Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,988)

Showing posts 399,741 - 399,760 of530,167
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Saturday January 12
Set Boundaries (1)
Lev 21:1-23:25, Matt 6:19-34, Ps 71:17-24, Pr 2:3-5
'All you need to say is simply "Yes" or "No"...' Matthew 5:37 NIV

When does 'a good thing' become 'too much'? Can I help you, without hurting me? Can we share our lives, without me giving up mine? When do you truly need my help? When do I need to let go, and let you and God handle it? Finding the balance between 'enough' and 'too much' in relationships is a constant challenge and isn't easy. Especially when your role tends to be 'all things, at all times, to all people,' and theirs is 'I'm helpless, you owe me, take care of me'; when you have no "no" and they have no "yes". Needing to be needed by needy people who always want someone to take care of them puts the needy person in the driver's seat-and puts you over the edge. They are never happy, whatever you do. So you do more to make them feel happier and yourself feel less guilty, and you end up in a double bind. They resent you for not giving enough, and you resent them for not appreciating what you give. Yet neither of you knows how to break the cycle. So the relationship becomes what counsellors call a 'more-of-the-same' tangle where both parties resent and devalue the other, feeling stuck in a life-dominating trap you both fear to jettison. Marriages, families, friendships, workplaces, churches and social groups get trapped in this 'victim-rescuer' pattern where needy people and fixers become trapped in a mutual dance they both 'love to hate' but won't stop doing! Recognise yourself? If so, you're moving toward a helthier, less toxic relationship.
The Word for Today
Yep, I recognise myself, that was the first few years of my marriage and my relationship with my mother. I had to work hard for years to learn to set boundaries, not an easy thing to do when one wishes to protect others and make them happy, it was a huge challenge in my work too, when I first started out. I'm grateful that God and some Godly people helped me in this as I used to drive myself round the bend and never had any 'me' time at all. The only area I struggle with it now, is with my lil' guys, they're just so adorable.
Peace <3
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Attention Roman Catholics...

Only creeps have anything to do with using diplomatic immunity to avoid accountability and restitution for the widespread rape of Orphans.

Stop being creeps now!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.concordatwatch.eu/showtopic.php...

http://jonathanturley.org/2010/04/01/vatican-...

Thanks to Mussolini, The RCC is now a Church, a Government, and a State -- the most immoral combination of all kinds.

"Giuseppe dalla Torre, head of the Vatican’s tribunal, has reportedly declared that efforts to question Pope Benedict on the widening abuse scandal would be refused on the grounds of diplomatic immunity.

Dalla Torre stated The pope is certainly a head of state, who has the same juridical status as all heads of state” and thus immune."

Only creeps support using diplomatic immunity to keep from paying restitution to orphans and deaf children who were raped.

Creeps!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>quote"God is not a concept, or a munfufactured idea(concept) of man."unquote unless you can show undeniable proof that the one god theory is true,he is a concept of mans.you have nothing to verify the stories in the bible and the books left out are factual,if you read history dating farther back than 2000 yrs. ago you'll find the same stories written by learned people,the most common one is the great flood story,stories of this nature go back before man created the alphabet,there are numerous drawings on cave walls in europe,south america,ireland,scotland and asia. the bible is a concept created by a group of people that emporer constantine put together to create a religion that the christians and paganists of rome could live with,that is how the concept of catholocism was born,it is of mans imagination,not a creation of a single god,if it were it would date back further than 2,000 yrs. considering how long the earth has been around,2,000 yrs is not that long ago.the earth is billions of years old and a god created man a few centuries ago? i believe we were aledgedly created somewhere between 6,000 to 10,000 yrs ago? the time depends on who you talk to,religious group that is.and christianity is a baby compared to other religions.
According to scriptures Adam and Eve failed by their own free will, and down the road Jesus was needed to redeem their sins, and God would have known Adam and Eve would fail otherwise why would there be a Jesus in the first place if Jesus only purpose was to offer salvation for original sin committed by Adam and Eve?

If Adam and Eve did not eat the forbidden fruit, why would there be a Jesus?

