Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,966)

Showing posts 399,301 - 399,320 of529,640
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
If the RCC's own polls are correct, then there are are fewer than 300 million practicing Catholics, not 1.13 billion.
Assuming a world population of 7 billion, then the question is:
How effective has Jesus' one-true church been in saving souls?
So far, dying on the cross and appointing the RCC as the "only true church," Jesus' supposed set-up has claimed less than 5% of the world's population.
Conclusion.......
Either the RCC's claim is absurd, or...
Jesus' ultimate sacrifice and church appointment was a bungled job, with a 95% failure rate.
I don't believe any self-respecting God would go through what Jesus did and be satisfied with a 5% success rate.
According to all reason and logic, and according to everything history teaches, I conclude that the RCC's claim is absurd.
Unless someone is born into the RCC, history and reality tell us there's almost no chance of being saved today -- because over 85% of RCC Catholics are born into the faith. Relatively speaking, very few humans born outside the Church somehow "find it" and convert.
I don't believe God is so arbitrary and callous, as to be so concerned about where and into what faith someone is born.
The RCC's claim is absurd on many levels.
..What were the purposes of the stories for Jesus performing miracles for thousands, yet at the same time he was known as a rebel and a jewish heretic and his crucifixion was the real evidence of his lack of popularity during his earthly life. Remember he had 33 years to convince people he was the son of God. An earthly failure by him.

A man who was more well known after he died, than when he was alive, though we can say that about many known people throughout history.

Christianities early success was because christianity showed up at the right place at the right time, a few spirititual Jesus boosters such as Paul got the ball rolling, not Jesus.

This new found christianity plagureized many of the customs/traditions of the pagan beliefs that were around for centuries before. Eternal salvation, concepts of heaven/hell, sacrificial meal, baptism just to name a few.

New followers were easy to find as the old customs/traditions they were use to suited them just fine.

After Official christianity formed, the NEW FOUND WAY to keep the flame glowing was family INDOCTRINATION. Without it christianity would have faded into the sunset much like most belief systems that came before.

Today christianity is a hodge-podge of thousands of individual ideas, all using the same holy book to prove their conflicting doctrines.

All the NT bible writers were Jews, as official christianity didn't start for nearly 300 years.
fred

Mustang, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Christians believe in ten commandments.but very few keep them.their is 613 commandments ....that some dumb ass nailed to the cross not we live in a giant sinful shit hole.Christians believe they keep the sabbath as well as catholicks but they do not.I can not believe how many brainwashed sheeple are in this world hey!!! it's one thing to be brainwashed from children but did you not grow up and learn to read and learn to study well many have but still lack understanding why???????because no one reverences the creator.Yahweh only a man made god....
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>

They claim to be a morally superior to all other churches, due to divine guidance.
No "one-true" church would have so much to hide.
Please tell us where the Catholic Church claims to be "morally superior" to all other churches???..We would like to know your sources ..The one thing we as Catholics know for sure, that it teaches the Fullness of the Faith and the Fullness in the doctrine of MORAL TRUTH that many Protestant Churches have rejected, in favor of "political correctness, secular humanism and Relative Truth" (whatever each person or denomination "decides"--is true for them, now is the truth (regardless of the true interpretation of the bible by the Early Church Fathers in 397 AD---All a person has to do (today) is look at the many Protestant Churches who now support, abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell reseach, homosexual ministers and (God knows what's next) depending on which direction the "political wind" happens to blow!!!
fred

Mustang, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Prophecies show that a large number of people will actually repent of god worship. They will turn from being like the gods.
They will repent and start practicing being like YAHWEH.. who is not a god The only thing that makes the creator a god is mortal man.....Are you sheeple scared to do the right thing. afraid to admit you have been deceived.Into god worship....I have told you the truth but yet you choose to look over it....

I am here to say the truth will change your life the laws will change your life keeping the sabbath will change your life keeping the feast days will change your life not for the worst but for the better reverence Yahweh And he will give understanding.This man made god will give you nothing but deception.
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
..What were the purposes of the stories for Jesus performing miracles for thousands, yet at the same time he was known as a rebel and a jewish heretic and his crucifixion was the real evidence of his lack of popularity during his earthly life. Remember he had 33 years to convince people he was the son of God. An earthly failure by him.
A man who was more well known after he died, than when he was alive, though we can say that about many known people throughout history.
Christianities early success was because christianity showed up at the right place at the right time, a few spirititual Jesus boosters such as Paul got the ball rolling, not Jesus.
This new found christianity plagureized many of the customs/traditions of the pagan beliefs that were around for centuries before. Eternal salvation, concepts of heaven/hell, sacrificial meal, baptism just to name a few.
New followers were easy to find as the old customs/traditions they were use to suited them just fine.
After Official christianity formed, the NEW FOUND WAY to keep the flame glowing was family INDOCTRINATION. Without it christianity would have faded into the sunset much like most belief systems that came before.
Today christianity is a hodge-podge of thousands of individual ideas, all using the same holy book to prove their conflicting doctrines.
All the NT bible writers were Jews, as official christianity didn't start for nearly 300 years.
Michael, we must not blame Jesus.

