Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667843 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#414052 Jan 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy to pile on the Catholic Church with your new atheist buddies Heckle and Jeckle, but when the tables are turned you squeal like a stuck pig. Hypocrite.
The reality is that there is filth in EVERY religious community. NO ONE IS EXEMPT, not you or your group is sinless. And THAT'S BIBLE. Period. Amen.
Is he crazy?? The two of them live and breathe to dig up dirt on the Church, especially her. It's a daily occurrence from them. That's the 'fruit' of their spirit. What hypocrites!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414053 Jan 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Swaggart is on his third church where nothing like that ever happens, but its all good now. He wasnt really saved the first two times, so maybe the third born again experience is the real one. I wonder how much adultery constitutes serial in Kays world or if just the times you get caught count?
Is it ok if I use Regina's words???

People sin. Get over it and stop whining. lol..........
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414054 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he crazy?? The two of them live and breathe to dig up dirt on the Church, especially her. It's a daily occurrence from them. That's the 'fruit' of their spirit. What hypocrites!
Hey Regina...

If your parish was involved with a molestation lawsuit would you continue to financially support it?
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#414055 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right DS....because we have always had strict child protection programs. A child is never ever left alone at our church. We have background checks for people who are involved with children.
catholic church does have protections programs though...now that they been caught.
Not according to Stop Baptist Predators.org .
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#414056 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to Kay and some others here. According to them only Catholics sin.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#414057 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right DS....because we have always had strict child protection programs. A child is never ever left alone at our church. We have background checks for people who are involved with children.
catholic church does have protections programs though...now that they been caught.
Well that is great, but I would greatly hesitate to agree with the statement always, but I dont know when your group started. That is the point though Chuck. I dont care why people are putting safeguards in place but those kinds of things do need be. Mikey mocked the church for putting into place a policy of not leaving children alone. Its pretty sad that you cannot have that kind of trust, but the reality is you cant. Lots of abuse goes on inside families who have the same kind of trust. Lots of work still to be done. Policies such as that are good prevention but they are not necessarily a gurantee it will never happen again. Its good though, but policies, procedures and rules do get broken.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#414058 Jan 8, 2013
Aviela wrote:
Its a lot more to the CC molestations of lil boys that makes the religion dark. Its its false teachings
1) Mattew 23:9 Morever do not call anyone YOUR father on earth, for only one is your Father, the heavenly one.
Why do people call their leaders father?
2) 1 Corinthians 8:4 Now offering the eating of foods offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no God but one.
Why do they worship idols and statues?
3) Matthew 10:8 You received free, give free.
Why do fathers charge for weddings, baptisms, counseling, prayers, funerals..etc?
Our elders do not charge a dime to marry anyone, for funeral talks, encouragement..etc.
The list goes on and on and one.
You are no better than they - since you also do the following:

a. You use the Bible - in which the Catholics gave you.
b. You only believe in less than half of the original Apostles
c. You only use and believe in a portion of what Jesus taught and disregard these texts.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

If you are going to judge other denominations, make sure you include that you are also a "half-Christian".
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#414059 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
We arent calling the Protesants serial adulterers. I think all the whining and accusations of we dont have any sins like you do is coming from the protestant side. Actually I dont think it, because its blatantly obvious. Sounds like alot of whining to me? lol
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#414060 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...you created policies and procedures for children because the church got caught. Like I told your friend DS...our church already had policies and procedures to protect chilren. We didn't do it because we got caught, it's just the right thing to do.
Becoming aware of a problem and reacting to it by creating safeguards to stop the problem is the right thing to do.

Now, if we're dealing with ignorant morons who think the Church didn't want to protect children and only did it to keep from getting sued, well, there's not much I can say to them, they aren't really sincere Christians.

Chuck, why would you need to worry about protecting children in your home 'church' if you would never allow anyone who would do such a thing?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#414061 Jan 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Swaggart is on his third church where nothing like that ever happens, but its all good now. He wasnt really saved the first two times, so maybe the third born again experience is the real one. I wonder how much adultery constitutes serial in Kays world or if just the times you get caught count?
lol.