If godman Jesus died for our sins just 2,000 years ago, and if Jesus has ALWAYS! existed, what was his purpose for the last 500 BILLION years and all time before when there was nothing and no souls to save?

makes no common sense....
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Sock Puppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose by "we" you mean some denomination like the JW.
Jesus is Jehovah
Throughout the Bible you will find Jesus is not only the Son of God but also God "the beginning and the last".
And all stories written outside the bible by writers or historians, you won't see anything about a Jesus son of God at ALL!.

something is terribly wrong!

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Financially distraught Illinois thanks to the Democrates,is thankfully not too cold right now,our heat bills are not as high as they normally are this time of year.We need a break here.The present administration has raised our taxes 50 dollars cross the tax board,even more in some cases.We have to pay for the blunders of our politicians.Actually our Republicans are not much different from the Democrats,they all hate each other,and in secret are buddies,eat,drink and are merry with each other,and probably laugh at the multitudes of Americans who have to pay THEIR (politicians) bills.
It is warmer here,we expect cold weather very soon,most likely a Canadian blast which we get every so often.Why are you Canadians doing better politically,have any answers to that Michael,or LTM,whoever wants to answer,please do?
Pad, Michael may be more enlighten about this then me . I am not into politics. I voted twice in my life the first for Joe Clark , they throw him out after a few months, then Bob Ray he nearly bankrupted the country. LOL
Our Gas, oil, hydro, all went up too. rents are through the roof I can tell you that. any where from $850,00 to a $1000,00 a month for a 1 bedroom apt plus heat and hydro. Alot of people use the soup kitchens and food banks
People up here have wood stoves, but even a core of wood is very expensive unless you go out and cut your own which some people have done just better not do it on crowned land.
I have been well looked after Pad my children help alot.
What really hit alot of retired folks after saving for years so they could have a comfortable retirement the government decided to tax their RRSP, in a sense they stole their life savings. It added up to thousands of dollars that was a bitter pill to swallow.
Then they gave themselves a big pay rise.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics have a unique belief in this because, unlike all other Christian sects, we didn't read about it, then form our faith. You guys read our bible, then formed your faith, based on the interpretations you came up with.
But Catholics partook in the Eucharist and Holy Mass because it was demonstrated to us. That's a huge difference 4gvn.
The Apostles didn't hand out their writings and instruct everyone to 'come up with a faith you can design'.
That's why its so important if you're a Christian, to learn about the Apostolic fathers.(if you absolutely despise the CC, surely you'd agree that Catholicism is correct- just based on the writings of the first Christians and how their beliefs are in line with the Catholic Church 2013.
JEOPARDY QUESTION.......for %500

Who on the topix forum said they were leaving and never coming back. Answer: WHO IS CLAY.......correct Michael for $500. Pick another category.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of pissing-off God, the RCC has used Mary like a Mexican Drug gang uses pit bulls.
"to save souls .... devotion to my sacred Heart," or 50,000,000 (vast majority non-Catholics) dead in WW2....
Shameful... Here is an exact quote from the RCC's version of Mary:
"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."
Lie #1... This secret was release AFTER Pius was already Pope.
Lie #2... This secret was released only a few months after Hitler had invaded Russia (with Italian troops along side) and followed with --
"If my requests are heeded, Russia will be converted, and there will be peace;"
Lie #3... who cares if Russian civilians would be murdered, this obviously pleased Mussolini and Hitler, and was intended to glorify the RCC when victory seemed assured.
Any self-respecting God who loved His mom would be outraged at the way the RCC uses her -- like a mini-god "to save souls."
The RCC is doomed to a slow but steady decline into irrelevancy, unless people like myself and Michael can wake up the faithful.
Wake up Clay.
lol Free..
replying to your last line "unless people like Michael and myself can wake up the faithful"

Is that what you think you're doing?

I'm sorry man, but becoming an ignorant brick wall doesn't do anything to advance your agenda.
You may think Catholics walk away from a debate with you because you 'won the argument'. But the fact is, we walk away because WE won the argument. Yes. We clearly provided a legitimate counter argument to you and exhausted all avenues of discussion. There is nothing more to discuss. Its not our fought you two are to stupid to see you been defeated.
Case in point: your Mary at Fatima thing you been talking about for over a year now has been fairly contested. You ignore it and march forward.

