Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646325 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#415959 Jan 15, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
"Approved" Church miracles + physical evidence = ability to prove with DNA testing.
So prove it.
Nope! That's why it's called faith. No proof. Even the Rcc knows these miracles make for good show, but nothing more.
Even we know? lol.

Funny that there's ne'er a peep from you when evangelicals claim to be new creations with no physical proof. And our claim to be the one true Church pales in comparison to the things these folks say about the CC.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415960 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Dan, I'm just a mentally disturbed dishonest troll. I can't help myself.
You sure are PAT.....thanks for finally admitting it....

But of course we knew it all along...
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415961 Jan 15, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did not mock the bread of the presence so perhaps you should try not mocking the Lord and his church as funny as that may be to you.
The Bread of the Presence, in the ancient Tabernacle and later in the Temple, 1 Kgs 7:48 prefigured Jesus in the Holy Eucharist.
In the Tabernacle God commanded Moses, Ex 25:8 "Let them make me a sanctuary, that I may dwell in their midst." In the sanctuary, in the ark of the covenant, God told Moses, Ex 25:22 "There I will meet with you, and from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim that are upon the ark of the testimony, I will speak with you..." God added, Ex 25:30 "You shall set the bread of the Presence on the table before me always." Jesus told us, Mt 28:20 "I am with you always."
Abimelech the priest gave David this sacred bread. 1 Sam 21:6 "So the priest gave him the holy bread; for there was no bread there but the bread of the Presence." Jesus taught us that it was for all His disciples. Mt 12:1 "At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the sabbath; his disciples were hungry, and they began to pluck ears of grain and to eat....[Jesus] said to them,'Have you not read what David did, when he was hungry, and those who who were with him: how he entered the house of God and ate the bread of the Presence ... I tell you, something greater than the temple is here."
Jesus showed us what was greater than the Temple. Lk 22:19 "He took bread, and when he had given thanks he broke it and gave it to them, saying,'This is my body which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.'"
http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/scrip...
Other than faith, what real evidence do you have?

Nothing. The supposed Eucharist miracles are frauds. Even the Vatican knows that and won't dare allow modern DNA testing.

So other than the self-created dogma of the Church, where's the beef?

Faith only.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415962 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I understand now....
You are MAD and UPSET with Preston and Chuck and you are taking it out on me.....right!!!!!!!!!!
No.

I just got tired of having to scroll down the same post half a dozen times.

Preston and Chuck don't vex me.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415963 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess..."don't stop the children from coming to me"?????
If thats another quote from that Jesus Christ guy, just ignore it like John 6. I'll pretend it's not there too. Does that help?
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415964 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Our beliefs about the Eucharist are based specifically on the passages I pasted and nothing but that.
You can believe whatever you want about your crackers and grape juice, but that belief is in direct contradiction of the words of Jesus Christ Himself. Your church DID "MAKE THAT STUFF UP."
Chew on that.
Well if Jesus really said it, then why not insist that your Church back up the claim with independent testing of all its Eucharist miracles?

You have one interpretation, nothing more.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#415965 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
The life giving ability that Jesus offers and gives to us is connected with His WORDS.
John 6:63
63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.
Spirit gives life......SPIRITUAL
the flesh counts for nothing.....PHYSICAL
the WORDS are FULL of the SPIRIT and LIFE....SPIRITUAL
I don't know what your denomination teaches, but all these fundamentalists say their crackers are merely symbolic. Since when is SPIRITUAL the same as symbolic? The bible never says spiritual and symbolic are the same....
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415966 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If thats another quote from that Jesus Christ guy, just ignore it like John 6. I'll pretend it's not there too. Does that help
Do know where Jesus mentioned salvation in that text but if that's what the priest told you......
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415967 Jan 15, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than faith, what real evidence do you have?
Nothing. The supposed Eucharist miracles are frauds. Even the Vatican knows that and won't dare allow modern DNA testing.
So other than the self-created dogma of the Church, where's the beef?
Faith only.
Old protestant saw. The bible beaters working overtime to justify their denial of the plain words of scripture.

Of course it's an article of faith. The teaching is that the Eucharist is the body and blood of Christ under the species (appearance) of bread and wine.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415968 Jan 15, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
you may not have considered...
"...that these facts were miraculous and true.
In 1970-71, and taken up again partly in 1981, there took place a scientific investigation by the most illustrious scientist Prof. Odoardo Linoli, eminent Professor in Anatomy and Pathological Histology and in Chemistry and Clinical Microscopy. He was assisted by Prof. Ruggero Bertelli of the University of Siena. The analyses were conducted with absolute and unquestionable scientific precision, and they were documented with a series of microscopic photographs. These analyses sustained the following conclusions:
The Flesh is real flesh. The Blood is real Blood.
The Flesh and the Blood belong to the human species.
The Flesh consists of the muscular tissue of the heart..."
http://www.michaeljournal.org/eucharist3.htm
Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
This post is what is called "rationalization."

Modern DNA testing would provide the answers science could not determine in 1971.

Sure, a supposed Eucharist "miracle" is human heart tissue. The only question is, who was have been murdered?

