Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,970)

Showing posts 399,381 - 399,400 of529,767
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...
Jeopardy question: Towns in america for $1,000

Who is the only person in the entire USA who claims to live in 4 different towns in NJ at the same time? 1)lakewood NJ, 2)Paterson NJ, 3)Clarence NJ, 4) E.Rutherford NJ......Answer: Who is REGINA A......CORRECT .. Michael!!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeopardy question:
Who is the only catholic on this forum who claims there are 42,001 different christian beliefs, yet can't name more than a few of them himself? Answer: Who is HOJO......correct!
LOL It started at 40,000 he keeps adding to the number.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>you wrote{Just because Protestants twist what is said does not make it true}\\I NEVER TWISTED ANYTHING.
REGGIE SAID THAT JESUS NEVER TOLD ANYONE TO WRITE SOMETHING DOWN. AND THAT IS SOMETHING THAT MOST OF YOU CATHOLICS HAVE SAID TIME AND TIME AGAIN ON THIS FORUM AND IT IS NOT TRUE.
AND I POSTED ONE VERSE INDICATING OTHERWISE.
LET GOD BE TRUE.
Amen
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

look at these different answers from this link.
Resolved QuestionShow me another »
Christians: why do Catholics believe Jesus doesn't tell us to consult scripture for the truth?
I was talking with a catholic who told me that Jesus did not tell us to consult scripture for the truth. They also said Jesus never told anyone to write the Bible and says the Catholic Church is the pillar and foundation of truth not the Bible.
Why does the catholics not believe the Bible is from God?
1 year ago Report Abuse
by Alpha and Omega Member since:
October 15, 2010
Total points:
10,789 (Level 6)
Add Contact
Block
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Roman Catholics believe that only the "infallible" Pope has the power to interpret Scripture and for many centuries the Catholic would not have been allowed to have, never mind read Bible texts. Now its different and they can have a Roman Catholic acceptable version of the Bible but they are forbidden to try to interpret it? I am a Christian but I have many relatives who have converted to Roman Catholicism and they just don't read their bibles in order to discover truth from themselves.
(A Protestant Christian)
1 year ago Report Abuse 1 Rating: Good Answer 11 Rating: Bad Answer
Asker's Rating: Asker's Comment: Very true. Catholics really do not like the Word of God.
0 stars - mark this as Interesting! Who found this interesting?
Be the first person to mark this question as interesting!
Email
Comment (1)
Save
Add to private Watchlist
Add to My Yahoo!
Add to Del.icio.us
RSS
&#3232;__&#3232; Saying that "Catholics don't like the Word of God" is like saying "Merriam-Webster really doesn't like the dictionary".
Go peddle your ignorance, bigotry, and hypocrisy somewhere else, please.
Report Abuse
Add a comment
Check Spelling
Other Answers (17)
by Harold Member since:
June 24, 2009
Total points:
1,326 (Level 3)
Add Contact
Block
12 years of Catholic school, and I've never ever heard any of this. On the contray, you are taught the Bible is the Word of God and you are given heavy dosage of Scripture daily and are ecourage to read it.
In fact, I recall one of the nuns I had for a teacher would say that if you need to consult God for whatever reason, open a Bible to a random page and start reading and you will get your answer. And this works.
So whether you are sincere or you are trolling, your assumptions are not correct.
Edited 1 year ago Report Abuse 8 Rating: Good Answer 1 Rating: Bad Answer by Max, OFS United -Year of Faith Member since:
March 17, 2006
Total points:
24,451 (Level 6)
Add Contact
Block
Either you're a liar, or the person you spoke to, who calls themselves Catholic, is a liar. Or perhaps just ignorant.
The Catholic Church does not believe this, and certainly doesn't teach this.
<<Christians: why do Catholics believe Jesus doesn't tell us to consult scripture for the truth?>>
Catholicism does NOT teach Catholics to 'not' consult Scripture.
<<I was talking <snip> for the truth.>>
Okay. So some Catholic "on the street" told you something. So?
Why are you acting as if this one nameless faceless person is the pope or something?
Your anti-Catholic agenda betrays you.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
ONE THING IS COMMON THO, THEY ALL HAVE BEEN TAUGHT TO SPEAK THAT JESUS NEVER TOLD ANY ONE TO WRITE ANYTHING DOWN.
THAT IS GALLING TO SAY THE LEAST, AND IS VERY SIMILIAR TO WHAT JW'S SAY.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
read this link, they(catholics) have all been programmed to say the same thing and then deny it is taught by their church.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

I had to snip many responses since it went over 4000 spaces. but look at this lie.

