Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,587
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#414426 Jan 9, 2013
no we not say like that
fasting do Muslim as well Christians and Jew too..now did every man and woman of them do i don't know about that..as well calendar of religion as well others are deference in time..deference religion deference day..now..you attacking which one where??????????

be good

United States

#414427 Jan 9, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Good point. Check this scripture out 1 Timothy 4:2 by the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, marked in their conscious as with a branding iron. 3 forbidding to marry, commanding to abstain from foods from which God created to be partaking of with thanksgiving by those who have faith and accurately know the truth.
The CC made man made rules that their preachers can't marry. And the flock calls them father. Then some don't eat meat on Friday. Again. Another made up rule. I find they don't follow the Bible at all. They make up stuff as they go along.
-
I know the scripture well.
-
And, yes. They make up stuff as they go along. Once proven illogical they must continue to create new stuff to explain the old stuff.
-
Cum "ex cathedra" ...
-
Always trying to reconcile their *belief system* with 'truth'.
-
They fall short, don't you think?
truth

Perth, Australia

#414428 Jan 9, 2013
iris persica is flowers simmular which we call macinac..grow up only in my place where ..cemetry
http://www6.montgomerycountymd.gov/apps/News/... .

i am tired i wrote before 3x kingdoom
flora fauna tree
animals birds and fish
humans

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#414429 Jan 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
FOL. My prayers and heart go out to you, Losing your nephew now your brother is sick with cancer, God is in control My prayers will be for him to night. God Bless.
FOL - I'm praying for yours and your brother's intentions. I'm truly sorry. I lost my younger sister to cancer so I know the sadness you're feeling. But - never give up hope.
truth

Perth, Australia

#414431 Jan 10, 2013
Your planet are less then marble from kids
yes any planet less then marble could you think like that how much you are bigger?!
don't tell kosta..nekosta nista=not worthy
kad se umanji

Why ants have colony?
which universe is hard find?
small
medium
bigger

psalm 14=n
They say no god..why?
truth

Perth, Australia

#414432 Jan 10, 2013
Did you ever see castle from ants?
truth

Perth, Australia

#414433 Jan 10, 2013
ants belong to termite..de=termite
creation determination recreation
its act as action

in name of Jesus Christ
who how where when..how much smaller bigger this or that..
koga je molit
nije ga srdit
Dan

Omaha, NE

#414435 Jan 10, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
I hear you Free Mind ...
-
<quoted text>
-
Pythagoras aside ...
-
FIRST AND FOREMOST ..one must listen to the Teacher!
-
But - what if the teacher is wrong? THAT is what Free Mind is saying.
If the teacher is WRONG he can't possibly teach the truth.
-
JESUS CHRIST IS THE GOOD TEACHER. Nobody else.
-
Jesus SAID, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
-
Jesus SAID, "Call NO MAN your FATHER!"
-
Jesus said, "Love your neighbor as yourself."
-
-
Catholic Church said, "Call priests and pope your father."
Catholic Church said, "Torture heretics."
We get Catholicism as a result.
Inquisition.
Pedophile protection ring - worldwide.
-
-
Muhammad said - There is no God but Allah.
We get Islam and Jihad.
Bloody war in the name of God.
-
-
The teacher HAS to be a GOOD TEACHER, and the teacher HAS to tell the truth. Otherwise the "lesson learned" is a lie.
-
IF YOU IGNORE WHAT THE GOOD TEACHER, JESUS CHRIST TAUGHT - you don't just blow a math test.
-
You blow everlasting life.
-
Right out of the starting gate, Catholics ignore what Jesus taught.
-
"Call no man your Father."
And it only goes downhill from there.
-
Now all you Catholics (when trying to dismiss the pedophilia) say that nobody is perfect so, "therefore", it is to be expected when priests screw up ---- but you keep listening to the teachings of the church, which is imperfect.
-
and you DON'T listen to Jesus Christ who WAS perfect.
"Call no man your Father."
Jesus Christ said that for a reason.
Well, my post said "If a teaching is correct.........."
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414436 Jan 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll put it differently. You missed it.
Ford Motor Company made some cars that weren't reliable sold by salesmen who were less than candid about the car's reliability.
That being said, are you affirming that Ford Motor Company is a blighted institution for this fact? Bad from the top down?
Simple...