And if you think for a second, that I or any Catholic walks away from a discussion about child sexual abuse wit you or Michael, because you two clowns defeated us, is nothing short of hilarious!
You two are the biggest morons to ever log onto Topix. You're pretty much ruining this thread with non stop robotic posts about the same thing every day. You have serious psychological issues, and its out on the table for all of the internet world to see.
So, go ahead and think you're on some weird mission with Michael, it only adds to the comical display of ignorance.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Awe I see, I know where the confusion lies. Hold on to that thought. I can only take one question at a time. I will get to you on that one. Its diffifult to reason while at work. Be patient with me.
At work or getting confused. Its hard to dispute the truth isn't it.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
JEOPARDY QUESTION.......for %500
Who on the topix forum said they were leaving and never coming back. Answer: WHO IS CLAY.......correct Michael for $500. Pick another category.
$1,000 dollar question:

who on this Topix forum embarrasses themselves everyday with repeated 'news stories' from the viral world... trying to pass it off as fact?

Michael.

Yes mike, I came back for a few posts. But due to a couple unrelenting idiots, this forum is ruined. It used to an an engaging debate about theology.
Now its a participation in you and frees psychological issues. For that, I don't feel good about it.
I suppose after the first twenty child sexual abuse posts from you two today, I'll log off. Then of course, you morons will think you won the argument. lol
It reminds me of the arguments I had with my sister when I was kids. She would just repeat 'I know you are, but what am I. I know you are, but what am i". Of course, I walked away, and she thought she won the argument. lol That's Mike and Free right there.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Free MInd wrote:
Attention Roman Catholics...
Only creeps have anything to do with using diplomatic immunity to avoid accountability and restitution for the widespread rape of Orphans.
Stop being creeps now!!!!!!!!!!
Creeps!
The "buck stops with you" Free Mind when it comes to "stop being a creep"! Your "absurd" anti-catholic "creepish" (made-up) attacks on the Catholic Church, continues to show how "desperate" you and other bible only Protestants are when it comes to "making things up" to fit your hate, aversion, and hostility against Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church..... You've been reading (way to many) "fictitious (National Inquirer-type) anti-catholic articles that (only) support the "nonsense" that continues to (label) your (clown) comments "a joke"!!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
No he isn't lying.
I remember them asking me to give a quarter for them when they came to my house UNINVITED back in the 70's.
The man argued with me about Jesus' return and I got my Bible and told him to open his and when I used God's Holy Word to prove what I said,he left.
They might not ask for money now,but back then they did.
Do you still have to keep records of the houses that you go to and send them to the governing body?
Can you tell me what was the point in that?
Don't you know that a child of God can tell people the Gospel message without a governing body that tells you what to say?
You should be able to explain your belief without relying on the watchtower sources.
So far,every JW's that I have ever conversed with, copy and paste the watchtower teachings when they answer my questions.
I am not relying on what ex JW's say.
I am relying on what the JW's do.
I live in Canada and they asked me for a donation also.
they don't come here any more, I told the lady I was born again.
And JW was a cult, she got very mad at me.
Dear

Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Orthodox is the only true church!!!
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Free..
replying to your last line "unless people like Michael and myself can wake up the faithful"
Is that what you think you're doing?
I'm sorry man, but becoming an ignorant brick wall doesn't do anything to advance your agenda.
You may think Catholics walk away from a debate with you because you 'won the argument'. But the fact is, we walk away because WE won the argument. Yes. We clearly provided a legitimate counter argument to you and exhausted all avenues of discussion. There is nothing more to discuss. Its not our fought you two are to stupid to see you been defeated.
Case in point: your Mary at Fatima thing you been talking about for over a year now has been fairly contested. You ignore it and march forward.
And if you think for a second, that I or any Catholic walks away from a discussion about child sexual abuse wit you or Michael, because you two clowns defeated us, is nothing short of hilarious!
You two are the biggest morons to ever log onto Topix. You're pretty much ruining this thread with non stop robotic posts about the same thing every day. You have serious psychological issues, and its out on the table for all of the internet world to see.
So, go ahead and think you're on some weird mission with Michael, it only adds to the comical display of ignorance.
Bless you Clay, I am here for you.

Speaking of "debate," let's do so -- but this time, try to stay on topic instead of making personal attacks.

Using personal attacks IS INDEED running away and avoiding the point.

Personal attacks DO MAKE IT APPEAR that you cannot refute and have lost the debate.