Either he's wrong, or you've gravely misinterpreted him.
Catholics believe that scripture is a pillar and foundation of truth, but not THE Pillar and foundation.

We believe that the bible is from God, all Catholics should know that.

Plus the {Church is older than the bible anyway.}ME; BUT NOT THE RCC, WHICH SPILT FROM THE EARLY BORN AGAIN CHURCH, WHICH IS FROM THE BEGINNING

Also, if you would be so kind as to show me the verses that say that Jesus said to write the bible and the verses that promote Sola Scriptura.
Source(s):
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

lets examine this more closely and look at the fisrt statement and we see that it is a lie.

1. Please do give me the verse that Jesus tells us to consult Scripture. While He certainly quotes Scripture and we do as well, He never commands us to.ME; OF COURSE HE DID, FOR HE SAID, Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.JOHN 5:39

2. We do believe the Bible is from God--but it is not the sole authority of faith.ME; THEN WHAT IS? IT IS LOGOS, THE WORD. JESUS HIMSELF. IS THERE A HIGHER AUTHORITY? OF COURSE NOT!

3. The Bible does state that the Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15)ME; BUT NOT THE RCC WHICH WAS NOT IN EXISTANCE WHEN JESUS LIVED OR DIED

4. Jesus never did tell anyone to write the Bible, He told them to preach. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, THIS STATEMENT IS COMPLETELY A LIE.

5. The Bible never says it is the sole authority, or the pillar and foundation of Truth or anything else.IT SAYS THAT GOD IS, AND JESUS IS GOD HENCE THE WORD AKA THE BIBLE.

6. The Bible doesn't tell you which books belong in the Bible, it is an extra-biblical source that says which books belong in the Bible.ME WRONG, THE BOOKS OF THE BIBLE WERE WRITTEN AS THE HOLY GHOST DIRECTED AND CHOSEN BY HIM

7. I recommend you read John Salza's book "The Biblical Basis For Tradition" if you are actually interested in what the Bible says and not what YOU want the Bible to say.ME, I RECCOMEND THAT ALL READ THE BIBLE AND ASK GOD TO SHOW YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW, NOT SOME MAN NAMED SALZA OR ANY OTHER MAN

Lastly, I happen to know the Catholic you spoke to and I also know that she never told you that Catholics do not believe the Bible is from God. She was trying to prove a point in the fact that you would reject a teaching of Catholicism SOLELY based on the fact that it is not explicitly found in Scripture and so she was trying to say that nowhere did Christ tell us to consult Scripture so why are you since it's not explicitly found in Scripture.ME, A STRAWMAN ARGUMENT NOT BACKED UP BY WHAT THUS SAITH THE LORD.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

LOL, LOOKS LIKE I RAN THE CATHOLICS OFF.

sorry.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

preston wrote:
lets examine this more closely and look at the fisrt statement and we see that it is a lie.
1. Please do give me the verse that Jesus tells us to consult Scripture. While He certainly quotes Scripture and we do as well, He never commands us to.ME; OF COURSE HE DID, FOR HE SAID, Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.JOHN 5:39
2. We do believe the Bible is from God--but it is not the sole authority of faith.ME; THEN WHAT IS? IT IS LOGOS, THE WORD. JESUS HIMSELF. IS THERE A HIGHER AUTHORITY? OF COURSE NOT!
3. The Bible does state that the Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15)ME; BUT NOT THE RCC WHICH WAS NOT IN EXISTANCE WHEN JESUS LIVED OR DIED
4. Jesus never did tell anyone to write the Bible, He told them to preach. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, THIS STATEMENT IS COMPLETELY A LIE.
5. The Bible never says it is the sole authority, or the pillar and foundation of Truth or anything else.IT SAYS THAT GOD IS, AND JESUS IS GOD HENCE THE WORD AKA THE BIBLE.
6. The Bible doesn't tell you which books belong in the Bible, it is an extra-biblical source that says which books belong in the Bible.ME WRONG, THE BOOKS OF THE BIBLE WERE WRITTEN AS THE HOLY GHOST DIRECTED AND CHOSEN BY HIM
7. I recommend you read John Salza's book "The Biblical Basis For Tradition" if you are actually interested in what the Bible says and not what YOU want the Bible to say.ME, I RECCOMEND THAT ALL READ THE BIBLE AND ASK GOD TO SHOW YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW, NOT SOME MAN NAMED SALZA OR ANY OTHER MAN
Lastly, I happen to know the Catholic you spoke to and I also know that she never told you that Catholics do not believe the Bible is from God. She was trying to prove a point in the fact that you would reject a teaching of Catholicism SOLELY based on the fact that it is not explicitly found in Scripture and so she was trying to say that nowhere did Christ tell us to consult Scripture so why are you since it's not explicitly found in Scripture.ME, A STRAWMAN ARGUMENT NOT BACKED UP BY WHAT THUS SAITH THE LORD.
That's a stupid website. Preston, if you want to know what the Catholic Church teaches, why don't you ask the Catholic Church?
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

