Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589308 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#414908 Jan 12, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
Attention Roman Catholics...
Only creeps have anything to do with using diplomatic immunity to avoid accountability and restitution for the widespread rape of Orphans.
Stop being creeps now!!!!!!!!!!
Creeps!
The "buck stops with you" Free Mind when it comes to "stop being a creep"! Your "absurd" anti-catholic "creepish" (made-up) attacks on the Catholic Church, continues to show how "desperate" you and other bible only Protestants are when it comes to "making things up" to fit your hate, aversion, and hostility against Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church..... You've been reading (way to many) "fictitious (National Inquirer-type) anti-catholic articles that (only) support the "nonsense" that continues to (label) your (clown) comments "a joke"!!
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#414909 Jan 12, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
No he isn't lying.
I remember them asking me to give a quarter for them when they came to my house UNINVITED back in the 70's.
The man argued with me about Jesus' return and I got my Bible and told him to open his and when I used God's Holy Word to prove what I said,he left.
They might not ask for money now,but back then they did.
Do you still have to keep records of the houses that you go to and send them to the governing body?
Can you tell me what was the point in that?
Don't you know that a child of God can tell people the Gospel message without a governing body that tells you what to say?
You should be able to explain your belief without relying on the watchtower sources.
So far,every JW's that I have ever conversed with, copy and paste the watchtower teachings when they answer my questions.
I am not relying on what ex JW's say.
I am relying on what the JW's do.
I live in Canada and they asked me for a donation also.
they don't come here any more, I told the lady I was born again.
And JW was a cult, she got very mad at me.
Dear

Ethiopia

#414910 Jan 12, 2013
Orthodox is the only true church!!!
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414911 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Free..
replying to your last line "unless people like Michael and myself can wake up the faithful"
Is that what you think you're doing?
I'm sorry man, but becoming an ignorant brick wall doesn't do anything to advance your agenda.
You may think Catholics walk away from a debate with you because you 'won the argument'. But the fact is, we walk away because WE won the argument. Yes. We clearly provided a legitimate counter argument to you and exhausted all avenues of discussion. There is nothing more to discuss. Its not our fought you two are to stupid to see you been defeated.
Case in point: your Mary at Fatima thing you been talking about for over a year now has been fairly contested. You ignore it and march forward.
And if you think for a second, that I or any Catholic walks away from a discussion about child sexual abuse wit you or Michael, because you two clowns defeated us, is nothing short of hilarious!
You two are the biggest morons to ever log onto Topix. You're pretty much ruining this thread with non stop robotic posts about the same thing every day. You have serious psychological issues, and its out on the table for all of the internet world to see.
So, go ahead and think you're on some weird mission with Michael, it only adds to the comical display of ignorance.
Bless you Clay, I am here for you.

Speaking of "debate," let's do so -- but this time, try to stay on topic instead of making personal attacks.

Using personal attacks IS INDEED running away and avoiding the point.

Personal attacks DO MAKE IT APPEAR that you cannot refute and have lost the debate.

So obviously you can't respond to the RCC's shameful use of Mary as a pit bull -- oops, not official church teaching -- sorry I forgot.

OK, please defend the RCC's use of Diplomatic Immunity in order to avoid accountability in the rape of deaf children and orphans.

Why would any Church, especially the RCC have a need reason use Diplomatic Immunity in such a manner?

Why do you believe that this is moral and something Jesus would condone?

Direct question -- I say it is immoral, shameful, and makes the Vatican looks guilty as heck. Most of humanity agrees with me.

Here's your chance to man-up. Why are we wrong?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#414912 Jan 12, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Just your opinion.
What do you think will be the rol of the cc during tribulation time?
I don't make a habit of speculating, predicting or foretelling the future!!...... Why don't you just "make something up" like most bible only Protestants do on this forum!!!
Dear

Ethiopia

#414913 Jan 12, 2013
Italian pope (money sucker pope) tried to colonized African Orthodox but we won them with the help of God. Orthodox is the real church in this Globe. We don`t worry about money but we prey peace to all people of the world.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#414914 Jan 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>she seems to think that Israel is not fit to Hear and receive the Gospel, when the Bible is clear that God someday will move again on Israel and they will accept Jesus as their Savior.
and then the JW's will find themselves on the outside looking in, lost without this ONE they call a god
Aviela chooses verses to make a point, which if one didn't know the bible would be confusing.
Her stating she is at work in my opinion is going to her little black book to get the answers to the questions you asked her Preston. They are brain washed that way.

{You know if any of you are asked this question the answer is in your little book you are to answer them with whatever it says LOL}
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414915 Jan 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The "buck stops with you" Free Mind when it comes to "stop being a creep"! Your "absurd" anti-catholic "creepish" (made-up) attacks on the Catholic Church, continues to show how "desperate" you and other bible only Protestants are when it comes to "making things up" to fit your hate, aversion, and hostility against Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church..... You've been reading (way to many) "fictitious (National Inquirer-type) anti-catholic articles that (only) support the "nonsense" that continues to (label) your (clown) comments "a joke"!!
I didn't make up, anything, that's why you are so angry.

