Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699410 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#413943 Jan 8, 2013
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#413944 Jan 8, 2013
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#413945 Jan 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
Yes.
Catholics believe they are eating the literal body and drinking the literal blood of Jesus Christ.
-
I was disabused of the Catholic Church when a friend quoted to me: Matthew 23:9 ... call no man your Father ... And since that is the first thing the Catholic Church insists on, I knew immediately that it could not be the true church.
-
Catholics think they (fallible men) can change even the words that Jesus Christ himself spoke.
-
If Jesus said it, I think it holds FAAAAAAR more weight than any conflicting statement a fallible pope says.... so they jump through hoops "inventing" new doctrine, and dogma ... Ex cathedra.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibil...
You have great thinking skills. I've been asking this question. Why do CC call imperfect men fathers when the Bible clearly says not too. My question goes ignored.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#413946 Jan 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote..
I almost came on this forum again (well, I did for this post anyway) but, the moment I logged on, I saw mike talking about child sexual abuse again. Between Free and him, there were 43 posts in 8hrs about child sexual abuse so far. There was more yesterday. By the time this day is over... they will have accumulated over 100 posts just about child sexual abuse.
Your fretting about the expose of the R CC perverted priest..
begs the question..
Just how many innocent children have been sodomized by a perverted
priest in the time you spent being insulted because their predators, are being exposed...
Question...JUST WHO'S SIDE ARE YOU ON ANYWAY...
THE BIBLE SAYS
Mat_15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Mar_7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
THE HEART OF YOUR
CHURCH IS BEING EXPOSED...and it should be/will be a painful operation.
IT ALSO SAYS
Luk 12:2 For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.
Luk 12:3 Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.
THEY HAVE LIVED IT UP!..Now they//YOU have to live it down!
You evidently need to face reality
I'm not seeing a lot of 'reality' in this thread. Especially not in your posts.
<3
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#413947 Jan 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is sad. This is only 4 years and doesnt count the landmark US case and the many more in progress in Canada. No church or school is immune and those who deny it deny reality. The recent 28 million in the US is about to open an avalanche in Canada. May God weed out all this filth wherever they may be.
December 1, 2012
AUSTRALIA
A $3 Billion class action lawsuit is being launched in Australia on behalf of up to 6,160 children within the Church of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Documents relating to the class action reveal over 14,000 serious criminal breaches of mandatory child protection laws, committed against these children by elders and “ministers of religion” within the Church of Jehovah’s Witnesses over the past 4 years.
The Victorian government “Inquiry into the Handling of Child Abuse by Religions and other Organisations” is currently investigating the allegations, and is expected to hold a public hearing in relation to this in early 2013.
http://jwnewsnetwork.wordpress.com/2012/12/01...
I don't not deny or close my eyes as to believe that molestation happens only in the CC. Molestation happens in EVERY demomination the difference is if one of our brothers is found out that he has been molesting he goes to jail and gets disfellowshiped. We don't send them off to hide in other countries.
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#413948 Jan 8, 2013
Correction: I do not deny....
Aviela

