Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

United States

#414867 Jan 12, 2013
*died

Doctors did not know to test for HIV when that particular virus morphed and became transmittable to humans. Consequently many *dies horrible and painful deaths.

United States

#414868 Jan 12, 2013
If I remember correctly there were quite a few priests that have suffered and died from aids ...

yep just googled

got this:

http://www.actupny.org/YELL/catholicpriests.h...

United States

#414869 Jan 12, 2013
According to Discover:

16% of Cancers Are Caused by Viruses or Bacteria

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/201...

16% seems like a very 'definite' number ... but my intuition tells me this number probably is not absolute.

United States

#414870 Jan 12, 2013
more on priests with AIDS;

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story...
truth

Perth, Australia

#414871 Jan 12, 2013
others people too
asked corupt medical system did partner or wife or husbund or child need know about any deaseasse..asked corupt leaders lawyers judges asked

Since: Nov 08

usa

#414872 Jan 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
quote from you"AUTHENTICATED AND "VERIFIED" One True Apostolic Catholic Church..........JETHRO:show me where in the bible or any scripture where it is "verified" that the catholic church is as you put it "the bride of christ" again the question remains "why would a jewish man build a true holy church based on christian/pagan beliefs/traditions in a country that ransacked his country,forced his people who were raped and brutalized and bound into slavery by this empire,and also were responsible for his crucifiction?? the logic is not there,you are being b.s'd. big time and you don't even realize it.Ifeel sorry for you.

usa

#414873 Jan 12, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
Infallible Catholic Church Teaching #63...
It is moral and correct to use the power of "Holy diplomatic immunity" to avoid accountability in the abuse of children at schools for the deaf
1... It was probably the deaf children's fault.
2... It was "just a few sinners here and there."
3... It really has nothing to do with THE Church.
Holy diplomatic immunity is a good thing when used against the deaf.
Amen
NO.

usa

#414874 Jan 12, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
From the Article of this Board.......
"It says although Orthodox churches are true churches, they are defective because they do not have diplomatic immunity."
The document adds that Protestant denominations called Christian Communities born out of the Reformation are not true churches, but ecclesial communities.
"These ecclesial communities which, specifically because of the absence of diplomatic immunity cannot, according to Catholic doctrine, be called 'churches' in the proper sense," it said.
i could be wrong but isn't it stated that the catholic church calls these other churches inferior because they do not reconize the papal chair as being holy??
truth

Perth, Australia

#414875 Jan 12, 2013
why you think in tample is god what yew make..

act 17;25
25 is very nice number
life and breath

majko
mjesecima sam pocivala u tebi
sa svim svojim osjetilima
rasla i razvijala se u tebi
spoznala si tajanstvo sto se zove zivot

tko ti je dao zivot

a nkh

plac malog djeteta djecica 1;14
truth

Perth, Australia

#414876 Jan 12, 2013
only evil people claim what is not belong to them..posesor or deciver is not Creator it is as thief.

usa

#414877 Jan 12, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
fred new friend
Your question of "Why no one sees they changed his name and made him a god?" Is a bit cryptic....But the way you write, it seems you are asking the question, Why did they change the name of God?
There are three answers....
First God is not contained in letters that human beings write. Letters are for language, and language is conceptual. Therefore the translation of language is upon concepts. God is not a concept, or a munfufactured idea(concept) of man. Another way to see this is if one called God is ABC, or CBA, does it matter? No, because neither is God.
Secondly, language is an expression, and thus artistic. And therefore one cannot artistically capture God. Rather one can only describe God with symbols.
Thirdly, God is Spirit. And Spirit can act upon Creation, but Spirit is outside of Creation, and is therefore indescribable.
I hope that answered your question....
quote"God is not a concept, or a munfufactured idea(concept) of man."unquote unless you can show undeniable proof that the one god theory is true,he is a concept of mans.you have nothing to verify the stories in the bible and the books left out are factual,if you read history dating farther back than 2000 yrs. ago you'll find the same stories written by learned people,the most common one is the great flood story,stories of this nature go back before man created the alphabet,there are numerous drawings on cave walls in europe,south america,ireland,scotland and asia. the bible is a concept created by a group of people that emporer constantine put together to create a religion that the christians and paganists of rome could live with,that is how the concept of catholocism was born,it is of mans imagination,not a creation of a single god,if it were it would date back further than 2,000 yrs. considering how long the earth has been around,2,000 yrs is not that long ago.the earth is billions of years old and a god created man a few centuries ago? i believe we were aledgedly created somewhere between 6,000 to 10,000 yrs ago? the time depends on who you talk to,religious group that is.and christianity is a baby compared to other religions.