The RCC has used diplomatic immunity several times during the latest worldwide sex abuse scandal.

You KNOW that is 100% true, but you can't even admit this well known fact.

No number of news links will stop your denial. When faith requires such obvious lies and denial, then something is wrong with that faith.

FACT -- Only creeps have anything to do with using diplomatic immunity to avoid accountability and restitution for the widespread rape of Orphans.

Hojo, this is what your faith has made you become.

Yes, a creepy little man who stands against deaf children and orphans -- who have been raped and only ask for justice.

I am proud to stand with those victims against Catholic creeps.

I am proud that my words are here for all to see.

I am proud to the called names by creeps who don't want justice for thousands of deaf children and orphans who were raped for decades.

Thank you.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#414916 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text>
Sit down and open your can of PePsI. Open your Bible and read this scripture Galatians. 3: 26-29: "You are all, in fact, sons of God through your faith in Christ Jesus....There is neitherJew, nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one person in union with Christ Jesus. Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham's seed, heirs with reference to a promise.
What do you get out of this? Put your head between your hands and think about for 10 min.
Before giving the one verse out of a whole chapter go read the whole chapter and see what that is exactly talking about.
Then come back and explain it to us. ok
JW are a confused bunch hate is a bad word I don't like it.
Who was the founder of your religion may I ask.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414917 Jan 12, 2013
Question -- When is diplomatic immunity immoral and disgusting?

Answer -- When it is used by any state or organization in order to avoid justice for thousands of deaf and orphaned young rape victims.

Question -- what is even worse than that?

Answer -- when diplomatic immunity is used by a church of God claiming "perfect teachings on morals" - against deaf and orphaned rape victims.

True -- some creeps defend this use.

Creepy.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414918 Jan 12, 2013
Dear wrote:
Orthodox is the only true church!!!
Does the Orthodox Church have a bank and diplomatic immunity?

Nope.

Sorry, that's the new 21st century standard for "true church."
Pad

Rockford, IL

#414919 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Well of course she felt uncomfortable. I mean its not like you know who you're praying too. You probably pray to the trinity god.You do know the trinity belief came from the pagans don't you?
And you have settled for being in the same par with the Muslims,Hindus,and every other religion that believes Jesus is a Prophet,a good man,a godly man,a cosmic man,a messenger sent by God(Allah,Krishna,and whoever else).You have settled for one man that started the JW movement from Britain first,Rutherford,and of course Russel as well,who your organization was once called ((Russelites).

He changed the Scriptures to suit his theory that Jesus is a lesser god,read it for yourself in JOHN chapter One. Aviela, you were once a RC?

When I see Jehovah Witnesses,I see an organization that follows after those two men who started and furthered the LIE,that God(Jehovah) is no different from the Allah of Islam.Jesus is a super hero or star for your group.

I have never met a Jehovah Witness who could explain the Virgin Birth,nor could even attempt to explain how Jesus is just a superhero with no father.

Aviela,it is one thing to believe that JESUS is Unique,but it is another to KNOW that He is the SON of G o d,Son of Jehovah,Son of Elohim,Son of the God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob.He is the Son that is the only Begotten of the Father in glory(This day I have begotten Thee) as stated in the Psalms.

Why settle for a superhero when you can have the SON who is worshiped by the Angels,glorified by His own Father?

Why settle for being one with the Muslims,and all those who deny the Deity of the Christ,Who was,and IS and IS to Come?

Explain to us Aviela WHO and W H A T Jesus is,and don't forget the Virgin Birth,the becoming human and having flesh and bones? Don't forget John the Apostle's warning that if we do not believe Jesus came in the flesh we are anti[-Christ.What does that mean? I noticed that you never replied to my other posts to you.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414920 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
$1,000 dollar question:
who on this Topix forum embarrasses themselves everyday with repeated 'news stories' from the viral world... trying to pass it off as fact?
Michael.
Yes mike, I came back for a few posts. But due to a couple unrelenting idiots, this forum is ruined. It used to an an engaging debate about theology.
Now its a participation in you and frees psychological issues. For that, I don't feel good about it.
I suppose after the first twenty child sexual abuse posts from you two today, I'll log off. Then of course, you morons will think you won the argument. lol
It reminds me of the arguments I had with my sister when I was kids. She would just repeat 'I know you are, but what am I. I know you are, but what am i". Of course, I walked away, and she thought she won the argument. lol That's Mike and Free right there.
Links to news stories you can't refute, so you call names.

If the stories were not true, they wouldn't bother you so much.

We are here for you Clay.