We must look at the un-provable, absurd-in-the-real-world claims made by the RCC.

2000 Years.... 5% of humanity? That's it?

The RCC talks the talk, but fails on the walk part. Wow, does that makes Jesus look bad.

No way 5% was Jesus' best shot. The RCC has failed and you above all know why.

The RCC is in a well documented, long-term downward spiral.

In His infinite wisdom, Jesus has sent you here to redeem His name.

Reject it or accept it Michael, Jesus loves you :o)

Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell us where the Catholic Church claims to be "morally superior" to all other churches???..We would like to know your sources ..The one thing we as Catholics know for sure, that it teaches the Fullness of the Faith and the Fullness in the doctrine of MORAL TRUTH that many Protestant Churches have rejected, in favor of "political correctness, secular humanism and Relative Truth" (whatever each person or denomination "decides"--is true for them, now is the truth (regardless of the true interpretation of the bible by the Early Church Fathers in 397 AD---All a person has to do (today) is look at the many Protestant Churches who now support, abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell reseach, homosexual ministers and (God knows what's next) depending on which direction the "political wind" happens to blow!!!
Hojo asks... "Please tell us where the Catholic Church claims to be "morally superior" to all other churches???..We would like to know your sources."

Ah... the title and article for this board.

"These ecclesial communities which, specifically because of the absence of the sacramental priesthood … cannot, according to Catholic doctrine, be called 'churches' in the proper sense," it said."

Get serious hojo. How is that not a claim of spiritual superiority?

... perfect teachings,

... infallible Popes,

... uniquely guided by God,

... God's Only True Church, others technically not even churches.

Yes hojo ---- your RCC claims MORAL SUPERIORITY.

I and 95%(includes non-practicing Catholics) of humanity claim this is wroing, even absurd.

So why on earth would the RCC need diplomatic immunity if just one of those amazing claims were true?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
I know the scripture well.
-
And, yes. They make up stuff as they go along. Once proven illogical they must continue to create new stuff to explain the old stuff.
-
Cum "ex cathedra" ...
-
Always trying to reconcile their *belief system* with 'truth'.
-
They fall short, don't you think?
Big time. I mean we all fall short as humans but if a religion is claiming to be following the Christ it should at least teach the basic teachings. Teach truths. The few times I went to a Catholic church the father did not even read the Bible and maybe a hand full of people had their Bibles open. The only thing that stuck in my mind how cold, and dark it was. They have Jesus looking all anorexic on the cross...and then the famous collection plate being passed around. You know in my opinion they pass it around so as to shame you if you when you see someone giving more money than you. The Bible says to give in secret.

www.JW.org
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Sorry for my bad typing..I mess up on this lil cell phone.
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

RCC claims moral superiority with ....

... perfect teachings,

... infallible Popes,

... uniquely guided by God,

... God's Only True Church, others technically not even churches.

Faith in an unseen, unknown, un-provable God is one thing.

But this "only one true" claim takes it to a totalitarian level.

About Catholic totalitarian ideals...

A quick glance at the Americas tells us everything about Catholic totalitarian ideals vs. Reformation ideals.

How many Catholics chose to leave Reformation societies?

How many Catholics chose to leave Catholic societies?

Down with totalitarianism. Let there be light.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
We must look at the un-provable, absurd-in-the-real-world claims made by the RCC.
The RCC talks the talk, but fails on the walk part. Wow, does that makes Jesus look bad.
James 4

King James Version (KJV)

4 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Big time. I mean we all fall short as humans but if a religion is claiming to be following the Christ it should at least teach the basic teachings. Teach truths. The few times I went to a Catholic church the father did not even read the Bible and maybe a hand full of people had their Bibles open. The only thing that stuck in my mind how cold, and dark it was. They have Jesus looking all anorexic on the cross...and then the famous collection plate being passed around. You know in my opinion they pass it around so as to shame you if you when you see someone giving more money than you. The Bible says to give in secret.
www.JW.org
The bible is read more in a Catholic mass than in almost all protestant services. In fact, the mass is ALL bible. You should leave the cult you're in and learn about Catholicism.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you are just naeive or you are just playing dumb and stupid.

Recent statistics show that ROMAN CATHOLIC women have more abortions per 1,000 women than protestant women. HUH!

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Catholic/2001...
==========
Gay catholic clergy outnumber the general population of men in america says Roman catholic priest Father Donald Cozzens. HUH!

http://www.trosch.org/ant/gay_priests.html

==========

Most roman catholics including many priests/bishops believe in OPTIONAL CELEBACY. The pope screams NOOOOOOO!! HUH!

http://www.futurechurch.org/fpm/optcel/callsf...

==========

Your MYTH is BUSTED!!

ps Don't post back to me, I am sick of hearing 42,001 beliefs, half truths, heresys, confrinting, 4gvn, Michael, NASL, bla bla bla.

I bring the news that HOJO knows, but fears to admit. Clergy names, parishes, etc are posted but HOJO doesn't believe.

