Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,990)

Showing posts 399,781 - 399,800 of529,654
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>There is not a day that goes by when I do not view EWTN. It does have good programming,and so on.O f course I expect that teachings and prayers and so on include Mary.If I did not want to see that ,naturally I should not even watch EWTN.But the reality is,the veneration and doctrines that point to Mary's intercession and major role of being INTERCESSOR between Jesus and us is very apparent.
I always knew that was the case,but since three years ago when watching EWTN,it has been reinforced in my mind that Catholicism will never settle for the Biblical account of Mary.The emphasis on Mary is more than we could even imagine.The Catholics cannot separate themselves from it,and they totally identify themselves through Mary first to her Son. If that is not worship? I don't know what is. People think worship is just going to a service or Mass and saying or praying to God,and singing songs to Him,and lifting their hearts in praise to Him,that is true.But worship is also an attitude of the heart,and meditation to ONE beyond your physical space.
Mary is no less praised and worshiped than Jesus is,if you go through her first than she is worshiped,adored and glorified in your mind when you than go to her Son,the Lord Jesus. I think that when Catholics claim Mary is not worhiped,they are literally lying to themselves,or in the case of many they do not realize what they are doing.How is that so?
My point here is that MARY is worshiped,adored and glorified by every Catholic,whether they believe so in their hearts or not.Because by virtue of how they place her in the PRAYER and meditation of seeking to go to JESUS,she has to be venerated beyond any other human being.
The Catholics here all deny such things,than they are missing out on what many of their saints for centuries have not only stated but practiced,the full worship to the Arch as they call her.The difference between the ARCH of the Covenant which in and of itself was not worshiped,is that Mary being typified as such IS worshiped. Catholics deny it all you want,it is so.It is in every breath of what you espouse H e r to be,not only Blessed,but the O n e you must go through to get to her Son.You must venerate her,and so every litany said in every Novena,and every canticle sang to her with glorious pomp of her being Spouse to the Holy Spirit,Mother of God,and glorious Queen of Heaven and the Angels,is pure W o r s h i p, loud and clear.We cannot deny that is what you are doing but yet you do,actually that is shameful on your(Catholics) part,because you say one thing but do another.
I am not criticizing or vilifying the worship of Mary here,I am stating the obvious,Catholics worship her,and deny they do.That is shameful!
How come you, the JWs and others can't seem to have a religion unless you bear false witness?

If we were worshiping Mary, I wouldn't be Catholic.
It baffles me that you'd stand before God and teach that another group is doing something when every single one of them will assure you they are not! If that is not bearing false witness, then what is?
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
Just because a religion is rich, popular and its been around for a long time doesnt make it right. If that were the case Jesus would not have been CALLING OUT the Pharisees and Sadducees. So don't think for once that all religions are good and direct you to God. What I notice here many of you are caught up in the riches and glory of the Pope. The traditions of men, the fact that you can run your own program and do as you please because you lack faith and have no fear of the consequences that false religion will experience when Jesus comes and crumbles them to pieces.
Just saying;o)
If that's what you notice, than you're not very observant. Most of the people you've been 'talking' to are protestants, not Catholics.
Preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, I'd suggest you stop answering them. They're attention junkies. Every time someone replies to them, it releases dopamine in their tiny little brain and they get a rush like an addict. Mikey starts yapping and nipping at ankles, and that other thing starts braying at the top of its lungs...lol! Just scroll past their posts, most people do.
The Catholic Church is the biggest threat to militant atheists because she speaks out the loudest against their agendas. She keeps God in the public eye, and they want Him removed. They're not as threatened by the fundies because they're too scattered, splintered, fractured to make a difference. They're never the first to speak out, but usually follow in the Church's footsteps. So, of course, the Church is their prime target. Nevertheless, if you go to one of the fundie threads here, you'll see them do the same thing, maybe worse.
I wouldn't worry about Heckle and Jeckle if I were you. Dan and Anthony wiped the floor with them, so they're having a hissy fit. Just talk around them; have discussions with other people. IOW, ignore them...like everybody else does.
glad that you told clay that, I started to tell him the same thing.

