Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
399,221 - 399,240 of 536,750 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
fred

Piedmont, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

My heavenly father is not a god....And you will cause them to forget my name....

His name Is Yahweh man changed his name and made him A god.......he is not a god never was never will be but for mortal man....who really knows who you are worshiping by your god worship it could be any and every god but you are not worshiping the creator.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you would rather have "Paul", "John", and "Matthew" authorities than "God".
Why don't you believe Jesus?
We must not participate in any practice in God's service unless we find it taught in the gospel. If God's word says to do a thing, we must do it just as He says and not change it.

What does that say, go back and read the whole post.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that these cases are everywhere but the difference is you Regina continue to financially support the catholic church correct?
And do you think your money has in the past or continues to pay for lawsuits?
She must get a blessing outof it since she continues to do it. However the blessing she gets is from satan not Christ.
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM
God is the Authority.
The Bible is the standard.
When you interpret the Bible according to some "Principle". One must define the "Principle". In your case it would be best to say that you understand the Bible in a historically real sense, a morally responsible sense, and as a God-breathed(inspired) spiritual sense....
Secondly, when you make a list of Bible principles, it is "YOU", or someone you follow, that has made the list of principles. This necessarily invalidates the Bible Authority. One could randomly pick out some scriptures and apply them in any way, and say, "The Bible's Authority declares it so, when in fact it is the person making the list who is the "Authority".
Here is the problem. If the Bible is the Authority, then you can't fly on a jet, drive a car, watch tv, or use a computer. Why? Because your Authority said nothing, and you cannot assume anything.
I don't interpret the Bible, I read the word and what it says.
I have learned over the years to read word for word, if I don't understand it the first time, I re read it.
Also we have got to remember when we read the Bible, we are talking about a different time, and a different culture.
That is a bad example Rob, because like reading the Bible these things can be learned.
I don't watch the garbage that is on T.V. and I love my computer.
I have studied the Bible for many years. and I am still learning many things about it.
Do you know something Rob I can sit down and read any book and can't remember the paper I just read, but for some reason the Bible I do.
It can the living word Rob, God Gave it to the world, Catholic's got it all wrong.
The Bible clearly says
'FOR GOD SO LOVES THE WORLD HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON." IT DOESN'T SAY GOD SO LOVE THE CATHOLIC'S HE DIE FOR JUST THEM.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND YOU ROB IS I BELEIVE JESUS ALONE SAVES, NOT MY DENOMINATION, OR A POPE, OR MARY, OR ANYONE, OR ANY THING ELSE.
BEFORE I EVEN PICKED UP A BIBLE TO READ I WAS PRAYING TO GOD, I WAS 3 WHEN I FIRST SANG A SONG THAT WAS TAUGHT TO ME IN A ORPHANAGE BY A MAN IN A WHEEL CHAIR WHO CAME EVERY SUNDAY."\IT GOES LIKE THIS .

