Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,667
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413360 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
Only a wicked cult would look at a beautiful depiction of Mary holding the dying Jesus - in Michaelangelo's Pieta) and claim its a graven image.
Only the wicked would claim Mary brought World War 2 upon mankind, because we didn't have enough devotion to her "sacred heart."

What a bunch of sickos.

They even think Jesus wants a church with "diplomatic immunity" in order to avoid accountability for the LARGEST CHILD SEX-ABUSE COVER-UP IN WORLD HISTORY.

Memo to Catlics -- Jesus isn't OK with covering up child rape. DUH!!

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#413361 Jan 5, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Actually, anyone who can think for themselves knows the Catholic church is the biggest cult on the planet.
-
It certainly has ALL the marks of a cult.
True.All too true.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#413362 Jan 5, 2013
Look at reality Catlics.

There's a big, empty bun. So where's the beef?

If being the focus of comedy club routines WORLDWIDE is the goal of a one-true church, then bravo!

Impressive.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#413364 Jan 5, 2013
Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

~~~

commentary by F.B.MYER

Messiah’s mission,

Isa_61:1-3.

At Nazareth our Lord applied these words to Himself. Let us care for the outcasts as He did; but to do so, we need to be anointed with the Holy Spirit, who rested so mightily on Him.

The acceptable year is clearly that of Lev_25:8-13. Our Lord, when quoting this, stopped at the comma, Isa_61:2, because the day of vengeance is not yet.

See Luk_4:19.

Mark that it is only for a day! God not only delivers, but anoints and crowns.

Messiah’s kingdom,

Isa_61:4-9. In days yet future, the ruined cities of Palestine shall be restored. In a spiritual sense, we also may appropriate this promise. When we receive the Pentecostal gift, we also witness the restoration of the wastes, which our sins have caused in our own lives and in the lives of others.

Let us clasp to our hearts Isa_61:7-9.

Messiah’s joy, Isa_61:10-11. Jesus is the true bridegroom of the soul; and we may appropriate our side of these happy words.

Note this combination of imputed and imparted righteousness.

The one is put on as a garment, Isa_61:10;

the other blossoms out from within, Isa_61:11.

Oh, that from our lives God would cause righteousness and praise to spring forth!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#413365 Jan 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
~~~
commentary by F.B.MYER
Messiah’s mission,
Isa_61:1-3.
At Nazareth our Lord applied these words to Himself. Let us care for the outcasts as He did; but to do so, we need to be anointed with the Holy Spirit, who rested so mightily on Him.
The acceptable year is clearly that of Lev_25:8-13. Our Lord, when quoting this, stopped at the comma, Isa_61:2, because the day of vengeance is not yet.
See Luk_4:19.
Mark that it is only for a day! God not only delivers, but anoints and crowns.
Messiah’s kingdom,
Isa_61:4-9. In days yet future, the ruined cities of Palestine shall be restored. In a spiritual sense, we also may appropriate this promise. When we receive the Pentecostal gift, we also witness the restoration of the wastes, which our sins have caused in our own lives and in the lives of others.
Let us clasp to our hearts Isa_61:7-9.
Messiah’s joy, Isa_61:10-11. Jesus is the true bridegroom of the soul; and we may appropriate our side of these happy words.
Note this combination of imputed and imparted righteousness.
The one is put on as a garment, Isa_61:10;
the other blossoms out from within, Isa_61:11.
Oh, that from our lives God would cause righteousness and praise to spring forth!
Did you mean"confronting"wit h the Word?
Clay

Chicago, IL

#413366 Jan 5, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the wicked would claim Mary brought World War 2 upon mankind, because we didn't have enough devotion to her "sacred heart."
What a bunch of sickos.
They even think Jesus wants a church with "diplomatic immunity" in order to avoid accountability for the LARGEST CHILD SEX-ABUSE COVER-UP IN WORLD HISTORY.
Memo to Catlics -- Jesus isn't OK with covering up child rape. DUH!!
Largest sex abuse scandal in history of the world wide universe solar system.