good advice
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Michael:"its a world of millions of opinions,and yours is no more important than anyone elses." Of coruse I agree with that,and remember that for yourself as well.AND I know sir that my opinion is often just an opinion as well. It takes a little humility to back off and not argue a point,to further your own opinion.
We often are not fully right or fully wrong,most of us are in the middle,looking both ways,trying to find a safe ground to voice our opinion without being viewed as an idiot and so on.
I love Christianity because although we have many opinions,we still have the final Word,that God has given to us through the Scriptures.In that we find common ground and the basis for our New Birth in Christ,who gave us Eternal Life,if we believe on Him. That is why I am not anti[-Catholic,prot,or anti anything Christian,even the cults have their good points and safe place in the Christian faith.Although the cults will have a rude awakening when they find out that believing Jesus is not Divine could cost them everything they so strived for within their organizations.(Just an opinion)!
I cannot condemn anyone to hell.It is not my place,but I can warn a person that rejecting Jesus as the Son of the Living God,Incarnate,could be a decision you will R E G R E T.
You have been on this forum a long time Michael,somehow, you must down deep share a little of what we believe,or you would not spend so much time with us?
You may say NO,but how can you constantly read our affirmation of faith,and continue on such a hard road of unbelief,(many atheists have come on here and left)?You are a former Catholic as the majority of those who challenge the Catholics on this forum.Nothing ever taught to you took root?
No loving God would divide us up into groups and those born by CHANCE into one belief be given the keys to the kingdom of heaven and those born by chance into some other belief left behind.

Makes no common sense.

Why would any God relegate IMPERFECT beings to an eternity of hell, simply because they viewed their options differently than you.

If God's purpose was to create humanity to live for millions of years, with millions who suffer often through no fault of their own then die and be divided up with some going to heaven and the rest to hell.

If God was really interested in souls making it to heaven, wouldn;t it have been a lot easier to create what he wanted and placed them in heaven when he wanted instead of this many million year long crusade of a game that has much pain, suffering, and agony for many just trying to make it through this life?

makes no common sense.....

Every large religion past and present has their books (bibles) of what they claim to be the KEY that everyone is searching for.

Remember all the NT writers were Jewish and their stories in the NT was about jewish life. For them to embrace a new religion coming called christianity would make all the jewish NT writers heretics in their own jewish belief at the time they SUPPOSEDLY wrote these works.

makes no common sense.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I think I'm the only non CAtholic here. I think outside the box. I'm not the popular chick in town..hehe
While they think I'm going to hell for drinking wine. I enjoy my *Moscato* every once in a while:oD
"it is not what goes into the body that defiles a man,but which comes out of the heart that defiles a man." Jesus said this.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I think I'm the only non CAtholic here. I think outside the box. I'm not the popular chick in town..hehe
While they think I'm going to hell for drinking wine. I enjoy my *Moscato* every once in a while:oD
There are a bunch of us that are ex catholics or former catholics on here. Myself, FREE MIND, Jethro, NASL and one or two others.

Organized religion is the great divide or wedge in our world. Its too bad religion has created so much hatred. The hatred is witnessed everyday on this forum.

Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How come you, the JWs and others can't seem to have a religion unless you bear false witness?
It baffles me that you'd stand before God and teach that another group is doing something when every single one of them will assure you they are not! If that is not bearing false witness, then what is?
Now Clay what does the Bible say about statues? Why so many statues of Mary?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Preston wrote:
<quoted text>glad that you told clay that, I started to tell him the same thing.
good advice
ReginaM. has stated this a dozen times in the past. She keeps coming back for more. Because deep down inside she REALLY likes us.

Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct me if I'm wrong why are there hail Mary prayers? No one should be praying to Mary. I'm sure you've also seen candles with Mary's face on it. How do you think God feels about worshiping his creations instead of the creator?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, I'd suggest you stop answering them. They're attention junkies. Every time someone replies to them, it releases dopamine in their tiny little brain and they get a rush like an addict. Mikey starts yapping and nipping at ankles, and that other thing starts braying at the top of its lungs...lol! Just scroll past their posts, most people do.
The Catholic Church is the biggest threat to militant atheists because she speaks out the loudest against their agendas. She keeps God in the public eye, and they want Him removed. They're not as threatened by the fundies because they're too scattered, splintered, fractured to make a difference. They're never the first to speak out, but usually follow in the Church's footsteps. So, of course, the Church is their prime target. Nevertheless, if you go to one of the fundie threads here, you'll see them do the same thing, maybe worse.
I wouldn't worry about Heckle and Jeckle if I were you. Dan and Anthony wiped the floor with them, so they're having a hissy fit. Just talk around them; have discussions with other people. IOW, ignore them...like everybody else does.
Good advice. I will take it.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>"it is not what goes into the body that defiles a man,but which comes out of the heart that defiles a man." Jesus said this.
I agree with you 100% thanks for reminder Pad.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Now Clay what does the Bible say about statues? Why so many statues of Mary?
It depends what verse you read.(and what you want to see of it)

Bottom line: you guys teach that God is jealous of a depiction of Mary holding His Son.
For that, you throw all reason and logic out the window.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
No loving God would divide us up into groups and those born by CHANCE into one belief be given the keys to the kingdom of heaven and those born by chance into some other belief left behind.
Makes no common sense.
Why would any God relegate IMPERFECT beings to an eternity of hell, simply because they viewed their options differently than you.
If God's purpose was to create humanity to live for millions of years, with millions who suffer often through no fault of their own then die and be divided up with some going to heaven and the rest to hell.
If God was really interested in souls making it to heaven, wouldn;t it have been a lot easier to create what he wanted and placed them in heaven when he wanted instead of this many million year long crusade of a game that has much pain, suffering, and agony for many just trying to make it through this life?
makes no common sense.....
Every large religion past and present has their books (bibles) of what they claim to be the KEY that everyone is searching for.
Remember all the NT writers were Jewish and their stories in the NT was about jewish life. For them to embrace a new religion coming called christianity would make all the jewish NT writers heretics in their own jewish belief at the time they SUPPOSEDLY wrote these works.
makes no common sense.
What makes no sense to me Michael,is God the Father sending his Son to live,suffer,crucified,died,and resurrected for what? If that does not come clear as to why God would send Jesus to do this,than all religion makes no sense anyway. Common sense is not always what we think,it is only common sense, that Jesus should be recognized in some way IF in fact He lived,suffered,crucifed,died,w as buried and rose again to the Glroy of His Father in Heaven.Other wise all the common sense in the world does not mean a hill of beans in light of His being what the Scriptures say,and for this many centuries we humans through faith and living proof of our lives continue to witness of His great glory.

You will never be able to get that story of the Living God,and His dear Son out of the mind of consciousness of this world,it is here to stay,and it will not die.Thousands,literally millions have died to venerate with their lives the Lord Jesus,and His claims of being the Only begotten of the Father.

Martyrs are even as we type here.In many countries people are facing torture and death for believing in Jesus,reading His Word,and teaching their children about the Love of the Father.Their blood spilt,is either in vain or it is not? I cannot deny Him,and common sense tells me to place my hope and trust in Him who gave Himself for me.It is idiocy for me to reject Him,for what? Nothing! Opinions? Atheistic rhetoric that leads to nowhere? I have peace of mind,you claim you do,but yet you are on here every day to try and prove to me apparently I lack common sense and do not have peace of mind believing in Him who gave all for me,but someday I will be with Him and see Him as He really is. I have much to look forward to.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
LAUGHING OUTLOUD!!

How many times have you stated that in the past? Maybe 20?? Don't post to them she says.

We bring factual stories about priests/bishops, we post their names including their parishes who have done terrible things. But instead of you saying thankyou Michael for telling us, you standby them and bad talk us for telling these stories that you should know about.

