Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,032)

Showing posts 400,621 - 400,640 of529,750
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

DaSarge wrote:
Of course it does! The Roman Church has ALWAYS held that it is the one treue church, started directly by Jesus Christ Himself when he said to Peter: "Thou art Peter (the rock) and upon this Rock I will build my Church. And all the forces of hell shall not prevail against it. I give to you, Peter the grace to bind in Heaven what you bind on Earth, and what you loose on Earth, so shall it also be loosed in Heaven". And with that, Peter became the first of the popes, ultimately the first Bishop of Rome, and no other church can offer Salvation; only the sacraments as granted by the priesthood of the Roman Catholic Church can give the sacraments as no other church has that right; as soon as their bishops broke with Rome, they entered into heresy and were excommunicated. Read the Baltimore Catechism. I did.<quoted text>
The RCC is just chocked full of blasphemies. And FYI, when Christ stated that the gates of hell will not prevail against His church,I present to you metaphorically speaking that the RCC are the gates of hell.
4GVN

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain why Jewish temples are being unearthed today that have graven images in them?
Do you mean the Jews who rejected the Messiah? Not something I would want to base my religious practices on.
AGAIN what does it mean when God says..."Thou shalt NOT make unto thyself ANY GRAVEN IMAGES? You keep trying to tell me what it doesn't mea. I am asking you what it does mean. AGAIN.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean the Jews who rejected the Messiah? Not something I would want to base my religious practices on.
AGAIN what does it mean when God says..."Thou shalt NOT make unto thyself ANY GRAVEN IMAGES? You keep trying to tell me what it doesn't mea. I am asking you what it does mean. AGAIN.
give it up. You know our answers and you been proven wrong ten fold.

Temples that existed before Christ reveal graven images because God not only said it was ok....He commanded it.
Deceit is the only way you can function. You've isolated a part of the ten commandments, and now you use that line to bear false witness.
You have a brain, I know you know what would make God jealous. Your hands ain't washed.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe it or not... I love reading comments from Atheist. You guys are amusing. We can always count on a insult... its comical. It reminds me of the South Park episode with your Pope, Richard Dawkins. In the story, Mr Dawkins was a nice guy til he fell in love with Mrs. Garrison - who used to be a guy. Richard then learned from her, how to be a prick. Hilarious.
of course, you enjoy the anonymity of the internet and wouldn't say it to anyone's face. Not mine anyway..lol
Insult? You mean like the bigoted opinion that all those who don't accept your flavor of god garbage will go to hell? You amoral dishonest theists are the masters of insult and you deserve ridicule for the promotion of this ignorant death denying god garbage you promote.
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
She wanted names? She got them. I have no reason to lie, I have no agenda. I did not find it in the Internet. It is real life information and she chooses to mock me for it.
Of course they will deny everything.
You are not alone. They have no choice but to lie and deny the obvious.

Example -- every news article presented about how the Vatican uses diplomatic immunity -- rejected by the true believers as "innuendo." (Germans did the same during the Nazi Era.)

If raping orphans is something they easily close their minds too, why not your story?

PS --- the country of Ireland stopped closing their collective minds and broke diplomatic relations with the Vatican, until the Vatican woke up.

That's innuendo too?

Shameful and disgusting.
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

If their miraculous claims are true, then the Roman Catholic Church is the biggest failure in history.

Only about 5% of humanity are practicing Catholics.

Jesus suffered and died, supposedly gave the RCC perfect teachings on faith and morals -- and so far, only saved 5% of humanity through this supposed "appointed" church.

Why bother with so much suffering to save mankind from sin -- when only 5% are saved through the supposed "one-true" path?

The child sex-abuse scandal is nothing.

The RCC has failed Jesus.

Ummm? Maybe there's a connection?

Today, only about 25% of the members the lying Vatican claims are actually practicing Catholics. Most humans reject the idea of protecting child rapists. But there are always those who will blindly follow. Ask the Nazis.

Oh wait --
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

One can "debate" Scripture until the cows come home, because nothing can be proven.

However, I judge the RCC the way Jesus told us -- judge them by their deeds.

Yes, we have historical, real-life records and proof of RCC deeds.

No debate needed -- just the irrefutable facts.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont believe it will be any of the above for the reason that they have already died, or in the case of Enoch, translated.
as it is written, it is appointed unto man once to die.
I use the words of jesus, when he spoke of John the Baptist, and all fo the jew were waiting for elijah to come back to usher in the Kingdom of the Messiah and he told them that John was Elijah, not litteraly but Figurtively.
now to my opinion, I dont know who it will be,to be honest.
I think it will be Two Christians, that God has chosen a long time ago, for this special work, that are left here on Heaven aften the Rapture, and I do beleive that Heaven knows who they will be.
I think one time, that I might have been told, and a name that was given to me was of a person named john, or jonah, but it could have been given me for another reason, I just dont know. I am sorry.
No problem

It's an interesting discussion and I just wanted your thoughts..thanks
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem
Hey Chuck,

I believe it will be more than two witnesses...