Michael knows and tells the truth. HOJO should learn to do the same.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is read more in a Catholic mass than in almost all protestant services. In fact, the mass is ALL bible. You should leave the cult you're in and learn about Catholicism.
(LOL) Same old stale passages over and over on a 1 year recycled basis. 96% of the NT scriptures are never UTTERED by a catholic clergy from the pulpit, because so many passages..... WHAT DOES MICHAEL SAY........."make no common sense".

Here is an example:.... Luke 14:26 Jesus preaches that hatred is absolutely necessary to be a disciple. HUH!

Here is a kinky one....Matthew 28:6 “He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. COME AND SEE THE PLACE WHERE HE LAY.”

Deuteronomy 25:11–12

If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity.

want more, got more!

BUSTED!
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Big time. I mean we all fall short as humans but if a religion is claiming to be following the Christ it should at least teach the basic teachings. Teach truths. The few times I went to a Catholic church the father did not even read the Bible and maybe a hand full of people had their Bibles open. The only thing that stuck in my mind how cold, and dark it was. They have Jesus looking all anorexic on the cross...and then the famous collection plate being passed around. You know in my opinion they pass it around so as to shame you if you when you see someone giving more money than you. The Bible says to give in secret.
www.JW.org
I am sorry that you are so full of hate for things you have not bothered to even try to understand. However you are lying if you say you went to a Catholic mass and there was no bible read or that whole of it is not biblical. Scripture is read at every mass and the scripture readings are in booklets in the pews. Second many people leave checks or money in envelopes provided they give. The point of giving like the hypocrites is that they made sure everyone could see how much they were giving so they could get their approval of men or recieve a reward from men or as if you can make a payment for your sin and be rewarded. Or as if they were more pious than the woman who gave all she had even though it was a small amount her faith and heart was big and she had more to lose than what a rich person could comfortably give. If someone held up a wad of $100 bills so everyone would notice that is not the same as a basket just passing by without seeking recognition. In fact its difficult to tell who put what in but if someone puts money in they are not seeking approval or recognition of how much. A gossip like you who has been taught to hate will look for things through your dark heart rather than with truth or understanding. As pitiful as that is your accusation is flawed and you entirely missed the point Jesus was making. Ananias and Saphira lied about what they gave. Was it a Secret? When they took up collections in the early church did they go into a room and close the shade and then when everyone went in accuse some of not giving?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>

make up your mind??

How many times have you ridiculed protestants calling them SOLA SCRIPTURA..... for them embracing the holy bible..........then you tell us your mass is basically all about!! WAIT FOR IT!.........THE BIBLE!

UNBELIEVABLE!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
I will wait for Jesus to appear as he promised, than I will make my decision. Never rush anything FM!

No facimilie images on toast, or bridge underpasses are allowed. He must appear tall, with long chestnut color hair, and blue eyes, just as catholics ENVISION him.

No false Jesus accepted.

Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I will wait for Jesus to appear as he promised, than I will make my decision. Never rush anything FM!
No facimilie images on toast, or bridge underpasses are allowed. He must appear tall, with long chestnut color hair, and blue eyes, just as catholics ENVISION him.
No false Jesus accepted.
The RCC has failed you, just as it has failed over 95% of humanity.

No matter, Jesus loves you.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
(LOL) Same old stale passages over and over on a 1 year recycled basis. 96% of the NT scriptures are never UTTERED by a catholic clergy from the pulpit, because so many passages..... WHAT DOES MICHAEL SAY........."make no common sense".
Here is an example:.... Luke 14:26 Jesus preaches that hatred is absolutely necessary to be a disciple. HUH!
Here is a kinky one....Matthew 28:6 “He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. COME AND SEE THE PLACE WHERE HE LAY.”
Deuteronomy 25:11–12
If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity.
want more, got more!
BUSTED!
Michael The Taco Bell chihuahua is barking for attention again! Ruff, ruff...down boy, quit humping your fellow miltant atheists...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
make up your mind??
How many times have you ridiculed protestants calling them SOLA SCRIPTURA..... for them embracing the holy bible..........then you tell us your mass is basically all about!! WAIT FOR IT!.........THE BIBLE!
UNBELIEVABLE!
woof, woof...here comes the big German shepherd...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Could this be Jesus? catholics scream NO! just as they did over 15 years ago when this image was in Mechanix illustrated. Catholics were outraged, many cancelled their subscription to the magazine, and boycotted advertizers on radio talk shows that even discussed this new Jesus......

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/healt...

If he isn't slim, tall with long flowing chestnut hair he is an imposter!(lol) that is more or less what catholics were saying not too many years ago.

Has anything changed? NOPE!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 399,301 - 399,320 of529,640
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

610 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min aaaaa 114,526
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Godspeakinginmydreamslol 93,124
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Proxy Queen 715,870
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 8 min Ed Teach 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Patrick 223,031
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 23 min Ed Teach 53,137
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Charlie Sheen 255,547
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Ava 58
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Lyndi 171,384