"DO YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE BORN AGAIN'
DOES THE SPIRIT DWELL WITH IN AND CONVICT YOU OF YOUR SIN.
ARE YOU READY IF THE LORD SHOULD COME,
DO YOU KNOW WITH OUT A DOUBT ,
THAT YOUR SIN WHERE BOUGHT WITH BLOOD,
DO YOU KNOW WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT
KNOW IF YOU BEEN BORN AGAIN.
I BELONG TO JESUS, THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE TEACHER OF ALL TRUTHS.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
By supporting the leader of your SDA cult you are equally guilty of all the sins he/she commits.
Happy Festivus!
Why do you think everu gentile that keeps the Sabbath is a member of the SDA or J.W.? Not so they are keeping it because it is the Lords Day of rest and a commandment made for man from the first week of creation and a sign as to which God they acknowledge and are serving.
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM
God is the Authority.
The Bible is the standard.
When you interpret the Bible according to some "Principle". One must define the "Principle". In your case it would be best to say that you understand the Bible in a historically real sense, a morally responsible sense, and as a God-breathed(inspired) spiritual sense....
Secondly, when you make a list of Bible principles, it is "YOU", or someone you follow, that has made the list of principles. This necessarily invalidates the Bible Authority. One could randomly pick out some scriptures and apply them in any way, and say, "The Bible's Authority declares it so, when in fact it is the person making the list who is the "Authority".
Here is the problem. If the Bible is the Authority, then you can't fly on a jet, drive a car, watch tv, or use a computer. Why? Because your Authority said nothing, and you cannot assume anything.
Your post is really puzzeling Rob, by whose authority do you, tell me I can't possibley read and understand the Bible.
Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me.
What do you think that means Rob, do you not believe that God is able to teach His church (WHICH ARE PEOPLE) THROUGH HIS HOLY SPIRIT, WHY DO YOU PUT DOUBT IN PEOPLE, WHY DO YOU DENY THE POWER OF ALMIGHTY GOD.
REV 3 READ IT ROB, GOD OPENS DOORS NO MAN CAN CLOSE, AND SHUTS THE DOORS NO MAN CAN OPEN.
FARTHER MORE I THINK YOU ARE TRYING TO BLOCK THE CATHOLIC PEOPLES WAY TO GODS THRONE ROOM PAST THE VEIL THAT WAS TORE IN TWO FROM TOP TO BOTTOM WHEN JESUS DIED ON THE CROSS, IT MEANS THE EARTHLY PRIEST HOOD IS DONE WITH.
WE HAVE A HOLY HIGH PRIEST HIS NAME IS JESUS, AND ALL WHO HAVE BEEN WASH IN THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB BELONGS TO THAT ROYAL PRIESTHOOD.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
So where do we find the results this RCC moral superiority?
Why did the perfect teacher on morals wait until the 19th century to formerly condemn slavery?
We hear all the talk, but where do we see the RCC's supposed superior relations with God actually manifested in the real world?
Holy Diplomatic Immunity!
Western civilization and the freedom of mankind, yours included, can be demonstrably credited to the Catholic Church. A thank you would be nice.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you think everu gentile that keeps the Sabbath is a member of the SDA or J.W.? Not so they are keeping it because it is the Lords Day of rest and a commandment made for man from the first week of creation and a sign as to which God they acknowledge and are serving.
You can keep the Sabbath on Saturday if you want, nobody's giving you any grief over it.

However, are you ok with Christians designating Sunday as our day of worship?
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is really puzzeling Rob, by whose authority do you, tell me I can't possibley read and understand the Bible.
What do you think that means Rob, do you not believe that God is able to teach His church (WHICH ARE PEOPLE) THROUGH HIS HOLY SPIRIT, WHY DO YOU PUT DOUBT IN PEOPLE, WHY DO YOU DENY THE POWER OF ALMIGHTY GOD.
REV 3 READ IT ROB, GOD OPENS DOORS NO MAN CAN CLOSE, AND SHUTS THE DOORS NO MAN CAN OPEN.
FARTHER MORE I THINK YOU ARE TRYING TO BLOCK THE CATHOLIC PEOPLES WAY TO GODS THRONE ROOM PAST THE VEIL THAT WAS TORE IN TWO FROM TOP TO BOTTOM WHEN JESUS DIED ON THE CROSS, IT MEANS THE EARTHLY PRIEST HOOD IS DONE WITH.
WE HAVE A HOLY HIGH PRIEST HIS NAME IS JESUS, AND ALL WHO HAVE BEEN WASH IN THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB BELONGS TO THAT ROYAL PRIESTHOOD.
"As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are certain things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, to their own destruction."

