Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
399,981 - 400,000 of 539,402 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
truth

Perth, Australia

#415142 Jan 12, 2013
Is that true indigenous people created heaven and earth..no no as politician say..yes they have rights on life but they are not Created Earth and Heaven..politicians will tell you that in order challenge what?

What John say
rev 6;9
john 18 read
truth

Perth, Australia

#415143 Jan 12, 2013
Someone say all mothers Mary are within one..please tell me which one is real?!

I told you long time ago is evil in matrix..as well possessors and deceivers are not Creator.

United States

#415144 Jan 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
I disagree with your assumption that the "trinity" is not found in the Bible. of course it is.
And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
In this verse alone, we find the "trinity" as has been stated a zillion times for those who wish to exploit our doctrine about one little word.
here we see that John talking about God sending him, and God told him that he would see the Holy Ghost fall on the Messiah and Jesus himself being Baptised and to further prove the Trinty is a true doctrine and FACT.John "hears" the voice of God speak highly of His Son.contrary to what the cult of jws think, teach and beleive.
-
-
Aviela wrote:
You know what the problem is. You are stuck in the old english transalation. Non understands that talk. King Henry the 8th days are over. You need a New translation Bible with its original writtings from the hebrew and greek scrolls.
-
*Shakespeareian* language is pretty much dead and buried.*Except* in Shakespeare's surviving plays and writings. The Most Famous Bard, William Shakespeare, was quite prolific; but unless one is well versed in the language of 1611, it is almost impossible to understand the nuances of British English, circa 1611, today in 2013.
-
In the immediate years preceding 1611, King James commissioned the translation of "The Holy Bible" into the Contemporary English, or the modern language of his day. To our dismay, in 2013, The King James Version is quite antiquated and unfortunately for us, "unintelligible." It's 400 years old, folks! So, naturally, four hundred years later, we are at quite a disadvantage in reading the Language of Old since language is dynamic and it evolves and changes over time. We know that.

To prove a point: Who would have known what a *computer* was in 1611? Hence new words are always entering the lexicon and so it stands to reason we would need to have "New Translations" of the Bible.

Similarly, old words are phased out and die off as new words enter the vernacular. Shouldn't the old and antiquated languages of the ancient Biblical translations be updated for our day?

Who knows what "sod pottage" means?

The King James states:

And Jacob **sod pottage**: and Esau came from the field, and he was **faint**:

But the New World Translation states:
Once when Jacob was **cooking some stew**, Esau came in from the open country,**famished**.

Here are the parallel translations:
http://bible.cc/genesis/25-29.htm

Much easier to understand in today's modern English, isn't it?

Who would realize that we would actually need contemporary translations of the Bible? None other than those who are living in contemporary times and making themselves busy presenting the Word of God to others. Contrast that with those who would love the Word of God to be buried in obscurity (purely for political reasons and for reasons of dishonest gain).

And, NO!.. atemcowboy, the "Trinity" is NOT found in the Bible. It is definitely NOT a concept found in the Hebrew Scriptures and Jesus *absolutely* did not introduce it as new theology. At http://www.bibletoday.com/htstb/spurious.htm you can find spurious verses .. including 1 John 5:7 - which alludes to the "Trinity". In other words; those verses were later added to the NT.

Quite frankly, ONLY Jesus Christ himself would have the authority to introduce "New Theology". No-one else has authority to speak for God but Jesus Christ himself (especially not the Pope). And now that Jesus is Dead and Resurrected to Sit at the Right Hand of God, only the words he left us are to be considered as coming from his mouth and *therefore* from the mind of Almighty God.

And ... Jesus explicitly left us these words: "Call No Man Your Father."

CAN ANYONE COMPREHEND THE IMPORTANCE OF THOSE WORDS??