So obviously you can't respond to the RCC's shameful use of Mary as a pit bull -- oops, not official church teaching -- sorry I forgot.

OK, please defend the RCC's use of Diplomatic Immunity in order to avoid accountability in the rape of deaf children and orphans.

Why would any Church, especially the RCC have a need reason use Diplomatic Immunity in such a manner?

Why do you believe that this is moral and something Jesus would condone?

Direct question -- I say it is immoral, shameful, and makes the Vatican looks guilty as heck. Most of humanity agrees with me.

Here's your chance to man-up. Why are we wrong?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Just your opinion.
What do you think will be the rol of the cc during tribulation time?
I don't make a habit of speculating, predicting or foretelling the future!!...... Why don't you just "make something up" like most bible only Protestants do on this forum!!!
Dear

Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Italian pope (money sucker pope) tried to colonized African Orthodox but we won them with the help of God. Orthodox is the real church in this Globe. We don`t worry about money but we prey peace to all people of the world.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>she seems to think that Israel is not fit to Hear and receive the Gospel, when the Bible is clear that God someday will move again on Israel and they will accept Jesus as their Savior.
and then the JW's will find themselves on the outside looking in, lost without this ONE they call a god
Aviela chooses verses to make a point, which if one didn't know the bible would be confusing.
Her stating she is at work in my opinion is going to her little black book to get the answers to the questions you asked her Preston. They are brain washed that way.

{You know if any of you are asked this question the answer is in your little book you are to answer them with whatever it says LOL}
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The "buck stops with you" Free Mind when it comes to "stop being a creep"! Your "absurd" anti-catholic "creepish" (made-up) attacks on the Catholic Church, continues to show how "desperate" you and other bible only Protestants are when it comes to "making things up" to fit your hate, aversion, and hostility against Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church..... You've been reading (way to many) "fictitious (National Inquirer-type) anti-catholic articles that (only) support the "nonsense" that continues to (label) your (clown) comments "a joke"!!
I didn't make up, anything, that's why you are so angry.

The RCC has used diplomatic immunity several times during the latest worldwide sex abuse scandal.

You KNOW that is 100% true, but you can't even admit this well known fact.

No number of news links will stop your denial. When faith requires such obvious lies and denial, then something is wrong with that faith.

FACT -- Only creeps have anything to do with using diplomatic immunity to avoid accountability and restitution for the widespread rape of Orphans.

Hojo, this is what your faith has made you become.

Yes, a creepy little man who stands against deaf children and orphans -- who have been raped and only ask for justice.

I am proud to stand with those victims against Catholic creeps.

I am proud that my words are here for all to see.

I am proud to the called names by creeps who don't want justice for thousands of deaf children and orphans who were raped for decades.

Thank you.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text>
Sit down and open your can of PePsI. Open your Bible and read this scripture Galatians. 3: 26-29: "You are all, in fact, sons of God through your faith in Christ Jesus....There is neitherJew, nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one person in union with Christ Jesus. Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham's seed, heirs with reference to a promise.
What do you get out of this? Put your head between your hands and think about for 10 min.
Before giving the one verse out of a whole chapter go read the whole chapter and see what that is exactly talking about.
Then come back and explain it to us. ok
JW are a confused bunch hate is a bad word I don't like it.
Who was the founder of your religion may I ask.
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Question -- When is diplomatic immunity immoral and disgusting?

Answer -- When it is used by any state or organization in order to avoid justice for thousands of deaf and orphaned young rape victims.

Question -- what is even worse than that?

Answer -- when diplomatic immunity is used by a church of God claiming "perfect teachings on morals" - against deaf and orphaned rape victims.

True -- some creeps defend this use.

Creepy.
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Dear wrote:
Orthodox is the only true church!!!
Does the Orthodox Church have a bank and diplomatic immunity?

Nope.

Sorry, that's the new 21st century standard for "true church."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 399,741 - 399,760 of530,167
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

371 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min nanoanomaly 716,749
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 18 min ocxz 114,648
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Aura Mytha 598,774
Being Gay is not wrong! (Mar '07) 1 hr andet1987 168
Why America is a beautiful nation 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Hijacked jumbo jets in exchange for the sins of... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr maro 457
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr WildWeirdWillie 171,459
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 255,732