Van Nuys, CA

#413949 Jan 8, 2013
We even have publications that teach our children to tell their parents if someone is touching them innapropietly, how to try and get away from a pervert. None denies that this happens in all demonitions but like I said: if found out the person will get disfellowshiped and the parents have the obligation to turn the perve into the police. How each parent handles the situation I can't speak for them. Everyone reacts different some parents don't believe their kids and others do.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#413950 Jan 8, 2013
FOLLOW: Fox News, The Pope, Video, Catholic Church Scandals, Pope Benedict XVI Scandals, Catholic, Church, Corrupt Churches, Corruption, Religion, Scandal, Vatican, Vatican Corruption, Religion News
Huge institutions, struggling with corruption and suffering historic crises of legitimacy, are becoming all too commonplace these days. Could the same fate befall the largest Christian denomination in the world?
Recently, Catholics -- including Chris Matthews -- have worried that the power of government could destroy the authority of the Church. At a time when institutional corruption worldwide has become a strong source of disillusionment and anger, concerns are growing that the Vatican is in danger of losing its own authority.
With a host of scandals and no hope of a bailout, the Vatican is working to regain its footing by showing a willingness to play by modern rules. For example, the Holy See has hired a Fox News correspondent to run its communications shop.
Is a more corporate approach the Catholic Church's silver bullet?
Can the Vatican right its ship without radically reforming its power structure, or is it time for sweeping change at the top?
What happens to religion if churches are perceived as just as corrupt as big institutions in the secular world?
nothing would happen to religion itself,as far as churches go what does it matter what happens to them?,you don't need them to believe what you believe is the truth about god/jesus,back before any churches were built people prayed to god in their houses,back yards and even in town squares,if you have a bible a complete unedited bible you have no need for a church,you can read passages just as well as any priest,bishop,pope etc.can,since your here typing, that tells me you know how to read and write and think logically,what else do you need to believe in what your interpretation is about god/jesus? by attending church/es your feeding a money making buisness,that's all they are,each individual church takes portions of the scriptures phrases it in their words, and tries to get you to believe they tell the true story of what god/jesus is/was trying to tell us as far as living our lives goes,some went so far as to kill and torture people into believing in their church,does that sound right to you?stop and think about it,do you really need a church to get you into heaven? or isn't it good enough to read the scriptures follow gods path and you will be in heaven andd it won't cost you a dime,the only expense will be for buying a bible,which you don't have to do anymore really thanks to the internet,everything is you need to know is on line.any questions you have you can find on line,so what purpose does a church really serve? besides taking your money.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#413951 Jan 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>nothing would happen to religion itself,as far as churches go what does it matter what happens to them?,you don't need them to believe what you believe is the truth about god/jesus,back before any churches were built people prayed to god in their houses,back yards and even in town squares,if you have a bible a complete unedited bible you have no need for a church,you can read passages just as well as any priest,bishop,pope etc.can,since your here typing, that tells me you know how to read and write and think logically,what else do you need to believe in what your interpretation is about god/jesus? by attending church/es your feeding a money making buisness,that's all they are,each individual church takes portions of the scriptures phrases it in their words, and tries to get you to believe they tell the true story of what god/jesus is/was trying to tell us as far as living our lives goes,some went so far as to kill and torture people into believing in their church,does that sound right to you?stop and think about it,do you really need a church to get you into heaven? or isn't it good enough to read the scriptures follow gods path and you will be in heaven andd it won't cost you a dime,the only expense will be for buying a bible,which you don't have to do anymore really thanks to the internet,everything is you need to know is on line.any questions you have you can find on line,so what purpose does a church really serve? besides taking your money.
One may read the Bible for himself. However, the Bible says "do not forsake the assembling of yourselves together". The assembly of Christians IS the local church. It is in this assembly that we learn to fellowship. It is where we can be taught by elders, and it is where we can share that knowledge with younger ones.

The Bible also instructs us to bring all of the tithe into the storehouse (church), and to bring offerings, "so that there may be meat (provision) in My house." God will provide the needs of those who honor Him with their substance.

#413952 Jan 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
For the Catholic The Confessional and The Eucharist is a sort of "get out of jail, free" card. It keeps them in good standing with the church, so in a way, apologies to the victims is of no consequence.
I am sure Cardinal Law is comfy in his retirement. He's the dude that covered up for John Geoghan and then the Pope went and gave him a new job in Vatican City. So, the Pope covered up for Law. I wonder if the Pope heard Law's confession about his covering up for Geoghan? Sounds like a conspiracy to me.
-
In fact, Cardinal Law accused a victim of Geoghan's!
"the plaintiff (McSorley) was not in the exercise of due care, but rather the negligence of the plaintiff contributed to cause the injury or damage complained of ..." how sickening! Cardinal Law basically accused a child of seducing a priest! a 12 year old ... seducing a grown man? Oh please!
http://www.vachss.com/help_text/archive/law_a...
-
No. The robes do not make them holy men, but the priests actually think the church does. Go figure!
This is why that the CC attacks on Protestants are useless. Show me ONE Protestant offender whose overseer's protected him. And show me one such offender who took communion and was absolved of his crime...