Your life depends upon it!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415145 Jan 12, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
*Shakespeareian* language is pretty much dead and buried.*Except* in Shakespeare's surviving plays and writings. The Most Famous Bard, William Shakespeare, was quite prolific; but unless one is well versed in the language of 1611, it is almost impossible to understand the nuances of British English, circa 1611, today in 2013.
-
In the immediate years preceding 1611, King James commissioned the translation of "The Holy Bible" into the Contemporary English, or the modern language of his day. To our dismay, in 2013, The King James Version is quite antiquated and unfortunately for us, "unintelligible." It's 400 years old, folks! So, naturally, four hundred years later, we are at quite a disadvantage in reading the Language of Old since language is dynamic and it evolves and changes over time. We know that.
To prove a point: Who would have known what a *computer* was in 1611? Hence new words are always entering the lexicon and so it stands to reason we would need to have "New Translations" of the Bible.
Similarly, old words are phased out and die off as new words enter the vernacular. Shouldn't the old and antiquated languages of the ancient Biblical translations be updated for our day?
The King James states:
But the New World Translation states:
Once when Jacob was **cooking some stew**, Esau came in from the open country,**famished**.
Here are the parallel translations:
http://bible.cc/genesis/25-29.htm
Much easier to understand in today's modern English, isn't it?
Who would realize that we would actually need contemporary translations of the Bible? None other than those who are living in contemporary times and making themselves busy presenting the Word of God to others. Contrast that with those who would love the Word of God to be buried in obscurity (purely for political reasons and for reasons of dishonest gain).
And, NO!.. atemcowboy, the "Trinity" is NOT found in the Bible. It is definitely NOT a concept found in the Hebrew Scriptures and Jesus *absolutely* did not introduce it as new theology. At http://www.bibletoday.com/htstb/spurious.htm you can find spurious verses .. including 1 John 5:7 - which alludes to the "Trinity". In other words; those verses were later added to the NT.
Quite frankly, ONLY Jesus Christ himself would have the authority to introduce "New Theology". No-one else has authority to speak for God but Jesus Christ himself (especially not the Pope). And now that Jesus is Dead and Resurrected to Sit at the Right Hand of God, only the words he left us are to be considered as coming from his mouth and *therefore* from the mind of Almighty God.
And ... Jesus explicitly left us these words: "Call No Man Your Father."
CAN ANYONE COMPREHEND THE IMPORTANCE OF THOSE WORDS??
Your life depends upon it!

The King James states:

goat stew, and weak.

just because you dont understand what is said, doesnt mean that others cant. didnt you ever take english lit in High school?

as for me, I dont understand any of the new translations. they make no sense at all.the KJV is the best transliteration of Koine greek and Hebrew, bar none.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415146 Jan 12, 2013
even using this nick of guest, the stench still comes over the screen, sda guy.lol

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#415147 Jan 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
lETS SEE ALL OF YOUR EARLY LEADERS HAVE MADE WRONG DOOSDAY PREDICTIONS ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE ANOTHER ONE AVIELA.
SURVIVE ARMEGGEDON , NOW WHERE DID I HEAR THAT BEFORE OH YES MORMONS BELIEVE THAT.
I MET A FORMER J W PASTOR IN MY YOUNGER DAYS HE TOLD ME MAY THINGS ABOUT YOUR CHURCH, AND WHY HE LEFT.
THE BIBLE DIDN'T GO ALONG WITH WHAT THE JW TAUGHT. I believe JW is a spin off of the catholic church , is it not.
I will have to check that out for myself.
Have you ever looked at the Dogma of all the christian churches and wondered why the vary at all?

If it takes the holy spirit to understand the bible and what god wants, why are their so many varying beliefs?

Simple, you believe what you have been taught to believe or you are a non-conformist and believe contrary to your parents. You don't think for yourself; you believe what your are taught.

You know why I don't yell {Type in all caps}? Because I know where the information is and I know that you will not look; no matter how much I yell, scream, stomp my feet, or play on your feelings, you are not going to open your mind.

If you said that jesus was going to preform a miracle tomorrow and that miracle was going to be... I would watch for that miracle and if it happened, I would be open to changing my mind. But so far, the only miracle that "christians" are willing to commit to, is that the sun will raise. No shyt! Try something a little more specific and a little more unique.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#415148 Jan 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Herme, How are you doing??
I still have times where I really miss my Mother-in-law, and my friend Nancy. They both died with in a short time of each other.
My brother died last fall, I miss them all very much.
Its funny after Nancy past all the people from our Bible study group just fanned out I don't hear from them any more.
I miss her a lot.
LTM I am doing better. Its a slow recovery process but I am overjoyed that the fluid has not returned to my lungs and I have stayed out of the hopsital. I hope you are well.When you really have someone in your heart,the grief never really completely leaves. But it gets easier to cope with. Certainly Christ and His promise heals and comforts. Stay well. Luv ya.

United States

#415149 Jan 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Who knows what "sod pottage" means?
The King James states:
goat stew, and weak.
just because you dont understand what is said, doesnt mean that others cant. didnt you ever take english lit in High school?
as for me, I dont understand any of the new translations. they make no sense at all.the KJV is the best transliteration of Koine greek and Hebrew, bar none.
LOL

Ya THINK?

