Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,967)

Showing posts 399,321 - 399,340 of512,405
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
Islam is peace -- just a few bad Muslims.
Roman Catholicism is perfect moral teachings -- just a few bad Priests.
Hello? Anyone there?
I never really looked at it this way. Thank you for being so astute.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, they're non-profit, so they don't "write it off". That's what for -profit entities do for a tax deduction.
Property taxes wouldn't go down if churches weren't there. Property taxes never go down. Ever. If your premise were true, I'd have all the parks shut down. They suck up a lot more taxable land than churches.
Are you over age 18? Do you work somewhere or own a home?
(LOL)

If churches paid property taxes like all others do,(paying their fair share) than millions more DOLLARS would be sent to city coffers by the churhces covering the cities costs. Right?

If the current property tax collected to run your city is $200 Million and there are 100,000 households each one pays their rate to cover all the cities expenses.

If churches paid property taxes collectively example:$50 Million than the tax burden on taxpayers would be $50 million less than before divided up by all taxpayers. Because churches take up entire city blocks millions more would flow into city coffers, and churches would pay much more than an individual household owner on a regular lot, lightening the cost load for everyone else. Church goers would pick have to put more money in the collection plate to pay the tax bill they never had before, not everyone in the city.

Its obvious math wasn't your forte?

Do you honestly believe that if churches paid property taxes that EVRYONES property taxes wouldn't change?

UNBELIEVABLE!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
It ALL comes from the followers.
Not all of it.

Some comes from the laundered money in the Vatican Bank!

:o)

BTW - of course Dan is "paying for other's sins".

Dan is the new RCC Savior. With all the BS he puts forth, he should haven't a problem getting his fellow Catholics to believe him.

To Dan - blasphemer and liar.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep banging the "diplomatic immunity" drum.
Why?
You keep diverting - Why?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah-been busy. Good to visit w/you.
Ex-Catholics are like atheists or ex-smokers. Their whole reason for being seems to be to get you to listen to how smart they are for having thrown the "bad habit" overboard and to pillory you for not following suit.
Tiresome.
I'm glad you admit that Catholicism is a "bad habit" and should be thrown overboard.

But may I suggest - just don't throw out the "baby" when tossing things over the side, because you will throw something out that you shouldn't have.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not familiar with Islam.
If a teaching is correct, and you don't follow it and get a bad result, is it the fault of the teacher or the student?
If I ignore the Pythagorean Theorem and blow a Math test as a result, is the theorem wrong? No.
Using your same logic....

If you only believe in less than half of what Jesus taught, then you would be only a "half" of a follower.

Why don't you beleive Jesus?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like I fit this to a tee....
I've been called a liar by Catholics, even though I am still in good standing with the RCC.
I wonder why?
If you ever question the catholic church or Jesus and you are not shelling out to the collection plate, you are a social catholic to them even if you were formerly baptized. That is 2 notches down from an acceptable catholic.

That is why they can call you LIAR!....sorry! thats how it works (lol)

ANTHONY would never call REGINA, CLAY, HOJO, GENED, PRESTON, CATHOLIC MOM... LIARS, and they would never call each other LIARS , even if they were. That is how it works.

Its like the secret society, the FREE MASONS...except there is no secret handshake........but I could be wrong.(lol)
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't live in a vacuum, FM.
Michael asked, I answered. Not musch "spin" involved.
Of course not. I'm sure you are a reasonable, intelligent person.

But when it comes to your faith -- you like other will spin, deny, and deflect -- all in ways you would never do when dealing with real world matters.

The problem is that there is no evidence, no visible, real-world manifestation of the benefits of the RCC's supposed spiritual superiority.

Do Catholic-majority countries have less crime. Better systems of justice maybe?

Was it the "teacher of perfect morals" that first spoke up against slavery?

Did the Bill of Rights,-- with trial by jury of peers, the right to speedy justice, etc.-- come from that "perfect teacher of morals?

Is it possible that any "perfect teacher" was actually against so many rights that we both view as "moral" today?

In short, where's the beef?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
If its so tiresome, then go to a Catholic forum instead of Topix.
You need complete agreement, because the "perfect" and "only" faith thing is completely full of holes. History says it's absurd.
And it's not just ex-Catholics who make the RCC a comedy club staple.
It's not ex-Catholics who caused the RCC in Germany to loose 30% of attendance since Benedict became Pope.
It's not ex-Catholics who made Ireland break diplomatic relations with the RCC.
You point fingers at all others, but have you looked in the mirror?
Holy Diplomatic Immunity!!!
I wonder why these Catholics refuse to acknowledge these blatant truths?

