Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
399,661 - 399,680 of 539,211 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414817 Jan 11, 2013
Correction:1 Cortinthians 10

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#414818 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela,

The Holy Spirit
Jehovah's Witnesses teach that the Holy Spirit is an active force like radar. They deny that He is alive and that He is a person. This is, of course, because they deny the Trinity. Yet, if the Holy Spirit is simply a force then...
Why is He called God (Acts 5:3-5)?
How is it that He can teach (John 14:26)?
How can He be blasphemed (Matt. 12:31,32)?
How can He be the one who comforts (Acts 9:31)?
How is it possible for Him to speak (Acts 28:25)?
How then can He be resisted (Acts 7:51)?
How can He be grieved (Eph. 4:30)?
How can He help us in our weaknesses (Rom. 8:26)?
If the Holy Spirit is a force, then how is it possible that the above mentioned characteristics are attributed to Him? A force doesn't speak, teach, comfort, etc.
Nor can you blaspheme against a force.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#414820 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Leviticus 17:10 Acts 15:29
In a hospital, when a patient cannot eat through his mouth he is fed intravenously. Now, would a person who never put blood into his mouth but who accepted blood by transfusion really be obeying the command to "Keep abstaining from blood ...blood"?(Acts 15:29) To use comparison, consider a man who is told by the doctor that he must abstain from alcohol. Would he be obedient if he quit drinking alcohol but had it put directly into his veins?
Now I'm not a doctor but I have never heard of a patient being fed blood intravenously because he/she is unable to eat.
Cowboy, your wife will probably be able to answer this one better than me.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#414821 Jan 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>how come I said this to soemone a few months ago and got all kinds of negies.lol
but it is true, unless a peson has been called to preach, they cant Preach.
however they can testify about Salvation, and many people have a great testimony and are able to share that with the unsaved and God Blesses it, so theya re great soul winners.
a person just cant tell how good God is without themselves knowing Him personally. I have never seen a walrus, so there is no way that I could ever tell people about one, except what I might have read about one, which isnt much.
I agree,they can testify about Salvation.
No doubt a lot of sinners have been led to the Lord through someones testimony.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#414822 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> What's bizzar this scripture? 1 Cortinthians 1 Now I exhort YOU, brothers through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you should all speak in agreement, and that there should be not be division* among YOU, but that you may fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.
No nothing bizarre about the verse, just your religion.
In agreement with each other is horizontal agreement.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#414823 Jan 11, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
NOTHING "proves over and over and over again."
That's why it's called "faith."
If you think you have "proof," then it's no longer faith.
Then it's called "delusion."
Jesus Christs (only) One True Apostolic Catholic Church has "historically and biblically" been "visibly evident"for over 2000 years and is supported and confirmed by undeniable "faith" "belief" and "confidence" in Jesus Christ, the Son of God (Matthew 16:13-21) manifested in an through His One True Church (which HE instituted and initiated) as "the Bride of Christ".

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#414824 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
In a hospital, when a patient cannot eat through his mouth he is fed intravenously. Now, would a person who never put blood into his mouth but who accepted blood by transfusion really be obeying the command to "Keep abstaining from blood ...blood"?(Acts 15:29) To use comparison, consider a man who is told by the doctor that he must abstain from alcohol. Would he be obedient if he quit drinking alcohol but had it put directly into his veins?
You are mistranslating Scripture.
To abstain from blood means to not EAT (ingest) it.
To abstain from alcohol means to not DRINK it....

There is nothing in God's word to indicate the transfusion of blood is prohibited. And AFAIC, if a JW parent refuses to allow their child to be transfused, they should be charged with attempted murder. If the child dies as a result of not having the transfusion, the parents should be charged with murder.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#414825 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I believe its in Leviticus..I'm in my car don't have a Bible at hand right now. Blood is considered sacred it belongs to God.
Act_15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
Act_15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

It says nothing about transfusions, which can save a life... Drinking blood or eating it is forbidden; not transfusions of blood.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#414826 Jan 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christs (only) One True Apostolic Catholic Church has "historically and biblically" been "visibly evident"for over 2000 years and is supported and confirmed by undeniable "faith" "belief" and "confidence" in Jesus Christ, the Son of God (Matthew 16:13-21) manifested in an through His One True Church (which HE instituted and initiated) as "the Bride of Christ".
Just your opinion.
What do you think will be the rol of the cc during tribulation time?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#414827 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
first a person is not fed intravenously. if they need fluids, they are given that way but sustegen is given through a tube to help your body meet its needs for macronutrients and essential vitamins and minerals.

therefore if you needed blood it would be given using your vein,and you would not "eat it".

and no doctor would place alcholol directly in a vein because that would cause it to collapse probably so i dont know why you would use that analogy.

your cult never takes that part of a verse in its original context, and it is a shame that your people have died because of stupidity.

in WW1, transfusions were first given and then mankind found out that what God had said years ago, was the truth.

there is life in the Blood, yet you people choose death over life, and that is Both spirtual and physical death.
truth

Perth, Australia

#414828 Jan 11, 2013
Yours God say;''don't lose yourself because of me''.
Very well your enemy will enjoyed..o yes i know how much they liked that.