OH! Obviously you did NOT "read" what I 'wrote'!

I was enumerating on the fact that "we" - in 2013 - do not *quite* comprehend OLDE English.

If you do not understand the "new" translations, then you are sorely lacking, as they are in the vernacular.

The "Vernacular" is: "Today's Modern English."

lol ... You need to "Google" more often, atemcowboy! And learn to speak in the modern language you find yourself a contemporary of! LOL

And, please, for your own good - and for the edification of those you address - stop throwing down the term "Koine Greek" as if you are fluent, for I doubt that you are! Evangelicals tend to *habitually* throw down the words "Koine Greek" as a conversation stopper. They seem to think it makes a difference in how one is to interpret the Bible. NOTHING could be further from the truth.

This is 2013. We've ALL "been there and done that" - and Koine Greek is just as - if not more than - outdated as is 1611 OLDE English.(Get a clue.)

Time to upgrade your *software* don't ya think, atemcowboy?

United States

#415150 Jan 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
even using this nick of guest, the stench still comes over the screen, sda guy.lol
-

SDA? lol

you've not a clue!
4GVN

Scott City, MO

#415151 Jan 13, 2013
The question is ,Clay, why wo't you answer these quesstions?
4GVN

Scott City, MO

#415152 Jan 13, 2013
Clay, here are the questions again if you would like to be honest and respond...'4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>..........Why then is all of the emphasis on Mary? Why do you not have statues of Jesus in every yard? Think Clay. Driving through Catholic neighborhoods one would rightly assume that the emphasis is on Mary. That Mary is the most important person. That Mary is the objest of worship and devotion. WHY is this the message being portrayed? Why is there an abnormal amount of sinful problems within the Catholic Church. Why was there a sex abuse cover-up? If you can't trust the church with the truth about the sex abuse, why would you believe that you could trust them with other matters? Why are catholic priests dieing of aids at a rate of 4 times higher than the average public.(And they take VOWS of celibacy.)
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#415154 Jan 13, 2013
4GVN wrote:
Clay, here are the questions again if you would like to be honest and respond...'4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>..........Why then is all of the emphasis on Mary? Why do you not have statues of Jesus in every yard? Think Clay. Driving through Catholic neighborhoods one would rightly assume that the emphasis is on Mary. That Mary is the most important person. That Mary is the objest of worship and devotion. WHY is this the message being portrayed? Why is there an abnormal amount of sinful problems within the Catholic Church. Why was there a sex abuse cover-up? If you can't trust the church with the truth about the sex abuse, why would you believe that you could trust them with other matters? Why are catholic priests dieing of aids at a rate of 4 times higher than the average public.(And they take VOWS of celibacy.)
Every time I take the time and answer your questions, you just ignore it. Your mind is made up no matter what evidence is presented before you. That is the only way your religion functions.(trust me I know) The people need to submit to complete ignorance to be a part of your congregation, and that's why I rejected that path.

You guys should be the ones required to answer questions.
Why does a beautiful statue of the Mother of Christ offend you? Why is God jealous of that statue?
If we had an actual photograph of Mary holding Jesus, would God be jealous of that too?

While your at it, answer this: Where does Jesus teach sola scripture? where do his apostles teach sola scripture?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#415155 Jan 13, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that is why I'm asking you. Why would I want an inconsistent, conflicting contradiction from so many denominations when I can go to you that has a total of 8 years of Bible experience.
Come on lay it on me.
Afraid to be in the 41,000+ pile?
I'm not going to "waste my time" answering questions about the Catholic faith to "Indoctrinated Protestants" who have their minds and hearts "ingrained and duped" with anti-catholic heresy, hypocricy and hate. If you want ANY of your questions answered, go and read the Catholic Catechism (that is "if you dare) and you will find the TRUTH of what the bible (actually). You will also find the TRUE interpretation of the bible which was handed down by the Early Church Fathers in 382, 393 and 397AD, who gave you Protestants the bible, which you mis-interpret and mis-use to your own "demise and destruction"!!!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#415156 Jan 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
She wasn't talking to a Catholic Jethro. That's my point. You jumped into it with anti catholic guns a blazing and it didn't have anything to do with us.
preston is not catholic?? thought he was,if not my apologies for my mistake,but what i said still applies to what catholics believe.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#415157 Jan 13, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that is why I'm asking you. Why would I want an inconsistent, conflicting contradiction from so many denominations when I can go to you that has a total of 8 years of Bible experience.
Come on lay it on me.
Afraid to be in the 41,000+ pile?
Lets put it this way! I/myself, the other Catholics on this forum and Catholic Church Church (itself) is, and never has been a part of your 41,000+(now over 42,000)pile of inconsistent and contradiction (mish-mash) of bible (mis-interpretation Protestant beliefs........ Quite frankly,I want (no part of it, having my "fill of these distortions" for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant. It is ALL YOURS!!! You can have it!!!!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#415158 Jan 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>preston is not catholic?? thought he was,if not my apologies for my mistake,but what i said still applies to what catholics believe.
You don't get to decide what Catholics believe. I see allot of finger pointing towards us; people telling us what we believe instead of asking us. How many posts start out,'Catholics think that...
Catholics believe in ... Catholicism is..'