"Yeah...but, but, but...Swaggart repented!!!"

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#414062 Jan 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If it wasn't for the Catholic Church you'd be kneeling towards Mecca 5 times a day worshipping Allah and his prophet Muhammad.
Your argument doesn't hold water.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#414063 Jan 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of Charles Parham...I am not of that group. Jesus Christ founded this church.
Jesus founded HIS Church---(Matthew 16:13-21)----HIS One True Apostolic (Universal-Catholic) Church--the Bride of Christ--that has existed and proven for over 2000 years. Jesus founded "only one" Church....YOU founded your Church,(not Jesus) which is man-made, conflicting and inconsistently contradicting with the ALL of the other 42,000+ Protestant (bible only)sects and cults!!God has not and is not the author of your bible only Protestant "confusion and chaos".
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414064 Jan 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Its good though, but policies, procedures and rules do get broken.
That is true if you have folks like bishops who look the other way... but we don't have bishops. thanks
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414065 Jan 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Becoming aware of a problem and reacting to it by creating safeguards to stop the problem is the right thing to do.
Now, if we're dealing with ignorant morons who think the Church didn't want to protect children and only did it to keep from getting sued, well, there's not much I can say to them, they aren't really sincere Christians.
Chuck, why would you need to worry about protecting children in your home 'church' if you would never allow anyone who would do such a thing?
it could happen in our church but we did not put policies in place because we got caught. your church did and you know it.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414066 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to Stop Baptist Predators.org .
Again Regina...not apart of SBC...but thanks.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#414067 Jan 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument doesn't hold water.
History affirms that it was the Church which kept Islam out of Europe and therefore the discovery of the Americas and therefore the colonization of North Amercia by Europeans and therefore the establishment of the USA and the Constitution and therefore your's and the other posters freedom to sit in front of a computer today and disagree with me and history.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414068 Jan 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I use to coach baseball and basketball with a friend of mine at a catholic school. When charges came out against priests it was then that anyone involved with children had to go through a program and they put policies in place as well. In the 25 years at the catholic church, I'd never seen anything like it. So why didn't the church have these programs and policies in place before the charges came out?
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#414069 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Regina...not apart of SBC...but thanks.
My mistake.

Then what? I mean since you have no sinners in your worship community, I'd think you'd like to share the information.
MICHAEL

Canada

#414070 Jan 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
WHEN YOU PAINT ALL CHRISTIANS WITH SUCH A BROAD BUSH...YOU HAVE GONE TO FAR.
Being a Christian is a personal position...between that one person and God...
Since the Roman Catholics here have stated, "that they do not believe in a personal relationship with God. that they must be a part of their (So CALLED) church , they are part and party to it's sins, and share a corporate guilt, with/for it's sins.
BUT
There are billions of born again Christians, that attend a Church
and worship there... have a personal relationship WITH CHRIST and a personal standard OF HOLINESS set by the Bible.
These are the true strength of Christianity on the earth, AND THE ONE'S THAT WILL BE TAKEN UP IN THE BRIDE OF CHRIST.
You missed my point.

Line up all the BAD clerics in all religions, not line up all religions.

Get rid of all the perverted ones and the ones who covered up to.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#414071 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
it could happen in our church but we did not put policies in place because we got caught. your church did and you know it.
Actually we did have policies in place before, but they were outdated and new technology as well as substantially increased knowledge and awareness of the profile of sexual predators allowed us to put in place a policy that is better than any large organization on the planet. Yours included.

Saying we only did it because we got "caught" implies we just wanted to avoid getting sued in the future and don't care about the safety of children. If that's your position, our conversation is over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min Pegasus 286,032
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr ROCCO 92,635
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 979,423
Adventure Jeeps in Clarkesville went out of bus... (May '13) 2 hr littlemama101 5
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 3 hr Just Think 48
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 hr ROG 19,320
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Peter Ross 445,569
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr bad bob 183,621
More from around the web