preston wrote:
LOL, LOOKS LIKE I RAN THE CATHOLICS OFF.
sorry.
Keep dreaming, but you never have much of anything of value to say and nobody wants to engage in endless nonsense with you. BTW which Apostles had a full time job and preached on Wednesday. lol

You said"
"why must people try and belitle His Word by saying that Jesus never told anyone to write His word is in error. if people didnt write them down, we would not know how to be Saved and Followers of God."

So was Regina and other Catholics belittling his Word? Or is that what you said is being done? I am going with you. You twist it as I said into your own perception not what is being said. Now I could call you a liar which would be the norm for someone like you, but I won't as I prefer to not read your posts of little value let alone address you.

Gee Preston how did anyone know how to be Saved until you Protestants came along? Its a rhetorical question moron. What do you suppose the Apostles were doing when the books werent written yet? Christ said go and preach.

The point is he didn't leave a book to run his church and no he did not say to write everything down and put it into a book that would be the sole rule of faith nor did he say which ones were scripture. As I said Revelation is not the bible. He didnt pass out KJV bibles and preachers popped up everywhere. Those KJV with the ones with commentary on the deuterocanons are gems. lol Never mind All the minute details have gone over endless times on this thread. You arent changing any minds. If you wish to deny history, reality and the Word because you have the real deal then get in line with the rest of the Protestants.

We arent saying God did not deliver his word in scripture, but the scripture doesnt say it is the sole rule of faith and each person individually decides what it means. All scripture is profitable. Profitable does not mean all sufficent especially in the wrong hands. Yes Preston you always tell us you know more than everyone else and the church is the whore and God doesnt hear Catholic prayers and Catholics are all ignorant and stupid of what scripture says. Thats ok I will let God decide that. There is no discussions in here, but thanks for proving to Catholics you dont have the truth. Good JOB!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

preston wrote:
Ignatius died around 115 A.D. and he quoted Matthew. Therefore Matthew had to be written before he died.
and since you catholics place so much empahsis on this kook, then we can assume that the writings of the Apostles were already in place before any RCC was formed from the Actual early Christian Church.
so quit saying that jesus NEVE INSTRUCTED any Apsolte to write down His Words.
this is as childish an argument that could ever been given for whatever reason.
it has nothing to do with the FACT that they thought it was very important for all future generations to know as much as possilbe about this man called Jesus, Our Savior.
what are you catholics trying to prove by saying that he never told them to write anything down?
what profit is there for your church to insist that that is very important in Gods Plan?
are you wishing and wanting people to remain ignorant concerning what He really said? a la JW's?
would that not benefit satan much more than Jesus?
There's a big difference between following the JWs founded a hundred years ago vs. agreeing with St. Ignatius who was taught by St. John. You like to call him names, but you do so out of jealousy.

1. No where does the Bible say that all or even most of the oral tradition was committed to Scripture, so your premise is erroneous. The major dogmas of Christianity, such as the Trinity, is not explicitly stated in Scripture, for example. Same for the two wills and natures of Christ, the hypostatic union, the canon of Scripture, etc. That God commands us to obey both the oral and written tradition through St. Paul also demonstrates that sola Scriptura is invalid.

2. There is no difference between "did" and "taught" because what the Savior "did" and "taught" were for our salvation. That means they are both part of divine revelation, but not all of these things were recorded in Scripture. Scripture accounts for only about 100 days of Jesus' earthly ministry. Moreover, Jesus never commanded any of the apostles to write anything down during His ministry, and only five of them chose to write at the inspiration of the Holy Ghost. Jesus commanded all of them to hand on the gospel orally, which is Sacred Tradition.