you guys hate what you think is the Catholic Church, not what IS the Catholic Church.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#415159 Jan 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>preston is not catholic?? thought he was,if not my apologies for my mistake,but what i said still applies to what catholics believe.
You thought Preston was Catholic? lol

He just calls out the hypocrisy amongst you guys, that's all. None of you will admit it, but you are all doctrinally a mess. He has guts to stand up when he sees deception.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415161 Jan 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time I take the time and answer your questions, you just ignore it. Your mind is made up no matter what evidence is presented before you. That is the only way your religion functions.(trust me I know) The people need to submit to complete ignorance to be a part of your congregation, and that's why I rejected that path.
You guys should be the ones required to answer questions.
Why does a beautiful statue of the Mother of Christ offend you? Why is God jealous of that statue?
If we had an actual photograph of Mary holding Jesus, would God be jealous of that too?
While your at it, answer this: Where does Jesus teach sola scripture? where do his apostles teach sola scripture?
Clay -- a spiritually superior ones writes how others "need to submit to complete ignorance to be a part of your congregation.... "

Yet the spiritually superior Catholics only need to look south to see the fruits of their system of faith -- totalitarianism, backwardness, poverty, and crime.

This is why Catholics seek to leave supposed "spiritually superior" (ONLY TRUE) Catholic-majorities -- and NOT the other way around.

This is what is commonly called "reality."

Clay's supposed "superior" faith -- for over 100 years stood against that of 99% of America's Founders -- who according to Clay "submit to complete ignorance."

This from a "superior" faith that uses Diplomatic Immunity -- given to it by their patron Bonito Mussolini -- to avoid justice for thousands of sexually abused orphans.

Impressive ..... NOT!
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415162 Jan 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to "waste my time" answering questions about the Catholic faith to "Indoctrinated Protestants" who have their minds and hearts "ingrained and duped" with anti-catholic heresy, hypocricy and hate. If you want ANY of your questions answered, go and read the Catholic Catechism (that is "if you dare) and you will find the TRUTH of what the bible (actually). You will also find the TRUE interpretation of the bible which was handed down by the Early Church Fathers in 382, 393 and 397AD, who gave you Protestants the bible, which you mis-interpret and mis-use to your own "demise and destruction"!!!
Actually, it was 100% of America's Founders who "mis-interpret and mis-use" to their own "demise and destruction" -- according to Hojo of the ONLY True spiritually superior faith.

I say 100% and not 99% of America's Founders, because I discover they John Carroll was considered a heretic by the Vatican.

Carroll wanted the USA Catholic Church to be governed through a democratic process run by U.S. Priests.

Today's Catholic conservatives stand against 100% of America's Founders ....... and against orphans and deaf children, but that's yet another story the supporters of the superior ONLY TRUE faith wish to avoid.

TRUTH, JUSTICE, REFORMATION AMERICA
Clay

United States

#415163 Jan 13, 2013
4GVN wrote:
All Marian doctrine is rooted in this fact: her Son is God made manifest. Jesus is God.

Once you realize who Christ is, its easy to understand who Mary is.

Why did Christ bring His Mother into Heaven without suffering death?
Why did God (Christ) make His Mother without the blemish of sin?

Because He could. If anyone of us had the ability to make our Mother that way, we would have. But we couldn't. Jesus could and He did.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 733,694
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Patrick 226,503
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min Freebird USA 173,299
do right by your woman 7 min pusherman_ 1
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min Aadhi Thamizhan 5,351
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min Epiphany2 600,142
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 49 min yon 2,514
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr JUDEletePete 118,091
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 19 hr Tiffany 107
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••