Think before anything say or pray.
How many Masters you serve?
How many Lords you have?
How many Gods you have?

Did you know which one is right as well only God?

Don't lose your life in vain..o much more worse don't lose your soul in vain!

Location hidden

#414829 Jan 11, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
Aviela,
The Holy Spirit
Jehovah's Witnesses teach that the Holy Spirit is an active force like radar. They deny that He is alive and that He is a person. This is, of course, because they deny the Trinity. Yet, if the Holy Spirit is simply a force then...
Why is He called God (Acts 5:3-5)?
How is it that He can teach (John 14:26)?
How can He be blasphemed (Matt. 12:31,32)?
How can He be the one who comforts (Acts 9:31)?
How is it possible for Him to speak (Acts 28:25)?
How then can He be resisted (Acts 7:51)?
How can He be grieved (Eph. 4:30)?
How can He help us in our weaknesses (Rom. 8:26)?
If the Holy Spirit is a force, then how is it possible that the above mentioned characteristics are attributed to Him? A force doesn't speak, teach, comfort, etc.
Nor can you blaspheme against a force.
did you read her post about Jesus being Resurrected as a Spirit which contradicts the very words of Jesus Himself.

she knows what her cult teaches, but she doesnt know what the Bible teaches since she doesnt know Jesus
truth

Perth, Australia

#414830 Jan 11, 2013
Why victim and attacker some?

Did you know what your leader or Master prepare for you?

Pray Holy Spirit can revile.
God can listen prayers.
Last night my garage and left side hose stay under tremendous wind..only only only under 3x word blade of Jesus Christ Blade of Jesus Christ Blade of Jesus Christ..unwanted airplane evil spirit left place..i rest night in peace.

What you will do..under organize conspiracy from high level..did you going revile them name by name..o yes yes yes its will come they know who they are others will know to about set on evil ow-full way.

Are you for sure God not listen prayers.

God watching wicket some as well good .

Location hidden

#414831 Jan 11, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Act_15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
Act_15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
It says nothing about transfusions, which can save a life... Drinking blood or eating it is forbidden; not transfusions of blood.
I guess that I am in BIG TROUBLE since I like my rib eyes, very very rare.

went into a restaurant once and I told them just to step on it to make sure it was dead.

and that is just about what they did, and they gave it to me and they watched me out of the kitchen to see if i would eat it, and I could see them giggling, knowing I wouldnt eat it. well I did and I told them when i paid that it was just perfect.lol and it was.
fred

Piedmont, OK

#414832 Jan 11, 2013
I will not answer stupid questions.but The more I read this thread I see That it is true that only a few are called and chosen and their is none on here that is.you do not worship Yahweh you worship a man made god....till you get passed the name you will not gain understanding.so what do we have is everyone interpenetrating the scriptures in their own minds according to them.but you all lack understanding why??? because you do not reverence your heavenly father Yahweh just some man made god.shechhhhh
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414833 Jan 11, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
No nothing bizarre about the verse, just your religion.
In agreement with each other is horizontal agreement.
Its bizzar that we live up to this scripture and my brothers worldwide are in unity with me?..Ummm okay...allrighty then:oD
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414834 Jan 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I take it that you dont know anything about that place.
well it is mentioned around 80 times, give or take, and sometimes other names are used in that reference to that place
You do know what hell means right?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414835 Jan 11, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing in God's word to indicate the transfusion of blood is prohibited. And AFAIC, if a JW parent refuses to allow their child to be transfused, they should be charged with attempted murder. If the child dies as a result of not having the transfusion, the parents should be charged with murder.
We give our children the best medical care without blood. If you abort a baby you should do prison time.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414836 Jan 11, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
If you choose to accept someone elses' blood by all means go ahead. I'm not trying to stop you. Its your body and your right.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#414837 Jan 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>first a person is not fed intravenously. if they need fluids, they are given that way but sustegen is given through a tube to help your body meet its needs for macronutrients and essential vitamins and minerals.
therefore if you needed blood it would be given using your vein,and you would not "eat it".
and no doctor would place alcholol directly in a vein because that would cause it to collapse probably so i dont know why you would use that analogy.
your cult never takes that part of a verse in its original context, and it is a shame that your people have died because of stupidity.
in WW1, transfusions were first given and then mankind found out that what God had said years ago, was the truth.
there is life in the Blood, yet you people choose death over life, and that is Both spirtual and physical death.
Thanks the medical field is not my expertise.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min River Tam 733,229
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Dr_Zorderz 258,084
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min Seraphima 600,016
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 15 min Classic 1,768
Good bye Michael Sam 30 min Doctor REALITY 11
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min bad bob 173,285
Last Word + 2 32 min Bev Jamison 540
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 33 min Aquarius-WY 2,462
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 41 min CunningLinguist 226,391
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••