3. If no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of private interpretation, then that means Scripture itself is not a matter of private interpretation because Scripture is divinely inspired and hence must be interpreted by a divine authority. The countless divisions among Protestantism prove the point. Neither Christ nor any of the apostles ever intended for Scripture to be our only authority. In fact, sola Scriptura was a concept unheard of until 1500 years after Christ's ascension into heaven.

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep dreaming, but you never have much of anything of value to say and nobody wants to engage in endless nonsense with you. BTW which Apostles had a full time job and preached on Wednesday. lol
You said"
"why must people try and belitle His Word by saying that Jesus never told anyone to write His word is in error. if people didnt write them down, we would not know how to be Saved and Followers of God."
So was Regina and other Catholics belittling his Word? Or is that what you said is being done? I am going with you. You twist it as I said into your own perception not what is being said. Now I could call you a liar which would be the norm for someone like you, but I won't as I prefer to not read your posts of little value let alone address you.
Gee Preston how did anyone know how to be Saved until you Protestants came along? Its a rhetorical question moron. What do you suppose the Apostles were doing when the books werent written yet? Christ said go and preach.
The point is he didn't leave a book to run his church and no he did not say to write everything down and put it into a book that would be the sole rule of faith nor did he say which ones were scripture. As I said Revelation is not the bible. He didnt pass out KJV bibles and preachers popped up everywhere. Those KJV with the ones with commentary on the deuterocanons are gems. lol Never mind All the minute details have gone over endless times on this thread. You arent changing any minds. If you wish to deny history, reality and the Word because you have the real deal then get in line with the rest of the Protestants.
We arent saying God did not deliver his word in scripture, but the scripture doesnt say it is the sole rule of faith and each person individually decides what it means. All scripture is profitable. Profitable does not mean all sufficent especially in the wrong hands. Yes Preston you always tell us you know more than everyone else and the church is the whore and God doesnt hear Catholic prayers and Catholics are all ignorant and stupid of what scripture says. Thats ok I will let God decide that. There is no discussions in here, but thanks for proving to Catholics you dont have the truth. Good JOB!
" If you wish to deny history, reality and the Word because you have the real deal then get in line with the rest of the Protestants. "

LOL!
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I can depend on what God has told me.
the day of my dad funeral, my nephew said not to worry, he was only sleeping, and as I started to disagree with him(a deacon in your cult), God spoke to me and said these words."he is not a child of mine", therfore it follows, if you dont belong to God, you belong to the devil, and he surely does. to treat his mother like he does, he doesnt visit her, wishes nothing else for her but for her to be put in a nursing home. he is filth and it runs in your satanic church.
Question: "What does the Bible say about caring for our old parents?"
Answer: The Bible has much to say about caring for elderly parents and other family members who are not able to care for themselves. The early Christian church acted as the social services agency for other believers. They cared for the poor, the sick, the widows and the orphans who had no one else to care for them. Christians who had family members in need were expected to meet those needs. Unfortunately, caring for our parents in their old age is no longer an obligation that many of us are willing to accept.
The elderly can be seen as burdens rather than blessings. Sometimes we are quick to forget the sacrifices our parents made for us when they are in need of care themselves. Instead of taking them into our homes—whenever that is safe and feasible—we put them in retirement communities or nursing homes, sometimes against their will. We may not value the wisdom they have acquired through living long lives, and we can discredit their advice as “outdated.”
When we honor and care for our parents, we are serving God as well. The Bible says,“The church should care for any widow who has no one else to care for her. But if she has children or grandchildren, their first responsibility is to show godliness at home and repay their parents by taking care of them. This is something that pleases God very much....But those who won't care for their own relatives, especially those living in the same household, have denied what we believe. Such people are worse than unbelievers”(1 Timothy 5:3-4, 8).
WORSE THAN UNBELIEVERS. FITS MIKE TO A TEE.
http://www.gotquestions.org/caring-for-old-pa...
I'm sorry your father passed away..I know what that feels like I just lost mine this sept. As far as deacons we don't have deacons in the kingdom hall. Your nephew said: your father was sleeping and so now you conclude that we are in a devilish cult. Your nephew did not write the Bible he was only trying to encourage you. Dead loved ones are asleep in peace. Its what the scriptures say not something your nephew made up. I think this is the time to be at peace with your family in times of mourning don't you agree?
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a stupid website. Preston, if you want to know what the Catholic Church teaches, why don't you ask the Catholic Church?
anthony, it had noting to do with what your church teaches but what ALL of you catholics say, which was what those people also were saying.