Makes no common sense!

We might disagree on theology, but that is no reason to be so self righteous and hateful of others. God would not approve of such a thing.

.... Sooner or later you will again! post back to us, because deep down you REALLY do, like us.

ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Preston wrote:
<quoted text>glad that you told clay that, I started to tell him the same thing.
good advice
Hey, Preston!

Even Charles, who's no friend of the Catholics, blows those two off. Anyone who's got a clue does.

I thought you were going to post a pic of your son last night?
Preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Good advice. I will take it.
green checkmark.

dont let them run you off. you are a nice guy and i enjoy arguing(debating) with you.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Correct me if I'm wrong why are there hail Mary pra yers? No one should be praying to Mary. I'm sure you've also seen candles with Mary's face on it. How do you think God feels about worshiping his creations instead of the creator?
While I certainly could understand how someone could look at us and think we're worshiping a statue. I mean, if I walked into a Catholic Church for the first time, that's probably what I would think too.
The responsible thing to do is ask them what they're doing.

All we Catholics would like is for people to hate us for what we actually believe, instead of what they THINK we believe.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What makes no sense to me Michael,is God the Father sending his Son to live,suffer,crucified,diedcont inue to witness of His great glory.
You will never be able to get that story of hildren about the Love of the Father.Their blood spilt,is either in vain or it is not? I cannot deny Him,and common sense tells me to place my hope and trust in Him who gave Himself for me.It is idiocy for me to reject Him,for what? Nothing! Opinions? Atheistic rhetoric that leads to nowhere? I have peace of mind,you claim you do,but yet you are on here every day to try and prove to me apparently I lack common sense and do not have peace of mind believing in Him who gave all for me,but someday I will be with Him and see Him as He really is. I have much to look forward to.
edited for space......

Think for a minute about the story you are talking about.

In our world we would never sacrifice our child over ourselves in such a scenario.

God sends his son down to die for our sins, and in order for this to happen he has to become a heretic in his own religion, piss off his church leaders SO BADLY that they want him dead. Scriptures claim that a small crowd determine his fate and they have a choice. JESUS or BARABAS. If the crowd used their own free will and screamed BARABAS instead, how would this whole scenario have ever panned out.

For the past 2000 years there has been controversy of who actually killed this man. The pope recently said the jews are not responsible for his death. Shouldn't we CLEARY know who is responsible for someone who claimed to be the son of God of who ordered his death?

Historians will tell you during this era there were many men who claimed to be the messiah, the son of God. How could so many others claim to have the same element of who they were. The son of God. Throughout history many beliefs that came long before christianity had trinitys, sacrificial meals, baptisms, concepts of heaven and hell and those that too claimed to offer eternal salvation if you believed in them. Did christianity plagurize most of the customs/traditions from man gods that lived a 1,000 years before?

makes no common sense....that a man comes along, claims he is the son of God, performs miracles, has customs/traditions and all of these were not UNIQUE to christianity or Jesus but practiced by others who lived and died centuries before.

makes no common sense..

Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

@Pad

Pad, I pray there are borderline Catholics out there that will see your false witness testimony and come back to the faith.
That's the only reason why I never continued down the evangelical route. I was willing to join y'all yrs ago. I WANTED to join ya. Catholic Mass was too boring...
But the reality was, you guys only exist because you spread falsehoods about Catholicism. I saw it when they told me all about Catholics 'worshipping Mary'. Well, I knew that wasn't true cuz I grew up Catholic. So that was the red flag I needed to see to realize you people were using deception to get me to convert. That was to Satanlike for me.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Preston wrote:
good advice
Yeah, I knew better too. Oh well, life goes on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 399,781 - 399,800 of529,654
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

595 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min BLUEEYED CHILD OF FORTUNE 715,914
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min JudgeNJury 255,562
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Buck Crick 223,042
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 7 min RFD 1,363
Why was the cities of sodom and gomorrah burnt ... 16 min Basten 6
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min EdmondWA 93,131
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 30 min been 324
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Ava 58
•••