Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658419 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415798 Jan 15, 2013
One can "debate" Scripture until the cows come home, because nothing can be proven.

However, I judge the RCC the way Jesus told us -- judge them by their deeds.

Yes, we have historical, real-life records and proof of RCC deeds.

No debate needed -- just the irrefutable facts.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415799 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont believe it will be any of the above for the reason that they have already died, or in the case of Enoch, translated.
as it is written, it is appointed unto man once to die.
I use the words of jesus, when he spoke of John the Baptist, and all fo the jew were waiting for elijah to come back to usher in the Kingdom of the Messiah and he told them that John was Elijah, not litteraly but Figurtively.
now to my opinion, I dont know who it will be,to be honest.
I think it will be Two Christians, that God has chosen a long time ago, for this special work, that are left here on Heaven aften the Rapture, and I do beleive that Heaven knows who they will be.
I think one time, that I might have been told, and a name that was given to me was of a person named john, or jonah, but it could have been given me for another reason, I just dont know. I am sorry.
No problem

It's an interesting discussion and I just wanted your thoughts..thanks
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415800 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem
Hey Chuck,

I believe it will be more than two witnesses...

Just my opinion...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415801 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem
Chuck,

Match these verses up to Rev 11 and find verses for Moses:

Elijah

2 Kings 2:11

11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.

1 Kings 17:1

17 Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab,“As the Lord, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word.”

Luke 4:25

25 I assure you that there were many widows in Israel in Elijah’s time, when the sky was shut for three and a half years and there was a severe famine throughout the land.

James 5:17-18

17 Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years.

18 Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.

Malachi 3:1-3

3 “I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come,” says the Lord Almighty.

2 But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap.

3 He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the Lord will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness,

Malachi 4:5-6

5 “See, I will send the prophet Elijah to you before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes.

6 He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of the children to their parents; or else I will come and strike the land with total destruction.”

I would say that the two witnesses represent all of God’s servants who are proclaiming the Word of the Lord.

Revelation 11:7

7 [[[[[Now when they have finished their testimony,]]]]] the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415802 Jan 15, 2013
We must remember that God's people need to proclaim God's message regardless of the cost.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415803 Jan 15, 2013
Also, we must remember that these two witnesses proclaimed God's message....as a result, costing them their lives.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415804 Jan 15, 2013
Revelation 11:4

4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”

Zechariah 4:3

3 Also there are two olive trees by it, one on the right of the bowl and the other on its left.”

Zechariah 4:11

11 Then I asked the angel,“What are these two olive trees on the right and the left of the lampstand?”

Zechariah 4:14

14 So he said,“These are the two who are anointed to serve the Lord of all the earth.”

The work of the 'church' is to share the Gospel with the world.

All of God's servants....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415805 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck. See, also, these two are paired together:

Malachi 4:4-5

4 “Remember the law of my servant Moses, the decrees and laws I gave him at Horeb for all Israel.

5 “See, I will send the prophet Elijah to you before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes.

These two, also, appeared at the Transfiguration of Christ:

Mark 9:4

4 And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415806 Jan 15, 2013
Innuendo?

Run Catholics, Run and hide. This is not a few sinners, this is THE CHURCH.

"Why the Vatican's diplomatic immunity days are numbered"

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/col...

It takes a "true" church to run away from sexually abused orphans seeking justice.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415807 Jan 15, 2013
Run Catholics, ruin and hide....

"Cables: Vatican pressured Ireland in abuse cases"

"One cable discloses the behind-the-scenes diplomatic maneuvers during which Irish politicians tried to persuade the Vatican to cooperate with the probe."

I wonder why almost 2000 years after Jesus died "to save mankind from sin," --- God's supposed "ONLY appointed church" has 5% of humanity fooled?

Jesus died to save 5% of humanity?

Nope. The RCC is a complete failure and slowly but surely is reaping what it has sown.

Too bad that the vast majority of the 5% were indoctrinated from their youth, or the number would be well under 1%.