And while you are at it...show me a child that seduces a pedefile.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#413954 Jan 8, 2013
<quoted text>
This is why that the CC attacks on Protestants are useless. Show me ONE Protestant offender whose overseer's protected him. And show me one such offender who took communion and was absolved of his crime...
And while you are at it...show me a child that seduces a pedefile.
You're ignorance and bigotry are astounding;

"WASHINGTON -- Three female plaintiffs claim an evangelical church group covered up allegations of sexual abuse against children, failed to report accusations to the police and discouraged its members from cooperating with law enforcement, according to a lawsuit filed Wednesday.
The lawsuit was filed in Maryland state court against Sovereign Grace Ministries, a 30-year-old family of churches with more than 80 congregations. Most of its churches are in the U.S., but it also has planted congregations in other countries. The alleged abuse happened in Maryland and northern Virginia in the 1980s and 1990s.
The plaintiffs allege a conspiracy spanning more than two decades to conceal sexual abuse committed by church members. They accuse church representatives of permitting suspected pedophiles to interact with children, supplying them with free legal advice to avoid prosecution and forcing victims to meet with and "forgive" the person that had molested them.
"The facts show that the Church cared more about protecting its financial and institutional standing than about protecting children, its most vulnerable members," the lawsuit claims."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/...
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413956 Jan 8, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I don't not deny or close my eyes as to believe that molestation happens only in the CC. Molestation happens in EVERY demomination the difference is if one of our brothers is found out that he has been molesting he goes to jail and gets disfellowshiped. We don't send them off to hide in other countries.
Good post.

Of course such crimes happen in all denominations.

But only one denomination claims to be the "only true church of Jesus" with "perfect teachings" on morals?

Defending one's bad behavior by pointing fingers at all others is pure 3rd grade, schoolyard whining.

"Waaaaa, but teacher, those boys were bad too, waaaaaaa."

The RCC talk a lot of talk, but is the RCC walk up to the standards of Jesus, or any self-respecting God?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413957 Jan 8, 2013
What Catholic will argue that Jesus used Benito Mussolini to give the RCC two great powers to His so-called "only true Church?

1... diplomatic immunity via statehood, and

2... its own bank.

Like Jesus wants his "only true church" to use diplomatic immunity to avoid accountability?

That's just absurd.

So is the concept of one of the most corrupt banks in Europe being run by Jesus' appointee.

The RCC is the largest denomination, but this moral superiority thing is just plain absurd in light of so much historical and contemporary evidence.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#413958 Jan 8, 2013
preston wrote:
G/N.
been a sad day for me. I lost a good friend who died from a stroke last night. his wife was one of my church members who prayed often for her companion. remember that family in your prayers.
==
Preston My wife and I wish to express our condolences.We will certainly remember them and you and your wife in our prayers. I still have a hard time sometime with the passing of one of my good friends very young. We take comfort in Christ Who heals all wounds.

#413959 Jan 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"WASHINGTON -- Three female plaintiffs claim an evangelical church group covered up allegations of sexual abuse against children, failed to report accusations to the police and discouraged its members from cooperating with law enforcement, according to a lawsuit filed Wednesday.
The lawsuit was filed in Maryland state court against Sovereign Grace Ministries, a 30-year-old family of churches with more than 80 congregations. Most of its churches are in the U.S., but it also has planted congregations in other countries. The alleged abuse happened in Maryland and northern Virginia in the 1980s and 1990s.
The plaintiffs allege a conspiracy spanning more than two decades to conceal sexual abuse committed by church members. They accuse church representatives of permitting suspected pedophiles to interact with children, supplying them with free legal advice to avoid prosecution and forcing victims to meet with and "forgive" the person that had molested them.
"The facts show that the Church cared more about protecting its financial and institutional standing than about protecting children, its most vulnerable members," the lawsuit claims."
So we need to change the banner of this forum..RIGHT?