Hello!!! This is the year 2012. DNA testing was not around in 1971. Neither were computers and cellphones.

Run Catholics, run!!! The RCC is "saving souls" at about a 5% rate. Maybe the RCC should try something other than fraud?
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415969 Jan 15, 2013
Correction.

The only question is, who was murdered?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415970 Jan 15, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if Jesus really said it, then why not insist that your Church back up the claim with independent testing of all its Eucharist miracles?
You have one interpretation, nothing more.
He said it.

It was the only interpretation until the Reformation-the "reformers" had to disassociate the Church so they disavowed the sacraments to break the connection with the Church. Made it easeier to win converts.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415971 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Mensa
Priests pray before the Eucharist at Mass.
Any other pearls of wisdom forthcoming from the old country boy?
look at what I say amd the difference between them and what you say.

you say they Pray, that means nothing to me.

now look at my words and see how completely different that they are.

well, unlike your priests, when and before we partake, we have Prayer, and {{{make SURE nothing is between God and ourself.}}} if it is, we take care of it right then by asking for forgiveness, which isnt hard to do.

Law hasnt done that or else he would be held accountable for his sins and misdeeds,

finally I am pleased that you recognize that I am much smarter than the average bear.lol
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#415972 Jan 15, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do believe you people are ignorant. You've demonstrated it enough times.
You have absolutely no idea who confessed what, when. Anyone can copy bits and pieces of Canon Law or the Catechism or Scripture for that matter. It's understanding what you're reading that's key. The ability to recite it means zilch.
Again...you have no idea about anyone's confession, unless you're trying to tell us you're God now??! What, being St. Paul reincarnated isn't good enough for you anymore?
As I promise . The temple and the idols built by the Jewish nation That were destroy because of Idolatry 2KINGS --

2 Kings 18

King James Version (KJV)

18 Now it came to pass in the third year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, that Hezekiah the son of Ahaz king of Judah began to reign.

2 Twenty and five years old was he when he began to reign; and he reigned twenty and nine years in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Abi, the daughter of Zachariah.

3 And he did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, according to all that David his father did.

4 He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan.

5 He trusted in the Lord God of Israel; so that after him was none like him among all the kings of Judah, nor any that were before him.

6 For he clave to the Lord, and departed not from following him, but kept his commandments, which the Lord commanded Moses.

7 And the Lord was with him; and he prospered whithersoever he went forth: and he rebelled against the king of Assyria, and served him not.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415973 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do know where Jesus mentioned salvation in that text but if that's what the priest told you......
I'm sure you don't know. That's no surprise.

51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

The operative is "live forever". Eternal life in Christ. Ring any bells?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415974 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If thats another quote from that Jesus Christ guy, just ignore it like John 6. I'll pretend it's not there too. Does that help?
What do you suppose Christ was talking about when He met the woman at the well? What's living water?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#415975 Jan 15, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it did and if you would believe on Him we would be in communion at Communion thanking Him together!
?

Does His flesh profiteth or not?

You can't be in communion because you don't believe Him.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415976 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you don't know. That's no surprise.
51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”
The operative is "live forever". Eternal life in Christ. Ring any bells?
Yep....He speaks spiritually. Lol...not eating a cracker

It's all about the heart Dan...faith in Him...ring any bells???
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415977 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you suppose Christ was talking about when He met the woman at the well? What's living water?
Been here, done that.

Need a response from you still on how Christ is unable to fulfill His promise in John 6.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415978 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that? Why do you think you're the authority on what's taught in the bible?
Yes, I am unfamiliar with the evangelical sinner's prayer. But I am aware that evangelical preachers tell their new recruits to recite one just before they 'get saved'. I was not present when Cardinal Law went to confession, neither were you, so I would avoid making statements of fact if I were you.
Once again, is it easier to believe that a person can hold the KJV in their hands, say some words and miraculously have Jesus in them, become a new creation, be infallbly guided by the Holy Spirit and be guaranteed eternal salvation no matter what they do for the rest of their lives OR that the bread is Jesus, as He said in scripture?
well here is ONE preacHer that doesnt tell people what to saay to get saved. NO ONE TOLD ME EITHER.

I have spoke on this before. one time, I was asked to come and talk to man(as mean as they come too)after talking to him, the Spirit fell in his home, and I asked him if he wanted to pray, and while wer were praying for him he told me taht he didnt know how to pray and I then told him that when i got saved, I didnt know how either.

and so, i made it very simple for him when i told him that all he had to do was ask God to come into his life.and he did.

AND HE DID.

very simple and if a person wants God in their life, it will work for them too.

that man died a week or so after that. but his reward is the same as a man that has known God for 50 years.

and that man was never baptised, nor did he ever take communion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min RiversideRedneck 47,846
White women leaving their white families in dro... (Aug '09) 25 min Johnny 326
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 28 min Annaleigh 105,574
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 45 min WasteWater 2,012
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 1 hr Breedu 493
jb bohsia yg terbesar (Sep '08) 1 hr Jawaking 43
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr VIKING 971,567
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 7 hr oneear69 38,711
More from around the web