Ford Motor Co does not claim to be appointed or uniquely guided by God.

Ford does not claim to make "perfect" cars.

But if Ford did claim all those things, don't you think we should judge them by a higher standard?

If Ford claimed their cars were superior because of God's -- yet over many years, their cars proved no more reliable than any other car -- would you believe them?

BOTTOM LINE -- if a company or a church makes such a claim, then it shouldn't it be evident in some manner?

Otherwise, what's the point?

The RCC is a church. They claim to be a morally superior to all other churches, due to divine guidance.

But after 1600 years, NOTHING. They fudge their worldwide membership numbers. They lie about their deeds. They are secretive and promote censorship.

They claim diplomatic immunity to avoid inspection and accountability.

No "one-true" church would have so much to hide.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#414437 Jan 10, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple...
Ford Motor Co does not claim to be appointed or uniquely guided by God.
Ford does not claim to make "perfect" cars.
But if Ford did claim all those things, don't you think we should judge them by a higher standard?
If Ford claimed their cars were superior because of God's -- yet over many years, their cars proved no more reliable than any other car -- would you believe them?
BOTTOM LINE -- if a company or a church makes such a claim, then it shouldn't it be evident in some manner?
Otherwise, what's the point?
The RCC is a church. They claim to be a morally superior to all other churches, due to divine guidance.
But after 1600 years, NOTHING. They fudge their worldwide membership numbers. They lie about their deeds. They are secretive and promote censorship.
They claim diplomatic immunity to avoid inspection and accountability.
No "one-true" church would have so much to hide.
No one claims that people in the Church are perfect, but the Church cannot teach error. They don't claim it-Christ established the Church to teach, thus it cannot teach error.

Please cite the membership totals YOU think correct, them "lying" about their deeds(?) and cite any context for your diplomatic immunity fixation.

Hurry up, before NASL calls me a blasphemer and a liar again.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414438 Jan 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one claims that people in the Church are perfect, but the Church cannot teach error. They don't claim it-Christ established the Church to teach, thus it cannot teach error.
Please cite the membership totals YOU think correct, them "lying" about their deeds(?) and cite any context for your diplomatic immunity fixation.
I will give you a direct answer. I request same.

Inflated Membership totals...

I am still considered part of the RCC, counted in the 1.13 billion, or whatever the number is.

If anyone does not want to be counted, they must pay a fee to go through a formal de-baptism process.

If people are counted as members, yet they don't go to church, when do they stop being members. Many Euro countries still show as 80% catholic, yet the pew are nearly empty.

The numbers are there for anyone who cares. Links to polls by Pew Research and by Catholic polling organization have been posted here many times. You could easily find if you truly wanted to know.

Lying about deeds....

Please see why Ireland temporarily broke off diplomatic relations with the Vatican last year.

Please see why the government of Belgium raided a Bishop's Conference a few years ago.

More Lying? Either the Vatican's version of the Second Secret of Fatima is a lie, or Mary punished mankind with WW2 for no good reason.

Lying? Why invoke diplomatic immunity if you don't have anything to hide? Context? Numerous court requests for documents.

It's really pointless, because you will filter out anything that goes against your faith. Most people do that.

They call it "faith," not fact? You seem to get confused.

Dan writes: "They don't claim it-Christ established the Church."

That's one interpretation. There are others. But it's only faith, because you have no proof, nothing that would remotely begin to hold up in a court of law.

With no proof, we can only look at real world history and results. After 1600 years, where's the beef.

One question for Dan.

