Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
399,241 - 399,260 of 538,995 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#414389 Jan 9, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Karen!
I don't see where it says he was part-time.
I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. Please be assured of my prayers.
Thank you Regina,he really needs them.

I clicked on where it said blames 14 yrs old and the article came up.

It starts out saying his name and that he is a part time preacher,truck driver.

That a new one on me,lol.

When God calls a man to preach,it's not part time.
raslghul

Prescott, AZ

#414390 Jan 9, 2013
Church on Sundays bombs on Monday
preston

Waverly, OH

#414391 Jan 9, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
and there aint no retirement from His Work either.even at 70, I still want to Preach, not that I got the "preachers itch", but I got to, and that is according to the Word of God.
preston

Waverly, OH

#414392 Jan 9, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>and there aint no retirement from His Work either.even at 70, I still want to Preach, not that I got the "preachers itch", but I got to, and that is according to the Word of God.
But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
preston

Waverly, OH

#414393 Jan 9, 2013
Karen, you have mail
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#414394 Jan 9, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, now I see it. Didn't click on the article the first time, just the little blip on the web site.

I was just looking at a 2012 SBC Compensation Study and it mentions a position of Senior Pastor: Part-Time. If you Google it, part-time preachers/pastors does come up. Although I did see where someone said the same thing you did. I'm thinking some areas might not be able to afford to pay someone full time.
preston

Waverly, OH

#414396 Jan 9, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, now I see it. Didn't click on the article the first time, just the little blip on the web site.
I was just looking at a 2012 SBC Compensation Study and it mentions a position of Senior Pastor: Part-Time. If you Google it, part-time preachers/pastors does come up. Although I did see where someone said the same thing you did. I'm thinking some areas might not be able to afford to pay someone full time.
many preachers are like me, we dont ask for a salary, since we have a full time job. however we also have a full time Pastoring job. I, like others ,have got out of bed to rush to the hospital. stay for hours and then go to my day job. that goes with the job. unlike other churches, we dont have Preaching on Sunday morning, since wives have to go home to prepare dinner, so I preached on Wed night and Sunday night
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#414397 Jan 9, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and you posted it as a response to the ill conceived blanket accusation by the confrinters that Catholic Priests blame the victims and no Protestant preacher would ever do that. Its sick that any person guilty or not would believe that, but the thinking of the mind of a pedophile is something most of us cannot fathom let alone understand.

Well it is a Baptist site saying that. However, I have met Protestant preachers who said they are part time preachers. They say that because they have very small groups and could not sustain themselves unless they had a job. Remember it is their words not mine.

They are not putting forth that term in a derogatory fashion nor are they saying they are not preachers. In the same sense a retired priest is still a priest and may still perform duties provided they are able just may not run a congregation and all the duties and responsibilities that come with it. Nor does it mean they do not believe they are called to service at any time.

Location hidden

#414398 Jan 9, 2013
preston wrote:
Karen, you have mail
Got it.Sent one back.
Loren Eberly

Shelby, OH

#414399 Jan 9, 2013
Donations to Support Celebrating Swearing In President and Elected Officials:

USA Labor Law, The Constitution, and demands of Natural Law: what Mother Nature, God, or Whatever Power decreed to be the reality of the real world, democracy, capitalism, the US Constitution, and free, fair, and affordable commerce and common sense demands.

Demands every Stockholder, corporation, farmer, business, outsourcer sweatshop, and nonprofit, tax-exempt, organization and Church; markets the cost in the wholesale and retail price of his or her product and service; of every worker, consumer, and taxpayer fund Swearing- In President and Elected Officials and celebrating ceremony. With money derived from wages (union contract), pension, investment and independent business profit.

This enables every Stockholder, Business Owner, worker, consumer, and taxpayer to pay healthcare insurance premium or pay healthcare provider. Pay President and Elected Officials wages, healthcare, and pension. And pay ALL taxes and pay for every product and service they use for life. With money derived from wages (union contract), pension, investment profit, and independent business profit.

And enables every parent to educate, love, nurse, nurture, discipline, protect, and provide; for every child (job) they conceive. And fund schools, infrastructure, local and national security, government services, and etc.; with money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

Location hidden

#414400 Jan 9, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it's different down here out in the boonies Regina.
That's why I had never heard of that.
My father in law was a full time pastor and he also farmed.
He still preaches if the Lord leads him to.
He didn't get paid to pastor the church.
He wouldn't have wanted pay.

They usually would take up money for his Christmas gift and buy him new tires,but that's it.

He pastored our church for many years.
He's now 79 yrs old.

Most pastors around here work a job,pastor a church and do the duties of a pastor.

I'm not a member of the SBC.
Just so you know.

I think they may pay their pastors.

Location hidden

#414401 Jan 9, 2013
Good night y'all.

