Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,014)

Showing posts 400,261 - 400,280 of511,603
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
disciple

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see my post asking why I would be required to ask my creator for mercy?
Why do you call god, god the father? He is nothing like a father.
My children don't ask me for mercy.
There is nothing that my children could do that I would torture them for eternity over.
My children have seen me from their birth. I never hid from them and demanded that they believe in me.
When my children do something wrong, I am right there to correct them and to explain to them why it is wrong.
Your god is not a father but any means. You need to call him something else.
Could it be that you don't have the power to give it?
ignoramus!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Hello there, did you know "I am" has a name.
Yes,and I Am is one of His names.

If it wasn't,then why did the Lord tell him to tell them that he is the I AM?????

Honey,you guys are focused more on His name than you are the gospel.

The Gospel is the most important message in God's Holy Word.

The good news.

The Old Testiment points to Christ our Saviour.

I have experienced too many things in life that tells me that not calling him Jehovah when I speak of Him will not keep me from His love.

God's Word say's nothing will seperate us from the love of God.

Romans 8

37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I asked you many times,have you spiritually been born again?

If not, maybe that's why you can't understand.

1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh;

but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God

Unless you have been born again,then you are carnally minded and can't understand spiritual things.

Constantly telling others that they should call the Almighty God Jehovah
does nothing to edify the Lord.
He is my Lord and Redeemer.
I can call Him that because it's biblical.
If you want to call Him Jehovah,that ok also.

The Lord know's our hearts and who belongs to Him.

The thing that worries me is that, you have bought into that false doctrine that has changed their message and beliefs so many times.
Also,the fact that according to the Holy Bible,the big wigs you follow in New York have been proven biblically to be false prophets.

News flash!!!

Jesus did not invisibly return in 1914 like they claimed.

God's Holy Word say's that when He returns,we all will see Him.

Revelation 1

4John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him >>>which is,>>> and which was, >>>and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6And hath made us kings and priests unto God >>>and his Father;
to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7Behold, he cometh with clouds; >>>and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
(waves to everyone and says)Hello!!
Holla!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
hey karen, have you ever sopped bean soup with corn bread and got it on your chin before?lol
Do you even have to ask that?

I'm from the south man!

We live on that stuff.

Do y'all cook your's with fat back?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
If it wasn't,then why did the Lord tell him to tell them that he is the I AM?????
The good news.
I have experienced too many things in life that tells me that not calling him Jehovah when I speak of Him will not keep me from His love.
Romans 8
37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Unless you have been born again,then you are carnally minded and can't understand spiritual things.
The thing that worries me is that, you have bought into that false doctrine that has changed their message and beliefs so many times.
Also,the fact that according to the Holy Bible,the big wigs you follow in New York have been proven biblically to be false prophets.
News flash!!!
Revelation 1
4John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him >>>which is,>>> and which was, >>>and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
7Behold, he cometh with clouds; >>>and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
Hello which Bible do you use?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
lol....Of course everyone knows the scripture of Joseph being the protector of the Holy Family, and the angel in the dream....
It is your low opinion of women that is the thing that makes me cringe. You just can't even imagine that a mother can protect a child....
It just makes me wonder. I have just traveled through some "red-neck" territory, and the women are abused....And in general women in this society are abused by small minded men that are in control....literal mind without much symbolically and nothing spiritually.
Well, here is the good news. Jesus was born of a woman, and not of a man. Get used to it.
I wrote,.... "The Acts by Luke; the beginning, of the (with Mary as the Eve of the) Church, and Revelation(the struggle of eschatology, with Mary as The Woman, which he spoke of while walking on the earth) which is very complex) by John. Beginning and End."
I meant:
The beginning of the Church in Acts..., Mary was there.
The end of the struggle in Revelation..., Mary was there.
Mary is The Woman spoken by Jesus, written by John in the Gospel.
Spoken by Jesus to his mother in John 2:4, 19:26(written by John)
Also written by John 11:19-12:6 (directly) and to the end of Chapter 12 by vision/prophecy.
if you cringe because i told you the truth, that is your problem. you said that mary tok jesus to save him from herod, I said that you are wrong and i PROVED IT

yOU;The beginning of the Church in Acts..., Mary was there.

NOW YOU SAY THAT BUT AT FIRST YOU INFERRED THAT MARY WAS EVE at the beginning of the church. i proved you wrong by saying that the apostles and the 70 were the charter members not Mary, and also to bolster my stand, I pointed out that Mary was outside with her other children while Jesus was already preaching to the other beleivers. so she was not at the beginning of the church, which means that she was not a charter member. I will concede that many people beleive that that chapter is about the church, but that doesnt mean that they are right.

so even if it is the church, mary is in heaven, she couldnt lead anyone into the wilderness. so you are wrong on that point too. and since you dont know me at all, and just because i disagree with you over Scripture doesnt give you a reason to disrespect me just because you have traveled through "red neck" country.

I place Mary exactly where she belongs, she was Born, she accepted jesus as her savior, she died and is in heaven. that is praise of the Highest, to make her more is lying and does disrespect her and her Son.
disciple

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't speak Spanish so I don't know what your link says.
Maybe you can answer this sense 4gvn won't..
Why does an image of Mary offend you?
Why does it make God Jealous?
Why did God command the Jews to make religious carvings of Angels?
Why, after billions of Catholics testify to that we don't worship statues, do you STILL accuse us of it?
I'm not trying to argue with you just to give you an illustration.
It does not affect me if the cc wants to have statues of Mary.
I think it's wrong but that's it.
Why it makes God jealous? because he says so.