Gee, you'd think it would involve more than 2% of its members then. Something fishy is going on Free. Are you sure you're not just blowing this topic up to make it seem like its worse than what it is? Perhaps you are biased towards the Church due to a clash with your lifestyle?
gotcha
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413367 Jan 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, you have been watching Godfather 3 reruns.
Actually my sources come right from Rome Italy. Is that close enough to the action?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#413368 Jan 5, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Look at reality Catlics.
There's a big, empty bun. So where's the beef?
If being the focus of comedy club routines WORLDWIDE is the goal of a one-true church, then bravo!
Impressive.
Comedians are making fun of our clergy. Oh Lord what are we going to do!
I'm sure the Church would rather have that, then England banning Catholicism for 250 yrs and slaughtering hundreds of thousand of our clergy and laity.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413369 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you'd think it would involve more than 2% of its members then. Something fishy is going on Free. Are you sure you're not just blowing this topic up to make it seem like its worse than what it is? Perhaps you are biased towards the Church due to a clash with your lifestyle?
gotcha
The point has gone right over your head again.

It doesn't matter how many priests have been caught. The rest of the priests/bishops/cardinals who didn't molest, who were aware of a bad priest in their diocese, lied and covered up for the ones who did molest.

Do you not agree any KNOWING bishop or priest who allowed such actions without contacting authorities should also be punished?

Why is the pope INVESTIGATING the nuns in america who never molested or covered up for anyone, yet the priests and bishops who did know about bad clergy and did nothing, NO INVESTIGATION of them.

SHAMEFUL...
truth

Perth, Australia

#413370 Jan 5, 2013
digital crime..evil satanic creation..see my respond over your evil diploma..but will be fall as previous fall.
Modern technology is some killers..no any challenge will be in future..digit as well satellite are killers too.

I hope its will be fall as deserve.