United States

#414402 Jan 9, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Islam is peace -- just a few bad Muslims.
Roman Catholicism is perfect moral teachings -- just a few bad Priests.
Hello? Anyone there?
-
I hear you Free Mind ...
-
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not familiar with Islam.
If a teaching is correct, and you don't follow it and get a bad result, is it the fault of the teacher or the student?
If I ignore the Pythagorean Theorem and blow a Math test as a result, is the theorem wrong? No.
-
Pythagoras aside ...
-
FIRST AND FOREMOST ..one must listen to the Teacher!
-
But - what if the teacher is wrong? THAT is what Free Mind is saying.
If the teacher is WRONG he can't possibly teach the truth.
-
JESUS CHRIST IS THE GOOD TEACHER. Nobody else.
-
Jesus SAID, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
-
Jesus SAID, "Call NO MAN your FATHER!"
-
Jesus said, "Love your neighbor as yourself."
-
-
Catholic Church said, "Call priests and pope your father."
Catholic Church said, "Torture heretics."
We get Catholicism as a result.
Inquisition.
Pedophile protection ring - worldwide.
-
-
Muhammad said - There is no God but Allah.
We get Islam and Jihad.
Bloody war in the name of God.
-
-
The teacher HAS to be a GOOD TEACHER, and the teacher HAS to tell the truth. Otherwise the "lesson learned" is a lie.
-
IF YOU IGNORE WHAT THE GOOD TEACHER, JESUS CHRIST TAUGHT - you don't just blow a math test.
-
You blow everlasting life.
-
Right out of the starting gate, Catholics ignore what Jesus taught.
-
"Call no man your Father."
And it only goes downhill from there.
-
Now all you Catholics (when trying to dismiss the pedophilia) say that nobody is perfect so, "therefore", it is to be expected when priests screw up ---- but you keep listening to the teachings of the church, which is imperfect.
-
and you DON'T listen to Jesus Christ who WAS perfect.
"Call no man your Father."
Jesus Christ said that for a reason.
truth

Perth, Australia

#414403 Jan 9, 2013
very nice tv reprepresent my fish symbol.
i see a just like that..

skrge za disanje gdje su one..ispod mora ili vode

odakle se cista riba=ljuske koje idu u suporotnom smjeru sa repa..ljuske su nevidljive as satelite..
treba da objasnite sve symbole djecice..

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#414404 Jan 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Western civilization and the freedom of mankind, yours included, can be demonstrably credited to the Catholic Church. A thank you would be nice.
A thank you? for WHAT?
Romanism gave us nothing. Nothing but tyranny, lies, demonstrative arrogance, sexual depravity, torture, and murder.
God-accursed romanism is to be thanked for nothing.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#414405 Jan 9, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
I humbly ask you all to pray for my brother who lives in Ohio.
We found out he has pancreas cancer.
It doesn't look good but I know that God is in full control.
His son,my nephew died last month.
Please keep us all in your prayers.
Hi FOL -- I certainly will keep him in my prayers, AND YOU.
I am so sorry to hear this.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#414406 Jan 9, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>many preachers are like me, we dont ask for a salary, since we have a full time job. however we also have a full time Pastoring job. I, like others ,have got out of bed to rush to the hospital. stay for hours and then go to my day job. that goes with the job. unlike other churches, we dont have Preaching on Sunday morning, since wives have to go home to prepare dinner, so I preached on Wed night and Sunday night
I didn't know you're a preacher. No matter what religion you are, I'm sure your job is rewarding.
truth

Perth, Australia

#414407 Jan 9, 2013
anthony you are wrong you pray as huhu hu hu chu chu chu its train..but hu hu hu is asplug trough car..apchi ha huuuuu..kijavica..usna i nosna supljina za disanje disni organi..sto izlazi kroz ausplug
au s plug p lug=ash=sagorjevanje a sto sagorjeva unutar auspluga..koja tvorevina..neko tko je pobiberio nesto..mora da neki recept za kuhanje koga ili cega..
tvari koje sagorjevaju i djeluju stetno a ispustaju se hu hu hu hu chu chu chu hu hu hu huuuuuuuu
apsihaaaaaaaaaa huuuuuuuuuuuuuh..

poem
vjetar piri
sve se siri
pirisiri
P 9999
I=9 9999
http://quizlet.com/16104468/icd-9-cm-codescpt...
vjetar ili wind represent what

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#414408 Jan 9, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>and there aint no retirement from His Work either.even at 70, I still want to Preach, not that I got the "preachers itch", but I got to, and that is according to the Word of God.
I totally respect what you're doing. I especially like the fact you're a little older than I...I'm 67.

You certainly have an admirable vocation and I wish you continued success.
truth

Perth, Australia

#414409 Jan 9, 2013
http://www.google.com.au/search...

WHO IS LIAR PAINS ON FIRE
WHY I SAY THAT
AS PETER PAN
DOBAR DAN

now poor Anthony is going give -2 going to satisfactory..
+2..just past not drop year in school diploma

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 min tamil 5,319
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min River Tam 733,036
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min eduardomanalo 117,973
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min Tuco Blondie 226,358
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr Falcon 743
Appjoy invite code 1 hr Ananas123678 45
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ1 36,751
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 599,943
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Blck 106
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Dr_Zorderz 258,000
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••