Just my opinion...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem
Chuck,

Match these verses up to Rev 11 and find verses for Moses:

Elijah

2 Kings 2:11

11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.

1 Kings 17:1

17 Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab,“As the Lord, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word.”

Luke 4:25

25 I assure you that there were many widows in Israel in Elijah’s time, when the sky was shut for three and a half years and there was a severe famine throughout the land.

James 5:17-18

17 Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years.

18 Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.

Malachi 3:1-3

3 “I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come,” says the Lord Almighty.

2 But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap.

3 He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the Lord will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness,

Malachi 4:5-6

5 “See, I will send the prophet Elijah to you before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes.

6 He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of the children to their parents; or else I will come and strike the land with total destruction.”

I would say that the two witnesses represent all of God’s servants who are proclaiming the Word of the Lord.

Revelation 11:7

7 [[[[[Now when they have finished their testimony,]]]]] the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

We must remember that God's people need to proclaim God's message regardless of the cost.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Also, we must remember that these two witnesses proclaimed God's message....as a result, costing them their lives.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Revelation 11:4

4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”

Zechariah 4:3

3 Also there are two olive trees by it, one on the right of the bowl and the other on its left.”

Zechariah 4:11

11 Then I asked the angel,“What are these two olive trees on the right and the left of the lampstand?”

Zechariah 4:14

14 So he said,“These are the two who are anointed to serve the Lord of all the earth.”

The work of the 'church' is to share the Gospel with the world.

All of God's servants....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Chuck. See, also, these two are paired together:

Malachi 4:4-5

4 “Remember the law of my servant Moses, the decrees and laws I gave him at Horeb for all Israel.

5 “See, I will send the prophet Elijah to you before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes.

These two, also, appeared at the Transfiguration of Christ:

Mark 9:4

4 And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus.
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Innuendo?

Run Catholics, Run and hide. This is not a few sinners, this is THE CHURCH.

"Why the Vatican's diplomatic immunity days are numbered"

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/col...

It takes a "true" church to run away from sexually abused orphans seeking justice.
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Run Catholics, ruin and hide....

"Cables: Vatican pressured Ireland in abuse cases"

"One cable discloses the behind-the-scenes diplomatic maneuvers during which Irish politicians tried to persuade the Vatican to cooperate with the probe."

I wonder why almost 2000 years after Jesus died "to save mankind from sin," --- God's supposed "ONLY appointed church" has 5% of humanity fooled?

Jesus died to save 5% of humanity?

Nope. The RCC is a complete failure and slowly but surely is reaping what it has sown.

Too bad that the vast majority of the 5% were indoctrinated from their youth, or the number would be well under 1%.

I guess that's why Hitler started his Youth Corp.
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
Innuendo?
Run Catholics, Run and hide. This is not a few sinners, this is THE CHURCH.
"Why the Vatican's diplomatic immunity days are numbered"
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/col...
It takes a "true" church to run away from sexually abused orphans seeking justice.
FM-

An extended bitch-fest from a protestant columnist doesn't really amount to an impending cessation of the Vatican's diplomatic status.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Those whose mind is on the Lord are in perfect peace.
Self.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!
The biggest charity is the US federal government with 50M followers on food stamps alone. Not counting free medical and education for illegals and too many other entitlements to list.
Disciple says......The biggest charity is the US federal government with 50M followers on food stamps alone. Not counting free medical and education for illegals and too many other entitlements to list.

Michael says.....then add in all the other charitable organizations, school food drives, office food collections, Salvation army, RedCross and hundreds more charits that fund able bodied people sitting at home.

We can agree there are people in need, but an industry has been created, that FREE is good, and working is for fools.

We have created an industry of unemployment. Everyday I see signs in Home Depot, Dairy Queen, Walmart.....HELP WANTED!

Every year farmers bring in over 3 Million MIGRANT workers from 3,000 miles away to plant, garden and harvest our crops, while millions of able bodied americans sit at home watching tv, and scratching lottery tickets, and smoking.

Its time to make fat butt americans back to work, and take away all the freebee's! for those milking the system.

Once someone gets on foodstamps its nearly impossible to get those people productive.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 400,621 - 400,640 of529,750
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

389 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min IPSEC 716,142
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 min karl44 440,798
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 14 min Sasha 108
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 21 min ocxz 114,559
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min Clearwater 171,400
Anyone Up for Skype Sex? 22 min starbutterfly85 1
anyone up for a bbm swap of pics ;) (May '12) 24 min 26-m-Leics 217
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 255,614
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr andet1987 93,157