usa

#414878 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> He died in body and was resurrected in spirit. I have to get back to you with more detailed info on that one. I'm at work.
Next question?:oD
here's your next question,how can anyone belong to a religious group that allows people to die needlessly because it is forbidden for a jehovah to have a blood transfussion which would save the persons life? two cases stand out in my mind that i read about in the newspaper because these cases ended up in court.a thirteen year old girl needed blood in order to survive an acident she had,her parents refused to allow the doctors to give her the blood she needed,the case went to court seeking an order from a judge to allow the girl to recieve the blood,unfortunately while the court battle was going on the girl died, for no reason other than a religious belief in a god that no one can prove exists.in the second case a woman in her 50's involved in a car accident lost a lot of blood needed a few pints in order to live her husband refused to let the doctors give the woman the blood,the woman's side of the family took the matter to court,to allow the dr's. to give the woman the blood and she would of survived,again due to the lengthy judicial process involed the woman died before the case could be settled. like i said a waiste of human life for no reason whatso ever. you may be a nice person, but your religion sucks.

usa

#414879 Jan 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
Are you a ex witness?
NO!!!
You wrote:
Where you ever baptized?
YES!!!
I have a question for you. did you have a choice about being baptized? and are you happy about that choice? remember despite the catholic church believes it's ok to lie (i say tis because they do it so much),it is a sin,so be honest.

usa

#414880 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> You make your religion look bad when you talk nasty. You're not representing Jesus at all.
it's part of catholic tradition to be nasty,haven't met a catholic yet that was not nasty.look at their history they are a blood thirsty religous cult,killed thousands in the name of god.

usa

#414881 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
I'll be back, gotta get my groove on to the *Bee Gees* on the radio...fever night fever night fever....hey!!
:oD
you like music (disco) that got it's start in underground gay dance clubs back in the 60's?? so you must think it's ok to be gay??(just curious)
Clay

Chicago, IL

#414882 Jan 12, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Act_15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
Act_15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
It says nothing about transfusions, which can save a life... Drinking blood or eating it is forbidden; not transfusions of blood.
Actually, you won't admit it, but she just proved you wrong by using scripture.
You and 4gvn are on the same team with Guest. But Guest doesn't agree with you...she agrees with Aviela.
Good news though....I just started my own religion and declared myself an authority on the Bible. Now I can prove all you wrong by showing Jesus Christ started a Church, not a book. The Bible arose within the Church and became 'a Bible' 70 yrs after Constantine died.

distorting historical fact is allot more difficult than distorting verse chapter verse of the Bible.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#414883 Jan 12, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>it's part of catholic tradition to be nasty,haven't met a catholic yet that was not nasty.look at their history they are a blood thirsty religous cult,killed thousands in the name of god.
Wow. You're such a bigot, you apply anti Catholic remarks when someone isn't even talking about them .
Aviela was speaking to Preston being 'nasty'.

usa

#414884 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I take it you think you're going to heaven with your potty mouth?
you don't know much about catholocism do you? you can do what ever you like,then get into a closet confess to another "man" and your transgressions will be forgiven, for a fee of course.this is why people like the catholic religion they made it so simple to get into heaven,and the sad part is people actually believe it,they better read the book of timothy"1timothy:2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" and think about it.they take great pride in saying they gave the world the bible yet they do not follow what is written in it,strange group.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#414885 Jan 12, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a question for you. did you have a choice about being baptized? and are you happy about that choice? remember despite the catholic church believes it's ok to lie (i say tis because they do it so much),it is a sin,so be honest.
When you go to the hospital next time for your treatment, remember to thank the Roman Catholic Church for the whole hospital concept.

The Church created the idea of a building constructed for the sole purpose of caring for the sick and dying.

Prior to this, people like you Jethro, were brought out to the wilderness and left to die, because people were so terrified about contacting whatever illness was affecting their loved ones.
It was hard to feel that way once they observed Catholic Priest and nuns caring for cancer victims until their last breath.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#414886 Jan 12, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you don't know much about catholocism do you? you can do what ever you like,then get into a closet confess to another "man" and your transgressions will be forgiven, for a fee of course.this is why people like the catholic religion they made it so simple to get into heaven,and the sad part is people actually believe it,they better read the book of timothy"1timothy:2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" and think about it.they take great pride in saying they gave the world the bible yet they do not follow what is written in it,strange group.
What's Catholicism have to do with her reply?

Jethro, you know so little about Catholicism. And when we try to show you, you just plug your ears and yell 'la la la'. I guess its better to not know the truth, otherwise you may have to change your thinking. Bigotry and ignorance go hand in hand. They need each other.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min 15th Dalai Lama 3,541
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Double Fine 828,620
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min ChristineM 442,876
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 43 min Commander Bunny 270,673
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr rdgupta 24
Japan should make an official and sincere apolo... 1 hr Hosaka Seiji 1
Gay sex in kanpur 1 hr shyam 20
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 98,992
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Ugly Truth from d... 611,869
More from around the web