Yes, we post the truth and one day, the truth will set you free -- free from having to stand against orphan rape victims. Wouldn't that be nice to be on the side of morality!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414921 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
$1,000 dollar question:
who on this Topix forum embarrasses themselves everyday with repeated 'news stories' from the viral world... trying to pass it off as fact?
Michael.
Yes mike, I came back for a few posts. But due to a couple unrelenting idiots, this forum is ruined. It used to an an engaging debate about theology.
Now its a participation in you and frees psychological issues. For that, I don't feel good about it.
I suppose after the first twenty child sexual abuse posts from you two today, I'll log off. Then of course, you morons will think you won the argument. lol
It reminds me of the arguments I had with my sister when I was kids. She would just repeat 'I know you are, but what am I. I know you are, but what am i". Of course, I walked away, and she thought she won the argument. lol That's Mike and Free right there.
No Clay, its about those that agree with you and those that don't. When someone has a different opinion you stomp off in a hissy fit, and declare you are not coming back.

I hope you learned your lesson while your tears dried up. Any more outbursts of anger and your time out will be two weeks in your room, and your computer will locked down.

Its not a catholic world, its a world of millions of opinions, and yours is no more important than anyone elses.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#414922 Jan 12, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless you Clay, I am here for you.
Speaking of "debate," let's do so -- but this time, try to stay on topic instead of making personal attacks.
Using personal attacks IS INDEED running away and avoiding the point.
Personal attacks DO MAKE IT APPEAR that you cannot refute and have lost the debate.
So obviously you can't respond to the RCC's shameful use of Mary as a pit bull -- oops, not official church teaching -- sorry I forgot.
OK, please defend the RCC's use of Diplomatic Immunity in order to avoid accountability in the rape of deaf children and orphans.
Why would any Church, especially the RCC have a need reason use Diplomatic Immunity in such a manner?
Why do you believe that this is moral and something Jesus would condone?
Direct question -- I say it is immoral, shameful, and makes the Vatican looks guilty as heck. Most of humanity agrees with me.
Here's your chance to man-up. Why are we wrong?
I have no clue what you're talking about. Really, Free. I have on clue.

Could you answer my question: Why do you care so much about the Catholic Church and her teachings? No ones forcing you to an Catholic..

How come you don't go after Mormonism, they also think they are the true church?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414923 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Free..
replying to your last line "unless people like Michael and myself can wake up the faithful"
Is that what you think you're doing?
I'm sorry man, but becoming an ignorant brick wall doesn't do anything to advance your agenda.
You may think Catholics walk away from a debate with you because you 'won the argument'. But the fact is, we walk away because WE won the argument. Yes. We clearly provided a legitimate counter argument to you and exhausted all avenues of discussion. There is nothing more to discuss. Its not our fought you two are to stupid to see you been defeated.
Case in point: your Mary at Fatima thing you been talking about for over a year now has been fairly contested. You ignore it and march forward.
And if you think for a second, that I or any Catholic walks away from a discussion about child sexual abuse wit you or Michael, because you two clowns defeated us, is nothing short of hilarious!
You two are the biggest morons to ever log onto Topix. You're pretty much ruining this thread with non stop robotic posts about the same thing every day. You have serious psychological issues, and its out on the table for all of the internet world to see.
So, go ahead and think you're on some weird mission with Michael, it only adds to the comical display of ignorance.
When you left we all threw a party. Things were great for a few days.

We knew you were lurking, and we knew you would be back to do what you do best!, insult anyone non-catholic.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414924 Jan 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
And all stories written outside the bible by writers or historians, you won't see anything about a Jesus son of God at ALL!.
something is terribly wrong!
Hello Michael!(Waves)
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414925 Jan 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
No Clay, its about those that agree with you and those that don't. When someone has a different opinion you stomp off in a hissy fit, and declare you are not coming back.
I hope you learned your lesson while your tears dried up. Any more outbursts of anger and your time out will be two weeks in your room, and your computer will locked down.
Its not a catholic world, its a world of millions of opinions, and yours is no more important than anyone elses.
I think I'm the only non CAtholic here. I think outside the box. I'm not the popular chick in town..hehe

While they think I'm going to hell for drinking wine. I enjoy my *Moscato* every once in a while:oD
truth

Perth, Australia

#414926 Jan 12, 2013
long time ago in matrix is evil..
now
you are against me
against my people too
confidential talk and conspiracy which i know for that..you can't hide nothing at all.

no they don't liked real god..all of them is long time ago against real creator..
they sending false prophets as they are false long time ago..
truth

Perth, Australia

#414927 Jan 12, 2013
your law is not my law
psalm 22 will tell you about liars

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 836,982
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 16 min dollarsbill 4,066
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 18 min Paul Porter1 70,193
BBM pins Toronto (Mar '12) 37 min cal 81
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min Freebird USA 271,261
Protecting Our Choices 1 hr Infinite Force 7
Mark Fuhrman PLANTED the glove @ Simpson's estate 2 hr Philly JD 5
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Clearwater 176,746
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 hr Naveen kumar 7,154
More from around the web