And you are certainly unlearned and unstable.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't interpret the Bible, I read the word and what it says.
I have learned over the years to read word for word, if I don't understand it the first time, I re read it.
Also we have got to remember when we read the Bible, we are talking about a different time, and a different culture.
That is a bad example Rob, because like reading the Bible these things can be learned.
I don't watch the garbage that is on T.V. and I love my computer.
I have studied the Bible for many years. and I am still learning many things about it.
Do you know something Rob I can sit down and read any book and can't remember the paper I just read, but for some reason the Bible I do.
It can the living word Rob, God Gave it to the world, Catholic's got it all wrong.
The Bible clearly says
'FOR GOD SO LOVES THE WORLD HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON." IT DOESN'T SAY GOD SO LOVE THE CATHOLIC'S HE DIE FOR JUST THEM.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND YOU ROB IS I BELEIVE JESUS ALONE SAVES, NOT MY DENOMINATION, OR A POPE, OR MARY, OR ANYONE, OR ANY THING ELSE.
BEFORE I EVEN PICKED UP A BIBLE TO READ I WAS PRAYING TO GOD, I WAS 3 WHEN I FIRST SANG A SONG THAT WAS TAUGHT TO ME IN A ORPHANAGE BY A MAN IN A WHEEL CHAIR WHO CAME EVERY SUNDAY."\IT GOES LIKE THIS .
"DO YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE BORN AGAIN'
DOES THE SPIRIT DWELL WITH IN AND CONVICT YOU OF YOUR SIN.
ARE YOU READY IF THE LORD SHOULD COME,
DO YOU KNOW WITH OUT A DOUBT ,
THAT YOUR SIN WHERE BOUGHT WITH BLOOD,
DO YOU KNOW WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT
KNOW IF YOU BEEN BORN AGAIN.
I BELONG TO JESUS, THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE TEACHER OF ALL TRUTHS.
LTM good friend

I agree. There isn't much on tv anymore that I watch.

And yet we all have our cultural biases. For you, remembering the "old days", is like so many of us. I do watch on tv "Joy of Music", by Diane Bish, as she plays the organ, and so many of the hymns she plays bring me back to my youth.

That being said, one must not make the past a "utopia". As we must pray to deal with today's temptations, and be delivered from evil.

I am not a subscriber to the rather strict sense of the RCC giving the Bible. Yes it is true that the Church was the organizer, and preserved it through the ages(I am speaking mainly of the N.T.) in this respect. But it is mainly in how one views what the Church is, and not our distorted view of the past.

I spend about 2 hours of Bible read/study and praying the Bible a day. I find, it a joy, when I can meditate on just a word or two in the Bible(known as lectio divina).

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM

I didn't say not to read the Bible. I did not say not to seek understanding the Bible.

Rather, it is God who is the Author, and Authority of the Bible.(Not our minds, or our understanding.)

Actually, I am trying to understand the views of orthodoxy from the effects of philosophy and culture on Christianity through time.

More specifically; the relationship of the "will/free-will" in early Christianity towards sin, and the understanding of this relationship through time to the present.

The reason is to find "common" ground upon which the Christians might reconcile differences....

In a sense we must confess we are all sinners, and have strayed.

Obviously, there is only One Foundation, Jesus.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

I humbly ask you all to pray for my brother who lives in Ohio.

We found out he has pancreas cancer.
It doesn't look good but I know that God is in full control.

His son,my nephew died last month.