CHANGE IT TO....

"The non existent protestant church commits more sin than the one and only true apostolic Roman Catholic Church..."

Since Your Banner says that the Roman Catholic Church is the only one that exist..

.Why do you quibble about a non existant church, and attempt to compare it with yours?
MICHAEL

Canada

#413960 Jan 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
For the Catholic The Confessional and The Eucharist is a sort of "get out of jail, free" card. It keeps them in good standing with the church, so in a way, apologies to the victims is of no consequence.
I am sure Cardinal Law is comfy in his retirement. He's the dude that covered up for John Geoghan and then the Pope went and gave him a new job in Vatican City. So, the Pope covered up for Law. I wonder if the Pope heard Law's confession about his covering up for Geoghan? Sounds like a conspiracy to me.
-
In fact, Cardinal Law accused a victim of Geoghan's!
"the plaintiff (McSorley) was not in the exercise of due care, but rather the negligence of the plaintiff contributed to cause the injury or damage complained of ..." how sickening! Cardinal Law basically accused a child of seducing a priest! a 12 year old ... seducing a grown man? Oh please!
http://www.vachss.com/help_text/archive/law_a...
-
No. The robes do not make them holy men, but the priests actually think the church does. Go figure!
GUEST....Former Cardinal Law, is now in charge of a Basilica in Rome and has a $10,000 a month salary. His job involves picking new BISHOPS..

What a slap in the face to the vicitms and democracy....

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regio...
MICHAEL

Canada

#413961 Jan 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, you remember CARDINAL BERNARD LAW from the archdiocese of Boston. Covered up hundreds of abuse scandals, cost the church over $550 MILLION.

Yes Bernard Law that the Pope summoned to Rome, to get him out of this mess, was appointed in charge of SANTA MARIA MAGGIORE Basilica, and picking new american Bishops.......at a nice salary of $10,000 a month.

That is his punishment.....I am glad you are thrilled with Bernard Laws appointment.

UNBEIEVABLE!
MICHAEL

Canada

#413962 Jan 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to prove over and over again that you could "care less" about the truth of "anything"regarding the CAtholic
Church. You, Michael, habitually "throw out anything" on this forum that is anti-catholic---hoping that "something sticks"!---of which it "never" does!!!
Here is some truth right from Rome Italy........

Remember Cardinal Law from Boston.

TRUTH YEE SHALL WANT, TRUTH YEE SHALL HAVE!!
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#413963 Jan 8, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==
Preston My wife and I wish to express our condolences.We will certainly remember them and you and your wife in our prayers. I still have a hard time sometime with the passing of one of my good friends very young. We take comfort in Christ Who heals all wounds.
Hi Herme, How are you doing??

I still have times where I really miss my Mother-in-law, and my friend Nancy. They both died with in a short time of each other.
My brother died last fall, I miss them all very much.
Its funny after Nancy past all the people from our Bible study group just fanned out I don't hear from them any more.
I miss her a lot.
MICHAEL

Canada

#413964 Jan 8, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Apology is not going to fix the emotional traumas they have caused hundreds of victims. They robbed their lives. These preachers should do time like all the rest of wicked criminals. The robe doesn't make them holy men
The church authorities have no use for women. That is why they have bogus excuses to keep them out of policy making positions, and positions of authority in the church.

47,000 nuns in america called RADICAL FEMINISTS are under investigation by the Pope and these elderly women molested no one.

....... Bishops right across america in every diocese that molesting clergy were found and NO INVESTIGATION of them.

The church hirearchy do not like women, especially some of the nuns who attained better educations than some bishops. The bishops don't like that one bit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 14 min Doctor REALITY 16
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 34 min Tellthetruth 447,415
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 56 min Quivering Lip Lib... 71,617
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr leprechauns rock 995,062
I miss her so bad. Should I reach out? 2 hr mikex28 1
How to make an interracial relationship work 4 hr malvin48 1
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 6 hr Dang Jersey Piney 122