Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646663 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415816 Jan 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You teach tat its the Roman Catholic Church. Its not.
Show me where I have ever said this. Do you normally lie Clay?

I guess you better prove I said this or I will accept your apology.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#415817 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR right it does mean Thanksgiving, which proves catholic's changed scripture to suit their tradtional doctrine.
Um, the Eucharist IS, among other things, thanksgiving to God.

How does that prove your stupid assertion?
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#415818 Jan 15, 2013
I should clarify: Evangelicals didn't actually write the word 'rapture' into Johns Book and print it. But they added a word and concept to a teaching that is contrary to what John saw. Therefore it would be against the will of God. And would fall under Joins warning about adding to his prophecy.
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#415820 Jan 15, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
The ( reserved ) Blessed Sacrament serves as a focal point of devotion.
Because, as Catholics, we believe that Christ is truly and substantially present in the Eucharist, the Blessed Sacrament is given the same adoration and devotion that is accorded to Christ.
At the beginning of the exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, a priest or deacon removes the sacred host from the tabernacle and places it in the Monstrance on the Altar for adoration by the faithful. "Monstrance" is the vessel used in the Church to display the consecrated Eucharistic Host, during Eucharistic adoration or benediction. The word monstrance comes from the Latin word monstrare, meaning "to expose". It is known in Latin as an Ostensorium. When a consecrated host is placed in the monstrance, It is said to be a solemn exposition.
When the Monstrance contains the Sacred Host, the priest does not touch it with his bare hands, but instead, holds it with a humeral veil, a wide band of cloth that covers his shoulders (humera) and has pleats on the inside in which he places his hands.
At all other times, the reserved Sacrament is kept locked in the Tabernacle, so that the faithful may pray in the presence of the Sacrament.
"Perpetual Adoration" is Eucharistic Adoration round the clock (that is, twenty-four hours a day). A "Holy Hour" is "Eucharistic Adoration of Reparation" which lasts for about an hour.
Adoration ceremonies traditionally include Scripture readings, hymns, prayers and time for silent adoration.
http://www.catholic-church.org/kuwait/euchari...
Its not bibical Regina, catholic's are claiming it was taught to the disciples and the apostles taught it to the True church of Christ They didn't. It changes the Holy Scriptures, it is a catholic believe .
By the way clay made a comment about the, statues being found in the Jewish ruins, of course they would found them in the temples that were built to other gods and goddess, and were totally destroyed because of it ordered by God.
I will be back with the scripture to prove that. For now I am going shopping need to replenish my Cupboards and fridge.
I give God Thanks that I am able to do so, he supplies all my needs.
When I sit down with my family to night to eat, I will give God thanks in rememberance of His son Jesus who died in my place on the cross and Shed His blood to wash me clean.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#415821 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I say it was?
I thought the whole Rapture concept was a universally accepted dogma by the Evangelical born agains. I even saw a movie about it, "Left Behind".
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415822 Jan 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
People being 'caught' up into the sky could be a mystical symbol of many things and not literally.
Let me get this straight....(I'm laughing as I type)...you don't believe in people being caught up into the clouds but you do believe Jesus' actual body is sitting in a bowl during a catholic mass? funny stuff.....
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415823 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
"Its not bibical Regina, catholic's are claiming it was taught to the disciples and the apostles taught it to the True church of Christ They didn't. "
Um, yeah, He did and they did.
30 So they asked him,“What sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do? 31 Our ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written:‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’[c]”
32 Jesus said to them,“Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”
34 “Sir,” they said,“always give us this bread.”
35 Then Jesus declared,“I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”
41 At this the Jews there began to grumble about him because he said,“I am the bread that came down from heaven.” 42 They said,“Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say,‘I came down from heaven’?”
43 “Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets:‘They will all be taught by God.’[d] Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me. 46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”
52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves,“How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”
53 Jesus said to them,“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59 He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415824 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight....(I'm laughing as I type)...you don't believe in people being caught up into the clouds but you do believe Jesus' actual body is sitting in a bowl during a catholic mass? funny stuff.....
It's called faith.

But sometimes Catholics forget and poof! There's a miracle, claiming that bread turned into the actual flesh and blood of Jesus.

We have many of these miracles over many years recognized by the RCC. Today, unlike 30 - 50 years ago, the Church can easily obtain INDEPENDENT, CONTROLLED forensic tests -- for DNA and other properties -- all of which would PROVE the "Jesus in a bowl thing."

But alas, it's a fraud and they know it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415825 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not bibical Regina, catholic's are claiming it was taught to the disciples and the apostles taught it to the True church of Christ They didn't.
Wrong again. Not a good start to the day, LTM.

35 Then Jesus declared,“I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

41 At this the Jews there began to grumble about him because he said,“I am the bread that came down from heaven.” 42 They said,“Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say,‘I came down from heaven’?”

43 “Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets:‘They will all be taught by God.’[d] Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me. 46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves,“How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”

53 Jesus said to them,“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59 He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415826 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep laughing.