which was, jesus never told any aposlte to write anything down.

this fact that all of them along with regie, among others on here, who have said that indicates, that your church has indeed taught you people to say that as some kind of argument
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a big difference between following the JWs founded a hundred years ago vs. agreeing with St. Ignatius who was taught by St. John. You like to call him names, but you do so out of jealousy.
1. No where does the Bible say that all or even most of the oral tradition was committed to Scripture, so your premise is erroneous. The major dogmas of Christianity, such as the Trinity, is not explicitly stated in Scripture, for example. Same for the two wills and natures of Christ, the hypostatic union, the canon of Scripture, etc. That God commands us to obey both the oral and written tradition through St. Paul also demonstrates that sola Scriptura is invalid.
2. There is no difference between "did" and "taught" because what the Savior "did" and "taught" were for our salvation. That means they are both part of divine revelation, but not all of these things were recorded in Scripture. Scripture accounts for only about 100 days of Jesus' earthly ministry. Moreover, Jesus never commanded any of the apostles to write anything down during His ministry, and only five of them chose to write at the inspiration of the Holy Ghost. Jesus commanded all of them to hand on the gospel orally, which is Sacred Tradition.
3. If no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of private interpretation, then that means Scripture itself is not a matter of private interpretation because Scripture is divinely inspired and hence must be interpreted by a divine authority. The countless divisions among Protestantism prove the point. Neither Christ nor any of the apostles ever intended for Scripture to be our only authority. In fact, sola Scriptura was a concept unheard of until 1500 years after Christ's ascension into heaven.
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/
http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/not...

preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry your father passed away..I know what that feels like I just lost mine this sept. As far as deacons we don't have deacons in the kingdom hall. Your nephew said: your father was sleeping and so now you conclude that we are in a devilish cult. Your nephew did not write the Bible he was only trying to encourage you. Dead loved ones are asleep in peace. Its what the scriptures say not something your nephew made up. I think this is the time to be at peace with your family in times of mourning don't you agree?
sorry, but to tell a Chrsitian that their loved one just went to sleep is a slap in the face.

and no, I was taught from childhood that your cult is satanic, and God reaffirmed it that day, when He told me to "leave him alone, he is not one of mine". that is all the "proof" that we would ever need when it comes straight from God Himself.

as far as being asleep, that too is a lie straight from the devil too, the rich man was not "asleep", and i have a Personal experience that also indicates that that is not true either.

along with that expeirience, I have been by the bedside of those who were near death, who experienced the flames of hell and also those who had felt that "peace that passeth all understanding" as my grandfather saw.
SO GO TELL OTHERS MORE GULLIBLE THAN I AM WITH YOUR LIES FROM THE DEVIL

Deacons among Jehovah's Witnesses are referred to as ministerial servants, claiming it preferable to translate the descriptive Greek term used in the Bible rather than merely transliterate it as though it were a title.[30] Appointed ministerial servants aid elders in congregational duties. Like the elders, they are adult baptized males[31] and serve voluntarily.[32]

BTW, I HAVE MORE CONTEMPT FOR YOUR SATANIC CULT THAN I DO WITH THE SDA BRANCH, YOU ALL WERE SPAWNED BY THE DEVIL AND HIS HENCHMAN
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but to tell a Chrsitian that their loved one just went to sleep is a slap in the face.
I take it you get offended very easily?
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU AND i HAVE HASHED THIS OUT SEVERAL TIMES IN THE PAST. i DERIDE ANY PERSON LIKE HIM WHO WANTS TO DIE.

