Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653695 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pat

East Granby, CT

#415940 Jan 15, 2013
The inner defenses are unconscious. They consist of a kind of magic aura which the mind builds around cherished belief. Arguments which penetrate into the magic aura are not dealt with rationally but by a specific type of pseudo-reasoning. Absurdities and contradictions are made acceptable by specious rationalizations.
-- Arthur Koestler
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415939 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you can bring salvation upon yourself by praying, but Christ cannot do as He said He would in John 6.
Interesting. You won't limit yourself as to the means of brimging about your own salvation, but you'd happily disabuse Christ of His silly notions He mentions multiple times in John 6.
Should we be praying to you instead? Seems like you believe you have more power than Christ.
I don't bring anything to myself friend...Christ came to me.

Maybe that's why you're trouble in your thinking. It's all what you do and not what Christ did.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#415941 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't limit God...I just don't degrade Him and think He comes in the form of a cracker.
With a world full of morally challenged and violent humans and their never ending stupidity God has degraded himself.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415942 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you can bring salvation upon yourself by praying, but Christ cannot do as He said He would in John 6.
Interesting. You won't limit yourself as to the means of brimging about your own salvation, but you'd happily disabuse Christ of His silly notions He mentions multiple times in John 6.
Should we be praying to you instead? Seems like you believe you have more power than Christ.
from the heart Dan....a 3 month old child cannot do this..sorry
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415943 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus's flesh suffering on the cross profiteth nothing?
"This IS My body, this IS My blood"
"Approved" Church miracles + physical evidence = ability to prove with DNA testing.

So prove it.

Nope! That's why it's called faith. No proof. Even the Rcc knows these miracles make for good show, but nothing more.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#415944 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What other limitations does God have that you've placed upon Him? Is there a list you can share?
Robert F and FoL and many others, also have this exact problem - they know the mind of "God" and express it openly, too.

Maybe you shouldn't just characterize a single individual as you see fit, when there have been many so-called "Christians" expressing the same "knowing".

I peronally think you all are delusional in this regard, and should see a psychiatrist to fix this blatantly incorrect, invalid assumption.

I'm just waiting when you will embark upon saying what "God" knows.

Let's have it Dan.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#415945 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
The life giving ability that Jesus offers and gives to us is connected with His WORDS.
John 6:63
63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.
Spirit gives life......SPIRITUAL
the flesh counts for nothing.....PHYSICAL
the WORDS are FULL of the SPIRIT and LIFE....SPIRITUAL
Hey Hank we're on the same page:)

Albuquerque, NM

#415946 Jan 15, 2013
Pat wrote:
The inner defenses are unconscious. They consist of a kind of magic aura which the mind builds around cherished belief. Arguments which penetrate into the magic aura are not dealt with rationally but by a specific type of pseudo-reasoning. Absurdities and contradictions are made acceptable by specious rationalizations.
-- Arthur Koestler
Do you believe Arthur?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415947 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't bring anything to myself friend...Christ came to me.
Maybe that's why you're trouble in your thinking. It's all what you do and not what Christ did.
He came at your bidding. You cited scripture so I'd know it happened that way.

In the same post, you let us know that you'd limit Christ's ability to fufill His promise in John 6. How does that work, exactly? You said He can't be present but you haven't explained how.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415948 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
from the heart Dan....a 3 month old child cannot do this..sorry
Christ cannot impart His grace unto a 3 month old baby?

Why not? He said He would.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415949 Jan 15, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
With a world full of morally challenged and violent humans and their never ending stupidity God has degraded himself.
why do you suppose the world has changed. I say because of sin...what do you say?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415950 Jan 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert F and FoL and many others, also have this exact problem - they know the mind of "God" and express it openly, too.
Maybe you shouldn't just characterize a single individual as you see fit, when there have been many so-called "Christians" expressing the same "knowing".
I peronally think you all are delusional in this regard, and should see a psychiatrist to fix this blatantly incorrect, invalid assumption.
I'm just waiting when you will embark upon saying what "God" knows.
Let's have it Dan.
He knows everything. He's God. The whole "omniscient" thing.

I don't know what He knows, because I'm not God.

Albuquerque, NM

#415951 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you hear screaming from the inside your stomach after you have eaten "Jesus"?
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415952 Jan 15, 2013
Pat wrote:
-- Arthur Koestler
That's a fact and isn't it amazing!

Otherwise good people will defend anything. Absurdities and contradictions are made acceptable -- even when someone's hero facilitates the rape of children at orphanages.

The mis-use of diplomatic immunity is "innuendo."

Money laundering can be "explained."

A police raid on an RCC Bishops Conference in Belgium didn't have anything to do with Vatican lies and criminal cover-up.

Ireland had no reason to break off state relations with the Vatican.

Indeed, absurdities and contradictions are made acceptable.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415953 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's REALLY SAD when someone posts the same thing three or four times.
You can stop pressing "Post comment" now.
Oh, I understand now....

You are MAD and UPSET with Preston and Chuck and you are taking it out on me.....right!!!!!!!!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415954 Jan 15, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Hank we're on the same page:)
God's Word is NOT that hard to understand....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415955 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you suppose the world has changed. I say because of sin...what do you say?
YEP!!! Sin....

But this person could care less....
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415956 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ cannot impart His grace unto a 3 month old baby?
Why not? He said He would.
Let me guess..."don't stop the children from coming to me"?????
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415957 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Silly me. I'll tear John 6 out of my bible now.
Help me out here- Did you shred yours or recycle it?
Recycle the page so you can read it over and over and over and over....then, you just might understand it....
marge

Leesburg, GA

#415958 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it did and if you would believe on Him we would be in communion at Communion thanking Him together!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min here 63,444
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 53 min Hangman 973,681
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 1 hr Knock off purse s... 21
Fedz Pimping Poison Meat - Don't Buy 2 hr HiddnNumbrz 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,478
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,568
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr Classic 3,797
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr LAWEST100 618,751
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Pegasus 281,841
More from around the web