Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600137 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#413933 Jan 8, 2013
you are attacking belivers
who is belivers..alive church prayers

others not..
now you can't hide your evil jelouse don't you..

in name of Jesus Christ
God of truth+
Alive holy God+
Immortal God+
nesretni zmaju i legijo sotonska
prestani varati ljudska bica i prosipati otrov pogibelji vjecne
ustupi mjesto Kristu
gdje su podlozni svi cherubini sefrafini
svet svet svet gospodin Bog

United States

#413934 Jan 8, 2013
Aviela wrote:
Hello everyone, can someone tell me what is Eucharist. Thank you.
-
-
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Eucharist = Holy Communion ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucharist
Catholics live for Holy Communion. They believe it is what makes the Roman Catholic church the "true" church ... that, and Apostolic Succession.
-
I should say "so called" Apostolic Succession, because Peter was NOT the first Pope.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#413935 Jan 8, 2013
Aviela wrote:
It is a cannabilistic ritual of the catholic church and not the view that Christian have of the Lords Supper that we do in remeberance of what Christ done for the salvation of man kind when he died on the cross.

United States

#413936 Jan 8, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>It is a cannabilistic ritual of the catholic church and not the view that Christian have of the Lords Supper that we do in remeberance of what Christ done for the salvation of man kind when he died on the cross.
-
Yes.
Catholics believe they are eating the literal body and drinking the literal blood of Jesus Christ.
-
I was disabused of the Catholic Church when a friend quoted to me: Matthew 23:9 ... call no man your Father ... And since that is the first thing the Catholic Church insists on, I knew immediately that it could not be the true church.
-
Catholics think they (fallible men) can change even the words that Jesus Christ himself spoke.
-
If Jesus said it, I think it holds FAAAAAAR more weight than any conflicting statement a fallible pope says.... so they jump through hoops "inventing" new doctrine, and dogma ... Ex cathedra.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibil...
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#413937 Jan 8, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> So sad:o( Poor victims.
Yes, it is sad. This is only 4 years and doesnt count the landmark US case and the many more in progress in Canada. No church or school is immune and those who deny it deny reality. The recent 28 million in the US is about to open an avalanche in Canada. May God weed out all this filth wherever they may be.

December 1, 2012

AUSTRALIA

A $3 Billion class action lawsuit is being launched in Australia on behalf of up to 6,160 children within the Church of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Documents relating to the class action reveal over 14,000 serious criminal breaches of mandatory child protection laws, committed against these children by elders and “ministers of religion” within the Church of Jehovah’s Witnesses over the past 4 years.

The Victorian government “Inquiry into the Handling of Child Abuse by Religions and other Organisations” is currently investigating the allegations, and is expected to hold a public hearing in relation to this in early 2013.

http://jwnewsnetwork.wordpress.com/2012/12/01...
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#413938 Jan 8, 2013
Antichrist from Turkey. Obama lies!

A must watch !!!!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#413939 Jan 8, 2013
Aviela wrote:
The 'eucharist' is the false title given by the papal religion to the sham of the Lord's Table.
They falsely claim their wafer actually becomes Christ's flesh, and the wine becomes 'His actual blood'.... a fable they call 'transubstantiation'.

The false belief in a eucharist (or 'changed appearance of the hosts) was instituted by an old romanist pope (Innocent IIIrd), who demanded ALL parishioners would believe the lie under 'pain of excommunication and death by burning at the stake as a heretic'.

Location hidden

#413940 Jan 8, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Is everyone clueless today?
Meaning????

What Span said is true. The bible does NOT support the lies and false teachings of romanism.

Location hidden

#413941 Jan 8, 2013
preston wrote:
G/N.
been a sad day for me. I lost a good friend who died from a stroke last night. his wife was one of my church members who prayed often for her companion. remember that family in your prayers.
I am truly sorry to hear this, Preston.