If the church cannot teach error, then what do you call it when the church reverses a previous teaching -- if not error?

Oh I forgot, teachings never "change," they are adjusted as more is revealed.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414439 Jan 10, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
I will give you a direct answer. I request same.
Inflated Membership totals...
I am still considered part of the RCC, counted in the 1.13 billion, or whatever the number is.
If anyone does not want to be counted, they must pay a fee to go through a formal de-baptism process.
If people are counted as members, yet they don't go to church, when do they stop being members. Many Euro countries still show as 80% catholic, yet the pew are nearly empty.
The numbers are there for anyone who cares. Links to polls by Pew Research and by Catholic polling organization have been posted here many times. You could easily find if you truly wanted to know.
Lying about deeds....
Please see why Ireland temporarily broke off diplomatic relations with the Vatican last year.
Please see why the government of Belgium raided a Bishop's Conference a few years ago.
More Lying? Either the Vatican's version of the Second Secret of Fatima is a lie, or Mary punished mankind with WW2 for no good reason.
Lying? Why invoke diplomatic immunity if you don't have anything to hide? Context? Numerous court requests for documents.
It's really pointless, because you will filter out anything that goes against your faith. Most people do that.
They call it "faith," not fact? You seem to get confused.
Dan writes: "They don't claim it-Christ established the Church."
That's one interpretation. There are others. But it's only faith, because you have no proof, nothing that would remotely begin to hold up in a court of law.
With no proof, we can only look at real world history and results. After 1600 years, where's the beef.
One question for Dan.
If the church cannot teach error, then what do you call it when the church reverses a previous teaching -- if not error?
Oh I forgot, teachings never "change," they are adjusted as more is revealed.
According to CARA and the PEW research centre, about 25% of roman catholics attend mandatory sunday mass weekly. 40 years ago those numbers were reversed.

Imagine if only 25% of workers at the FORD MOTOR COMPANY came to work when required?

No wonder they are making bad cars!
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414440 Jan 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, I can see you are replying with good intentions. But like so many, you confuse faith with fact. You have no proof or solid evidence -- which is why it's called faith.

Never has anyone here claimed that people in the RCC should be perfect. That statement is called "deflection."

The ONLY entity that claims any sort of "perfection" is the RCC.

Back to your original analogy....

1... If Ford claimed to make perfect cars, don't you think we should judge them by a higher standard than any other car company?

2... If Ford claimed to make perfect cars, but their cars broke down at the same rate as other car companies, wouldn't you be skeptical of their claim?

If Ford claimed to make perfect cars and offered as "proof" a statement from their own Corporate Mission Statement, would you accept that as proof?

Of course not.

The same holds true for the RCC.

Shouldn't we hold the RCC to a higher standard?

After 1600 years, shouldn't there be some real evidence that the RCC is morally special and unique in many ways?

After 1600 years, shouldn't it be so evident that by now, the Church would be embraced by a majority of mankind?

If Jesus died on the Cross to save mankind, after 1600 years, do you really think that only %5-10% of humanity is all Jesus had in mind?

With "perfect teachings" on morals, shouldn't Catholic-majority societies have much lower crime rates, and better systems of justice? Look at the Americas. What do you see?

In the past 500 years, has the RCC been a leader or a follower with respect to human rights such as equal justice and trial before peers?

Is the Bill of Rights somehow immoral? If not, why would the RCC have been against for so long?

Please tell us -- where's the beef?
truth

Perth, Australia

#414441 Jan 10, 2013
rich people not died..cemetry not exist for them..why is l;ike that?