Please keep us all in your prayers.
Alien Outlaw

Virginia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never promised it would be easy.
If you are with 2 or 3 people talking about the Lord you are the Church of Christ come together in His HOly Name, there He will be also.
I never miss an oppotunity to talk about Jesus.
The question we are worried about....Does he answer back...do you hear him talk......if yes. Dilusional skitzo....meds will help. Anyway, why would such a powerful and almighty guy let his son walk on water, split the sea and wear a crown of thorns? Its ok, we know the answer..........fantasy world!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM
I didn't say not to read the Bible. I did not say not to seek understanding the Bible.
Rather, it is God who is the Author, and Authority of the Bible.(Not our minds, or our understanding.)
Actually, I am trying to understand the views of orthodoxy from the effects of philosophy and culture on Christianity through time.
More specifically; the relationship of the "will/free-will" in early Christianity towards sin, and the understanding of this relationship through time to the present.
The reason is to find "common" ground upon which the Christians might reconcile differences....
In a sense we must confess we are all sinners, and have strayed.
Obviously, there is only One Foundation, Jesus.
1 Cor. 3:11 - Jesus is called the only foundation of the Church, and yet in Eph. 2:20, the apostles are called the foundation of the Church. Similarly, in 1 Peter 2:25, Jesus is called the Shepherd of the flock, but in Acts 20:28, the apostles are called the shepherds of the flock. These verses show that there are multiple metaphors for the Church, and that words used by the inspired writers of Scripture can have various meanings. Catholics agree that God is the rock of the Church, but this does not mean He cannot confer this distinction upon Peter as well, to facilitate the unity He desires for the Church.

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/the_church.h...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Vern Daugherty (pastor of New Hope Baptist Church in Crossville, TN): At the sentencing hearing for a fellow pastor who admitted guilt on a child sex charge, PASTOR DAUGHERTY PUBLICLY ATTACKED AND TRASHED THE 14-YEAR-OLD VICTIM.
http://stopbaptistpredators.org/collusion_ind...
Regina,

Never heard of a part time precher before.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
So where do we find the results this RCC moral superiority?
Why did the perfect teacher on morals wait until the 19th century to formerly condemn slavery?
We hear all the talk, but where do we see the RCC's supposed superior relations with God actually manifested in the real world?
Holy Diplomatic Immunity!
-
-
Anthony MN wrote:
Western civilization and the freedom of mankind, yours included, can be demonstrably credited to the Catholic Church. A thank you would be nice.
-
LOL!
THIS is about as insane as it gets, Anthony!*Western civilization*? attributed to the RCC? NOTHING could be further from the truth!
From the time of Constantine on .. the Western world has been embroiled in wars *credited* to the Catholic Church.
-
and as if that were not enough, the RCC has sole *credit* for the following!
-
Inquisitions:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition
http://www.gotquestions.org/inquisitions.html
-
Torture:
as sanctioned by the POPE himself ...Torture could be used after 1252. On May 15, Pope Innocent IV issued a papal bull entitled Ad exstirpanda, which authorized the use of torture by inquisitors.

https://www.google.com/search...
-
Pedophilia:
this page has a nice 'graphic' showing the international dimension of problem:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abu...
-
-
"Freedom of mankind" - according to the Catholic Church - is being a subject of the Catholic church.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

good info
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina,
Never heard of a part time precher before.
Hi, Karen!

I don't see where it says he was part-time.

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. Please be assured of my prayers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>what is not being realized by some catholics is this: we go to church on Sunday and weeknight, usually arriving around 20 minutes or so before and socalize, church starts and when it ends, people go home.
now this is in small country churches, so children are with their parents at ALL times, and we dont have the problem that others might have,and if karen was on here she would agree that this is probably the same at her country church.
Yes it is the same.
The children are with their parents all the time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>and you have probably seen this happen before. someone suggests that children be taken downstairs, and have their own service, because they disrupt the adult service.
this idea in our churches is stopped immediately for one simple reason, these children are part of our church, and need to learn how to act and conduct themselves in church.
that is how we do it and I believe it is the correct way to honor God in our Worship Service. children NEED to hear the Word of God being preached and testifed to.
that is my opinion and I STAND by it.
I agree.
Shoot,we aint even got a downstairs in our church.

My children sat right beside me in church.They were taught how to behave and to listen to the word being preached.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

350 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 11 min andet1987 409
What is the origin of Joe Blow ? 16 min andet1987 1
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 17 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,132
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min dirty white boy- 729,197
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min MUQ1 259,007
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 30 min Naveen kumar 829
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 33 min RiccardoFire 36,686
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 48 min Tim Osman 117,679
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 172,881
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr Juvia Loxar 101
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••