LTM

Longlac, Canada

#415827 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, the Eucharist IS, among other things, thanksgiving to God.
How does that prove your stupid assertion?
Let me ask you a question Anthony, for a person to recieve from the Communion Table is a Holy spiritual experince.
We must make our self right before God.
What about the person who is serving you from the communion table ,
Priest, In our church we have Deacons who pass the communion plate and unfermented new wine , along the pews to the people.
We all parttake of it together, After prayer and a short sermon of the importants of what it means to recieve it with out being in right standing with God.
How many times a day does a priest give Communion some of the Priest, were practising Homosexuals , child abuser's among many other things, and other priest and the pope knew they were,which means the priest should not have even been in the pulpit.
and how does a priest who is gulity of all the crimes mentioned
call The Spirit of the Living God to come down and be in the wafer.
The communion table would be polluted by the hands of the people guilty of abusing Gods innocent and shedding their blood.
So go and chew on that for awhile Anthony.
How many times have you and other catholic's recieved the
Eucharist from polluted bloody hands, of priests who have sexually abused young children, or a practising Homosexual.
'FOOD FOR THOUGHT" EH.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415828 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
FM-
An extended bitch-fest from a protestant columnist doesn't really amount to an impending cessation of the Vatican's diplomatic status.
I doubt it too. The point is -- why he and so many other newspapers and media in Ireland were and are "bitching."

Ireland is a "bitch-fest" because the supposed "ONLY TRUE CHURCH" of Jesus uses diplomatic immunity in a very evil way.

No "true" church would ever use such power against sexually abused orphans.

95% of humanity see the evil. 5% defend it or deny it.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#415830 Jan 15, 2013
Traditional catholic family values : Jesus rapes a 12 year old married virgin (incest, child rape, adultery) an they all stand up and applaud and say "Yeah, I'll worship that!" but two gay people who love each other and want to get married freaks them out.
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#415831 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Its not bibical Regina, catholic's are claiming it was taught to the disciples and the apostles taught it to the True church of Christ They didn't. "
Um, yeah, He did and they did.
30 So they asked him,“What sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do? 31 Our ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written:‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’[c]”
32 Jesus said to them,“Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”
34 “Sir,” they said,“always give us this bread.”
wE ARE TALKING ABOUT 2 DIFFERENT THINGS HERE DAN. GO READ WHAT I POSTED FROM YOU ON CATHOLIC ENCYCOPEDIA. AND CATHOLIC TEACHINGS.
I POSTED LINKS FOR YOU. FOR THAT REASON I DIDN'T MAKE THAT STUFF UP.
THE CATHOLIC FATHERS DID. LOL
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415832 Jan 15, 2013
"Gates of Hell will not prevailed?"

Hello RCC?

1929... Bonito Mussolini gives the Roman Catholic Church statehood, along with a bank and the powers of diplomatic immunity.

1980-2012... corruption scandals, money laundering for mafia, investigations by USA and EU.

Jesus' supposed "one true" invokes Diplomatic Immunity many times during investigations.

1990-2012... sexual-abuse of children, including orphanage, and schools for the deaf come to light.

Jesus' supposed "one true" invokes Diplomatic Immunity many times during investigations.

It seems the Gates of Hell have indeed prevailed.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415833 Jan 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"I warn everyone who hears the prophetic words of this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add the plagues described in this book"
Apostle John Revelation 22: 18-19
Chuck, Preston and all other born again evangelicals.... the word Rapture is not in the book of Revelation. You added it a about 75 yrs ago.
The idea of a Rapture, was never heard of in all of Christianity, for the simple fact that the whole book was Johns mystical vision revealed in highly symbolic terms.
Much of the book is understood to have come and passed.
People being 'caught' up into the sky could be a mystical symbol of many things and not literally.
You guys (evangelicals) added this rapture concept to Johns book.
I could go on and on. Whore of Babylon?
You teach tat its the Roman Catholic Church. Its not.
John never said it was. In fact, when the Roman Catholic Church put those words into the Bible, they and all of Christianity understood it to be the previous Roman Empire John was seeing. This Empire almost wiped out all traces of Christianity. The Catholic Church defeated them by converting them to Christianity. Case closed. Johns prophecy came to pass.
The Book is clear: Do NOT add to the words. There is no reason to even have a bible study on the Book, you will not reveal anything hidden or new.
as LTM agreed with teh defination of the last supper and how the word only means to give thanks for this meal, nothing more yet YOU dont mind how your church has changed its meaning so why pick on us because the actual word is not in the Bible IN ENGLISH?

when its meaning is in the Bible. read this and see how far off your catholic teachings have fallen.