I guess that's why Hitler started his Youth Corp.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415808 Jan 15, 2013
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415809 Jan 15, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
Innuendo?
Run Catholics, Run and hide. This is not a few sinners, this is THE CHURCH.
"Why the Vatican's diplomatic immunity days are numbered"
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/col...
It takes a "true" church to run away from sexually abused orphans seeking justice.
FM-

An extended bitch-fest from a protestant columnist doesn't really amount to an impending cessation of the Vatican's diplomatic status.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#415810 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Those whose mind is on the Lord are in perfect peace.
Self.
MICHAEL

Canada

#415811 Jan 15, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!
The biggest charity is the US federal government with 50M followers on food stamps alone. Not counting free medical and education for illegals and too many other entitlements to list.
Disciple says......The biggest charity is the US federal government with 50M followers on food stamps alone. Not counting free medical and education for illegals and too many other entitlements to list.

Michael says.....then add in all the other charitable organizations, school food drives, office food collections, Salvation army, RedCross and hundreds more charits that fund able bodied people sitting at home.

We can agree there are people in need, but an industry has been created, that FREE is good, and working is for fools.

We have created an industry of unemployment. Everyday I see signs in Home Depot, Dairy Queen, Walmart.....HELP WANTED!

Every year farmers bring in over 3 Million MIGRANT workers from 3,000 miles away to plant, garden and harvest our crops, while millions of able bodied americans sit at home watching tv, and scratching lottery tickets, and smoking.

Its time to make fat butt americans back to work, and take away all the freebee's! for those milking the system.

Once someone gets on foodstamps its nearly impossible to get those people productive.
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#415812 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I googled the word, no use to show it to the catholics, they have been lied to for centuries, but the word simply means Thanksgiving, and that is not what the catholcis do, they worship that ritual while Chrsitians give thanks for His Sacrifice.
the Greek noun &#949;&#8016;&#967 ;&#945;&#961;&#953 ;&#963;&#964;&#943 ;&#945; (eucharistia), meaning "thanksgiving", is not used in the New Testament as a name for the rite;[5] however, the related verb is found in New Testament texts concerning the Last Supper,[6][7][8] including the earliest:[5]
YOUR right it does mean Thanksgiving, which proves catholic's changed scripture to suit their tradtional doctrine.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#415813 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem
"I warn everyone who hears the prophetic words of this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add the plagues described in this book"
Apostle John Revelation 22: 18-19

Chuck, Preston and all other born again evangelicals.... the word Rapture is not in the book of Revelation. You added it a about 75 yrs ago.

The idea of a Rapture, was never heard of in all of Christianity, for the simple fact that the whole book was Johns mystical vision revealed in highly symbolic terms.
Much of the book is understood to have come and passed.
People being 'caught' up into the sky could be a mystical symbol of many things and not literally.
You guys (evangelicals) added this rapture concept to Johns book.

I could go on and on. Whore of Babylon?
You teach tat its the Roman Catholic Church. Its not.
John never said it was. In fact, when the Roman Catholic Church put those words into the Bible, they and all of Christianity understood it to be the previous Roman Empire John was seeing. This Empire almost wiped out all traces of Christianity. The Catholic Church defeated them by converting them to Christianity. Case closed. Johns prophecy came to pass.
The Book is clear: Do NOT add to the words. There is no reason to even have a bible study on the Book, you will not reveal anything hidden or new.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415814 Jan 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck, Preston and all other born again evangelicals.... the word Rapture is not in the book of Revelation. You added it a about 75 yrs ago.
When did I say it was?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415815 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR right it does mean Thanksgiving, which proves catholic's changed scripture to suit their tradtional doctrine.
Wrong.

You and Atem.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415816 Jan 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You teach tat its the Roman Catholic Church. Its not.
Show me where I have ever said this. Do you normally lie Clay?

I guess you better prove I said this or I will accept your apology.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#415817 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, the Eucharist IS, among other things, thanksgiving to God.

How does that prove your stupid assertion?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min _Drifter 974,644
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min Jake999 282,886
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min Clearwater 70,136
i need a man to get me pregnant no strings atta... (Dec '12) 46 min good guy with love 71
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 46 min Poppyann 2,994
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 59 min Jake999 45,581
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr gundee123 4,938
More from around the web