Do you think they are fearful?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

<quoted text>
Not all of it.
Dan is the new RCC Savior. With all the BS he puts forth, he should haven't a problem getting his fellow Catholics to believe him.
Not to worry! A couple more hard weeks on here and Dan will be worn down and become one of us, and be on the outside looking in, to see what he has been missing.(LOL)

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

LTM wrote:
Principles of Bible Authority
We must have Bible authority for everything we do in serving God.
The Bible principle
We must not participate in any practice in God's service unless we find it taught in the gospel. If God's word says to do a thing, we must do it just as He says and not change it.
Matthew 15:9 - Our worship to God is vain if it is based on human doctrines.
Galatians 1:8,9 - If we follow man-made doctrines that differ from the gospel, we are accursed.
2 John 9 - If we do not abide in the teaching of Jesus, we do not have God. To have God, we must abide in Jesus' teaching.
The Bible is a complete and perfect guide to everything God wants us to do (2 Tim. 3:16,17; John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3). We do not need to have a passage specifically forbidding us to do certain acts in order to know they are wrong. When God tells us what to practice, then it would be wrong to do something different, even if He nowhere expressly said not to do the other thing. If He says to do one thing, and we do something else, then we are following human doctrines and a different gospel, so our worship is vain and we have not God.
cont
LTM

God is the Authority.
The Bible is the standard.

When you interpret the Bible according to some "Principle". One must define the "Principle". In your case it would be best to say that you understand the Bible in a historically real sense, a morally responsible sense, and as a God-breathed(inspired) spiritual sense....

Secondly, when you make a list of Bible principles, it is "YOU", or someone you follow, that has made the list of principles. This necessarily invalidates the Bible Authority. One could randomly pick out some scriptures and apply them in any way, and say, "The Bible's Authority declares it so, when in fact it is the person making the list who is the "Authority".

Here is the problem. If the Bible is the Authority, then you can't fly on a jet, drive a car, watch tv, or use a computer. Why? Because your Authority said nothing, and you cannot assume anything.
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Not all of it.
As long as we all ignore Jesus' last act as a free man on earth -- or just say it had no meaning -- then the idea of a church-own bank might make sense.

Of course, we must also ignore who made the church bank possible.

We must also ignore the bank scandals -- one of the worse records of integrity of any bank in the EU.

Holy Church Bank!

Taken as a whole, sooner or later -- it becomes completely absurd, laughable in fact.

Wait!!!

Maybe Jesus owns a few comedy clubs and wanted them to have good material.

Holy Diplomatic Immunity! That's it!!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Not all of it.
NASL says....Some comes from the laundered money in the Vatican Bank!

Michael says......No one knows where the money goes.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/a-...

What does Dan think about this?

Next I will report on the NUNS SCANDAL.

Without scandals one after another, I would be bored.

Thankyou Catholic church!
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM
God is the Authority.
The Bible is the standard.
When you interpret the Bible according to some "Principle". One must define the "Principle". In your case it would be best to say that you understand the Bible in a historically real sense, a morally responsible sense, and as a God-breathed(inspired) spiritual sense....
Secondly, when you make a list of Bible principles, it is "YOU", or someone you follow, that has made the list of principles. This necessarily invalidates the Bible Authority. One could randomly pick out some scriptures and apply them in any way, and say, "The Bible's Authority declares it so, when in fact it is the person making the list who is the "Authority".
Here is the problem. If the Bible is the Authority, then you can't fly on a jet, drive a car, watch tv, or use a computer. Why? Because your Authority said nothing, and you cannot assume anything.
So where do we find the results this RCC moral superiority?

Why did the perfect teacher on morals wait until the 19th century to formerly condemn slavery?

We hear all the talk, but where do we see the RCC's supposed superior relations with God actually manifested in the real world?

Holy Diplomatic Immunity!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you the Form of Confession.
That's what happens. Nothing about having to make full restitution immediately or turn oneself into law-enforcement. I'm not saying that these individual situations cannot occur, but it's not the Form fo Confession.
It's a confessional, not an interrogation room.
Confessing your sin is being responsible. That's why Catholics have to do it. They don't simply state "that's between me and God.".
Dan says.......That's what happens. Nothing about having to make full restitution immediately or turn oneself into law-enforcement.

Michael says.....I would believe the right thing to do would to be upfront with your crime.
.... If you stole a bicycle you return it. If you hit your spouse you apologize. If you sexually molested someone how can you be forgiven in the confessional if you have no intention to apologize to the victim, who is suffering, and notify police of your crime?

How could an offending priest/bishop hear my confession, and give me advice, if they aren't doing it themselves.