Rich car never see any mechanic..did they are better then others and how much..no no no mechanic diploma not exist,..why is like that?

o well cheap as chips labour..as well robotic organization..but not for so long no..
byyyyyyyyyyyyy
Did people who past away need car?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#414442 Jan 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ever question the catholic church or Jesus and you are not shelling out to the collection plate, you are a social catholic to them even if you were formerly baptized. That is 2 notches down from an acceptable catholic.
That is why they can call you LIAR!....sorry! thats how it works (lol)
ANTHONY would never call REGINA, CLAY, HOJO, GENED, PRESTON, CATHOLIC MOM... LIARS, and they would never call each other LIARS , even if they were. That is how it works.
Its like the secret society, the FREE MASONS...except there is no secret handshake........but I could be wrong.(lol)
In a nutshell - the honesty they say they have is shielded by religion.

IMO - if they were, in the slightest bit honest with themselves or others - they would not be part of Christianity.

I wonder why they refuse their Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#414443 Jan 10, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. I'm sure you are a reasonable, intelligent person.
But when it comes to your faith -- you like other will spin, deny, and deflect -- all in ways you would never do when dealing with real world matters.
The problem is that there is no evidence, no visible, real-world manifestation of the benefits of the RCC's supposed spiritual superiority.
Do Catholic-majority countries have less crime. Better systems of justice maybe?
Was it the "teacher of perfect morals" that first spoke up against slavery?
Did the Bill of Rights,-- with trial by jury of peers, the right to speedy justice, etc.-- come from that "perfect teacher of morals?
Is it possible that any "perfect teacher" was actually against so many rights that we both view as "moral" today?
In short, where's the beef?
"Where's the beef"
A: Self

It really isn't that hard to understand.

Albuquerque, NM

#414444 Jan 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
How could an offending priest/bishop hear my confession, and give me advice, if they aren't doing it themselves.
Truth, and honesty is the best policy. Its obvious church offenders didn't live by those virtues..........but they tell you to!
This is the crux of this forum.

Brilliant.

Albuquerque, NM

#414445 Jan 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
We must not participate in any practice in God's service unless we find it taught in the gospel. If God's word says to do a thing, we must do it just as He says and not change it.
What does that say, go back and read the whole post.
Uhm - sure.

Is this why you believe men over Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#414446 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Western civilization and the freedom of mankind, yours included, can be demonstrably credited to the Catholic Church. A thank you would be nice.
*watches Anthony pat himself on the back*

Citation please - namely for your statement concerning the CC that you proclaim to be fact.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414447 Jan 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
According to CARA and the PEW research centre, about 25% of roman catholics attend mandatory sunday mass weekly. 40 years ago those numbers were reversed.
Imagine if only 25% of workers at the FORD MOTOR COMPANY came to work when required?
No wonder they are making bad cars!
If the RCC's own polls are correct, then there are are fewer than 300 million practicing Catholics, not 1.13 billion.

Assuming a world population of 7 billion, then the question is:

How effective has Jesus' one-true church been in saving souls?

So far, dying on the cross and appointing the RCC as the "only true church," Jesus' supposed set-up has claimed less than 5% of the world's population.

Conclusion.......

Either the RCC's claim is absurd, or...

Jesus' ultimate sacrifice and church appointment was a bungled job, with a 95% failure rate.

I don't believe any self-respecting God would go through what Jesus did and be satisfied with a 5% success rate.

According to all reason and logic, and according to everything history teaches, I conclude that the RCC's claim is absurd.

Unless someone is born into the RCC, history and reality tell us there's almost no chance of being saved today -- because over 85% of RCC Catholics are born into the faith. Relatively speaking, very few humans born outside the Church somehow "find it" and convert.

I don't believe God is so arbitrary and callous, as to be so concerned about where and into what faith someone is born.

The RCC's claim is absurd on many levels.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No sex with spouse; How long is too long? 5 min Obvious Comment T... 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min mike 602,723
i do sex show/ payment via SKRILL or Paysafecard 8 min Aikifreak 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min RADEKT 262,023
Ebola - Six Reasons to Panic 10 min Your Friends at t... 29
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Stilgar Fifrawi 753,345
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min Tim Osman 118,729
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min onemale 174,520
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 3 hr dubaimassage 121

Top Stories People Search