Location hidden

#413942 Jan 8, 2013
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Su-ck my hard black stool.....Catholic Sodomizer.
Clean up the potty mouth, please.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#413943 Jan 8, 2013
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413944 Jan 8, 2013
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413945 Jan 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
Yes.
Catholics believe they are eating the literal body and drinking the literal blood of Jesus Christ.
-
I was disabused of the Catholic Church when a friend quoted to me: Matthew 23:9 ... call no man your Father ... And since that is the first thing the Catholic Church insists on, I knew immediately that it could not be the true church.
-
Catholics think they (fallible men) can change even the words that Jesus Christ himself spoke.
-
If Jesus said it, I think it holds FAAAAAAR more weight than any conflicting statement a fallible pope says.... so they jump through hoops "inventing" new doctrine, and dogma ... Ex cathedra.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibil...
You have great thinking skills. I've been asking this question. Why do CC call imperfect men fathers when the Bible clearly says not too. My question goes ignored.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#413946 Jan 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote..
I almost came on this forum again (well, I did for this post anyway) but, the moment I logged on, I saw mike talking about child sexual abuse again. Between Free and him, there were 43 posts in 8hrs about child sexual abuse so far. There was more yesterday. By the time this day is over... they will have accumulated over 100 posts just about child sexual abuse.
Your fretting about the expose of the R CC perverted priest..
begs the question..
Just how many innocent children have been sodomized by a perverted
priest in the time you spent being insulted because their predators, are being exposed...
Question...JUST WHO'S SIDE ARE YOU ON ANYWAY...
THE BIBLE SAYS
Mat_15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Mar_7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
THE HEART OF YOUR
CHURCH IS BEING EXPOSED...and it should be/will be a painful operation.
IT ALSO SAYS
Luk 12:2 For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.
Luk 12:3 Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.
THEY HAVE LIVED IT UP!..Now they//YOU have to live it down!
You evidently need to face reality
I'm not seeing a lot of 'reality' in this thread. Especially not in your posts.
<3
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413947 Jan 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is sad. This is only 4 years and doesnt count the landmark US case and the many more in progress in Canada. No church or school is immune and those who deny it deny reality. The recent 28 million in the US is about to open an avalanche in Canada. May God weed out all this filth wherever they may be.
December 1, 2012
AUSTRALIA
A $3 Billion class action lawsuit is being launched in Australia on behalf of up to 6,160 children within the Church of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Documents relating to the class action reveal over 14,000 serious criminal breaches of mandatory child protection laws, committed against these children by elders and “ministers of religion” within the Church of Jehovah’s Witnesses over the past 4 years.
The Victorian government “Inquiry into the Handling of Child Abuse by Religions and other Organisations” is currently investigating the allegations, and is expected to hold a public hearing in relation to this in early 2013.
http://jwnewsnetwork.wordpress.com/2012/12/01...
I don't not deny or close my eyes as to believe that molestation happens only in the CC. Molestation happens in EVERY demomination the difference is if one of our brothers is found out that he has been molesting he goes to jail and gets disfellowshiped. We don't send them off to hide in other countries.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413948 Jan 8, 2013
Correction: I do not deny....
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#413949 Jan 8, 2013
We even have publications that teach our children to tell their parents if someone is touching them innapropietly, how to try and get away from a pervert. None denies that this happens in all demonitions but like I said: if found out the person will get disfellowshiped and the parents have the obligation to turn the perve into the police. How each parent handles the situation I can't speak for them. Everyone reacts different some parents don't believe their kids and others do.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#413950 Jan 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
FOLLOW: Fox News, The Pope, Video, Catholic Church Scandals, Pope Benedict XVI Scandals, Catholic, Church, Corrupt Churches, Corruption, Religion, Scandal, Vatican, Vatican Corruption, Religion News
Huge institutions, struggling with corruption and suffering historic crises of legitimacy, are becoming all too commonplace these days. Could the same fate befall the largest Christian denomination in the world?
Recently, Catholics -- including Chris Matthews -- have worried that the power of government could destroy the authority of the Church. At a time when institutional corruption worldwide has become a strong source of disillusionment and anger, concerns are growing that the Vatican is in danger of losing its own authority.
With a host of scandals and no hope of a bailout, the Vatican is working to regain its footing by showing a willingness to play by modern rules. For example, the Holy See has hired a Fox News correspondent to run its communications shop.
Is a more corporate approach the Catholic Church's silver bullet?
Can the Vatican right its ship without radically reforming its power structure, or is it time for sweeping change at the top?
What happens to religion if churches are perceived as just as corrupt as big institutions in the secular world?
nothing would happen to religion itself,as far as churches go what does it matter what happens to them?,you don't need them to believe what you believe is the truth about god/jesus,back before any churches were built people prayed to god in their houses,back yards and even in town squares,if you have a bible a complete unedited bible you have no need for a church,you can read passages just as well as any priest,bishop,pope etc.can,since your here typing, that tells me you know how to read and write and think logically,what else do you need to believe in what your interpretation is about god/jesus? by attending church/es your feeding a money making buisness,that's all they are,each individual church takes portions of the scriptures phrases it in their words, and tries to get you to believe they tell the true story of what god/jesus is/was trying to tell us as far as living our lives goes,some went so far as to kill and torture people into believing in their church,does that sound right to you?stop and think about it,do you really need a church to get you into heaven? or isn't it good enough to read the scriptures follow gods path and you will be in heaven andd it won't cost you a dime,the only expense will be for buying a bible,which you don't have to do anymore really thanks to the internet,everything is you need to know is on line.any questions you have you can find on line,so what purpose does a church really serve? besides taking your money.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#413951 Jan 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>nothing would happen to religion itself,as far as churches go what does it matter what happens to them?,you don't need them to believe what you believe is the truth about god/jesus,back before any churches were built people prayed to god in their houses,back yards and even in town squares,if you have a bible a complete unedited bible you have no need for a church,you can read passages just as well as any priest,bishop,pope etc.can,since your here typing, that tells me you know how to read and write and think logically,what else do you need to believe in what your interpretation is about god/jesus? by attending church/es your feeding a money making buisness,that's all they are,each individual church takes portions of the scriptures phrases it in their words, and tries to get you to believe they tell the true story of what god/jesus is/was trying to tell us as far as living our lives goes,some went so far as to kill and torture people into believing in their church,does that sound right to you?stop and think about it,do you really need a church to get you into heaven? or isn't it good enough to read the scriptures follow gods path and you will be in heaven andd it won't cost you a dime,the only expense will be for buying a bible,which you don't have to do anymore really thanks to the internet,everything is you need to know is on line.any questions you have you can find on line,so what purpose does a church really serve? besides taking your money.
One may read the Bible for himself. However, the Bible says "do not forsake the assembling of yourselves together". The assembly of Christians IS the local church. It is in this assembly that we learn to fellowship. It is where we can be taught by elders, and it is where we can share that knowledge with younger ones.