Truth, and honesty is the best policy. Its obvious church offenders didn't live by those virtues..........but they tell you to!

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony-
Michael says he's "sure" of this, "sure" of that, even after I gave him the Form of Confession twice, neither instance making absolution conditional.
As I stated earlier, he claims his own facts for "sure".
First, I don't believe many catholic clergy tell other priests their confessions or sins as most are personal friends of each other. Its probably the sign of the cross and you are absolved with a few prayers for repentance. I will find a former priest to confirm this.

Confession is held in closed quarters so the priest isn't suppose to know who's confession he is hearing.

I can't imagine a priest, golfing buddy of the priest hearing his confession telling him he masterbated 10 times, had impure thoughts 8 times, and lusted after the lady working in the supermarket down the street.

I just don't believe such confessions are told with full knowldege to personal friends being other priests.

my opinion.....

hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a list of Lutheran sects. Maybe more than 42, but who's counting?
Lutheranism
Main article: List of Lutheran denominations
Apostolic Lutheran Church of America
Association of Free Lutheran Congregations
Church of the Lutheran Brethren of America
Church of the Lutheran Confession
Concordia Lutheran Conference
Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference Evangelical Lutheran Church "Concord" (Russia)
Evangelical Lutheran Free Church (Germany)
Evangelical Lutheran Synod (United States)
Lutheran Church of Central Africa Malawi Conference
Lutheran Church of Central Africa Zambia Conference
Ukrainian Lutheran Church
Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (United States)
Evangelical Catholic Church
Kosovo Protestant Evangelical Church
Evangelical Community Church-Lutheran
Evangelical Lutheran Diocese of North America
International Lutheran Council American Association of Lutheran Churches
Evangelical Lutheran Church - Synod of France and Belgium
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Brazil
Evangelical Lutheran Church of England
Gutnius Lutheran Church
Independent Evangelical-Lutheran Church
Japan Lutheran Church
Lanka Lutheran Church
Lutheran Church—Canada
Lutheran Church—Hong Kong Synod
Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (United States)
Lutheran Church of Australia (associate member)
Laestadian Lutheran Church
Latvian Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Lutheran Church of China (no longer in existence)
Lutheran Church-International
Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (United States)
Lutheran Evangelical Protestant Church (United States)
Lutheran Ministerium and Synod - USA
Lutheran World Federation Andhra Evangelical Lutheran Church
Arcot Lutheran Church
Batak Christian Protestant Church
Church of Denmark
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland
Church of Iceland
Church of Norway
Church of Sweden
Church of the Faroe Islands
Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church
Evangelical Church of the Augsburg Confession in Slovakia
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Papua New Guinea
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Southern Africa
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Latvia
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Madhya Pradesh
Evangelical Lutheran Church in the Himalayan States
Evangelical Lutheran Free Church of Norway (associate member)
Gossner Evangelical Lutheran Church in Chotanagpur and Assam
Indian Evangelical Lutheran Church
Jeypore Evangelical Lutheran Church
Lutheran Church of Australia (associate member)
Malagasy Lutheran Church
Northern Evangelical Lutheran Church
Simalungun Protestant Christian Church
South Andhra Lutheran Church
Tamil Evangelical Lutheran Church
Thanks Dan! "Denial of Truth" are the three words have (conveniently) "escaped" the Protestant vocabulary of their 42,000+ contradicting (hodge-podge) of inconsistent denominations!!
fred

Mustang, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

My heavenly father is not a god....And you will cause them to forget my name....

His name Is Yahweh man changed his name and made him A god.......he is not a god never was never will be but for mortal man....who really knows who you are worshiping by your god worship it could be any and every god but you are not worshiping the creator.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

<quoted text>
Sounds like you would rather have "Paul", "John", and "Matthew" authorities than "God".
Why don't you believe Jesus?
We must not participate in any practice in God's service unless we find it taught in the gospel. If God's word says to do a thing, we must do it just as He says and not change it.

What does that say, go back and read the whole post.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that these cases are everywhere but the difference is you Regina continue to financially support the catholic church correct?
And do you think your money has in the past or continues to pay for lawsuits?
She must get a blessing outof it since she continues to do it. However the blessing she gets is from satan not Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 399,321 - 399,340 of512,405
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

600 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 10 min Demi Lovato 1,913
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min onemale 250,469
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min RiversideRedneck 681,030
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 17 min Ricky F 52,532
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min RiversideRedneck 217,344
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 38 min Ricky F 23,837
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 45 min Brit Expat 109,862
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Clearwater 596,641
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr KiMare 89,639
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 3 hr nikeelite0193 291
•••
•••
•••