Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650554 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#414067 Jan 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument doesn't hold water.
History affirms that it was the Church which kept Islam out of Europe and therefore the discovery of the Americas and therefore the colonization of North Amercia by Europeans and therefore the establishment of the USA and the Constitution and therefore your's and the other posters freedom to sit in front of a computer today and disagree with me and history.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414068 Jan 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Becoming aware of a problem and reacting to it by creating safeguards to stop the problem is the right thing to do.
Now, if we're dealing with ignorant morons who think the Church didn't want to protect children and only did it to keep from getting sued, well, there's not much I can say to them, they aren't really sincere Christians.
Chuck, why would you need to worry about protecting children in your home 'church' if you would never allow anyone who would do such a thing?
I use to coach baseball and basketball with a friend of mine at a catholic school. When charges came out against priests it was then that anyone involved with children had to go through a program and they put policies in place as well. In the 25 years at the catholic church, I'd never seen anything like it. So why didn't the church have these programs and policies in place before the charges came out?
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#414069 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Regina...not apart of SBC...but thanks.
My mistake.

Then what? I mean since you have no sinners in your worship community, I'd think you'd like to share the information.
MICHAEL

Canada

#414070 Jan 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
WHEN YOU PAINT ALL CHRISTIANS WITH SUCH A BROAD BUSH...YOU HAVE GONE TO FAR.
Being a Christian is a personal position...between that one person and God...
Since the Roman Catholics here have stated, "that they do not believe in a personal relationship with God. that they must be a part of their (So CALLED) church , they are part and party to it's sins, and share a corporate guilt, with/for it's sins.
BUT
There are billions of born again Christians, that attend a Church
and worship there... have a personal relationship WITH CHRIST and a personal standard OF HOLINESS set by the Bible.
These are the true strength of Christianity on the earth, AND THE ONE'S THAT WILL BE TAKEN UP IN THE BRIDE OF CHRIST.
You missed my point.

Line up all the BAD clerics in all religions, not line up all religions.

Get rid of all the perverted ones and the ones who covered up to.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#414071 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
it could happen in our church but we did not put policies in place because we got caught. your church did and you know it.
Actually we did have policies in place before, but they were outdated and new technology as well as substantially increased knowledge and awareness of the profile of sexual predators allowed us to put in place a policy that is better than any large organization on the planet. Yours included.

Saying we only did it because we got "caught" implies we just wanted to avoid getting sued in the future and don't care about the safety of children. If that's your position, our conversation is over.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#414072 Jan 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
KEEP UP YOUR EFFORT...ENJOY YOURSELF AND DIG UP AS MUCH DIRT AS YOU PLEASE...keep rooting around in your mire...
Ever since you came on this forum, Confrinting, you have done (nothing BUT "dig up" and spread your anti-catholic dirt, pollution and judgemental and condemning "muck"! Now that the "shoe is on the other foot" and the TRUTH of your Protestant "bible only" sin polluted denominations is un-covered, it finally begins to show what a "hypocrite" you really are,preaching your "goody two shoes" (perfect) ministry ---"THE FACT IS THAT YOU JUST CAN'T TAKE --- the TRUTH of the TRUE heat"---that is "exposing your own hypocricy, sweeping "your own dirt" under the rug and (hiding behind) a bunch of "mis-interpreted, self-interpreted and self-opinionated bible verses that are polluted and inundated with "anti-catholic hate and heresy.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414073 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
My mistake.
Then what? I mean since you have no sinners in your worship community, I'd think you'd like to share the information.
Oh come on now Regina...I never said we didn't have sinners.

So if your parish was involved in a molestation lawsuit would you contiue to support them financially?
MICHAEL

Canada

#414074 Jan 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually not all protestant ecclesiastical unions have insurance. Some have been denied, some have been dropped and others think they dont need it, because they deny that it could ever happpen in their church or dont believe in it. However the truth is some of those were destroyed in settlements that made them bankrupt. That is the bigger problem (denial it exists in their churches) and pshchologists have pointed that out. Many of them simply have no polcy. You know the not in my church mentality. That never happens to born agains routine. You have seen it over and over in here havent you? They werent really saved. ;0 The insurance statistics that have been published by major media do not fare well for Protestants and only include the 3 major companies who offer it. Those reports cited also excluded churches of largely black population, therefore it would largely inflate the Protestant number of cases. The point I have always made is I dont really care which denonimation has more what I do care about is people who try to deny it does or could ever exist in their midst so they do nothing and just point fingers at others. In the end nothing can be accomplished by those who think that way other then to foment hatred toward other groups using a fallacy.
Nearly $3 BILLION so far in lawsuits in the catholic church.

What insurance didn't pay, YOU HELPED PAY. Anyone who puts money on the collection plate is paying for bad deeds of the fathers.

I am sure the priests/bishops and Cardinals thankyou for your support.

I thank you for your support of them.....
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#414075 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You call Catholics all kinds of childish names. Hypocrite.
People sin. Get over it and stop whining.
Name a post number.

You can't.

I certainly never called ladies names like "old hag." (Remember?)