The Koine Greek of 1 Thessalonians 4:17 uses the verb form &#7937;&#961;&#960 ;&#945;&#947;&#951 ;&#963;&#972;&#956 ;&#949;&#952;&#945 ; (harpagisometha), which means "we shall be caught up" or "taken away", with the connotation that this is a sudden event. The dictionary form of this Greek verb is harpaz&#333; (&#7937;&#961;&#96 0;&#940;&#950;&#96 9;).[15] This use is also seen in such texts as Acts 8:39, 2Corinthians 12:2-4 and Revelation 12:5.

[edit] LatinThe Latin Vulgate translates the Greek &#7937;&#961;&#960 ;&#945;&#947;&#951 ;&#963;&#972;&#956 ;&#949;&#952;&#945 ; as rapiemur,[16] from the verb rapio meaning "to catch up" or "take away".[17]

so since this was writen in the EARLIEST FORM IN KOINE, YOU ARE WRONG.

AND SINCE THIS WAS IN THE LATIN VULGATE BY JEROME, YOUR CHURCH HAS REALLY MUTILATED THE WORD OF GOD.

NOT ME ,CLAY, NOR ANY OTEHR CHRISTIAN,

BUT YOUR CHURCH!!!

so dont hold us responsible for the lack of biblical knowledge that you have not received from your church and its teachers.

so now, Dust Storm can come on here and spam us with catholic teachings that explain away the original word of the Apostles, RIGHT?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#415834 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did not mock the bread of the presence so perhaps you should try not mocking the Lord and his church as funny as that may be to you.

The Bread of the Presence, in the ancient Tabernacle and later in the Temple, 1 Kgs 7:48 prefigured Jesus in the Holy Eucharist.

In the Tabernacle God commanded Moses, Ex 25:8 "Let them make me a sanctuary, that I may dwell in their midst." In the sanctuary, in the ark of the covenant, God told Moses, Ex 25:22 "There I will meet with you, and from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim that are upon the ark of the testimony, I will speak with you..." God added, Ex 25:30 "You shall set the bread of the Presence on the table before me always." Jesus told us, Mt 28:20 "I am with you always."

Abimelech the priest gave David this sacred bread. 1 Sam 21:6 "So the priest gave him the holy bread; for there was no bread there but the bread of the Presence." Jesus taught us that it was for all His disciples. Mt 12:1 "At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the sabbath; his disciples were hungry, and they began to pluck ears of grain and to eat....[Jesus] said to them,'Have you not read what David did, when he was hungry, and those who who were with him: how he entered the house of God and ate the bread of the Presence ... I tell you, something greater than the temple is here."

Jesus showed us what was greater than the Temple. Lk 22:19 "He took bread, and when he had given thanks he broke it and gave it to them, saying,'This is my body which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.'"

http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/scrip...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415835 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you a question Anthony, for a person to recieve from the Communion Table is a Holy spiritual experince.
Priest, In our church we have Deacons who pass the communion plate and unfermented new wine , along the pews to the people.
We all parttake of it together, After prayer and a short sermon of the importants of what it means to recieve it with out being in right standing with God.
How many times a day does a priest give Communion some of the Priest, were practising Homosexuals , child abuser's among many other things, and other priest and the pope knew they were,which means the priest should not have even been in the pulpit.
The communion table would be polluted by the hands of the people guilty of abusing Gods innocent and shedding their blood.
Eucharist from polluted bloody hands, of priests who have sexually abused young children, or a practising Homosexual.
'FOOD FOR THOUGHT" EH.
The Eucharist is the body and blood of Christ, thus uncorruptible.

Chew on that, wiseass.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415836 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
wE ARE TALKING ABOUT 2 DIFFERENT THINGS HERE DAN. GO READ WHAT I POSTED FROM YOU ON CATHOLIC ENCYCOPEDIA. AND CATHOLIC TEACHINGS.
I POSTED LINKS FOR YOU. FOR THAT REASON I DIDN'T MAKE THAT STUFF UP.
THE CATHOLIC FATHERS DID. LOL
Our beliefs about the Eucharist are based specifically on the passages I pasted and nothing but that.

You can believe whatever you want about your crackers and grape juice, but that belief is in direct contradiction of the words of Jesus Christ Himself. Your church DID "MAKE THAT STUFF UP."

Chew on that.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#415838 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
'FOOD FOR THOUGHT" EH.
Don't forget, statistically speaking it's more likely that your pastor is a pedophile (i.e., your own father) than a Catholic priest.

It isn't by the power or holiness of the priest that the bread and wine is changed into the body and blood of Christ. No priest, bishop or pope has that kind of power or perfect holiness.

While I chew LTM, give me the name and address of your little group because I want to get myself up there to join since you have a pastor who is completely sinless. Oh, wait, you mean your pastors and congregants aren't sinless? Well then, you who are without sin...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 2 min LetsRoleplayThen 22
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Buck Crick 48,779
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 21 min Joi C 2,066
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 22 min ChristineM 445,725
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 52 min Buck Crick 281,266
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 53 min Joe Fortuna 971,703
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 55 min Student 44,697
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Annaleigh 105,621
More from around the web