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Can you please quote a scripture that makes this statement.
Amen !!!
Mkes you wonder why Prestons ignores the following scriptures so he can support a pre-tribultion rapture when the Bible plainly says diffrent.

Mathew 24

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

1 Thessalonians 4

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quote
There is nothing that my children could do that I would torture them for eternity over
There is no such thing as being tortured in hell forever. Its symbolic meaning the second death it means that there is no hope to be resurrected. Its these misunderstandings of the Bible that turns people off, lack of accurate knowlegde. How can you burn something forever? That doesn't even make sense.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Aviela good friend
I have seen you are weathering the storm on this thread. I really commend you for your patience.
I am somewhat amused by it all. I think it best for you to be also....
Now you may understand my initial reluctance to converse with you, as so few on here are willing to converse. There is much in the way of condemning/accussing going on here. And to me it is not so much out of understanding from a searching faith, but rather out of a sense of vainglory(boastfulness). And a bit to rigid for me at times....
From today's intercession of Evening prays, this is for you....
"Christ, Chosen One of God, you did not break the crushed reed or extinguish the wavering flame,
have mercy on all who are seeking you in good faith.
– Lord, send forth your Spirit upon us."
Robert,just so you know,I am not condemning her.
Just trying get her to understand.
that God has more than one name and that her insisting that we should call our Lord a certain name is not right.

Only God know's her heart.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even have to ask that?
I'm from the south man!
We live on that stuff.
Do y'all cook your's with fat back?
lol, No, all we had was some ham. and I got hungry again and got me another bowl.lol

I told my daughter yesterday, that it is time to get another hog. we are out of sausage.we buy our hog off of some mennonite who does a good job or butchering it. when I was a kid, come winter time, people would bring their hogs to our house and dad would butcher 5 or 6 a day.

and we would eat fresh sausage that night.

but the tongue was what all of us would fight oover.

and people dont even know what cracklins are today, since they skin the hog instead of scrape it like we use to do.
disciple

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> There is no such thing as being tortured in hell forever. Its symbolic meaning the second death it means that there is no hope to be resurrected. Its these misunderstandings of the Bible that turns people off, lack of accurate knowlegde. How can you burn something forever? That doesn't even make sense.
Hmmm!
"And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name"
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

How many people use the King James Bible raise your hand?!
disciple

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, No, all we had was some ham. and I got hungry again and got me another bowl.lol
I told my daughter yesterday, that it is time to get another hog. we are out of sausage.we buy our hog off of some mennonite who does a good job or butchering it. when I was a kid, come winter time, people would bring their hogs to our house and dad would butcher 5 or 6 a day.
and we would eat fresh sausage that night.
but the tongue was what all of us would fight oover.
and people dont even know what cracklins are today, since they skin the hog instead of scrape it like we use to do.
Did you make sure there was no blood residue?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>when mom died, we had the funeral at her church, Over normas complaint because of Mike.
and mike stood outside the church with his wife, crying. and he was afraid to go in because of his religion. mike was their first grandchild, and couldnt show enough respect for a woman that loved him like a son. at the hospital a few hours before she died, she spoke to me and told me that she wanted to go home and mike told her that she was to sick. and tears came into her eyes and she wispered to me. he doesnt understand, I want to go home and her eyes looked heavenward.
and a few hours later, God called her and told her that she was welcome into His Home. and now she is with her husband, two children that died earlier and my little baby boy, jerrod..
she didnt just go to sleep and that is it. there is a better life if a person only seeks it.
and there is another life, and a person doesnt have to do anything to inherit it, just do nothing and you will achieve it.
Who are you talking too?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>it's not in the bible because constantine probably told his chosen men to leave it out,why did he burn books? obviously to hide something,maybe the very question your asking me to answer,you say i'm assuming,so are you, since you can not prove anything yourself.
OK! Then quit your "babbling" about the word Catholic not being in the bible! You, jethro8 continue to "make things up" as you go along to fit your anti-catholic hostility and vindictiveness against the Historical and Biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His PROVEN One True Apostolic Universal (Catholic) Church!
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
The good news.
Romans 8
News flash!!!
Revelation 1
The whole theme of the Bible is announcing his kingdom and sanctifying his name. Do you understand what sanctifying a name means?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
Where in scripture is Marion doctrine even mentioned? please back up your assertions with scripture.
Where in scripture is the word "bible" or "bible only" mentioned! Please back up your Protestant (personal opinionated" "pot of (made up) propaganda" with scripture!!
disciple

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Aviela wrote:
How many people use the King James Bible raise your hand?!
How many use pamphlets?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Hello which Bible do you use?
Is that all you have to say after I posted to you?

Why do you not answer my questions?

You know what Bible I use,you know the one that say's thee and thou and thy?

And don't even try to promote that NWT.

Is this true???

Wt, 5/1/1957, pg 283, 284, 285,We will not ‘forsake our mother’s teaching’ by immediately beginning to criticize and find fault.....gratefully and willingly show our respect for Jehovah’s organization, for she is our mother and the beloved wife of our heavenly Father....

Sooo,do you believe that Jehovah’s organization is your mother and beloved wife of our Heavenly Father?

Please tell me how it is that you decided to become a JW's.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 400,261 - 400,280 of511,603
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

644 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Arthritis Pain 6 min andet1987 25
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Aerobatty 216,248
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min who 250,253
Opposite Of Truth 10 min dad of 3 3
Am looking for a good wealthy family to adopt m... (Oct '13) 13 min dad of 3 37
private money lender in glasgow/south lanarkshi... (Feb '13) 14 min lalka 44
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min Divinity Surgeon 679,159
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min Toby 89,370
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr zoelitchfieldx 215