But I don't think old coot is so bad, when true :o)
MICHAEL

Canada

#414076 Jan 8, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>verwee interesting.
I bring the truth. They don't want to hear it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#414077 Jan 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually not all protestant ecclesiastical unions have insurance. Some have been denied, some have been dropped and others think they dont need it, because they deny that it could ever happpen in their church or dont believe in it. However the truth is some of those were destroyed in settlements that made them bankrupt. That is the bigger problem (denial it exists in their churches) and pshchologists have pointed that out. Many of them simply have no polcy. You know the not in my church mentality. That never happens to born agains routine. You have seen it over and over in here havent you? They werent really saved. ;0 The insurance statistics that have been published by major media do not fare well for Protestants and only include the 3 major companies who offer it. Those reports cited also excluded churches of largely black population, therefore it would largely inflate the Protestant number of cases. The point I have always made is I dont really care which denonimation has more what I do care about is people who try to deny it does or could ever exist in their midst so they do nothing and just point fingers at others. In the end nothing can be accomplished by those who think that way other then to foment hatred toward other groups using a fallacy.
Where did you find all these 'facts'??? Our insurance company simply added such coverage on their own when the CC problem became so openly known.

We haven't really needed it; I've only known five cases in all my years, and only one of those was a member of our denomination...and he lived halfway across the country from us. Not including Bakker and Swaggart...though those two were not molesting children.
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#414078 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on now Regina...I never said we didn't have sinners.
So if your parish was involved in a molestation lawsuit would you contiue to support them financially?
You said none of you commit certain sins. You're selective sinners, then? lol!

So how does one determine if a baptist gathering is part of the SBC or not?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#414079 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You call Catholics all kinds of childish names. Hypocrite.
People sin. Get over it and stop whining.
Oops, you forgot to address my point. Try again.

Common Sense 101......

It's impossible to argue that Jesus would want His supposed "only true church" to use diplomatic immunity to avoid accountability.

No self-respecting God would hand-pick such a church to guide the salvation of mankind.

That's just common sense.

Just like no God would NEVER allow the perpetrator of the largest child sex-abuse COVER-UP in world history to be God's messenger of "perfect moral teachings."

That's just common sense. There is no reason that any God would play such absurd games, yet teach....

"... for ye shall know them by their deeds."

The "only true" is beyond absurd.
MICHAEL

Canada

#414080 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
No abuses have occurred in our parish...the money stays in our parish.
Thanks.
Check out the 5 dioceses of New Jersey? Check out Patterson NJ diocese.

http://bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/Pri...

Catholics better learn what has been going on. Of course your priest isn't going to tell you what has happened in your diocese.

Blame Michael for posting you the truth......
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#414081 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I use to coach baseball and basketball with a friend of mine at a catholic school. When charges came out against priests it was then that anyone involved with children had to go through a program and they put policies in place as well. In the 25 years at the catholic church, I'd never seen anything like it. So why didn't the church have these programs and policies in place before the charges came out?
Hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it Chuck? We weren't aware of it. Why didn't most large organizations like public schools, the Boy Scouts, the SBC, other mainstream protestant groups, etc. have them years ago? They weren't aware of how widespread and serious the problem was either.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414082 Jan 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we did have policies in place before, but they were outdated and new technology as well as substantially increased knowledge and awareness of the profile of sexual predators allowed us to put in place a policy that is better than any large organization on the planet. Yours included.
Saying we only did it because we got "caught" implies we just wanted to avoid getting sued in the future and don't care about the safety of children. If that's your position, our conversation is over.
Tony...if policies were in place why weren't adults involved with children put through programs and told about policies in the 25 years I was at the catholic church?

It was not until the charges came out when they instituted them. Why were adults never told about them?
MICHAEL

Canada

#414083 Jan 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually not all protestant ecclesiastical unions have insurance. Some have been denied, some have been dropped and others think they dont need it, because they deny that it could ever happpen in their church or dont believe in it. However the truth is some of those were destroyed in settlements that made them bankrupt. That is the bigger problem (denial it exists in their churches) and pshchologists have pointed that out. Many of them simply have no polcy. You know the not in my church mentality. That never happens to born agains routine. You have seen it over and over in here havent you? They werent really saved. ;0 The insurance statistics that have been published by major media do not fare well for Protestants and only include the 3 major companies who offer it. Those reports cited also excluded churches of largely black population, therefore it would largely inflate the Protestant number of cases. The point I have always made is I dont really care which denonimation has more what I do care about is people who try to deny it does or could ever exist in their midst so they do nothing and just point fingers at others. In the end nothing can be accomplished by those who think that way other then to foment hatred toward other groups using a fallacy.
Below, check out all the roman catholic dioceses of Minnesota.

Long history of clergy problems......

http://bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/Pri...
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#414084 Jan 8, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Name a post number.
You can't.
I certainly never called ladies names like "old hag." (Remember?)
But I don't think old coot is so bad, when true :o)
Yeah, I can. But I don't have to. If anyone is interested your posts are there to see.

Old hag, lol! What a snot-nosed, whiny baby you are.
Get off your fat butt and get some fresh air for a change, help someone less fortunate, do some good for someone other than yourself.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414085 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You said none of you commit certain sins. You're selective sinners, then? lol!
So how does one determine if a baptist gathering is part of the SBC or not?
I don't blame you for dodging my question.
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#414086 Jan 8, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out the 5 dioceses of New Jersey? Check out Patterson NJ diocese.
http://bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/Pri...
Catholics better learn what has been going on. Of course your priest isn't going to tell you what has happened in your diocese.
Blame Michael for posting you the truth......
You can't read, can you?
That's what I thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Aura Mytha 56,163
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 23 min Steve III 44,972
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 38 min bad bob 182,967
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 40 min Mike 383
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,348
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 1 hr Johnny 511
why have black people got no history? (Apr '11) 1 hr Dr Banonator 17
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Hangman 971,867
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr ChristineM 445,930
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 21 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web