#413371 Jan 5, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Did you mean"confronting"wit h the Word?
~~~

It was supposed to be "CONFRONTING WITH THE WORD'..but a typographical error was made...

I never bothered to change it..

It just marks/portrays... my imperfections, my humanity, my age, and total dependency upon God for my existence.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413372 Jan 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
gotcha
CLAY says......Largest sex abuse scandal in history of the world wide universe solar system.

MICHAEL says.....You are right! 17 centuries of hidden and covered up abuses by clergy. READ YOUR CHURCH CANON LAWS/OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS. Its all there for anyone to read and learn. From the 3rd century until now.

BELOW OFFICIAL ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DOCUMENTS outlining the known history of abuse within the ranks of the catholic clergy....

http://www.elephantsinthelivingroom.com/Histo...

http://www.richardsipe.com/patrick_wall/offic...

Again, these are papal documents that are now available for all to read.

Don't blame me for what your church hasn't told you!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#413373 Jan 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>March 1955, a man by the name of Carl died, a few minutes late he came back to life, and he described what he saw in heaven and who talked to him, to a young boy of 12 years old.
I was that young Boy, he was my Grandfather, those he said talked to him were among the "greats in heaven"(his words, not mine).
like the rich man he {saw}, except in his expeirence, what he saw was beautiful.and he described it to me.
and he heard them talking to him, and He told me what they told him, which was this, tell the young boy that God has a job to do for Him.and in Aug, 1982, as a sinner, I cried out to God an asked Him when I was going to do that Job. He answered in a miracleous way, and a few Days later, I was saved. and in 11984, He called me to preach.
Knowing all of this, I certainly am not going to believe you or anyone else, I will lean on the Light that God has given me
ridem-COWBOY says......

and he described what he saw in heaven and who talked to him, to a young boy of 12 years old.

MICHAEL says.....OK cowboy, tells us what heaven looks like? Tell us how he got there. Tell us how far away it it. Tell us where it is. Tell us who he saw and what they looked like?

I am sure there are Muslims who have said they too have died and gone to heaven and returned, and they probably describe God wearing a turbin.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#413374 Jan 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
It was supposed to be "CONFRONTING WITH THE WORD'..but a typographical error was made...
I never bothered to change it..
It just marks/portrays... my imperfections, my humanity, my age, and total dependency upon God for my existence.
True.GOD also gave you enough sense to correct that misspelling.

#413375 Jan 5, 2013
Let's settle this truth once and for all: It is the nearness of God that produces our good. Christianity was never designed by God to be sustained by nice people trying to appear good. We're not that good. We're not that clever. And we're not that nice. The only thing that can sustain true Christianity is true union with Jesus Christ. It is nearness to Him in all things that produces our spiritual fruit.

If we are honest, we will admit that, apart from the influence and work of God, there is nothing morally superior or remarkably virtuous about our lives.
Our flesh has the same carnal passions as do people in the world; our soul carries within it the same insecurities and fears.
Thus, apart from the influence of Christ in us, there's no difference between Christians and non-Christians (except that Christians, when living separate from God's presence, can be more obnoxious).

It's only our relationship with the Lord that keeps us from fulfilling the lusts and desires of the flesh, for apart from Him we can do nothing (John 15:5).
Therefore, the strength of our walk does not originate from within ourselves; rather it comes from our relationship with Christ.
Our virtue, if it can be defined as such, is that we have learned to prioritize seeking God; our character is the offspring of our oneness with Jesus.

By this I mean, Jesus is not only first on our list of priorities; His influence rules over all our priorities.
He inspires love in our relationships;
His voice becomes the conviction in our integrity. God has made "Christ Jesus" to be to us "wisdom … and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption" (1 Cor. 1:30).

Thus, the God-seeker desires to find the Lord's pleasure drawn to every aspect of his soul.
He also knows that, should an area of his heart exist in isolation from God, he will remain vulnerable to manipulation by the enemy in that area.

So let me underscore the psalmist's truth, and let us say with our own voice of conviction: it is the nearness of our God that is our good.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#413376 Jan 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
ridem-COWBOY says......
and he described what he saw in heaven and who talked to him, to a young boy of 12 years old.
MICHAEL says.....OK cowboy, tells us what heaven looks like? Tell us how he got there. Tell us how far away it it. Tell us where it is. Tell us who he saw and what they looked like?
I am sure there are Muslims who have said they too have died and gone to heaven and returned, and they probably describe God wearing a turbin.
Amazing how people seem to have forgotten how to spell, these days.
Clay

United States

#413377 Jan 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY says......Largest sex abuse scandal in history of the world wide universe solar system.
MICHAEL says.....You are right! 17 centuries of hidden and covered up abuses by clergy. READ YOUR CHURCH CANON LAWS/OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS. Its all there for anyone to read and learn. From the 3rd century until now.
BELOW OFFICIAL ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DOCUMENTS outlining the known history of abuse within the ranks of the catholic clergy....
http://www.elephantsinthelivingroom.com/Histo...
http://www.richardsipe.com/patrick_wall/offic...
Again, these are papal documents that are now available for all to read.
Don't blame me for what your church hasn't told you!
Ok, so the rest of the planet gets to attempt a treatment course with offenders, and its called 'standard practice when feeling with offenders in the 20th century'
But when the Catholic Church did it, you call it a cover-up!
You phony bigot. Scram.
Clay

United States

#413378 Jan 5, 2013
oops. bad timing for a typo. I meant DEALING with offender. Not FEELING with offenders. lol
truth

Perth, Australia

#413379 Jan 5, 2013
I explain..everything whats look nice as well shine is not good.
Can be deadly too.

Killers of body as well soul..is that make sense for you?
or
Maybe you will say..technology go far away our intellect that we can't imagen how it is beautiful or powerful.

Still nothing change in my mind.
disciple

Temecula, CA

#413380 Jan 5, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>well, when he gets old enough to understand, then he. like me can blame the far right who elected bush in the first place, since most of the deficit occured in the last year of his presidency, as you well knew.lol
but he is a cute fellow, I got to get jess to put his picture dressed in a santa suit on the computer.
I agree that the Republicrats are at fault. But I don't put the blame on the people that govern I put it in the people that elect them.
By the way I'm not a republican nor a democrat. I'm a tea partier which you may consider as most lefties do worse than republicans.
I believe that as a father I need to give my children a biblical based education so they can come up with their own conclusions about their government and life in general.
They won't be blaming they will be achieving.
You are fortunate to see grandchildren, I would like to get there if the Lord gives me that much time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 min Wordsworth 4,776
The REAL reason Oscar Pistorius was sent straig... 3 min Doctor REALITY 7
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Dave Nelson 230,003
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 750,699
Are NFL teams....LYING about why they don't wan... 43 min Doctor REALITY 28
Hacking Staples...Banks..Witchcraft...The End 46 min Power_2014 4
The Feds Are Playing A Very Dangerous Game 51 min Power_2014 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 261,673
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr dr Shrink 602,176
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 3 hr chevyguy 127
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 9 hr MeHere 388

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE