to do with holiness, but rather what is lawful.
Since the priest is in the person of Christ, and not is Christ, the priest, and people are not perfectly holy....
The argument is very old. Mainly about corrupt priests, and whether that impinges on the validity of the sacraments.
Unless a priest has basically been laicized(kicked out of being a priest) or restricted by the RCC when they act as a priest in the Mass, still remains valid.....
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news3/20...
After reading that link I think all you catholic's are full of prunes. Did you read it Rob come on. "GEE"

Location hidden

#416102 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I mean Rob :
The cathoic church has over stepping Gods authority.
{ Although the Rev. Bernard Casper was improperly practicing as a priest for at least three decades, any sacraments administered by him would be considered valid, a spokesman for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester said Thursday}
YOUR KIDDING RIGHT BECAUSE GODS WORD SAYS DIFFERENTLY. ROB.
SORRY . THIS ONLY GOES TO PROVE CATHOLIC'S HAVE CHANGED THE WORD OF GOD TO BUILT ON A DOCTRINE OF DECEPTION .
LTM

Here is were it hinges....Can God do good?

I am sure you agree God is all good.

If God is all good, then can God use sinful man to do good?

It is a deep question, but I think you will agree that God can use a sinful man to effect a good outcome, in God's Will.

Therefore, it is not the RC Church(or the born again Christian) that does good, but God does good through them even if they are sinful. We are instruments of that good. But more....

We as Christians, and as the Church are the beneficiaries of God's Goodness, in that our sufferings strengthen our faith, and hope, and love in God.

Location hidden

#416103 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading that link I think all you catholic's are full of prunes. Did you read it Rob come on. "GEE"
LTM

Yea....Some people love legaleeze....Gee.

I am inclined more towards the crosses God gave me. And happy I have them.
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#416104 Jan 15, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
First and most importantly, the efficacy of the sacrament does not depend on the state of the soul of the priest who administers it. The sacraments are efficacious by Divine institution (Divine = God), not by the power of man. Man has no such power.
Second, you have absolutely no idea, none, nada, zero, if any priest administered any sacrament with unconfessed mortal sin on his soul. You're trying to play God, LTM. That's dangerous territory, be careful.
As far as others "knowing", you're promulgating your twisted opinion as fact. And you keep promulgating it over and over and over. Again, be careful. You're being guided by a spirit, and it's not the Holy Spirit.
First and most importantly, the efficacy of the sacrament does not depend on the state of the soul of the priest who administers it.

READY: It may not matter to the catholic's

But where I go to worship God it does.

I am not trying to play God your Pope is; and past popes.
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#416105 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
First and most importantly, the efficacy of the sacrament does not depend on the state of the soul of the priest who administers it.
READY: It may not matter to the catholic's
But where I go to worship God it does.
I am not trying to play God your Pope is; and past popes.
Then what you're saying is that God is dependent upon man and is powerless in the face of sin.
READY: Clueless -----> You.

What in the world does the Pope have to do with it? I'm sitting here laughing. You have no idea what the role of the Pope is. Everything out of your mouth is the Pope, the Pope, the Pope...You sound ridiculous. It might be better if you refrain from commenting until you find out what you're talking about.

Psst, come closer, newsflash....Christ conquered sin. He's not afraid of it. Furthermore, you're still insisting that you know whether or not a priest administering the sacraments is in a state of mortal sin. You don't. You are not God. Stop pretending you are.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#416106 Jan 15, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what you're saying is that God is dependent upon man and is powerless in the face of sin.
READY: Clueless -----> You.
What in the world does the Pope have to do with it? I'm sitting here laughing. You have no idea what the role of the Pope is. Everything out of your mouth is the Pope, the Pope, the Pope...You sound ridiculous. It might be better if you refrain from commenting until you find out what you're talking about.
Psst, come closer, newsflash....Christ conquered sin. He's not afraid of it. Furthermore, you're still insisting that you know whether or not a priest administering the sacraments is in a state of mortal sin. You don't. You are not God. Stop pretending you are.
You are the one pretending..

So you would receive your physical food out of a dirty CONTAMINATED vessel?
No matter how dirty it is ? RIGHT

YOU ARE SAYING THAT YOU WOULD RECEIVE YOUR SPIRITUAL FOOD FROM A UNCLEAN PRIEST...

THE BIBLE TEACHES AGAINST IT.

THE SONS OF AARON WERE BURNT TO A CRISP FOR OFFERING STRANGE FIRE ON THE ALTAR..

Lev 10:1 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.

Lev 10:2 And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.

Lev 10:3 Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the LORD spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace.

Lev 10:8 And the LORD spake unto Aaron, saying,

Lev 10:9 Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations;

Lev 10:10 And that ye may put difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean;

~~~

The god that you serve MUST BE altogether different from the GOD OF ISRAEL.

YOU PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE TEACHINGS OF THE true god of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob...you have invented you own ...

And I an not referring to the Levitical Laws...

I am posting about respecting God's word..AND HIS REQUIREMENT OF

HOLINESS CONCERNING THE PRIESTHOOD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min bad bob 26,211
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 58
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 985,692
to Maria Chapelle-Nadal: it's time to ROLL, sista' 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 4 hr Anne Nonymiss 109
"BIGGEST SCAM in WORLD HISTORY...." 5 hr YTube 1st 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Here For Now 619,748
More from around the web