Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650323 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416040 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anything of grape juice and crackers. When we have communion, I remember the sacrifice of Christ...I ain't eatin Him
unleavened bread....

fruit of the vine....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416041 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anything of grape juice and crackers. When we have communion, I remember the sacrifice of Christ...I ain't eatin Him
remembering Him for His sacrifice....

and, thanking Him for His sacrifice...
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#416042 Jan 15, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
First and most importantly, the efficacy of the sacrament does not depend on the state of the soul of the priest who administers it. The sacraments are efficacious by Divine institution (Divine = God), not by the power of man. Man has no such power.
Second, you have absolutely no idea, none, nada, zero, if any priest administered any sacrament with unconfessed mortal sin on his soul. You're trying to play God, LTM. That's dangerous territory, be careful.
As far as others "knowing", you're promulgating your twisted opinion as fact. And you keep promulgating it over and over and over. Again, be careful. You're being guided by a spirit, and it's not the Holy Spirit.
If a man is a practising homsexual, a pedophile or has committed and of these crimes he does not belong in the pulpit at all period.
A pastor or priest, have to a man of godd reputation , good morals and standing, and clear conscious.
you have absolutely no idea, none, nada, zero,
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#416043 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
remembering Him for His sacrifice....
and, thanking Him for His sacrifice...
yep

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#416044 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Statistically speaking, there are substantially more protestant preachers who don't "MEAN IT" when they confess their sins than priests.
Preston, after you "got saved", did you ever commit the same sin more than once?
possibly, many times when we are liovng in sin, we dont consider them sins.

so now if I make a mistake and committ a sin, I put it under the Blood where it belongs.

the Bible is clear that if we dont, that sin will follow us to judgement, I prefer it to already be there before i get there and I dont ahve to worry about it.

how about Law? will his follow him? I think so, because I feel that in his eyes,he has done no wrong and since your church protects him, that reenforces his beleifs.just as your church tells you that you gor saved when you were baptsied as a baby.

there are those former cahtolics who like chuck have come to realize that they were lied to and rectified those lies by getting saved.
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#416045 Jan 15, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
First and most importantly, the efficacy of the sacrament does not depend on the state of the soul of the priest who administers it. The sacraments are efficacious by Divine institution (Divine = God), not by the power of man. Man has no such power.
Second, you have absolutely no idea, none, nada, zero, if any priest administered any sacrament with unconfessed mortal sin on his soul. You're trying to play God, LTM. That's dangerous territory, be careful.
As far as others "knowing", you're promulgating your twisted opinion as fact. And you keep promulgating it over and over and over. Again, be careful. You're being guided by a spirit, and it's not the Holy Spirit.

Sorry Regina: once again scripture proves you wrong

The qualifications of the bishop/elder/pastor are found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7: "This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416046 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
unleavened bread....
fruit of the vine....
Leaven in the wine would be a violation of mosaic law...

unleavened bread and unleavened "fruit" of the vine....
4GVN

Scott City, MO

#416047 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>chill out and leave the insults alone
Why, do you think you are the only one who can be insulting? May God find you a nice warm place next door to Billy Grahm.

Location hidden

#416049 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He said it's His body and blood. You say it's not. Who should I believe?
almost 5 years ago, I told a woman by the name of AM that there are three ways to understand the Word of God.

first litteral. so jesus picked up the bread(so it cant be litteral)

Second figuritive.so jesus picked up the bread and said it represented his body. this now becomes a {figure} of speech.

third Spiritual. nothing spiritual or hidden about this. it is an event at His last supper.It only becomes spiritual when we observe it as He says. "do this in remembrance of Me".

Now you have been taught correctly.you no longer have an excuse when you stand before God. these words of mine will bless you or indict you. it is your choice.

BTW, you nor anyone else has to recognize my Authority to be a teacher of His Word, but God gave me that Authority, not my parents, nor any church.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#416050 Jan 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. wasn't the Rapture idea concocted around that time?
I know the whole left behind thing didn't become popular until mid 20th century.
More 'different Gospels' Paul warned us about.
Clay

Actually, Paul warned us in his writings to keep on working. I suspect he was expectant of the Rapture, but he came to realize there is no telling when it would be.

I look at it like this, just keep doing the Will of God, and let God do what God Wills to do....

Here is the problem with Rapture "people". They come out of misunderstanding and disappointment to their conclusions....

The Protestant schism, has pretty much gone its course in the evangelizing.(Its original message.) Now, they have two main "eye catching" appeals. First is the "prosperity" gospel, and even most of the Protestants on here detest this "new evangelizing".

And secondly the New Protestant movement, is the left-over anti-Catholic rhetoric from the original Protestant movement, and carries the Rapture on their backs, like a cross. This, it is hoped will be carried on in the Newer Protestant movements.

The only problem, there is no end of guessing when the Rapture will occurr. And people will get tired of carrying this cross. I am sure it will be dropped. And sometime in 200 to 400 years somebody will get this rumor going again....

What is so sad is that there are so many willing to listen to the fanatics....
4GVN

Scott City, MO

#416051 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
At he beginning of our mass the entire congregation, priest included, says the following;
"I confess to almighty God
and to you, my brothers and sisters,
that I have greatly sinned,
in my thoughts and in my words,
in what I have done
and in what I have failed to do,
through my fault, through my fault,
through my most grievous fault;
therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin,
all the Angels and Saints,
and you, my brothers and sisters,
to pray for me to the Lord our God."
Before every consecration the priest prays;
"Lord, wash away my iniquity and cleanse me from my sins."
Is there anything else you think he and we should do?
The point is that God does not work through sinful people. As scripture states " if I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not here my prayer." A priest or any clergyman or any one else who does not repent and discontinue the sinful practice is not heard by the Father. A priest who is actively involved in sinfull practices(unrepentant) has the doors of heaven shut to him. If the priest or anyone else just mouths the words but does not take them to heart, they mean nothing.. You really should be able to understand this if you really wanted to.