The Bible also instructs us to bring all of the tithe into the storehouse (church), and to bring offerings, "so that there may be meat (provision) in My house." God will provide the needs of those who honor Him with their substance.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#413952 Jan 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
For the Catholic The Confessional and The Eucharist is a sort of "get out of jail, free" card. It keeps them in good standing with the church, so in a way, apologies to the victims is of no consequence.
I am sure Cardinal Law is comfy in his retirement. He's the dude that covered up for John Geoghan and then the Pope went and gave him a new job in Vatican City. So, the Pope covered up for Law. I wonder if the Pope heard Law's confession about his covering up for Geoghan? Sounds like a conspiracy to me.
-
In fact, Cardinal Law accused a victim of Geoghan's!
"the plaintiff (McSorley) was not in the exercise of due care, but rather the negligence of the plaintiff contributed to cause the injury or damage complained of ..." how sickening! Cardinal Law basically accused a child of seducing a priest! a 12 year old ... seducing a grown man? Oh please!
http://www.vachss.com/help_text/archive/law_a...
-
No. The robes do not make them holy men, but the priests actually think the church does. Go figure!
This is why that the CC attacks on Protestants are useless. Show me ONE Protestant offender whose overseer's protected him. And show me one such offender who took communion and was absolved of his crime...

And while you are at it...show me a child that seduces a pedefile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Buck Crick 865,710
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 11 min Dutch 130
The Christian Atheist debate 11 min Lbj 2,050
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 13 min Burke Devlin 33,185
Native American lives MATTER 49 min Burke Devlin 4
Poppy Seed Tom's LOL! (May '14) 53 min melody 26
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr AntiqueAnnie 612,920
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 11 hr cute94 465
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 20 hr Victoria Bologna 7,504
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 21 hr andy 45
More from around the web