Jesus told peter that he would face a death that he wouldnt want to face, now what makes iggie better than peter or more brave?

and even your church, which came centuries after he died doesnt beleive half or more of his alleged writings.

and you cant prove,nor can any one else Prove that he was taught by John nor appointed a bishop by peter himself.

it looks good on the surface but no foundation can be proven by the Word of God,which does mention many people who worked for the glory of God.
so why wouldnt iggie be mentioned, if he was so important to early first or second generation christianity?

the answer is obvious, he wasnt a player in Gods Plan, and neither was that other guy who only saw John at a bathouse.lol
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but to tell a Chrsitian that their loved one just went to sleep is a slap in the face.
and no, I was taught from childhood that your cult is satanic, and God reaffirmed it that day, when He told me to "leave him alone, he is not one of mine". that is all the "proof" that we would ever need when it comes straight from God Himself.
as far as being asleep, that too is a lie straight from the devil too, the rich man was not "asleep", and i have a Personal experience that also indicates that that is not true either.
along with that expeirience, I have been by the bedside of those who were near death, who experienced the flames of hell and also those who had felt that "peace that passeth all understanding" as my grandfather saw.
SO GO TELL OTHERS MORE GULLIBLE THAN I AM WITH YOUR LIES FROM THE DEVIL
Deacons among Jehovah's Witnesses are referred to as ministerial servants, claiming it preferable to translate the descriptive Greek term used in the Bible rather than merely transliterate it as though it were a title.[30] Appointed ministerial servants aid elders in congregational duties. Like the elders, they are adult baptized males[31] and serve voluntarily.[32]
BTW, I HAVE MORE CONTEMPT FOR YOUR SATANIC CULT THAN I DO WITH THE SDA BRANCH, YOU ALL WERE SPAWNED BY THE DEVIL AND HIS HENCHMAN
Who taught you from childhood that we are a Satanic cult? Do you believe everything everyone tells you? Why not go to the horses mouth and find out for yourself. If you have never studied with the witnesses for at least a year, tested the scriptures with any Bible you like to compare. Gone to a convention, experience the worldwide loving brotherhood we have where there is no race or money barrier than you're just slandering and spreading lies. Now you know how God feels about big FAT LIES don't you?

www.JW.org
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Preston you always tell us you know more than everyone else and the church is the whore and God doesnt hear Catholic prayers and Catholics are all ignorant and stupid of what scripture says. Thats ok I will let God decide that. There is no discussions in here, but thanks for proving to Catholics you dont have the truth. Good JOB!
first, i must know more than you as I have showed over the years.lol.

so if you knew a little or at the very minimum ,more than me, about the bible, then you would know that the Greatest of all apostles SUPPORTED HIMSELF ALONG WITH OTHERS IN HIS OCCUPATION AS A TENTMAKER.

Tentmaking, in general, refers to the activities of any Christian who, while functioning as a minister, receives little or no pay for his or her church work, and supports him or herself by additional, unrelated work. Specifically, tentmaking can also refer to a method of international Christian evangelism in which missionaries support themselves by working full time in the marketplace with their skills and education, instead of receiving financial support from a church. The term comes from the fact that the apostle Paul supported himself by making tents while living and preaching in Corinth (Acts 18:3).

YOU LOSE, LIKE ALWAYS WHEN YOU TRY AND BUTT HEADS WITH ME.

and I have many, many times preached on other nights beside Sunday and wed's in numerous revivals that have lasted weeks, JUST LIKE OTHER PREACHERS THAT HOLD FULL TIMES JOBS BESIDES THEIR PASTORING AND EVANGELISTIC WORK.

THAT AINT DISGRACEFUL AND I HAVE NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED ABOUT, nor do I have the police and the grand jury at my door seeking to have me arrested for abuse of any kind, to bad that your clerics cant say the same, isnt it?

and my church never had to have insurance to protect them for illicit behavior on my part resulting in large law suits.

SO DONT MAKE IT PERSONAL. i have had nothing to hide, nor has my church ever had to shelter me like your church does with Law.
Alien Outlaw

Beardstown, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
" If you wish to deny history, reality and the Word because you have the real deal then get in line with the rest of the Protestants. "
LOL!
Big A, 2000+ years ago some guy walked on water...its funny! To many galaxies to count and the primitive human animal is still talking about some guy that walked on water! Again, TO MANY GALAXIES TO COMPREHEND!.........some guy walked on water??????????The Bible story had a good run..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 399,381 - 399,400 of529,767
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

480 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min NEWS-FLASH 171,407
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Hidingfromyou 716,210
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min CunningLinguist 223,088
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min petesake kis 114,570
I have just been arrested! What should I do? 19 min Dr_Zorderz 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min Truths 598,721
Join the Online IT & software Training with Sky... 32 min Sky Infotech 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min Charlie Sheen 255,618
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 4 hr Sasha 108
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 14 hr Shut-Up 60
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••