Location hidden

#416052 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Dan it is a very spiritual experience and I don't take it lightly.
We don't have crackers its real bread without the yeast. It is also fresh grape juice , not fermented wine.
First sunday of the month.
guess what Christ isn't in the bread, nor is the grape juice His blood, but it is a reminder that He is the bread of life which came down from Heaven to shed His blood on the cross and die in my place and suffer because of my sins.
I thank Him by remembering His sacrafice for me.
He paid a debt He did not owe, the price I could not paid.
AMEN, and that old debt was settled long ago, long ago.

I cant hear it but here it is.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#416053 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>well you are partially correct, for one simple reason, nothing is changed, it is what it is, nothing more.
therefore it follows, it must be something else in this ritual and it is.
remembering what He sacrificed for us.
as He said.
Jesus said:

"do this in remembrance of me".

What the "this" we're supposed to do?

Remember me in remebrance of me?

Well?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416054 Jan 15, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>The point is that God does not work through sinful people. As scripture states " if I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not here my prayer." A priest or any clergyman or any one else who does not repent and discontinue the sinful practice is not heard by the Father. A priest who is actively involved in sinfull practices(unrepentant) has the doors of heaven shut to him. If the priest or anyone else just mouths the words but does not take them to heart, they mean nothing.. You really should be able to understand this if you really wanted to.
What people DOES He work through?

What sinless people here on Earth now does He work through, and how do I get ahold of them?

Location hidden

#416055 Jan 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
wow...wafer boy?
You must actually think you're insulting us when you mock the Eucharist. Nothing could be further from the truth 4gvn. You insult Christ by attempting to undo His will. Period.
I'm going to guess it was your ancestors who walked out of the room when Jesus explained that we need to eat his flesh and drink his blood.
They doubted it too and Christ never corrected himself. He was bold and clear as can be.
I agree, we dont need these insults flying back and forth. we can discuss and argue,cant "tjhomnl"(LOL, this is supposed to be the word ,think) of a better word. If God ever created a worse typist than me, I have yet to meet him.AND HOPE THAT I DONT.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416056 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...I'm not in communion with Him because any ritual. I'm in communion with Him because of repentance and faith in Christ.
You're in communion with Him how again....because of your parents' faith????
Do you have a baptism certificate hanging on your wall to prove you have communion with Him?
Nah-I use the Bible. John 6. Try it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416057 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Dan it is a very spiritual experience and I don't take it lightly.
We don't have crackers its real bread without the yeast. It is also fresh grape juice , not fermented wine.
First sunday of the month.
guess what Christ isn't in the bread, nor is the grape juice His blood, but it is a reminder that He is the bread of life which came down from Heaven to shed His blood on the cross and die in my place and suffer because of my sins.
I thank Him by remembering His sacrafice for me.
He paid a debt He did not owe, the price I could not paid.
So, my bowl of Wheaties this morning is as significant as your service?

Nothing there (except the 100% whole grain goodness, fortified with 8 vitamins and iron) but grain.

You're communing with grain and fresh grape juice?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416058 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said:
"do this in remembrance of me".
What the "this" we're supposed to do?
Remember me in remebrance of me?
Well?
Every memorial can be traced back to its founder....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#416059 Jan 15, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Robert F. You are right about the angel theory which both the Jehovah Witnesses and even the 7th Day Adventists seem to think Jesus is.Of course they get it from those Scriptures that typify Jesus as the Angel of the LORD.He is like unto the Angels, in htat He is not limited to space or time,and He can be swiftly in one place within minutes or even seconds.
It is a subject that leaves us to read all of the Bible,all of what Jesus said,and to see HIM as He really is.
Satan no doubt seeks to distort the image of Christ in those who believe.But /Satan also knows that the REAL Jesus is Whom the jealousy of Satan sought to destroy in one way or another.Satan wanted as Lucifer,to not only be Archangel,but to rise above the greatness of God as stated in Isaiah.
"I will ascend beyond the stars of heaven." Anything that will lessen Jesus to be created and not from the Essence of the Father,pleases the deception of the Evil one.IT is Satan's ultimate plan to destroy every truth concerning Jesus.
Pad good friend

Here is the hope. Because people seek in faith to serve God, but in themselves may incorrectly understand, these people serve God's purpose.

In a certain respect, we are all heretical, because we do not have a perfect understanding all the time of God's Will, since we are only human. Even Jesus didn't know the time of his return.

It is for this reason that we hope in God, because we know He is trustworthy, and will accomplish in us, what we fail to do.

And if we go astray in understanding, God will go and get us, and reveal himself, as he did on the road to Emmaus.

God's goodness will overcome evil.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416060 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What people DOES He work through?
What sinless people here on Earth now does He work through, and how do I get ahold of them?
1 Peter 3:12

12 ~~~For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous
and his ears are attentive to their prayer,~~~
but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Catcher1 56,042
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 5 min New Ideas 44
I LOVE "Swing out Sister" lead singer Corinne D... 35 min Doctor REALITY 4
Why did God allow sin into His universe? 45 min Doctor REALITY 22
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 53 min Doctor REALITY 200
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr cookiecoolfun 106,067
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr another viewer 971,786
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 1 hr Dr Banonator 37
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Xcentric in Vidor 445,915
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 19 hr akon mason 70